Spring "Cleanse" - A 33 Day Tribute to Pie, Peeps and Cadbury Creme Eggs

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »
    Well, I was hoping to have something super exciting for the last day but I guess that didn't happen. So for day 33, I had Talenti Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup. Not that it is not good, but not the exciting and different ending I was hoping for.

I was hoping for something special but ended up falling short.

But it never has to end!

EDIT: and kudos to Malibu! I can't keep up with the congrats on cleanse successes, so consider this a big thumbs up to all cleansers!
    True!

I think I've more or less remained around the same weight. Things have only really gotten back to "normal" for me recently but I've had a lot of good sweets along the way with many more to come. :wink:

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Don't have a final day update just yet. But I want to interject that, as awesome as this cleanse has been, ending on tax day is tough. I've been up late for several days and then up early, early this morning just trying to wrangle close enough estimates for an extension without penalties and I estimate I may drink my bodyweight in beer, caffeine, wine, (likely tequila later) and who knows what before I can even consider a sweet treat this evening. Rough ending to this cleanse!

Cortelli we should do a booze cleanse. You and I would rock that.

Indeed! And auddii would too! May not be much of a challenge for us, though! This Spring Cleanse actually forced me to eat sweets every day whereas I might otherwise have skipped numerous days - generally not a problem I encounter when thinking about a glass of wine or some sipping tequila every day.

That's true. Having a glass of wine daily is a no brainer for me. Figuring out what sweets I was going to fit in, and trying not to compromise my nightly glass of vino was a little more challenging.

My cleanse results are not dramatic. I've been in "should I keep trying to lose a little more or should I just switch to maintenance" mode for a while now. A month long cleanse allows for a number of contributing factors to fluctuation, so if anything, I think I'm down a pound or two since we started but not lower than my lowest recorded weight on MFP.

I'm the opposite. I pretty much never drink. Not because I don't like to but just because if I'm going to spend a couple hundred calories I'd rather have food most of the time.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Don't have a final day update just yet. But I want to interject that, as awesome as this cleanse has been, ending on tax day is tough. I've been up late for several days and then up early, early this morning just trying to wrangle close enough estimates for an extension without penalties and I estimate I may drink my bodyweight in beer, caffeine, wine, (likely tequila later) and who knows what before I can even consider a sweet treat this evening. Rough ending to this cleanse!

Indeed! And auddii would too! May not be much of a challenge for us, though! This Spring Cleanse actually forced me to eat sweets every day whereas I might otherwise have skipped numerous days - generally not a problem I encounter when thinking about a glass of wine or some sipping tequila every day.

That's true. Having a glass of wine daily is a no brainer for me. Figuring out what sweets I was going to fit in, and trying not to compromise my nightly glass of vino was a little more challenging.

My cleanse results are not dramatic. I've been in "should I keep trying to lose a little more or should I just switch to maintenance" mode for a while now. A month long cleanse allows for a number of contributing factors to fluctuation, so if anything, I think I'm down a pound or two since we started but not lower than my lowest recorded weight on MFP.

I'm the opposite. I pretty much never drink. Not because I don't like to but just because if I'm going to spend a couple hundred calories I'd rather have food most of the time.

Same. Even on Holidays... alcohol is just never worth the calories to me anymore (like soda and juice, really). The only exception I guess would be a nice dry cider.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

I just don't like the taste of alcohol. I'll have a drink maybe twice a year...which actually may account for three drinks in the next three weeks (two banquets and a vacation).
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on alcohol either.

And I can't really drink any now since I'm nursing. I refuse to 'pump & dump'.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Same here. I really enjoy my beer but it's like one or two a week.
    Eta yes my avatar is a beer. Lol
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Same here. I really enjoy my beer but it's like one or two a week.
    Eta yes my avatar is a beer. Lol

Mine is more like one or two per year. lol
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I think the cleanse was for me at least an overall success, but I usually have a snack daily anyway - I just went more to the sweet then the salty for this timeframe. But honestly I think the reason I have lost 70 lbs so far (not sure about my actual loss during the cleanse because I haven't been weighing myself - long story but I keep getting dressed before I am near the scale because the scale is in the living room and I am trying to leave for work early and don't want to come down, weigh, go back up and get dressed) is that I am not restricting what I eat in terms of what I have had, I am just making sure to eat a reasonable amount of whatever it is. So really you can credit my weight loss success to cupcakes (which are one of the things I eat fairly often - although those last ones made me sad). I think an alcohol cleanse could be fun but would be harder for me because honestly while I like the taste I just am either 1) too lazy to make anything or 2) really just forget to have a drink. Also it makes me super sleepy and I usually go from ok to asleep or sick with no fun middle part.

I think this whole thing was great and I am glad so many people seem to have though so too - I hope we have another one very soon!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I won't know my weight loss until Monday since that's usually my weigh-in day to see how I am doing in maintenance.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I'm glad everyone had so much fun and success with the cleanse! You know the first thing we always ask in the forums is "are you going to do that forever, why make a temporary change?"

I think we can all agree that this cleanse is truly a lifestyle change.... So even though we may not be doing the daily reporting of every sweet that is consumed, I hope the newcomers to the group will continue to post and share any amazing finds you come across!

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I'm glad everyone had so much fun and success with the cleanse! You know the first thing we always ask in the forums is "are you going to do that forever, why make a temporary change?"

I think we can all agree that this cleanse is truly a lifestyle change.... So even though we may not be doing the daily reporting of every sweet that is consumed, I hope the newcomers to the group will continue to post and share any amazing finds you come across!

I was so sad last night that I had a ton of calories left over so I could have two servings of Talenti Salted Caramel. The boyfriend got to it, so I finished off the container and ended up with only 1.57 servings. I ended up supplementing with a beer.

While I say I'd be all for a beer cleans, I lift at 5am before eating, and it's rough after a beer (or 3). My squat session was crap this morning; not sure if it was just an off day (it's deload week, but everything still felt like A LOT) or if the beer affected things. I really usually only drink one night a week, and the next day is cardio only (and in the afternoon so I can sleep in an extra hour).
  • Francl27
    Options

I had some Talenti then I tried a new Lindt today (it's going to be a square a day until my stash is gone, probably by Christmas or something in time to stock up during Black Friday, lol!).

hello-crunchy-nougat-100g-lindt-1578909153.jpg

Really good. Sorry to say I think I still like chocolate over ice cream. Maybe we should make a chocolate thread.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I kind of disappeared from this thread. My dad's health suddenly took a turn for the worse and he passed away on the 9th :cry: I'm doing okay, just didn't have much energy for chatting on line.

But I did eat something sweet and yummy each day. Probably too much. I enjoyed the cleanse (and wouldn't mind another before long), but I really need to get serious about IIFYM meaning If It Fits Your Macros rather than Fits Your Mouth :tongue:
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Other news ... I weighed approximately the same today as at the beginning of the cleanse, so at least I haven't gained a bunch.

I'm not an alcohol drinker, either, so a booze cleanse would be a no-go for me. Though, that shouldn't keep those who want to from holding one.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    mathjulz wrote: »
    I kind of disappeared from this thread. My dad's health suddenly took a turn for the worse and he passed away on the 9th :cry: I'm doing okay, just didn't have much energy for chatting on line.

But I did eat something sweet and yummy each day. Probably too much. I enjoyed the cleanse (and wouldn't mind another before long), but I really need to get serious about IIFYM meaning If It Fits Your Macros rather than Fits Your Mouth :tongue:

So sorry to hear about your dad. I'm glad you're okay but that's never easy.
  • Francl27
    Options

So sorry for your loss :(
  • WinoGelato
    Options

Yeah sorry about your dad. That just plain sucks.

• Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Sorry for your loss, mathjulz.

Have we started the booze cleanse? 'Cause I've had a number of these Valtellina Shandies this afternoon after a cousin's first communion (Catholic rite; and not technically a cousin - I think a second cousin once removed, junior). My uncle (not technically an uncle - I think a first cousin once removed, senior) brought this recipe and had a pitcher of the mixer, less beer, ready for the keg and for all comers).

p8aohlocl5p0.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    @

Have we started the booze cleanse? 'Cause I've had a number of these Valtellina Shandies this afternoon after a cousin's first communion (Catholic rite; and not technically a cousin - I think a second cousin once removed, junior). My uncle (not technically an uncle - I think a first cousin once removed, senior) brought this recipe and had a pitcher of the mixer, less beer, ready for the keg and for all comers).

p8aohlocl5p0.jpg

I will pass the cleanse torch to you Cortelli and let you determine the right time to start the booze cleanse... You may have to solicit some participants from the general forums though... Might be tricky if you start a booze group. Could quickly get out of control!
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @

p8aohlocl5p0.jpg

I will pass the cleanse torch to you Cortelli and let you determine the right time to start the booze cleanse... You may have to solicit some participants from the general forums though... Might be tricky if you start a booze group. Could quickly get out of control!

I will hold off on a booze cleanse for now. Partly because I'm not sure it fits in this group; partly because I'm not sure it fits many folks' macros or training goals; and partly because I just settled into Playa del Carmen, Mexico just south of Cancun for a quick family spring break trip. My kids are (hopefully) going to become certified SCUBA divers).

I'm mostly off MFP for a week in favor of seafood, beer, tequila, and , diving. Not necessarily in that order.