Question about nuts

Options
13»

Replies

• AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    I try and eat nuts or beans at least a few times a week for the nutrition. If I liked seeds I'd eat those too. They're a good source of the minerals that most people get from grains. Low carb as a short term weight loss diet I don't think it really matters but for the long term if you don't eat offal (and I don't) I think it's important. My carb limit is a little more generous than some though so it's probably easier for me to make room for carbs other than green vegetables.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    28 Kirkor

My seeds show 3 net (5-2) for that serving size.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    shai74 wrote: »
    People who say "nuts are a good low carb snack" are not wrong, if you eat a serve, which is about 8 or 9 nuts (1 oz). Who does that? I avoid them altogether. A small handful of nuts can have 5+ carbs, and oh so many calories. Not worth it.

I do that.... I weigh out 30 grams and eat them.... A satisfying snack.

Especially when paired with cheese or another balanced snack to double the satisfied whammy effect.

Knit,

I wonder if I used Cream Cheese to dip my almonds in ~ would taste good? hmmmmm...I'll have to try that.... and maybe dip some pecans.....

I hope this helps,

Dan the Man from Michigan
    23 Studies on LCHF vs LFHC

P.S. If anyone wants my (9) food group Excel spreadsheet, just message me with your e-mail address.

I'm sure I'm a bit late to the party answer, Dan, but I would season the cream cheese (taco seasoning sounds fab at the moment - or ranch!!) then use as a dip, though I prefer hard cheese. I don't like my nuts in things, so chopping or crushing them doesn't work for me.