What's something you're doing today that you're PROUD of?

Options

Replies

• aek1985
    aek1985 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Today I'm proud that I stayed under my calories & took a walk with my hubby <3 I'm also happy that I'm finally back in the 160's! Yay!
  • reneemurray897
    reneemurray897 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My office is at one corner of our building. There is a "cube farm" in the middle with walled offices around the perimeter. 8 times around is a mile. Today I am walking all the way around the perimeter every time I leave my office. Doesn't matter why or where I am going - even if it is to the office next door. I'm taking the long way home...
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I ran the entire 1.5 miles of my C25K program today! And AFTER I took a 3 mile, fairly quick walk with 2 kids and the baby's daddy. 1.5 miles! The farthest I've EVER ran before was about 3/4 of a mile. I am so excited and proud of me!
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Today is the 2nd day of sticking to MFP and "behaving" myself after being off track for quite a while!
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I'm 10lbs down from my MFP start weight :smiley: I stepped on the scale yesterday and didn't want to believe it so I waited, but today the scale says the same weight!

I've been here before and this is where I sometimes start to get complacent and slip on logging my food. But this time I have this challenge to keep me focused and keep going. Thanks everyone! :blush:
  • downongreenacres
    Options
    A co-worker brought in Krispy Kreme's this morning. Didn't even look in the box--had no desire to. :)
    thatsgreat!

• reneemurray897
    reneemurray897 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ACSL3 wrote: »
    I'm 10lbs down from my MFP start weight :smiley: I stepped on the scale yesterday and didn't want to believe it so I waited, but today the scale says the same weight!

I've been here before and this is where I sometimes start to get complacent and slip on logging my food. But this time I have this challenge to keep me focused and keep going. Thanks everyone! :blush:

Congrats!
  • nev888
    nev888 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Have to go to a conference this afternoon for work, which includes lunch - decided to bring my lunch from home, eat it before I go, and just attend the afternoon session.
  • Brans34
    Options
    Nothing yet today, but I'm at work. Yesterday, however, I ran for 2 miles straight! Woo hoo! I can't hardly believe it, considering I couldn't have ran to save my life a couple weeks ago.
  • SFDonovan
    SFDonovan Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Last night I stopped and picked up Thai food for the family. I didn't mind. I didn't order anything, and instead eat at 220 calorie Healthy Choice meal for dinner. The payoff was when I stepped on the scale this morning.
  • Brans34
    Options
    SFDonovan wrote: »
    Last night I stopped and picked up Thai food for the family. I didn't mind. I didn't order anything, and instead eat at 220 calorie Healthy Choice meal for dinner. The payoff was when I stepped on the scale this morning.

Good job! My family had fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and macaroni and cheese. I had a P3, went for a 2 mile run and 1 mile walk, then had a salad. My scale lowered as well!
  • downongreenacres
    Options
    Good for you!

• downongreenacres
    Options
    nev888 wrote: »
    Have to go to a conference this afternoon for work, which includes lunch - decided to bring my lunch from home, eat it before I go, and just attend the afternoon session.

Work temptations are always the hardest for me-yesterday was 2 huge platters of freshly baked cookies! But I got out of there without eating any of them-woohoo!

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options

I love me some Thai food! Many of the dishes are lower calorie than eating other Asian food (like Chinese). I usually get Tom Yum soup, which is only about 100 calories per cup.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Planting the first early veggies in my garden today! Planted beans, peas, carrots, lettuce, beets, radishes and cilantro. (Tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers will be planted in a few weeks when it's warmer.)

I'm proud that I will be eating my own home-grown organic vegetables by summer!
  • CaribooKit
    CaribooKit Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Went out with my outrigger club this morning paddling. It was only a few degrees above freezing and half way through the paddle the skies opened and we got drenched. Never stopped paddling all the way back in the rain. 90+ mins and over a 1000 cals burned. Freezing cold once we stopped sweating though I'm proud I didn't take the easy road and stay home on the coach when i knew the weather was going to be bad.
  • Brans34
    Options
    Wow, Cariboo, that's great! Not sure I would have been that dedicated. Lol

I took 2 of my boys and went on a 6-mile hike. Burned almost 900 calories, and still didn't eat over my 1200 calories. I'm hoping for an awesome weigh in for tomorrow!
  • lindadprice
    lindadprice Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I had probably 3 serving of veggies and 1 of fruit. I've been really good about staying close to my calorie count.
  • notfbam
    notfbam Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My office is at one corner of our building. There is a "cube farm" in the middle with walled offices around the perimeter. 8 times around is a mile. Today I am walking all the way around the perimeter every time I leave my office. Doesn't matter why or where I am going - even if it is to the office next door. I'm taking the long way home...

That is an excellent idea! I might steal it and do it too!
  • malika1976
    malika1976 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm proud I walked up a hill (806m above sea level). It's the first time I've walked up a hill voluntarily and on my own. Some of it I had to take 10 steps at a time, but I still made it down in the estimated time. Would have been impossible for me 1 month ago both because of confidence and fitness.