Weekly Post 15/03 - 21/03/15

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
A very busy week behind me. Lots going on at work, the funeral of a good friend's mom on my dad's birthday (he died long ago) and now the whole weekend at a seminar. Two more busy work weeks ahead of me.

But emotionally, I had a much better week than the last one and just got back from Day 1 of the seminar. Solving some issues I still have / had and that were causing this widdle weeble to wobble a bit :p

My weight is still in maintainance mode, but at least it is in maintainance mode...As long as I am between 57-58kg after my second fast, I'm pleased. Those last 2-3kg are a bit clingy, but if I truely solved my issues today, I'm pretty sure, they will now be able to go. It'll just take some time.

Have a good week!!

Replies

• karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Today is my daughter`s birthday. We celebrated it last night (went out to dinner) and had her birthday party today.
    I've been so busy today, I keep forgetting to eat. It's 3cm here so I'm thinking of making today and fast day as well. That'll make three for the week!
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I only got one fast in last week so I'm going to fast today.
    Happy fasting to those who are fasting today...........
  • cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    3 fasts last week and exercise 6/7, heres hoping this week goes as well!
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Last week I thought I was doing so well...Breakdown...
    Sunday Bit over TDEE
    Monday fast day success
    Tuesday and Wednesday Bit over TDEE
    Thursday and Friday Both attempted fast days, but both ended at around 1200 calories.

There has been no loss this week, but what I discovered is that the days I attempted to fast were a good recipe for reaching my TDEE. Skipping breakfast and having tea those days helped me to bring myself closer to TDEE than ever before.

The numbers...my estimated daily TDEE 1770
    Calories saved by 2 fast days equals (1770 - 500) 1270 X 2 = 2540
    3500 (the estimated calories to loose 1 pound)
    Therefore to loose 1 pound a week I should reduce the other 5 days by 200 calories bringing my daily TDEE to 1570 (or less if I want to loose more than a pound a week)
    My weekly calorie goal should be around 8850 (which brings daily average as 1264)

Last week I was at 12045 for the week which is daily average as 1720.

Doing the math really brings everything in perspective for me...I must maintain my TDEE and I will change my MFP daily allowance to 1570 calories. Now the goal is to reach and not go over my weekly calorie allowance (8850), fast or no fast, but of course much easier with fasts.
  • lulu1066
    lulu1066 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    All sounding very positive gals. Enjoy what is left of your weekend!
  • catchyb
    catchyb Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I had a great weekend, saw lots of people I haven't seen for a while and ate loads of cake :D ! Though I haven't lost a lot of weight, people commented on how much better I looked, slimmer, less tired, more energy... All things good to hear, to boost my confidence and keep me going:)
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    Back at work today which means a back to back fast yesterday and today. I'm too busy to get hungry. But we'll see how it goes this arvo after work
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    Hmmmm work plus gym on a fast day may have not been the best idea. I'm bloody starving... I keep fantasising about food
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! pretty good weekend here. Did a lot packing since we are moving next weekend. I also cooked a WHOLE bunch of food for the week. I practically cooked all day yesterday. Today is my first fast day, and I'm looking forward to it. I love these days to get all caught up on water intake, although, I did do pretty good yesterday.
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Hi All! First fast day of the week here - just black coffee and fruit/herb tea so far, plus a 1hr Pilates session. Maybe some gardening later. Looking forward to Hairy Dieters' Chicken Tikka Masala and brown rice for dinner. Keep at it Karen, and all other Monday fasters!
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    First FD of the week for me today too. Been good so far (BF: pear, L: soup, D; planning soup again) but I've just hit that afternoon dip and feeling hungry and bored :neutral_face: Off to make my umpteenth cup of green tea and try to focus on getting some work done...
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Fast day for me too...and it dinner time!!! So far has been a success, just got to make it til bedtime! Also, today I used the app on my phone...runtastic...and successfully linked it to MFP...way fun. I put it on when I was on the school runs and at the store...walked .54 miles and burned an estimated 209 calories :D
  • Jules190179
    Jules190179 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Fast Day for me too. Cottage pie and veg for tea. Can't wait. Gone a little bit overboard recently by overeating at the weekend, and drinking wine in the week, but still losing 1lb most weeks.
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Todays a fast day for me also.
    Cube steak in sauce and a salad for me tonight.
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    FD #1. Glad to have so much company today. You 5:2 Fasters make the journey fun and interesting.

Sooo tired. It has been hot here and I didn't sleep well last night. Just putting one foot in front of the other today. Will be cooling off by tomorrow thankfully!
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Fast successfully completed and kitchen now closed until tomorrow.
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Fast successfully completed and kitchen now closed until tomorrow.

:relieved:
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Mine too BadgerLamb ;) It's 21h and I will be off to bed soon, me thinks!
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    Well done all the Monday fasters!!!!! I'm super proud to say that I didn't cave and ended the day at 440 calories!! That's my first ever back to back fast and today I woke up feeling awesome! A bit stiff from the gym lol but great nonetheless. Teacup eggs for breakfast today. I'm trying to stay away from my beloved weetbix and boost my protein intake at the same time. Have a fabulous day/night /arvo/evening etc
  • cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Ugh carb overload!! Looking forward to tomorrow fast!