• Joliekay1582
    Joliekay1582 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    yeeeha! just got results of my test in economy back...passed with a B :-D

Congrats!!
  • Joliekay1582
    Options
    I'm doing all right. I've had a little bit of a chance to recover from the stress I've been under and am actually going to make it to the gym tomorrow for the second time in a week, which I haven't been able to do the last couple weeks. Hopefully that'll be a good thing because I found myself really dragging behind everyone else in yesterday's class.

Keep your head up!
  • Joliekay1582
    Options
    Have a cold. Feel yucky
  • sdumpert
    sdumpert Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm a 40-something in the American South.

Boy, do we like to center everything around eating. Going to friends: out to a bar for fried apps. Going to church: potluck dinner. Going to the movies: popcorn with fake butter. Going on a date: out to dinner with wine. Going to enjoy a summer day: picnic lunch and ice cream. Sheesh!

Since being out of the fitness habit for the last 4 years, I'm 20 pounds heavier than I used to be and it's time to take it all off. I've been on my current plan for 2 weeks and I've lost 3 pounds. 17 more to go.
  • rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    dave71us wrote: »
    Day 87. Down 32 pounds. My average is about 2.25 pounds a week. I could not be more pleased. One way I sneak in exercise is to walk every day at 4pm to,the campus Starbucks from my office (about 20mins). I have a regular coffee and I really enjoy getting out of the office. Can't believe how well this little app is working and how invested I feel seeing that daily streak. I look forward to ch caking in here!

Dave, that's awesome!!! Way to go!
    I also have an office job at a university, and I try to walk during my lunch break most days but also sneak out to take walks and yep, often stop by the campus Starbucks for a skinny latte.
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I haven't been around much lately. My running training has been going great but there's been no movement on the weight loss and I'm not feeling particularly motivated on this front.

I got a little worried that I might be gaining but had the opportunity to weigh myself yesterday and I'm the same weight so that's good. I've decided to shift my goal to maintenance for the time being, give my willpower a bit of a rest and then start again when I'm feeling it more.
  • Joliekay1582
    Options
    Day 3 of the cold but surprisingly enough felt a bit better today already. Even did 30 mins of cardio at the gym...its better then a 3rd skip day! Taking my vitamins, drinking loads of water, trying to eat healthier. Maybe it will be my shortest cold to date....
  • HedgeHaug
    HedgeHaug Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi, lovelies! Thank you rebolaugh, excellent idea with my exercise!

Big changes here! My hospital offered me a cardiac rehab job, days, and I accepted! Hugs all around!
  • Joliekay1582
    Options
    So I have this forum and a few others I like to visit daily and they say they are bookmarked and have the little gold star but when I click the bookmarked tab none of them show up so I have to hunt them down in my recent forums thing.... Anyone have an idea as to why its not holding my bookmarks....?
  • Joliekay1582
    Options
    sdumpert wrote: »
    Hi all. I'm a 40-something in the American South.

Boy, do we like to center everything around eating. Going to friends: out to a bar for fried apps. Going to church: potluck dinner. Going to the movies: popcorn with fake butter. Going on a date: out to dinner with wine. Going to enjoy a summer day: picnic lunch and ice cream. Sheesh!

Since being out of the fitness habit for the last 4 years, I'm 20 pounds heavier than I used to be and it's time to take it all off. I've been on my current plan for 2 weeks and I've lost 3 pounds. 17 more to go. [/qu

Food is just everywhere isn't it? Sometimes it really just sucks lol. Its hard to stay focused when your starving and cooking healthy chicken when ur mates pizza arrives. I can't say no to it every time but I do believe I'm getting better at saying no more often and limiting portion sizes.
  • HedgeHaug
    Options
    Hello, All!Having a good day today!
  • HedgeHaug
    Options
    hello!
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone <3 I havent checked in in a long time, but hey uh. Im still alive. Hope everyone is doing great!
  • bhagarmckee
    bhagarmckee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Staying alive! Staying alive! (that's for @guinevere96)

So in the four days since my last "daily" check-in... I've celebrated a birthday (hubby threatened to cut me in half and make two 28s), overate by about 200 calories most days this week, managed to do some mild exercise despite some nagging back discomfort that keeps shifting from one spot to another. Beginning to wonder if some kind of vitamin/mineral supplement is in order.

Other than that, feeling pretty positive overall and enjoying a week off from school. Back to work on Monday!

and @dave71us - thanks for the inspiration!
  • HedgeHaug
    Options
    Hey, guinevere!
  • Joliekay1582
    Options
    Hello everyone <3 I havent checked in in a long time, but hey uh. Im still alive. Hope everyone is doing great!

Welcome back!
  • Joliekay1582
    Options
    My hometown had its annual trout festival this wkend. Yup we celebrate the opening day of trout fishing. Odd as it seems it is a pretty big to do around here. We have to parades, one Fri and one sat. We have a decent size midway that seems to always arrive with a flea market and all that amazing food carnivals are good for. Yup cotton candy, elephant ears, chili cheese fries literally by the bucket, huge lemonades covered in sugar, and new this year... Deep fried oreos. The we have the demolition derby in the entertainment arena and end the night with a grand display of fireworks. It is truly the wkend of the year. it was a fun wkend and we got lucky cuz the sun shined down on us for both days. Needless to say.... Cal count is a bit staggering ;)
  • nuttyengineer
    nuttyengineer Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm doing pretty good. I've had a nice lazy weekend because I could, but I managed to not get too crazy and still eat relatively healthy (though I did discover that putting hot chocolate powder in pancakes is really good).

Back to work tomorrow.
  • ryanp_942
    ryanp_942 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, been a while since my last check in. Decided to update my goals so now aiming to lose 10lbs in just over 6 weeks. Up to now I've been super light on exercise and quite generous with treats, so I'm going to try to cut alcohol out for May and hit the gym a few times a week.

Summer is coming!
  • teddytaniwha
    teddytaniwha Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. There was an interesting article on the BBC about a report fron London University on exercise. Scientists are saying exercise is good for you but has little effect on obesity. Its watching what you eat that makes the difference. They attacked the notion that if you exercise more you can eat more. Anyhow trust you all had a good weekend