April: No More "Fooling"Around!!

Options
Snooozie
Snooozie Posts: 3,444 Member
edited April 2015 in Social Groups
Nuff foolin' around.... time to actually get serious about making good choices!

30 days to focus on better choices at everything we put in our bodies and WHY WE WANT to make better ones!

kqtgtw1q7z45.png
kigstv56ts95.png
6o4bsz4ws2zn.png

Replies

• seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Thanks Snoozie for getting this month off to a great start!!! No more foolin around is definitely my mantra for this month!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    it was your topic idea for this month Susan so thank YOU ! weighed in this morn, still at last logged weight and looking forward to focusing on my food choices this month to help get wanting healthy choices rewired in my brain and habits! will be back once I can type with both hands again! :D
  • OldWomanRuns
    OldWomanRuns Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Perfect for this month!! Goals: Cut out added processed sugar! Does wine, vodka or tequila count? Not that I plan on drinking all of those (at the same time) - but, thought I would check just in case an ice cold Patron Margarita walks my way.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    Pinch and a punch, the first of the month! Happy April Fool's Day to you all!

This is a great theme for this month as my son is trying to eat "clean" too, and we're trying to do it on a budget. Just one point I have about the keeping good food in the fridge - it's great to do (I find it helps me to keep certain tempting foods out of the house), but I did manage to gain my weight by eating healthy food and thinking it was OK because it was healthy! Not if you eat too much it isn't, ha ha!

I'm planing to make good use of my portion control plate, which has half set aside for vegetables. As it's getting a little warmer, maybe more salad/raw veg is in order.
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Vail completely agree with you About portion control being a necessary even with healthy choices. Calories are calories no matter what the source - for me the phrase it's not about eating less Will just remind me I don't have to starve myself nor do I have to feel deprived in any way because there are loads of healthy foods that I enjoy very much hoping this month it will help me change my mindset from I can't have this to look at all the wonderful things I can have! And I'm absolutely working on a budget to and trying not to waste as much food as I do Still using Siri so apologies for AutoCorrect ! Looking forward to hearing how your progress is going so glad u have your son On board too
  • Snooozie
    Options
    jl73zeyaliyc.jpg
    Owr - wow that's an awesome goal. I think for me this month My goal is going to be every time I eat to simply be mindful of what I'm choosing ....to actually stop and think about what I'm going to make or what I'm eating and to really think about it as I eat it instead of just scarfing it down.

As for the wine and Mr. Petrone - for me personally I will always include wine and dark chocolate as my some of my choices for occasional indulgence without guilt - they are both things I enjoy and believe each has a place in my lifestyle I want. But .... I will be following this little ditty and making sure it is just an occasional indulgence!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    That pic was supposed to be at the bottom but with one hand working ain't going to redo it lolil
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I love this ! Love all the visuals, Snoozie. May be heading out to a Beach vacation in a week or two ...but I can still keep an eye towards losing and doing better...
    Thanks to Susan and Snoozie for the set-up!!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    b0279.gif

It's official....I'm goin' to the beach...I'm goin' to the beach...

b0253.gif
  • Snooozie
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I can hear the excitement in your posting Gail LOL! SO HAPPY for ya hope you have a blast!!

Back to work today; still can't tie my shoes so god bless Velcro sneakers lol.. I had a good day yesterday, really thinking about the food as I was eating it and choosing it... admittedly rather limited choices since I can only use one paw, but paying attention, really tasting it helped me with portion control (although I did go back for seconds in green beans lol)

Im considering waiting to weigh myself again til the end of this month.... just as an experment, to take the focus OFF weight loss and more on the food choices themselves.. i'll probably still weigh IN every week out of habit, but if I decide now now to log my weight again til the end of the month, it might help me with my goal to focus on the food/portion sizes instead...

busy day today; taking senior to long dr apt early this morn then groceries for her, then me, then into work... have some movement back in the paw but still very swollen and no ability to grip anything - but it's an improvement fro the past 2 days so i'll take it!! have a great day everyone; will sneak in at work later!

OWR - looking forward to hearing about the shopping escapade later1
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your hurts, Snoozie. Feel better soon. Glad you made good choices.Have fun today!!
    ..maybe I need to sling up my dominant hand and try eating with my other...if it will slow me down...I have always had about 15 minutes of eating time after you get it to the table...or lap..which ever is appropriate...I used to go out to eat and had to eat it on the way back to have time to finish....lol so I have always been eating badly.

Yesterday I had a good day of eats...in portion control...so I hope to keep that up..
    We are going to the beach as you may have seen...and I hope to do well there...probably saving calories foir one meal a day..and light stuff like fruit ...or fruit drinks .. Hahahha...a little lime in my tequila!!
    OWR- I just tried the Patron Margarita's...yummy . Great goal with cutting out sugar , that's one of mine, too
    Vailara- I love the idea of clean eating...I need to keep more veggies on hand, it would be easier. I think Hubby and I are going to attempt cutting out Gluten..his family has Celiac problems...

Ok, breaks over , off to work...just got in a quick 10 min on bike... may be a bit light on exercise the rest of the week.
    Have a fabulous week ending everyone....as you know ,you deserve it!!

• cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Snoozie... I feel your pain.... being pawless is not fun....lol...

OWR... I like my ice tea from Long Island....

My main focus will be less chocolate... say a prayer for the bunnies....

Gail - do you have a gym at work? sounds great... we have one down the hall, just gotta use it...
    The gym I use is on base.. full with equipment... that's where I get my groove on....lol...

Talk to you soon

Carol
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Yes, Carol , we have a small one, right down the hall from me, so if I don't get it done through out the day ,it yells at me on my way out in the evening, so I give in and get it done...at least a few minutes...like today, I do not feel it, but I managed to get in 10 minutes...

Good luck on that chocolate focus.....Best wishes sent to the little bunnies...I feel for their lives.....hahahaa...
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    OWR- good for you on cutting back on sugar, and I think a cool Patron Margarita shouldn't count as anything bad lol
    Vail- great goal with clean eating and so glad your son is on board!
    Snooozie - OUCH about your hand - I think I missed something- what happened? I sure hope it's better soon <3
    Gail- yay on the beach!!! Beaches are my all time FAVORITE place to be!!! Can I sneak into your suitcase? And great job on the portion control- I know what a challenge that is!
    Carol- I'm praying for those bunnies!

I am doing pretty good this week- progress, not perfection. Walked the dogs one day, 75 minutes of yoga yesterday, logging my food , and stayed within calorie goal yesterday. Need to work on more protein.
  • OldWomanRuns
    OldWomanRuns Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm with Seehee, favorite place in the whole world is sitting, walking, sleeping, eating, well everything on the beach! Have a fabulous time, Gail!

Welp, already blew the "added sugar" thing. Just exactly how did that bag of mini peppermint patties get here? Was doing so well with purchasing a huge cart full of fresh veggies and fruit at Costco (have to make trips to the city count) ... And I have no trouble walking past all the samples (usually) THEN it happened. Only mini peppermint-only 150 calories for 5- everyone needs a good treat now and then- Boy, was that cute little elderly lady good!!!! Next thing I know, bag in the cart while swallowing that sample whole! What is worse is how delectable that ice cold shot of Patron chased by a mint was. Will be taking that bag to work & putting by the coffee pot way down the hall from me....
    Eye on the prize of feeling better, fitting into smaller clothes, and it is time to Stop Fooling Around!!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    You didn't "blow" anything OWR... it's about progress, not perfection - and this month is about making progress TOWARDS your goal of decreasing added sugar, right? Making changes can't be an all or nothing attitude; at least for 99% of us, it just leads back into that whole old mindset of tried, failed, why bother blah blah blah - you simply made a choice to have the mints; nothing more. You didn't eat 3 meals and 2 snacks filled with sugar, right??

I bet by the end of the month you're going to find you've cut a TON of added sugar from your diet compared to what you used to take in? In fact right now I bet you could say that compared to six months or a year ago, you've made HUGE progress in that goal already! Don't be so hard on yourself my friend - change happens over time and you're already well on your way by setting that goal for yourself , so look forward to hearing how about your progress! :D
  • Snooozie
    Options
    P.S. Susan I should hve read your post before replying to OWR - I could have just pointed up and said "what Susan said" about the progress, not perfection LOL.. well done YOU btw on all the successes yesterday... awesome accomplishments!!

I forgot everything was closed today LOL.. but am finding the focus on paying attention to my food choices and taking my time eating to make sure I actually taste and enjoy my food, is interesting.. I am guilty especially at work of "scarfing" down my food without even pausing to breathe let alone taste it; just the nature of the beast since meals are often interrupted for work requirements so tend to "shove it down' when ya can.. I seem to be eating a little less because im only eating when i'm hungry, and stopping when im not.. lol but it's only day 2 so still just looking at it as an interesting experiment!

Paw is improving a bit so better make use of it and prep my tuna for work lunch and maybe some meatballs and coleslaw for dinner... have a good one everybody!
  • Snooozie
    edited April 2015
    Options
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Greetings Hatters!! I had a super day yesterday! Did well on portion control/ managed to leave as much on my plate as I ate...just one serving...no go backs!! Awesome!
    AS for exercise, I don't know how to log it, but I hand washed two cars, cleaned off half of the carport, washed half of the walls of the carport....top to bottom....must be a 'ca-gillion calories burned....if I could only do that much in the house...lol.
    Happy Easter, may you find all your eggs ...before they start to STINK!! hahahahha...
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Carol...let go of that rabbit!!!