Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What to drink?

2»

Replies

• Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,069 Member
    I love Kombucha when I'm feeling under the weather, but stick to the lowest sugar kind and limit my intake if watching carbs more closely. Expensive to buy, cheap to make yourself if you can get a scoby.....my scoby died so I stopped making it, used to like to double ferment mine adding a bit of flavour to it, like ginger. It's good for the tummy.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Oh yeah Lacroix is great! Their coconut flavor tastes just like (fizzy) coconut water. I love the kombucha (gingerberry or something like that) but now that I aim for VLC I don't spare it the carbs (I think a serving is 7g)
  • Kitnthecat
    Yup, that's about right. But the other day when I was feeling like I was getting a sore throat, I had 1/2 bottle one day and the other half another day, to spread out the carbs. But I haven't gotten sick even though people around me got sick.
  • glossbones
    Yeah if I felt something coming on I wouldn't hesitate to have a Kombucha. But I haven't had to party with my usual seasonal sinus infection since starting VLC.
  • Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    The Kevita guys make kombucha, but the one I get (Lime Mint Mojita) is sweetened with stevia and has but a single carb per serving. Love it!
    Lemon cayenne also has 1 carb per serving. Mmm...

-T.
  • KeithF6250
    KeithF6250 Posts: 321 Member
    I gave up soda years ago, just seemed to lose interest. Never liked any of the artificial sweetener beverages. For 30 years my wife & I have been regular drinkers of flavored seltzers. My go to beverage at restaurants has been unsweetened ice tea. At home it has been tea/herbal tea blends; iced in summer, hot in winter.

After mowing on a hot day, I've always enjoyed a 50/50 mix of beer & V-8 with a dash of curry powder. That might be a little carby for me now. Maybe I'll try V-8, lemon seltzer and a dash of basil & dill.

As I write this I realize that for the last two months I haven't had tea, herbal tea or seltzer. I didn't even notice I've replaced them with water.
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    Is sparkling mineral water an option for you? I love these and it feels like such a treat. Very little flavour, as such, but it's great on a hot day, or when you're out for a meal. I feel as if I'm part of the crew rather than an outcast as others are having alcohol, perhaps purely because of the bubbles lol
  • glossbones
    I think everyone I know is now used to me ordering "Club soda with lime" anywhere we go. :D

Unsweetened ice tea can also be good but sometimes I find tea doesn't quench my thirst.
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    I've been putting just a bit of apple cider vinegar in my water the last few days, partly because I've been sick, but I've also noticed that it tastes slightly sweet & apple-y to me now.
  • Kitnthecat
    For iced tea, we love cold green tea, or a mixture of green and an herbal tea, usually peppermint in our house. Just brew it and stick it in the fridge, no sweetener needed. Used to take this with us to the beach, my kids loved it when they were little. Even now years later, it is one of our favorite summer drinks. I fill up a medium sized drink dispenser and keep it in the fridge. We pour another fresh pot of tea in it after we drink some, and keep it going, the flavour always changing depending on what we put in it.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    I too love the la croix waters. I have a soda stream at home so i make my own fizzy water and a tweence of extract to it. coconut extract, raspberry etc. If I want it a bit sweeter, i'll add a couple drops liquid stevia.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    whole foods has a mint italian sparkling water that i love love love.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,737 Member
    My husband loves club soda, I'm a fan too. Is a soda stream worth it?
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    @parkdad73 ... I knew I had a problem when I returned my empty bottles for the deposit, and received around 10$ in return:(
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    I have a soda stream too. I use it all the time. It's so nice to have a carbonated water rather than straight water. The kids use it too and mix in fruit juice rather than drinking flavoured soft drinks (sodas).