Daily Check-In

Options

Replies

• electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Sounds like lots of fun @smurfette2139

@nuttyengineer I made pancakes the other day, they were good but next time I definitely need to try that!

@ryanp_942 I'm cutting out alcohol for the month of May too, summer certainly is coming! Glad to hear someone else will be in the same boat as me.

And my check-in...
    I'm feeling a bit down about my lack of weight loss but am hoping that I can turn things around in this coming month.

I haven't been as active on this thread as I was when I started it so maybe I'll try to make my check in a more regular thing.

Hope everyone is going well!

It's a beautiful day here and I'm off for my run now
  • HedgeHaug
    HedgeHaug Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Teddytaniwha, that is frightening! I personally do no exercise to eat more, but I have wrestled with the same twenty pounds of weight for decades! These last months have been my most sedentary in years.

Good news! The job I was working towards was awarded to me! It is an active position in cardiac rehab! (Doing the Snoopy dance!) 0630-1700 weekdays! (Tuesdays and Thursdays are short days.)
  • Tuscany1976
    Tuscany1976 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

As a breast cancer survivor, I've come to understand the importance of exercise, eating right, and staying alway from alcohol. Over the past four years, I've lost 65 lbs. It was hard work, im not going to lie, but cancer might have been the best thing that ever happened to me, it opened my eyes to being and living healthy. I now wake up with energy, and no pain.

So, back to your question, what kind of workout did I do today. I climbed the stairs at the 59th street station from the 4 & 5 train to get my heart pumping, and walked (briskly) for 20 minutes in between train stations to and from work. On the way home, I'll walk a mile and meet my steps quota for the day.

Everyone on here seems really motivated, im really glad I joined this chat.

• Joliekay1582
    Joliekay1582 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. There was an interesting article on the BBC about a report fron London University on exercise. Scientists are saying exercise is good for you but has little effect on obesity. Its watching what you eat that makes the difference. They attacked the notion that if you exercise more you can eat more. Anyhow trust you all had a good weekend

Watched a great documentary called "Fed Up" the other day that really puts that statement into prospective.
  • Joliekay1582
    Options
    Well I'm sick of the belly fat and larger then the average bear sized love handles lol... Adding an an workout to my routine...
  • starsonlyone
    starsonlyone Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I did good for 2 weeks then *kitten* up then just keep fraking up.... and All I want to do is give up..
  • Joliekay1582
    Options
    I did good for 2 weeks then *kitten* up then just keep fraking up.... and All I want to do is give up..

Awe don't give up... Ull get there...
  • schneizilla
    schneizilla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just had a weak moment and inhaled 6 pancakes... :s
  • jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. There was an interesting article on the BBC about a report fron London University on exercise. Scientists are saying exercise is good for you but has little effect on obesity. Its watching what you eat that makes the difference. They attacked the notion that if you exercise more you can eat more. Anyhow trust you all had a good weekend

Watched a great documentary called "Fed Up" the other day that really puts that statement into prospective.

Totally believe it's all about Calories In vs Calories Out. All you need is to create a caloric deficit to lose weight. Exercise does help with firming the loose skin you can have with weight loss and for overall health.
  • teddytaniwha
    teddytaniwha Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I agree. I must have spent hundteds of pounds over the years on gym memberdhips and then got bored and disheatened by not looking like an adonis within 3 weeks. Then my doctor told me to stop wasting my mone as I'm not a gym bloke. He told me to have a walk or bike ride each day just enough tobe slightly out of breathe and sweaty. Its been good and I've discovered a whole load of urban paths and parks I never knew existed.
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Just had a weak moment and inhaled 6 pancakes... :s

Doh!

I can so relate. I'm doing well today so far though
  • teddytaniwha
    teddytaniwha Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I did the same. Who knew a packet of Cheezos wss 600 calories. It meant a green salad for tea.Thank heavens for MFP barcode thingy. I wouldn't hsve known otherwise
  • PoohBelly
    PoohBelly Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Checking in. Lost 3 lbs this week. :D Slow and steady seems to be working. For all those struggling, hang in there!!
  • TheNewRaeRae
    TheNewRaeRae Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm new here, and was wondering if anyone has suggestions for exercise for someone with bad asthma. I want to get active and stay active! o:)
  • nuttyengineer
    nuttyengineer Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Once again I've hit a rough patch as far as eating healthy. I seem to be running into this problem where I plan out healthy meals for the week, but I'm so tired when I get home from work that I don't want to cook any of them (regardless of how easy they are) and just eat the first thing in sight.

But, I'm back to my usual routine at the gym (more or less) and even increased my weights this week.
  • Joliekay1582
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm new here, and was wondering if anyone has suggestions for exercise for someone with bad asthma. I want to get active and stay active! o:)

I have pretty bad asthma also. I love p90x. I do my own thing as far as cardio, but the weightlifting, yoga, and stretching is really great. I feel amazing when I'm doing it regularly.... With that being said lol not sure why I get so lazy and just stop doing it...
  • roropants
    roropants Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I had a rough day yesterday because my new workout routine wore me out and I was stress eating beyond my allotted calories for the day, then went on a tired bike ride to make up for it. But, today I started my morning with step aerobics and I feel much better. Tryin' to stay on track! Thanks for being here.
  • Joliekay1582
    Options
    roropants wrote: »
    Good morning all! I had a rough day yesterday because my new workout routine wore me out and I was stress eating beyond my allotted calories for the day, then went on a tired bike ride to make up for it. But, today I started my morning with step aerobics and I feel much better. Tryin' to stay on track! Thanks for being here.

Awesome roropants!!
    Bad minutes happen, but sounds like you got this!!
    roropants wrote: »

Hey good for you! I have been doing p90x and every muscle is screaming and I weighed in and for 2 wks in a row I've lost nothing soooo I ate a sleeve of girl scout cookies :( yup that happened
  • Joliekay1582
    Options
    PoohBelly wrote: »
    Checking in. Lost 3 lbs this week. :D Slow and steady seems to be working. For all those struggling, hang in there!!

Ugh struggling!!
  • Gloria67648
    Gloria67648 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling for a long while now so I'd like to add more friends, check in here to be accountable and to say hey and get that scale moving downward again.