LOSING WEIGHT - What's changed so far? What have you noticed? Celebrate the milestones :)

Options

Replies

• leecha2014
    leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    faeriesue1 wrote: »
    I get cold now way more than I used to...wait...that's not a good thing!
    My face isn't all chins anymore.
    I don't decline invitations to go out as I have more confidence in myself.
    I will let my partner see me naked.
    I have ankles.
    I have knees.
    I have a collar bone.
    I have a spine.
    When I lay down my belly is flat (not so flat standing up but it's getting there).

I. Love. This.

I too have noticed my confidence level going up and I'm doing more, we are living our life!

The list will go on.....
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    leecha2014 wrote: »
    jenjim2021 wrote: »
    I've lost 26 lbs. It's taken a year. I'm slow. LOL I had not noticed much change but I recently tried on some old jeans and they fit great! I didn't realize how baggy my current jeans were until I compared the two. Tshirts are getting looser too. Looking forward to even more changes soon!

Congrats on your weight loss! 26 lbs is awesome! Do you realize that most people now just gain weight every year and cannot even get started on a weight loss program?! Billions are spent on losing weight. Be very proud.

Exactly. We all need to remember that. We are doing great!!

My son in law said last week my face is smaller and today my neighbor said "looking great!!" Yay!
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    zacksnana wrote: »
    Zack, mind sharing?? I'd love too, your the first that has asked me to share and that is another nsv...
    I follow mfp to a tee with 1240 calories...seems low but keeps me satisfied....wonder how much I ate before,lol. I'm 5'7 and 186 now..yay
    Awesome!! You are doing sooooo well!!

I'm 5'6 and 183ish on my scales. I need to stick to the 1200 range too. Even with working out if I go to the 1500 to 1600 i maintain. Or gain.

This terrifies me. I am 5'8 and 212 currently. I have a tough time eating below 1600-1700 without being downright angry. I seriously cannot wrap my head around only 1200 calories. Holy willpower! Are you finding you have enough energy for workouts? Are you worried about losing muscle and lowering your metabolism? ...
  • loram11
    loram11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I try to stay around 1300 calories, but mainly count my fat grams. Try to stay at 42/day. That helps me more than the counting calories.
  • zacksnana
    edited March 2015
    Options
    HopeToRun wrote: »
    Zack, mind sharing?? I'd love too, your the first that has asked me to share and that is another nsv...
    I follow mfp to a tee with 1240 calories...seems low but keeps me satisfied....wonder how much I ate before,lol. I'm 5'7 and 186 now..yay
    Awesome!! You are doing sooooo well!!

I'm 5'6 and 183ish on my scales. I need to stick to the 1200 range too. Even with working out if I go to the 1500 to 1600 i maintain. Or gain.

This terrifies me. I am 5'8 and 212 currently. I have a tough time eating below 1600-1700 without being downright angry. I seriously cannot wrap my head around only 1200 calories. Holy willpower! Are you finding you have enough energy for workouts? Are you worried about losing muscle and lowering your metabolism? ...

I'm 59 years old so I think that makes a big difference in metabolism. So don't worry I'm sure you are doing well on higher calories. I work out with weights so not worried about muscle. I have tons of energy so I am not worried about that.

My plan is to get to goal then very gradually see where I can maintain. The more calories the better!!!! But that's down the road. And don't worry you asked a very valid question so I am not a bit offended. :)
  • RunRachelleRun
    Options
    I'm 59 years old so I think that makes a big difference in metabolism. So don't worry I'm sure you are doing well on higher calories. I work out with weights so not worried about muscle. I have tons of energy so I am not worried about that.

My plan is to get to goal then very gradually see where I can maintain. The more calories the better!!!! But that's down the road. And don't worry you asked a very valid question so I am not a bit offended. :)

I didn't even think about the possibility of offending you, so I'm glad I didn't :blush:. I am genuinely curious about how you feel on those calories. I would like to drop my calories more to speed up the process, but the kinesiologist I hired when I started this journey scared me into dropping below my BMR (which was tested at 1640 at that time). He told me he wanted me to lose less than a pound a week to maintain and build lean muscle so I should eat my BMR plus my exercise calories. I averaged half a pound the weeks I did that so I have dropped my calories below his recommendation as that pace was discouraging.

I know I have a large appetite and I'm pretty sure I'm used to eating a lot of calories (possibly 2700+) because when I trained for my first half marathon I didn't lose a single pound. And when I caught my heart virus last year and my activity stopped, I gained 30 pounds in a few weeks. It took me a bit to realize I had to curb my eating or I would have just kept gaining - duh! What is your strategy? Do you have tend to have snacks rather than meals or meals, no snacks etc.?
  • zacksnana
    edited March 2015
    Options

I didn't even think about the possibility of offending you, so I'm glad I didn't :blush:. I am genuinely curious about how you feel on those calories. I would like to drop my calories more to speed up the process, but the kinesiologist I hired when I started this journey scared me into dropping below my BMR (which was tested at 1640 at that time). He told me he wanted me to lose less than a pound a week to maintain and build lean muscle so I should eat my BMR plus my exercise calories. I averaged half a pound the weeks I did that so I have dropped my calories below his recommendation as that pace was discouraging.

I know I have a large appetite and I'm pretty sure I'm used to eating a lot of calories (possibly 2700+) because when I trained for my first half marathon I didn't lose a single pound. And when I caught my heart virus last year and my activity stopped, I gained 30 pounds in a few weeks. It took me a bit to realize I had to curb my eating or I would have just kept gaining - duh! What is your strategy? Do you have tend to have snacks rather than meals or meals, no snacks etc.?

You can check out my diary any time.

I don't eat first thing In the morning because I learned it seems to make me starving then I eat all my calories by noon. But sometimes I have coffee and a protein bar. I eat a "brunch" type meal. Maybe eggs and 45 calorie bread and turkey bacon. Or 2 slices 45 cal bread, toasted. On it i put one can of tuna mixed with pickles and low cal mayo and a little cheese. Open faced. Then microwave to melt the cheese. I eat protein bars daily as a snack and usually have chicken for dinner. It just requires VERY MUCH that I be disciplined. And I drink a lot of water. I like turkey BLT as well. I just work on finding meals that are less than 400 cals.
  • zacksnana
    Options
    zruhfiv7mx84.jpg

Sample: under 300 cals. Salisbury steak, potatoes, gravy, green beans and toast with a little butter. That's lunch today.
  • RunRachelleRun
    Options
    @zacksnana Thanks for the examples! Your lunch looks really good today. I like your diary set-up but since you don't have it broken down into meals I wasn't sure what went together throughout the day. That's interesting about breakfast. I often find that I am starving by mid-morning after I eat early on weekdays, but on the weekends when I first eat closer to noon after sleeping in and working out I don't feel as hungry. I will experiment with that.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I log everything on MFP. i have lost 25 lbs since November but it became much easier when I started using MFP on 9th January

My face looks much thinner; trousers that I had to squeeze into are now very loose;
    I have much more energy;
    I can wear rings that had been too tight before November 2014;
    I find that I can't eat as much as I used to because my stomach has shrunk;
    Today I was trying on clothes two sizes smaller than before.
    Hooray!!!!

• leecha2014
    Options
    Today, I saw calf muscle :)
  • RunRachelleRun
    Options
    I log everything on MFP. i have lost 25 lbs since November but it became much easier when I started using MFP on 9th January

My face looks much thinner; trousers that I had to squeeze into are now very loose;
    I have much more energy;
    I can wear rings that had been too tight before November 2014;
    I find that I can't eat as much as I used to because my stomach has shrunk;
    Today I was trying on clothes two sizes smaller than before.
    Hooray!!!!

Congratulations on your success. That must feel wonderful. Hooray is right!
  • RunRachelleRun
    Options

Awesome - shapely legs are a real confidence boost!
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Something that has changed is my undie size. Yesterday at work the started slipping down, and by the time I got to my destination they were as far down as they could possible go! Thank goodness I was wearing pants!
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I tried on some jeans I've had for 16 years yesterday, I've never worn them as they've always been too tight (stupid designer sizing) and I got them on. Ok, I wont be wearing them out as I had to lay on the bed to do them up and I couldn't breathe, plus they gave me the BIGGEST muffin top - BUT I GOT THEM ON! Yipppeeeee
  • katrinacoric
    katrinacoric Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm down about 42 pounds now. When I started, all of my clothes were super tight. I only had two pairs of jeans that fit. Now those jeans literally fall off my butt. I now fit a pair of jeans I haven't fit into in 5 years. One more size down and I won't have any clothes that fit. :D
  • leecha2014
    Options
    Ladies I can relate, I have undies and jeans in all sizes and I'm kind of glad that I'm a clothes hoarder because now that I'm on my way back down, my wardrobe is increasing. Tonight I tried on a pair of new jeans I bought too small and they fit, I cried.
  • zacksnana
    Options
    I BOUGHT A REALLY CUTE JOGGING SHIRT TODAY. IT WAS A MEDIUM!!!!

I haven't bought anything other than XL in years!!!!!
  • leecha2014
    Options
    I BOUGHT A REALLY CUTE JOGGING SHIRT TODAY. IT WAS A MEDIUM!!!!

I haven't bought anything other than XL in years!!!!!

Joy!!!! Congrats, what a great feeling!!!
  • leecha2014
    Options

Awesome - shapely legs are a real confidence boost!

Thank you, I'm telling you I wasn't born with nice shapely legs so this was huge for me.