Daily Check-In

Options

Replies

• wikkidwanda
    wikkidwanda Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Well... I weighed myself... and maybe I am the only one who does this, but I don't believe the scale. I have been big my whole life, and as such, I have obviously tried different modes of weight loss, though if I am honest with myself, I was always ALMOST doing it.... like not weighing food, or "trying" to get all my veggies in, or drinking juice instead of water... but I started in March... I weighed myself then, for the first week... but after a week, it said i went UP... so I haven't stepped on the scale since... I have pictures 1 month apart since I started (and had to have 2 different people look at them and tell me WHERE the difference was before I could acknowledge it).... so... I can't REALLY tell if I have... because I don't believe it. That said, I just went for a crazy walk where I got lost, had a bit of a panic attack, walked on train tracks and burned almost 400 calories...
  • brittanykira
    brittanykira Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Good news today: Down 6.2 lbs! So very excited to see this progress :)

Nice work! Keep it up.

Thanks! :)
  • Tigger422RM
    Tigger422RM Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, new here :) I've been using MFP for about 2 years, but didn't realize there was a forum until a couple months ago and didn't look at groups until the last couple days. I've lost 75 lbs so far, but I've been stuck for the last month. Trying to up the activity (mostly walking/running -I've fallen in love with Zombies Run!-, but I've started to add in occasional hiking, cycling, and strength training) and just remember weight loss isn't linear. Hopefully I'll get a nice big loss sometime soon, but if staying on track isn't helping at the moment, going off track certainly won't either! Currently in medical school, so plenty busy but finding time to keep working to become healthy.
  • River_L
    River_L Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am focused and on track for just over a week and taking it one day at a time. I have a lot of weight to loose and I find it hard to stay motivated. I am happy to have found this LGBT+ group and look forward to getting to know some of you and your journeys.
  • acstl
    acstl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi Riverwood9.....
  • elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I've been screwing off for a couple months... now I'm stuck in a rut of over eating again. :/
    June 1st is my birthday and hopefully the start of kicking things back into gear...
  • sugaandgrits
    sugaandgrits Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm just now waking up not long ago lol, but I'm about to have an heirloom tomato, apricot, and a small baby bel cheddar cheese. for lunch, I'm having a grilled market salad with light italian from chick fil a. not sure what's for dinner yet. I did 4 miles last night and only plan to do 2 today, granted I stick with my meal plan.
  • Jackeleenda
    Jackeleenda Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    New to the group and the past two days I slacked off big time. I saw the scale going up this morning and that got me back on track with my eating. Fixing to attempt to work out shortly.
  • yorkshiregoal
    yorkshiregoal Posts: 41 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Ugh, I had a good two weeks of following very closely to my plan (1200 calories, not eating back those earned in exercise)... today I was out of the house all day and had a birthday dinner to attend in the evening. I ate way over my 1200, and found that I actually felt hungrier not having the regular healthier foods that I would normally prepare / have at home (and I am way over sodium too, not good!). But I did work out for an hour and a half today to try to compensate - which for me is a positive step! Days like this in the past would have 'derailed' me for at least a little while... I do tend towards an 'all or none' personality sometimes, and have not yet learned how to properly moderate, so one bad day used to turn into 2,3,4, or more. Not today though. I am being gentle on myself, recognizing that I made the effort to work out for longer, and still came in 'under' calories. And tomorrow, I just get back to everything that has been working so well :).
  • brittanykira
    Options
    Well I did a 22 km hike yesterday, and today I am feeling it!! OMG my legs :/ But it was well worth it. I am pretty proud of myself for this. It was a huge challenge for me! As a) being overweight and b) being the biggest hiker in the group, I am so proud to say I completed it! Now on to my second deep cleanse as part of the Isagenix program. Wish me luck!
  • rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I've been screwing off for a couple months... now I'm stuck in a rut of over eating again. :/
    June 1st is my birthday and hopefully the start of kicking things back into gear...

Happy Birthday!
  • shiftynj
    shiftynj Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Well I did a 22 km hike yesterday, and today I am feeling it!! OMG my legs :/ But it was well worth it. I am pretty proud of myself for this. It was a huge challenge for me! As a) being overweight and b) being the biggest hiker in the group, I am so proud to say I completed it! Now on to my second deep cleanse as part of the Isagenix program. Wish me luck!

Good work! I love hiking. I need to weigh myself down with enough backup batteries to keep phone charged so I can GPS it.
  • brittanykira
    Options
    shiftynj wrote: »

Good work! I love hiking. I need to weigh myself down with enough backup batteries to keep phone charged so I can GPS it.

With all the water bottles I had in my backpack, plus my food and extra clothing, my backpack had to be 15lbs or more. Looking forward to doing a few more hikes over the summer!
  • acstl
    acstl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Happy Pride Month!
  • anitawoelfel
    anitawoelfel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My other half came, home after 10 days of being gone for work and said " You're looking good." Which is a change, as she's usually nagging me about my late night snacking and pointing out my cellulite. :-/
    The city removed our neighborhood pool and installed an outdoor gym, a 5 min walk from my house! I worked out there for 40 min:) The plan is to make every day like today!
  • schneizilla
    schneizilla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    The city removed our neighborhood pool and installed an outdoor gym, a 5 min walk from my house! I worked out there for 40 min:) The plan is to make every day like today!
    Wow, that's awesome!
  • fearthisfish42
    fearthisfish42 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

That is amazing...You probably had a lot of lactic acid build up in your legs and that is one reason why they ache so much, I have has similar issues after long hikes and runs...They best thing to do is move and rub them. It was the last think that i wanted to do but the best thing to do.
  • fearthisfish42
    fearthisfish42 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    So I did well yesterday...The last thing I wanted to do was go for a swim but the weather finally broke for a little bit and I was able to get a small swim in. I also helps that i have some one to swim with and she was going to be there. We are training for the same triathlon and are pushing each other to swim which we both need. Food is getting better. Just have to remind myself that it is going to take time. Really hope weather clears today so I can run outside.
  • shiftynj
    Options
    So I did well yesterday...The last thing I wanted to do was go for a swim but the weather finally broke for a little bit and I was able to get a small swim in. I also helps that i have some one to swim with and she was going to be there. We are training for the same triathlon and are pushing each other to swim which we both need. Food is getting better. Just have to remind myself that it is going to take time. Really hope weather clears today so I can run outside.

It really does help when someone is there so you can push each other. I wish my SO was more into working out.

Also, that moment when you find yourself WANTING to run. Happened to me on Saturday and I was thinking "Who IS this person?" We were at a conference for church on what used to be a farm so it was quite dark out. I ended up trespassing on the adjoining assisted-living community because they had streetlights. I think I ran faster because I was afraid someone would report me as an escapee!

Then last night it happened again; raining and dark, and I was like ^#(*@(* it, I'm going running!

• shiftynj
    Options
    My other half came, home after 10 days of being gone for work and said " You're looking good." Which is a change, as she's usually nagging me about my late night snacking and pointing out my cellulite. :-/

I'd miss the pool, but since they're generally overrun with children I guess the gym is more productive.