What's something you're doing today that you're PROUD of?

Options

Replies

• downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    malika1976 wrote: »
    I'm proud I walked up a hill (806m above sea level). It's the first time I've walked up a hill voluntarily and on my own. Some of it I had to take 10 steps at a time, but I still made it down in the estimated time. Would have been impossible for me 1 month ago both because of confidence and fitness.

Good for you! That is a big success!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    malika1976 wrote: »
    I'm proud I walked up a hill (806m above sea level). It's the first time I've walked up a hill voluntarily and on my own. Some of it I had to take 10 steps at a time, but I still made it down in the estimated time. Would have been impossible for me 1 month ago both because of confidence and fitness.

Way to go! A boost to your fitness and your confidence, hurrah!
  • Maquillage_
    Maquillage_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I worked out for a little over an hour :) It used to be that I couldn't work out for longer than 30 minutes! Now I do a 30 minute workout on the days I have work (because of time restraints, but I make up for lack of time in intensity) and then on the days I'm not in work I do over an hour! And I'm planning to start walking in the evenings too as soon as my shift gets changed!
  • conetah24
    conetah24 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I fractured my kneecap playing sports two weeks ago and knew it was going to be tough to lose weight being less active. Sure enough on monday I had gained .2 pounds, but I buckled down since then and today without exercise I lost an additional 2.3 lbs! Excited for when I'm able to get back to working out and speeding up the process again.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    conetah24 wrote: »
    I fractured my kneecap playing sports two weeks ago and knew it was going to be tough to lose weight being less active. Sure enough on monday I had gained .2 pounds, but I buckled down since then and today without exercise I lost an additional 2.3 lbs! Excited for when I'm able to get back to working out and speeding up the process again.

You can still workout even with an injury. you can do upper body without or with weights or resistance bands, ab work, chair workout. Lots of videos on YouTube.
  • SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I'm keeping my calories on the low-ish side today after being a bit indulgent (but not TOO indulgent!) yesterday! :)
  • lindadprice
    lindadprice Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I finally started running outside again. I started off slow but I went for 30 minutes.
  • conetah24
    conetah24 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    conetah24 wrote: »

You can still workout even with an injury. you can do upper body without or with weights or resistance bands, ab work, chair workout. Lots of videos on YouTube.

Thanks for the encouragement and advice, the first week and a half I couldn't do anything because of the size of the swelling in my knee. But in the last week I've been able to move around with the swelling dropping a bit and have been working out again. Mostly I've been hyper-vigilant with my diet and I'm happy that I've lost 3.8 pounds in the last week and because I've been to the gym I'm pretty sure most of that is not muscle.
  • lindadprice
    lindadprice Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I went down a size and pants and didn't realize it till I put my jeans on last night and they were falling off all night. I checked the tag and there 14 U.S. I've never been that big. I'm back to my size 12. I can go out and get new pants. Yeah! I didn't even notice I lost any weight. I really never liked the mirror.
  • playmadcats
    playmadcats Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Went shopping yesterday and bought three pairs of jeans. ( charity shop) two mens in 30" and one ladies in UK size 10. The ladies are wearable but a little tight. But feels so much better than a 38" (which were getting tight) or a size 18.
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Being a smaller size in your pants/jeans is better than any number on the scale!
    Congrats!
  • joshuapowell1989
    joshuapowell1989 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    When I started my weight loss challenge my Partner bought me a pair of Asda Jeans. 38" waist as I was wearing 38" Stretchy Jeans.
    Unfortunately they didn't fit and were too tight, so I was more than likely a 40" waist!!!

This weekend I went to Asda and bought myself two new pairs of jeans.
    A 36" Pair as the 38" ones that didn't fit to begin with now fall off.
    A 34" Pair ready for my next step down.

I thought i'd try on the 34"'s to see how they fit at the moment, and surprisingly they fit.
    As I sit at a desk all day I have chosen not to wear them as they are still abit tight on the tummy but good to know not long before I'll be in 34"s!!!
  • playmadcats
    Options
    Well done. It's good to keep trying the slightly too small ones. Had the experience of accidentally buying a 36" designer pair when I was at my largest. ( was chatting when sorting through the pile). Thought I would try them on a few weeks back and they were miles too big. Have worn them with a belt a couple of times but I still need to shuffle them up.
    Intend to replace with some more when I'm at my goal.
  • LadyScorpio67
    LadyScorpio67 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    May 19th I started doing a two mile walk determined I was going to keep going until I was able to do the two miles in 30 minutes. I did it tonight and was able to include about 1/2 mile of jogging with it. Super excited!
    kh94b9g0ht83.jpg
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Going for a walk in the rain!!!
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    That's GREAT, ladyscorpio! Congratulations!
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Ran: walked 7 miles on the coastal path between Mullion and Poldhu Coves, Cornwall UK and did some yoga on the beach at the midpoint. I did stand in the sea and if I'd had the time would have had a swim as well. Awesome way to start the afternoon.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I took about a month off, and came back today to realize I haven't gained a single pound back.
    I'm at the point where I'm now in "fairly good" shape, which stinks because my ultimate weight goal is my "ideal" weight. Further weight loss will not be as much driven by a desire to be healthy and "not fat"--I feel like I'm already there for the most part--but by athletic performance and (to an extent) vanity.

But I feel like I needed that month for my body to adjust (I've lost 41 pounds so far this year), I have a plan, and I'm ready to pick up where I left off.

Oh? That 20 pounds by 7/4 thing? Yeah, that's shot.
  • playmadcats
    Options
    Ooh nice. The one thing that worries me is slipping back if I stop logging.
    Have just slipped under the 12 stone mark this week.
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    I did a 5:21 minute plank.