Leslie Sansone April 2015 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
edited April 2015 in Social Groups
WELCOME to all walkers!
No fooling... it is April! And time to start a new monthly challenge! Surely spring is finally here, but with the warmer weather comes the rains for many of us. You know.... April showers bringing May flowers :flowerforyou: .

Having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors during those rainy days. Because of the warmer weather walking or hiking outdoors will be a pleasant alternative to the DVDs for those who enjoy getting their miles or minutes outdoors. Especially after the long winter we just had.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs. All of these many options count toward our miles and minutes. However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! Post your miles or minutes that you have walked, however you did it... it is all good!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that this joining this challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. This is your own personal goal :star: . Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you like.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
So if you are new to the group please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in

Tie up those walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking :smile: !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know :laugh: . So please share if you would care to :p . (pretty please ;) )

Come on in and let us start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I am truly grateful for each one of our precious walkers who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month.

And now... let us lace up those walking shoes and get our water... and we will begin to walk into April, 2015!

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• MsShawnieJ
    MsShawnieJ Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    My goal for April is to walk 50 miles. I will be using the WATP collection. Today I walked 4 miles. I'm looking forward to exceeding the goal! Good luck to all and happy walking!☺
  • lreutner
    lreutner Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My goal for April is 55 miles. I'm looking forward to more outdoor walking this month. Gotta soak up that vitamin D.
  • drbcru
    drbcru Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm going for 10,000 steps a day. Been sick and fell off the wagon but back on track w/the help of the 3 mile Express tape
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    3.5/75 I over did it last month and my legs, feet and knees hurt. I am going to cut back some and go for 75 miles.Happy April Fools Day!

Leslie challenged us all to a 3 Mile walk today in celebrating of The American Heart Association. I completed 3.5 miles this morning.
  • Ribbittee
    Ribbittee Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Setting a goal of 50 miles for April.
    I've been fighting a sinus infection for the last week, and it feels like it's winning. I'm hoping some cardio/walking can help me kick this sluggish, congested feeling to the curb.
  • 40andFindingFitness
    40andFindingFitness Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'm going to set a goal of 65 miles this month. I'm taking a week off for vacation and I may not move at all that week. I plan to float around and stare at nothing the whole time.
  • mikidee
    mikidee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi there - new to the group but not to Leslie. I've been logging @95 to 110 "Leslie Miles"/month since September and want to step it up to about 120. I sit on my sass almost all day, and the best way for me to reach 10,000 steps/day is to throw in a dvd - one in the a.m. and one in the p.m. I've lost @45 pounds so far - a little more than 30 to go. So I guess my goals look like this: 4 miles/10,000 steps a day;120 miles for the month.
  • texasgardnr
    edited April 2015
    Options
    No fooling! You all are rocking the first day of April.

I'm so happy to see new faces as well as our past walking buddies coming back for another month!!

Welcome to our newcomers!! It is always awesome to make new friends during our monthly challenges <3 So glad that you are joining in this month.

drbcru , sorry that you have been sick. Glad that you are feeling better. I really like the Express series of walks. They all are awesome workouts.

Ribbittee, you have my sympathy about the sinus infection. Several years ago I had my first and only one. It kicked me to the curb so badly that I didn't know what hit me. I never knew how sick one can get with those. Because of the infection I also ended up with an ear infection which resulted in a bit of hearing loss and some residual tinnitus afterwards. Take care of yourself and feel better fast.

Oh, PinkyPan1, take care of your self and get those legs, feet and knees feeling better soon. Good idea to cut back a bit. You are such an awesome walker!

Walk Happy!! :flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Wednesday (April 1st) worked 2 + hours winter cleanup in the garden

0 DVD miles.

0 outdoor minutes.

120 minutes "other" kinds of exercise, including strength. (today it was in the garden)

April goal: at least 2-3 miles or 30-45 minutes outdoors 5-6 days a week. Or else some other form of exercise including focusing on strength.

So far: 0 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 0 outdoor minutes (in the neighborhood or in a park)

So far: 120 minutes "other" forms of exercise, including strength.

:flowerforyou:
  • Justmepluslbs
    Justmepluslbs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a sedentary job but will aim for 40 miles in the month of April :):)
  • apuhalla3
    apuhalla3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I will set a goal of 50 miles this month...i LOVE to walk!
  • Lavender038
    Lavender038 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My goal for April is 60 miles. About 2 miles per day. Hoping to do more but that's my minimum . Already did 3 Leslie miles today with her 3 miles exercise tv workout on you tube plus one mile outdoors today using map my walk to calculate. So 4 miles done today.
  • Mawskittykat
    Mawskittykat Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    It was all I could do last month to make sixty miles. I really didn't have much time for any strength training just all walking. I have a new kettlebell workout dvd so i don't want to neglect my muscles. I will aim for 30 miles this month. That will give me time to alternate between walking and kettlebell dvd
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It's funny I jut wrote a note on last months forgetting today is April 1st, I am setting aiming for a goal this month to50 miles.

(I'm just keeping my tab I walked about 27 miles in Feb, and about 42 miles in March)

• bgoddess2003
    Options
    4/1 walked about 1/4 mile outside in evening but I was too cold to continue went home.

.25/50
  • bgoddess2003
    Options
    It was all I could do last month to make sixty miles. I really didn't have much time for any strength training just all walking. I have a new kettlebell workout dvd so i don't want to neglect my muscles. I will aim for 30 miles this month. That will give me time to alternate between walking and kettlebell dvd

Have you done kettle ball before? some people like it, I think for sure I would tweak my back, lol I think to know what you think, good luck to you.
  • bgoddess2003
    Options
    Wednesday (April 1st) worked 2 + hours winter cleanup in the garden

0 DVD miles.

0 outdoor minutes.

120 minutes "other" kinds of exercise, including strength. (today it was in the garden)

April goal: at least 2-3 miles or 30-45 minutes outdoors 5-6 days a week. Or else some other form of exercise including focusing on strength.

So far: 0 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 0 outdoor minutes (in the neighborhood or in a park)

So far: 120 minutes "other" forms of exercise, including strength.

:flowerforyou:

Pretty soon you going to have to schedule time to be home, lol you are always so busy. Please come and work in my garden I will help you by giving you the rake/shovel/gloves. hahaha
  • bgoddess2003
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    3.5/75 I over did it last month and my legs, feet and knees hurt. I am going to cut back some and go for 75 miles.Happy April Fools Day!

Leslie challenged us all to a 3 Mile walk today in celebrating of The American Heart Association. I completed 3.5 miles this morning.

Sorry, I haven't really been chatty this week, how have you been feeling? any better?
  • corrinetonesitup
    corrinetonesitup Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My goal is 40. I almost made it last month, but got a little off track toward the end.

4/1: 2 miles from LS U5DWP

Total: 2/40
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »

Sorry, I haven't really been chatty this week, how have you been feeling? any better?
    You are so sweet! I started taking Aleve for my pain and that was a big mistake. It damaged my stomach. I am still having bouts of stomach pain here and there. I guess I am learning that perhaps I am not meant to continue with outdoor power walking. Last summer I was able to get up to 5 MPH. I tried last month to get to 4.5 MPH and my shins, feet and knees have not been the same. Now my goal is to walk a 5K every morning with my son and cut back on the speed and let my body heel. I will still walk with Leslie so I can get my cardio in.

Thank you for asking. :)