What is your favorite food?

Options
AlciaMode
AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
The last few days my diet has not been the greatest, and the scale proves it, so I want to get back on track with eating healthy and clean. As I sit here chowing on half an avocado I wonder what is your favorite clean thing to eat (if you say oatmeal then I know you are a liar).

Replies

• joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Steak, salad and low fat Mayo. Loads of salad though and rib eye steak is my favourite. Or mixed berries and yoghurt.
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Well, it isn't cheap, and it isn't something I make myself, but sushi or sashimi are my favorites, diet or no diet.
  • shawnfugettslosingit
    Options
    Pizza, lobster, brussel sprouts
  • tinascar2015
    Options
    Hahahaha -- Brussels sprouts? I thought I was the only one! I love them cold and leftover from the night before. My husband thinks I'm nuts, but what does he know? He hates lobster!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Eggs, tomato, cashews, lean steak (dammit diabetes), really any meat except pork (unless we're talking bacon).
  • TBrownCVT
    TBrownCVT Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love to make homemade soups with bone broth. I vary what goes into it based on what I have on hand, and it's easy and delicious.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Pizza, lobster, brussel sprouts

If I had to choose just one protein for the rest of my life it would be lobster
  • MiRatlhed
    MiRatlhed Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Blueberries or Strawberries for Fruit, Macadamia Nuts and Avocado for Fats, Beef or Shellfish for Protein and Parsnips or ANY Squash for Veggies. These I could eat every single day.
  • jaydek_sn
    Options
    Right now my fave thing to eat is a giant salad with mixed greens, bacon, soft yolk eggs, avocado, cucumber, red onion, tomato and a primal-friendly "ceasar" dressing made with cashew cream, lemon and garlic. Add a bit of extra protein (steak, chicken or prawns, depending what I have on hand...) and YUM. Makes a really nice meal. Love having this for breakfast.
  • gash14
    gash14 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes, Bell Peppers, Onions, cucumbers all cut up tossed in bowl with some olive oil, vinegar (apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar...depending on my mood), salt and pepper, loads of minced garlic...perhaps some other spices with Feta Cheese sometimes. Sometimes I'll drop the cucumbers and bake the dish, sometimes I'll eat it cold. It's my crack.

As for meat....all dependent on my mood.
  • 1briannamom
    1briannamom Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Smoothies, avocados, and oatmeal (sorry, but it's true). Oh, and coffee!
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Banana smoothie mmmmMMMmmmmmm
  • rendress269
    rendress269 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    TBrownCVT wrote: »
    I love to make homemade soups with bone broth. I vary what goes into it based on what I have on hand, and it's easy and delicious.

I have to agree. Love me some soup. And homemade stock from scratch is a must. My all time favorites are cream of anything, but since I'm counting calories, I cleaned up a chicken, white bean and kale recipe. Delish!

• GreenHeather2014
    GreenHeather2014 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Fish, and more specifically, salmon I get from a vendor in one of Portland's (OR) farmer's markets.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Well, it isn't cheap, and it isn't something I make myself, but sushi or sashimi are my favorites, diet or no diet.

Sashimi FTW! :smiley:

I'm also partial to beef carpaccio, tuna tartare and raw meat in general....
  • tinascar2015
    Options
    ^^^ When I used to travel to the UK for business, there was a wonderful Italian restaurant in Henley-on-Thames, just down the street from the home of....George Harrison! You'd think I loved the place because there was a change my favorite Beatle might wander in, but I actually went there for their amazing carpaccio!

No, I never saw George, but I drove up to his gates a few times.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Eggs, avocados, kale & Brussel sprout Cesar salad, raw almonds
  • HeatherZousel
    HeatherZousel Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    For a kick grab and go-boiled eggs. Otherwise, homemade soups, favorite currently West African Peanut Soup. No one in my family eats dinner at the same time so I make a couple big pots of soup a week and it feeds all of us without having to figure out who will be eating dinner with us and who won't.
  • ac7360
    ac7360 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Mashed sweet potatoes with coconut milk. I also LOVE mixing coconut oil with peanut butter and dipping my apples in it. I make ranch dip using chobani nonfat plain greek yogurt and a couple tsps of hidden valley ranch packet seasoning. I use it as dressing on salads, and good Ole fashioned veggie dip. Tastes great and very healthy.
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Lettuce wrap "sandwich" with turkey, mozzarella and tomato -yummm xfft4hqpq5t7.jpg