How many little nagging injuries do you have?

Options
13»

Replies

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    I'm perpetually broken.
    I just graduated/got kicked out of PT on Wednesday in fact.
    I run anyway since the ortho dr said I wasn't making it better but I wasn't making it worse - that was in September so maybe I should pay him a visit again

I'd like to add to this.

I now have a broken fibula at my left ankle...

Wow! How did you accomplish this? I confess I was worried I fractured something but the x-rays came back clean. The doctor said you typically need blunt trauma to the lower leg to get a fracture.

Update: My shin is nearly back to normal and wasn't a factor this last weekend. 50 mpw for 3 - 4 weeks was the issue. It's great now and getting better with rest. Hurray!

I hit a pothole or the edge of the road on an early morning run and went down.
    I heard a pop. Limped the mile home. Tried to ice/elevate it myself, wasn't getting better so I brought myself to the hospital.
    Walking boot for 6 weeks. I can start run/walking again in July - I have permission to walk one of my June 5ks but my half, 15k, trail 5k, and Avon Walk for Breast Cancer are off the table (and probably my weekend excursion up Mt Katahdin lol)

Ouch! That's hardly a nagging issue. That's a flat out injury and you're done running for a bit type thing. Bummer.

Yeah I'm bummed, but I'll get back into running as soon as they let me. And I'm going to try to get to the recumbent bike here soon so I don't go nuts (shame I can't use the trainer in my living room, I'd rather that).

Just run a couple of miles for me, k? =]