Exercise and hypothyroidism confusion

Options
13»

Replies

• Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Any ideas for weight workouts that would work without weights? I live in the middle of nowhere and do not have access to a gym until I can move to the city

you can lift using water bottles or pop bottles, that gives you an option of 500g to 2kg (going on UK bottle sizes) very easy to hold. another option is to invest in a resistance band which would give similar results.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Op start gentle and build up exercise that will give you an idea off where your 'breaking point' is so you can go back to your doc to get your meds increased.

I generally walk a lot, do yoga and I'm doing my research to start a heavy lifting programme. I used to swim too but can't fit it around my job anymore with pool opening times for lane swimming which is a real shame because I love swimming!
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Any ideas for weight workouts that would work without weights? I live in the middle of nowhere and do not have access to a gym until I can move to the city

you can lift using water bottles or pop bottles, that gives you an option of 500g to 2kg (going on UK bottle sizes) very easy to hold. another option is to invest in a resistance band which would give similar results.

Not sure if someone has suggested this yet, but if you don't have any weights, look into bodyweight workouts -- things made up of squats, pushups, pullups, planks, etc. Check out "prison" type workouts:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/prison-workout-the-jailhouse-strong-routine.html