6/7/13 Announcement and Challenge!!

tiffypooh2u
tiffypooh2u Posts: 299 Member
Alright ladies and gents! Today is weigh in Day for WEEK 1! I hope you guys did better than me!!! I gained 2.2 pounds! WOW---- totally going in the wrong direction! Time to get back into the groove here... I know what I did wrong.... EVERYTHING I haven't exercised and I haven't eaten good all week and haven't drank my water! -OK RANT OVER-

I want everyone to try this- This may just help us make sure we are logging and keep us a little more on schedule.

Open your diary to everyone!... make it public!!!!!!

Every day, I want you to look at the person's diary that is listed above you on the spreadsheet from the day before. I want you to give them one thing that they could have improved on and one thing that you see that they have done good on.

Since the first person on the list doesnt have anyone above them, I will take this person and the person above me- 2 people total for me.

For example:

I will look at _kitty's diary and will comment on it. One good thing, and one thing that she needs to improve on.

***** To do this- everyone needs to make their diary private, and everyone needs to make sure their MFP user name is spelled correctly on the spreadsheet. *******

Of course, if there are technical difficulties (or if someone is not opening their diaries, this won't work- so you could always pick someone else on the list that seems like they could use some help). I sure hope this works.

Replies

• AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Ok - made my diary public :) This is a good challenge, b/c in the past when I have been successful on this site, I tracked EVERYTHING - food, exercise, you name it.

Haven't tracked in a long time (I've lost the last 2 weeks, so I'm doing something right - but this will probably get me even better results :))
  • Kirsten2304
    Kirsten2304 Posts: 27 Member
    I'm not sure whether that would make sense for my food diary since everything is in German... ;-)
  • I'm not sure whether that would make sense for my food diary since everything is in German... ;-)

Google translate works wonders!!!! :)
  • bgudwien
    bgudwien Posts: 26 Member
    Mine is now set to public.
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    I LOVE this group!!!! You guys keep me so motivated! I can't believe the results. I was expecting a gain for sure since I had fallen off the wagon and ate out every single day for a week. I found this group and pulled it together again and WOW! THANKS!!!!!!! :) Lost 3lbs!
  • Kirsten2304
    Kirsten2304 Posts: 27 Member
    I'm not sure whether that would make sense for my food diary since everything is in German... ;-)

Google translate works wonders!!!! :)

Okay! It's public! :)
  • heytherelameman
    heytherelameman Posts: 76 Member
    I am scared to do this... but I think I will give it a try.

I already know what I need to improve on this week... more protein. :) I also gave up pop (including my major vice, diet dew) yesterday.
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Every day, I want you to look at the person's diary that is listed above you on the spreadsheet from the day before. I want you to give them one thing that they could have improved on and one thing that you see that they have done good on.

If we are going by the spreadsheet, wouldn't we be commenting on the same person ever day as it seems to be alphabetical order?
  • cton13
    cton13 Posts: 16 Member
    Oh my this is scary..... but hey in order to get some where different you have to do something different.... so my diary is now public...... gulp:embarassed:
  • anjani_009
    anjani_009 Posts: 511 Member
    that is a scary challenge, now I will have to watch what I eat =p
  • that is a scary challenge, now I will have to watch what I eat =p

:) So we can watch too!!
  • Kpablo
    Kpablo Posts: 355 Member
    Ok!!! Mine is public!

@Crystal_Meder don't let me down with your critiques :embarassed:
  • got2befitnow
    got2befitnow Posts: 108 Member
    EEEK! Okay, done. Be gentle.
  • larlo74
    larlo74 Posts: 45 Member
    I believe mine is now public. I"m going to look at this like an employment review. Point out the areas that I have an opportunity to attack.
  • mlerand62
    mlerand62 Posts: 85 Member
    Challenge accepted. Making my diary public is probably one of the scariest things I have done. However, it will make me more accountable. That must be why we pay you the big bucks to be our fearless leader. LOL
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Oh Lordy Lordy, my diary is now public. I guess it will make me think twice before I pig out.

The person above me is diddyk. We are now friends.
  • plumpncurvy
    plumpncurvy Posts: 68 Member
    Mine is public :smile: the persons above me is not :frown: I will try again later as I am assuming this will change. To the person below me...as for last dinner last night...I can explain :ohwell: please look at the the whole week and give me input...I know last night sucked :laugh:
  • mblach
    mblach Posts: 10 Member
    Ugh, this is scary! I made mine public as well.
  • Jessifer83
    Jessifer83 Posts: 17 Member
    My diary is now public too! I've been logging everything...good or bad...to keep me on track. This is kinda scary!

Just for clarification...where do we put our comments? Directly on the spreadsheet or somewhere else?
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    I completely missed the part about joining the group for this! I thought the challenges would be updated on the spreadsheet! :sick: Oops! Will start checking in here now! lol And my diary has always been public... I know I need more protein! It's just so hard without yucky shakes and protein bars!