What is your favorite food?

Options
2»

Replies

• momhealthac
    momhealthac Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    all veggies, fruits, and yes oatmeal! Lettuce wrap oh yeah! my favorite lunch. Raw nuts for snack!
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Larabars (lime and lemon) and Cashew Butter and grapes.
  • mrssallee818
    mrssallee818 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I LOVE popcorn. I melt some coconut oil in a pan, add red pepper flakes, then pop the corn. Yummy, spicy, clean snack. I'm also a big fan of boiled eggs- I make and peel a dozen at a time.

For those of you that do like oatmeal, how do you prepare it?
  • LydiaZembower
    LydiaZembower Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My favorite is mango, so fresh and juicy, however, it's messy but I don't mind. Those of you that love oatmeal, chop mangoes into your oatmeal and if you like, coconut flakes. You never will need or miss the sugar.
    I love Alaskan King Crab and Snow Crabs dipped in unsalted butter but only as a treat.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Love stuffed grape leaves...rice and pine nuts wrapped in grape leaves with lemon sauce drizzled on top. Nom nom

I eat oatmeal almost every morning with an over easy egg on top and some pepper/garlic powder, yummy. @mrssallee818 fills me up til lunch with minimal calories.
  • mrssallee818
    mrssallee818 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    CurvyToFit wrote: »
    Love stuffed grape leaves...rice and pine nuts wrapped in grape leaves with lemon sauce drizzled on top. Nom nom

I eat oatmeal almost every morning with an over easy egg on top and some pepper/garlic powder, yummy. @mrssallee818 fills me up til lunch with minimal calories.

Good idea! I never thought to have a savory oatmeal. I don't have much of a sweet tooth, so that idea sounds delicious!!
  • calidroz
    calidroz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Tea... When I'm trying to stop eating so much I love to drink green, or my current favorite, PEPPERMINT tea.
  • lonemaple
    lonemaple Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Crab...absolutely love it!!
  • rendress269
    rendress269 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    For those of you that do like oatmeal, how do you prepare it?

I'm on an overnight oats kick the past few months. We started using steel cut oats and fell in live with the texture. I prep my jars for the week using 1/4 cup steel cut oats, 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, 1 tsp honey and about 50 grams (1/2 cup) of fruit. We've been partial to mango lately!

The night before , I add 1/2 cup of unsweeteened vanilla almond milk, shake well and let sit overnight. In the morning you can heat it up or eat it cold, add nuts for an extra protein punch. I find it really holds over until lunch. Below is a chocolate cherry recipe I posted on Instagram.

Robin
  • lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Simmering savory beans over chopped fresh greens is a favorite comfort food. Cornbread is out there in comfort realm too.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    CurvyToFit wrote: »

Good idea! I never thought to have a savory oatmeal. I don't have much of a sweet tooth, so that idea sounds delicious!!

You can add me if you like to get ideas! I try to switch it up.
  • TBrownCVT
    TBrownCVT Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    calidroz wrote: »
    Tea... When I'm trying to stop eating so much I love to drink green, or my current favorite, PEPPERMINT tea.

I love peppermint tea. It's delicious and helps keep my stomach feeling calm.