breakfast ideas - tired of the same old eggs!

Options
tmdalton849
tmdalton849 Posts: 178 Member
don't get me wrong, i love eggs - boiled, deviled, scrambled, fried...

but sometimes i need a bit of variety!

today i had something different: slices of cold smoked coho salmon wrapped around creme fraiche and a few blueberries. it was sooooo good!

along with my bulletproof tea (roiboos chai with a tbs of spiced ghee), the macros were pretty much spot-on.

what's your favorite non-standard-eggs-and-bacon breakfast?

tiffany

Replies

• triciawebb78
    triciawebb78 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Sometimes i just eat leftovers from dinner the night before! Especially if I am tired of eggs.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    left over keto pizza. crust ala ruled.me
  • kmca1803
    kmca1803 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Fresh salmon fillet fried in butter with more butter and herbs, mayonnaise or cream cheese. It's no different to cooking bacon and eggs to me! A small piece keeps me full for a ridiculously long time....
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    just a handful of nuts the days I eat breakfast...
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    what about whipped cream cheese with raspberries and/or nuts?
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    BPC. :smiley:

Breakfast sausage.

Lox (smoked salmon) & cream cheese

I've also enjoyed the macadamia orange fishies from Practical Paleo for breakfast. It disturbed my husband (he's not a fish person), but it was tasty!
  • MariaMia816
    MariaMia816 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    CREAM CHEESE PANCAKES!!! These are my FAVORITE...made with eggs, cream cheese, 1 pk of stevia and cinnamon! :phttp://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012/01/cream-cheese-pancakes.html
  • ellieontrack
    Options
    CREAM CHEESE PANCAKES!!! These are my FAVORITE...made with eggs, cream cheese, 1 pk of stevia and cinnamon! :phttp://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012/01/cream-cheese-pancakes.html

I agree with the above!!! They're so good!! And easy to make :)

• ellieontrack
    Options

I agree with the above!!! They're so good!! And easy to make :)

• MariaMia816
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yes they are very easy to make!! I have them with Butter, SF syrup and bacon! So Delish! l19rrkixnozj.jpg
  • corinemarssdorf
    corinemarssdorf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When I made these, I actually felt sick to my stomach eating them (but forced it down anyway because I needed to eat). It was during my first Keto week, so who knows what was going on with my body (I'm on week 3 now). Will have to give them a try again when I get a chance :)
  • Liftin4food
    Liftin4food Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm tempted by the pancakes - has anyone tried them without the sweetener?? I'm guessing it would make them a bit more omelette like.

I'm thinking a savoury pancake with cheese and bacon.
  • mongoosealamode
    mongoosealamode Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I made them without sweetener the first time and made little egg and bacon tacos. pretty good
  • MizTenaciousT
    MizTenaciousT Posts: 69 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm gonna have to try the pancakes! Those sound delicious! I've been making my "keto tea," which is based off BPC, but using a black tea. So yummy. It keeps me going until lunch time.
  • MariaMia816
    Options
    I actually make them without the sweetener all the time.....and the bacon is on the side. They are a great alternative to regular pancakes....my kids eat them too. They remind me of a crepe if you have ever had one. DELISH!
  • tmdalton849
    tmdalton849 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    definitely gonna have to try some kind of ketp crepe soon! my kiddo misses our banana frittatas. saw some ricotta ones recently that looked yummy too!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ble
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options

I do this sometimes:
    2oz cream cheese
    1/3 c half n' half
    stevia to taste

Blend it up. Now you could add 2-3 pureed strawberries or an equivalent amount of other berry. Or even a wee bit of vanilla extract and keep it plain. I call this Pretend Yogurt. It is yummy and satiating. If you only have HWC, decrease the cream cheese by .5oz so it isn't too thick.
  • Carol335mfp
    Carol335mfp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    don't get me wrong, i love eggs - boiled, deviled, scrambled, fried...

but sometimes i need a bit of variety!

today i had something different: slices of cold smoked coho salmon wrapped around creme fraiche and a few blueberries. it was sooooo good!

along with my bulletproof tea (roiboos chai with a tbs of spiced ghee), the macros were pretty much spot-on.

what's your favorite non-standard-eggs-and-bacon breakfast?

tiffany

The bulletproof tea with roiboos chai & spiced ghee sounds devine, can't find those products in Sydney, Australia. But bulletproof coffee is gaining popularity.
  • MariaMia816
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

I do this sometimes:
    2oz cream cheese
    1/3 c half n' half
    stevia to taste

Blend it up. Now you could add 2-3 pureed strawberries or an equivalent amount of other berry. Or even a wee bit of vanilla extract and keep it plain. I call this Pretend Yogurt. It is yummy and satiating. If you only have HWC, decrease the cream cheese by .5oz so it isn't too thick.

That sounds so good...I'm going try this week!!