Weekly Post 15/03 - 21/03/15

Options

Replies

• forevertoday
    forevertoday Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    FD Today, I missed my last once and only did 1 last week.
    I am quite excited about these days, just gives me a sense of strength :)
    Good luck to all
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Welcome @luvdogz! I had to switch my fast day from Monday to Tuesday this week. I'm already down a pound according to the scale today. I still have tomorrow's fast to complete before my weigh-in on Friday. I'm encouraged!
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Glad you could join us @luvdogz! You are always welcome to post in any thread or create your own thread.
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Fast day #2 today, so I will plan on being busy. The main trouble is I need to do a load of baking today. There may be trouble ahead. But I am out on the bike onSaturday, so that will burn some of the excess.
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Welcome @luvdogz! :) FD#2 under my belt and have just caused my porridge to explode all over the microwave at work :| How many exercise calories in running around trying to find a cloth to clean it all up?? ;)
  • catchyb
    catchyb Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    @jknight001‌ , love it!!!
  • cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    2nd fast completed, and night shifts over, hmm what to have for dinner tonight?
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    FD #2 here. I am already hungry, so I'm battling that. It doesn't help that everyone in the office are eating bagels from NY! Smells so good!
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Second fast day today. Badly needed, as I definitely ate too much yesterday....lunch and dinner out, so even my estimated cals were through the roof.
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    Options
    Okay so my last meeting of the day has been cancelled and no-one else from my team is in so I'm gonna sneak away early for a change. Anyone know where I can pick up some eclipse glasses?
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    2nd fast for me too. Going alright except I logged 50g special K for lunch and the log I got from MFP was wrong (said 113, but it's really 188) so I have learned to always double check MFP. Will have to readjust dinner to even everything out. Keep strong every body :D
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Baking was good but I just had to try the new coconut flapjack. BIG MISTAKE. It just tasts so good.
  • jknight001
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Ready through the comments I just have to say how fun it is to hang out with you all! Thanks for sharing your lives with all of us.

@flumi_f‌ - my dream goal it to be able to go to a restaurant and be able to eat just what I need and not a bite more. But in the US, it is hard. Going to Costco today so I calculated lunch there, a slice of pizza and a Latte Freeze. It was almost 1000 cals! And they are not the only ones. Most US restaurants are not friendly to the calorie challenged. :angry:
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    @jknight001 - I don't eat out regularly, so if I eat too many cals on a given day, it's usually my 'own' fault :p But a salad with caramelized pecans and two spring rolls (larger and oilier than expected) for lunch in a street cafe in the sun......and pasta with three sauces and two desserts for dinner with my swim club....kept the portions for dinner smaller, but I felt too full at bed time. So I can relate to your wanting to only eat what you need and not what you want. I always want more than my body actually needs. Guess why I was overweight all of my life .... (except for the last 14months of it, YAY ME!!!)

Also too much sodium in those meals. Thus up over 1kg overnight. But my fast day today should take care of that. No real loss to be expected this week though. Ah well....

Off to bed soon. Have a great rest of your day!!
  • jknight001
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »

Off to bed soon. Have a great rest of your day!!

You too, @flumi_f.
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Just joined the group today. I've been on MFP for awhile now (on and off for 2+ years), but never tried fasting. Read more about the 5:2 diet recently and decided to give it a try. I started last Friday and today is my 3rd fast day ever.

I'm stationed in Japan right now, so I imagine I'm a bit ahead of everyone. I decided to have Tuesday/Friday as my fast days because I don't like what they serve on the ship those days, lol ;)

Lost internet for 5 days during the past week so my non-fast days ended up being more calorie heavy without being able to track, but I ended up with a 7 day total of -45 calories, so at least I wasn't over for the week - just not very under.

Looking forward to reading more posts and getting to know everyone :D
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Hi @ACSL3‌ welcome to the awesomeness that is 5:2
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    Options
    Welcome ACSL3 :) Your job sounds interesting..... ;)
  • jknight001
    Options
    Welcome @ACSL3‌. Glad to have you join us. If you have any questions, feel free to post.
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    jknight001 wrote: »
    Ready through the comments I just have to say how fun it is to hang out with you all! Thanks for sharing your lives with all of us.

@flumi_f‌ - my dream goal it to be able to go to a restaurant and be able to eat just what I need and not a bite more. But in the US, it is hard. Going to Costco today so I calculated lunch there, a slice of pizza and a Latte Freeze. It was almost 1000 cals! And they are not the only ones. Most US restaurants are not friendly to the calorie challenged. :angry:

You are so right @jknight001. Most restaurant entrees are large enough for two. The US really needs to work on REAL portion sizes.

On a lighter note, I'm down 1.6 lbs for this week!

Welcome newbie @ACSL3! You're gonna love this group!