Today's WOD

Options

Replies

• bethlivi
    bethlivi Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Allan: we did something like that a few weeks back, but with burpee pullups (10), but the same PC weights. Brutal is right. Ouch.
  • bethlivi
    Options
    Today was a cool day, I think--after rope climb and handstand walk technique work, we did a 30 minute max effort prioritization day. So, you had 30 minutes to complete--max effort nose-to-wall handstand hold (nothing but toes on the wall); 2 minutes of max effort rope climbs; 90 seconds max effort GHD situps, and 90 seconds max airdyne bike. Oh my jeezus. I got 4 rope climbs in the 2 minutes, then rested and did the handstand hold: 1:09. Then rested and did 35 GHD situps in 90 seconds. Then I was hella dizzy (silly allergies) and STILL had to do the airdyne monstrosity. That was hell. I mean, I fell out after than for like 30 minutes in the gym on the floor haha. only 23 cals too. It was my first time on it, and I hope it's my last. lol
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    bethlivi wrote: »
    Allan: we did something like that a few weeks back, but with burpee pullups (10), but the same PC weights. Brutal is right. Ouch.

Today is going to be worse...

• mccraee
    mccraee Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    This morning

Skill: bulgarian deadlift & ring dips

WOD for time
    1000 m row
    30 cleans
    50 wallballs

I love that it is light at 5:00 a.m. - makes getting up a bit easier!
  • bethlivi
    Options
    Mary today. With an 800m sprint cash in. 0-10 min run. At 10min mark start 20 min of Mary (5hspu, 10 pistols, 15 pull-ups).

I didn't exactly sprint it...4 minutes. Then I did Rx: 5+28. Hands tore in 4th round, which sucked, but otherwise not bad.
  • tonyalynn26
    tonyalynn26 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Cone Drills x10

Clean and Thrusters 5x3 working up in weight, got to 105lbs

Back Squats 3x3, 165lbs across
  • makennedy18
    makennedy18 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    mccraee wrote: »
    This morning

Skill: bulgarian deadlift & ring dips

WOD for time
    1000 m row
    30 cleans
    50 wallballs

I love that it is light at 5:00 a.m. - makes getting up a bit easier!

I was thinking the same thing this morning! It's not so bad when there's a hint of sun, then I looked at the board and sure enough we were doing Barbara. I hadn't met her before today, but geez that was tough. I was just happy to finish in within the time cap!
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a partner WOD:
    WOD: 12 min AMRAP Partner See-saw, 3 parts: person A perform reps while person B rests and switch. Each part is 4 min.
    Part A-Power Cleans: 1,2,3 (65/95/135)
    Part B-Front Squats: 1,2,3
    Part C-Deadlifts: 1,2,3

Each AMRAP started with person A doing one rep then person B doing one rep. Then 2 and 2 then 3 and 3 and so on. I did the whole thing RX, my partner started RX but had to move down. We got to the round of 8s in part A, the round of 7s in part B, and the round of 9s in part C. The power cleans got pretty tiring for me as I was doing touch and go and then the front squats were BRUTAL.
  • bethlivi
    Options
    Ooh I like that partner WOD!!
  • mccraee
    Options
    Yesterday was:
    2 AMRAP
    run 300 meters
    pullups
    rest 2 minutes, repeat for 4 rounds.

I had the day off and took a nice bike ride. Today I am much sore and my workout is going to be planting a pumpkin patch and stretching.
  • mccraee
    Options
    This morning was fun:

skill rope climb

WOD
    emom
    2 cleans (increasing weights)
    3 burpees

score is total weight 1482! I started light and was doing my max the last 4 rounds.
  • bethlivi
    Options
    I like that EMOM, mccraee.

I'm taking a rest day today, but yesterday's WOD was cool:

B) Strength:
    Back squat
    5x3 adding no more than 10# from last week

C) WOD
    8 rounds for time (partner 1 works while partner 2 rests)
    4 cleans (95/135)
    1 rope climb
    4 thrusters (95/135)
    1 rope climb
    4 jerks (95/135)
    1 rope climb
    4 lunge steps (2 per leg) (95/135)

I did 75#. Me and my partners finished in 20:21. We had a team of 3. They both did 55# and one of them did 1/2 rope climbs. My shin is so bruised, even though I wore two pairs of long socks and a rockguard shinguard.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    This morning's WOD - The crippler
    30 x back squats & run (subbed the run for rows because my legs were toast)
    Loved this because I love the whole clean, OHP and then back squat movement.
    Also didn't go too heavy and allowed me to really check my form.
  • mccraee
    Options
    this morning:

skill: shoulder press

WOD: for time
    30 shoulder to overhead (27.5 kg for me)
    800m run
    30 wallball

no wod tomorrow so our coach can have a day off.
  • bethlivi
    Options
    We 800m ran today too!

2x800m runs: 1:1 rest (max effort)

Then we did the regionals event 6: 25 cal row, 16 pullups, 9 strict deficit HSPU: 5 rounds.

I scaled the HSPU to kipping HSPU with no deficit and finished 2+32 in 16 minutes. My hands are still smoked from doing Mary on Friday and I was doing butterfly singles on the pullups during the first set because my hands are still healing from a couple of tears. But felt good!

Our one coach/owner is heading to East regionals next week. Keep an eye out, you can't miss him. About 6'1, 215lbs, huge red beard. ;-) lol
  • AllanMisner
    Options
    The box I dropped into this week has this sadistic way of doing strength work and then incorporating the same muscle set in the WOD (fun, fun).

Strength/Skill:
    Max Bear Complex

WOD 15 minute EMOM
    - 2 Bear complexes (135 RX, I did scaled at 95)
    - Run 200 Meters
    - Row 10 calories

The two bear complexes took me about 20 seconds, the runs took the full minute, and the Row took me about 30 seconds, so there was very little rest for me on this.
  • AllanMisner
    Options
    The box I dropped into this week has this sadistic way of doing strength work and then incorporating the same muscle set in the WOD (fun, fun).

Strength/Skill:
    Max Bear Complex

WOD 15 minute EMOM
    - 2 Bear complexes (135 RX, I did scaled at 95)
    - Run 200 Meters
    - Row 10 calories

The two bear complexes took me about 20 seconds, the runs took the full minute, and the Row took me about 30 seconds, so there was very little rest for me on this.
  • bethlivi
    Options
    Eek. I mean, REALLY eek. I can do 25 calories every 2 minutes....and the run would take me a minute...so this would be 15 minutes of hell. YUK.

....let's do it. ;-)
  • paultassy
    paultassy Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Today's WOD has me scared. Mostly because my coach put on face book that he needed to go have his hips adjusted after today's WOD because they were killing him. (I don't know why it says "5-11-15"
    l4fag27kghj2.jpg

• AllanMisner
    Options
    There’d be absolutely no reason for me to show up for that.