Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,207 Member
    Lunch for National Pancake Day was scrambled eggs with cheese, fake bacon (for J), sausage patties (for me), one hash brown patty each, and three small pancakes each, with butter and real maple syrup.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and one beat up and corroded penny was found. If it were not for the round shape I would have missed it as it was a similar color to the crack in the road where I spotted it. The Temperature out the door was 28 degrees. Yesterdays "Snow" left the roads wet and most of the sidewalks likewise with a coating on the lawns that the grass is peeking through.

https://apnews.com/897c540ddfb647e6971bd77d6b12e305
    He rode into Alabama a tech savior, then swindled millions

https://abcnews.go.com/International/beheaded-crusader-vandals-decapitate-800-year-mummy-dublin/story?id=61325855
    Someone beheaded 'The Crusader': Vandals decapitate 800-year-old mummy in Dublin church
    The 400-year-old remains of a nun were also damaged in the incident.

https://www.apnews.com/b4c7e8aace4d45bca6d4b2f6b2ee0ac0
    Using 1 germ to fight another when today’s antibiotics fail

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    rtYBy5.jpg

G9lFaY.jpg

JDJmk9.jpg

Y7OYM8.jpg

RgKYkG.jpg

zxvO0H.jpg

vuiET3.jpg

J4XFpD.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! Company is gone, much to Orion's relief, and I need to get yesterday's load of laundry folded and put away, and do some more laundry today. I might get out to Aldi for some handy frozen pancakes so we can eat some for lunch. Or I could just make some...

HAPPY NATIONAL PANCAKE DAY!
    Hello Ed
    Dang it, I missed that one, I could have had some Pancakes with Butter melting into them, No Syrup, FWIW my brother regards not having pancakes with butter and Maple Syrup as Heresy.
    Singapore Noodles in 5 Minutes
    I wonder if these are similar to the ones my brother buys at the Chinese take out in the ShopRite grocery store ?
    4 Levels of Spaghetti & Meatballs: Amateur to Food Scientist, We challenged chefs of three different levels - an amateur, a home cook and a professional chef - to make their versions of spaghetti & meatballs.
    Hmm... The taste has to be subjective as many people make and cook the Meatballs differently. Then The Tomato Gravy and choice of what type of Spaghetti as even more variables...
    THREE INGREDIENT BUDGET FRIENDLY VEGAN RECIPES
    Without clicking the link to be sure I am basing my guess on the link https://www.thecheaplazyvegan.com/shop/ ending in the word shop that the recipe book is not free :wink:
    4 Levels of Mac and Cheese: Amateur to Food Scientist, We challenged chefs of three different levels - an amateur, a home cook and a professional chef - to make their versions of macaroni and cheese
    Once again lots of variables, Cheese(s) and cooking come to mind as well as what Macaroni is used will affect how much cheese sticks to the Macaroni will have a effect too.
    SPINACH & BUTTER BEAN CURRY
    They lost me at Curry :wink:
    Lunch for National Pancake Day was scrambled eggs with cheese, fake bacon (for J), sausage patties (for me), one hash brown patty each, and three small pancakes each, with butter and real maple syrup.
    Sounds Tasty, Eggs and Cheese Whee. Sausage patties In my case would depend on seasoning used when they are made, Plus Please no meat except pork. Hash Brown Patty, Oven Roasted ? Is there any syrup worth using beyond real Maple Syrup ?

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi, Quick note...on this Wednesday 2 27
    Have to shower so I can make my way to town and my hair cut. I will come back for video's AND several of the articles.
    Cloudy, my weather apps (yes I have two) are both showing drizzle today....in Duluth GA, my closest weather reporting station...on the other hand ATLANTA is only cloudy for the day....wait, WHAT?? The ATL is only 20 miles away... :wink:
    My BIG decision for the day....do I drive to WF since its so close...or do I not. Also there are at least 3 things I've seen from Trader Joes that interest me...top pick is Chili Lime Cashews...now I could really get into that!

Later...
    Hello Valerie
    The Problem with showering before the haircut is the need for another one to get rid of the small irritating hairs from the cutting. Having said that I always shower first too.

Off and on Cloudy sky this morning, when I left out I could not even see low flying planes, later on I could see the Moon and stars and then some clouds rolled in. Possible bad weather this weekend, The weather forecasters will not commit yet, ever since they were wrong back in November they have been cautious that way.

MY guess is that could both be wrong or not.

The big problem with WF is they are not that cheap, Add in the Bakery Department temptations and Oh Oh.

How far away is Trader Joes ? None of the NJ locations are all that closet to us here. FWIW Chili Lime Cashews would not be a temptation since Cashews make me itch for several days, And I love the taste :(

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 13C/56F with an expected high of17C/63F and 100% (verified) chance of precipitation.

Still working on laundry, which should come as no surprise to anyone!

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-hDhn4XgYY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phoj2NXr9aA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MltJ07fZclY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GPitlfutxY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHJdHPKAMXg

• parityanimal
    RogerToo wrote: »

Sounds Tasty, Eggs and Cheese Whee. Sausage patties In my case would depend on seasoning used when they are made, Plus Please no meat except pork. Hash Brown Patty, Oven Roasted ? Is there any syrup worth using beyond real Maple Syrup ?

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Yes. I almost always oven roast the hash brown patties. Once in a blue moon I might pan fry them in a little ghee or butter. The sausage was the frozen, precooked pork sausage patties that I get at Aldi, and the pancakes were their handy dandy frozen ones that come 8 3-packs to a bag. The sausage is available in original or maple. I prefer the original.

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Skipping ahead to caution Roger...cashews and mango's are part of the poison ivy family, as are pistachios and ginkgo biloba !! I did not know about the ginko....hmmmm!
  • GardenKatGardens
    Ok, back now.
    Poor Ole Tom E. Cat! He so badly wants to be outside...but not in the rain! And it is sprinkle/rain all morning. He'll get over it...or I will go lock myself in the garage! LOL!
    Yes, WF can be expensive depending on how you shop, and what you want. I have a Chase/Amazon C/C, (for years), and so the money spent is not what you might pay. Like some items are 'sale', or discounted, etc. I did good, much better than usual. I wanted Chicken Fried Tofu, and got it, and a smallish scoop of their vegan mac and cheese. and I left! Cost me $5 bucks...I've eaten the tofu twice and have at least one more serving and I've not eaten the mac&cheese yet. So I can hardly complain about the cost! Its when I give into impulse items that the price goes up. I really don't do that as often as I once did. And I was in a hurry, as I was picking Ted up on the street on my way to Trader Joe's. (Several blocks from Ted's home, and about 2 miles maybe 3 from Whole Foods). I'm not to great with guessing distance though. :)

Sooner or later I will need to get the house trash gathered up and into the wheelie and to the curb...Right now I'm enjoying a sweet cup of hot Taso Tea..Chai flavored with nice spices, etc. No milk, not even the nut kind. I learned to drink it that way years ago and so its a preference for it.

My SIL is in town from Texas, and after several attempts at communicating yesterday, we've managed to agree on a time and place!!

My phone just rang...once. and I cupped my palm over my Apple watch, which silences the ringer, but does not end the call...!! Very handy option these days. :)

Going back to check out the Spinach and Lima Bean Curry. To me, that sounds interesting. I can see Roger shaking his head...I guess I'd better not tell him I really do not like 'red sauce, or red gravy as you all call it) Everybody to their own taste buds, and what they grew up with.

Enjoy your day...I'm hoping mine gets sunny or something. (Planes are flying low into Hartsfield ....I can hear the planes!

Later...

• RogerToo
    O7HMT7.jpg

UHXraf.jpg

lKULhZ.jpg

xkkxIN.jpg

oV4mAF.jpg

NgkLMj.jpg

2xC359.jpg

O17iuf.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 25 degrees. When I headed out there was no snow falling, the snow started by the time I was 2 blocks from home and was in the 1/2 or a little higher by the time I returned home. It is still snowing lightly here and according the the local news forecast it should stop shortly, South NJ is forecast to have more snow accumulation.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/u-s-plush-toilet-paper-use-wiping-out-canadas-forests-flushing-away-the-future-report
    U.S. plush toilet paper use wiping out Canada's forests, flushing away the future: report
    The report gave failing grades to the leading toilet paper, tissue and paper towel brands for using only virgin fibre pulp, mostly from Canada’s old boreal forests, With the average American using almost three rolls each week

Huh ? Bad Idea #1
    https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2019/02/27/Lake-Erie-first-lake-to-be-granted-same-rights-as-a-human/1661551286456/
    Lake Erie first lake to be granted same rights as a human

Bad Idea #2
    https://www.local10.com/education/state-proposes-lowering-f-grade-to-just-39-percent
    State proposes lowering 'F' grade to just 39 percent

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/02/26/continuous-glucose-monitor-diabetes-blood-sugar-eversense-cgm/
    New Continuous Glucose Monitor Implant Sensor Comes As Welcome News To Diabetes Sufferers

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/can-you-trust-online-reviews-here-s-how-find-fakes-n976756
    Can you trust online reviews? Here's how to find the fakes

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 13C/56F with an expected high of17C/63F and 100% (verified) chance of precipitation.

Still working on laundry, which should come as no surprise to anyone!
    Hello Ed
    I really need to put the Laundry away, It has been washed and folded for days :(

100% chance of Precip here too. The weather forecast shows precipitation in the forecast for Saturday, Sunday and Monday, That means four days with some sort of either rain, snow or a mix.
    You've Never Had Grandma's Classic Dish Like THIS Before!
    I watched a 50 seconds so far and it looked like they were making meatballs, then the breaded, egg washed and fried them in a somewhat flattened form and the rest shall be revealed when I finish watching the video :smiley:
    Kids Try Their Parents' First Date Meal
    Hmm... Does anyone remember what that meal was, I know I do not remember what it was, Bad memory :(
    DIY MOZZARELLA Cheese Recipe
    As I recollect it from seeing it done on various TV Cooking shows as well as How its made, Mozzarella is really easy to make so that You could have fresh made to use rather than going for the convenience of buying ready made :smile:
    Making Vegan Mini Pizzas With Tabitha Brown
    I did not have Vegan Pizza Bagels, I did have Pizza made on a bagel and I even went so far as to make my own :wink:
    The BEST Keto Bread EVER! | Keto yeast bread | Low Carb Bread | Low Carb Bread Machine Recipe
    I wonder why the videos description indicates that it needs a bread maker, I would have though that You could make it and then bake it in the oven ??

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Yes. I almost always oven roast the hash brown patties. Once in a blue moon I might pan fry them in a little ghee or butter. The sausage was the frozen, precooked pork sausage patties that I get at Aldi, and the pancakes were their handy dandy frozen ones that come 8 3-packs to a bag. The sausage is available in original or maple. I prefer the original.
    Do You have any problems with the Hash Brown Patties falling apart in the Skillet ? Every time I tried do that with Tater Tots they fall apart in the skillet, IMO they need to be oven baked or deep fried :smiley:

Hmm... I like both original and Maple flavored, and with bacon, Thick cut regular, maple or applewood bacon slices. Every now and then We can find Bacon ends in the bargain section by the deli where they put the heavily discounted ends from the deli area. They work real well for flavoring things and You can usually find some usable pieces to go with breakfast too. I took some of the Ham ends and crisped them in the skillet, so tasty that way, much better than before they were crisped.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Skipping ahead to caution Roger...cashews and mango's are part of the poison ivy family, as are pistachios and ginkgo biloba !! I did not know about the ginko....hmmmm!
    Hello Valerie
    I did not know that either, I wonder if that is where the itchies came from, My brother gave me a couple of servings of Pistachios and I had not connected them with the itchies the next day so many thanks for the heads up. Another Nut I can not eat :(
    Ok, back now.
    Poor Ole Tom E. Cat! He so badly wants to be outside...but not in the rain! And it is sprinkle/rain all morning. He'll get over it...or I will go lock myself in the garage! LOL!
    Yes, WF can be expensive depending on how you shop, and what you want. I have a Chase/Amazon C/C, (for years), and so the money spent is not what you might pay. Like some items are 'sale', or discounted, etc. I did good, much better than usual. I wanted Chicken Fried Tofu, and got it, and a smallish scoop of their vegan mac and cheese. and I left! Cost me $5 bucks...I've eaten the tofu twice and have at least one more serving and I've not eaten the mac&cheese yet. So I can hardly complain about the cost! Its when I give into impulse items that the price goes up. I really don't do that as often as I once did. And I was in a hurry, as I was picking Ted up on the street on my way to Trader Joe's. (Several blocks from Ted's home, and about 2 miles maybe 3 from Whole Foods). I'm not to great with guessing distance though. :)
    Poor Cat I bet he is frustrated with the weather Which sounds like a nuisance.

I will never have a Amazon/Chase card. I got disgusted with chase when the gobbled up a credit card account that I had and jacked the interest rate way up. When I called them to ask for a lower rate all I was offered was take it or cancel. I cancelled and paid it off as soon as I could and I will never go back to anything connected to them.

Impulse buys in may case are always things I should stay away from and I have trouble resisting them which is why I let my brother do 90% of the grocery shopping. I do things for him also such as go to the Produce store when he is in the grocery store and but the Books he wants from Amazon. He refuses to buy anything online :wink:

You and distance and my brother and guessing how long he was out shopping :smiley:
    Sooner or later I will need to get the house trash gathered up and into the wheelie and to the curb...Right now I'm enjoying a sweet cup of hot Taso Tea..Chai flavored with nice spices, etc. No milk, not even the nut kind. I learned to drink it that way years ago and so its a preference for it.

My SIL is in town from Texas, and after several attempts at communicating yesterday, we've managed to agree on a time and place!!

My phone just rang...once. and I cupped my palm over my Apple watch, which silences the ringer, but does not end the call...!! Very handy option these days. :)

Going back to check out the Spinach and Lima Bean Curry. To me, that sounds interesting. I can see Roger shaking his head...I guess I'd better not tell him I really do not like 'red sauce, or red gravy as you all call it) Everybody to their own taste buds, and what they grew up with.

Enjoy your day...I'm hoping mine gets sunny or something. (Planes are flying low into Hartsfield ....I can hear the planes!

Later...
    Here I am the wheelie that carries the can to the curb for garbage or recycle.

I am guessing that the cupping the palm over the Apple watch only works with iPhones ?

I'm not shaking my head over the red gravy dislike, If everybody liked the same thing what a dull boring world it would be.

I can explain the low flying planes, that is so their white cane can find the runway :wink: I know the clouds are really low when I can hear the planes going over me and they are really low and I can not see them. At least the snow has stopped here, South NJ should be "Enjoying" it for a few more hours.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! Still got that third load of laundry to fold and put away, and I need to get out to buy a few things. I'll wait until about 10:00 and lighter traffic for that.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h_--AA7WBc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvxGono1IuQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n8gZvEew9g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t3uwnszo6I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSxv6IGBgFQ

• parityanimal

I wonder why the videos description indicates that it needs a bread maker, I would have though that You could make it and then bake it in the oven ??

Do You have any problems with the Hash Brown Patties falling apart in the Skillet ? Every time I tried do that with Tater Tots they fall apart in the skillet, IMO they need to be oven baked or deep fried :smiley:

Have a Good Day
    Roger

I am sure you could make the bread and bake it in the oven. It might take a little bit longer, as most kitchens are not as warm as the interior of the bread maker and this will impact the rising times.

Since I can get the spatula all the way under the patties, and I try to wait until the first side is good and crisp, they don't fall apart.
  • GardenKatGardens
    Just a quick hello...I need to step into t he shower and then get on the road to ATL. Chiro appt. need banana's, and I think I'd also like some more of that Chicken Fried Tofu. Will go nicely with the sweet potato, steamed mixed greens, and the last drop of the white peppered gravy that I have in the refrigerator!

Roger are you allergic to all tree nuts? And since peanuts aren't really a 'nut' can you eat them? I sure hope so or else I will spend the rest of the afternoon today feeling sorry for you!!! See, my world would be very unhappy without any nuts at all! Also, I am very sensitive to poison ivy, but can and do eat pistachios and mangos with no apparent issues. ?!?!??!

Ok..time is flying by... I'll be on the road at 10 a.m also...hope not to run into Ed, or anyone else while driving. I've had enough of that already!!!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    yC4CJR.jpg

uImrBL.jpg

1F6UzH.jpg

oIdf9A.jpg

jOcAux.jpg

q3cWZS.jpg

2cnroT.jpg

2iIBy0.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm home and with the snow falling I decided not to go walking and thus no money was found. The Temperature outside is 30 degrees.

OOPS
    https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/28/doctors-carried-emergency-c-section-crash-victim-48-wasnt-pregnant-8773864/
    Doctors carried out emergency c-section on crash victim, 48, who wasn’t pregnant

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47401439
    Family pug seized by town over unpaid debts and sold on eBay

https://www.bloombergquint.com/businessweek/america-s-cities-are-running-on-software-from-the-80s#gs.9fHerBaW
    America’s Cities Are Running on Software From the ’80s

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/27/theres-been-a-mysterious-surge-in-100-bills-in-circulation-possibly-linked-to-global-corruption.html
    There's been a mysterious surge in $100 bills in circulation, possibly linked to global corruption

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-parents-sleep-deprivation-parents-sleep-doesnt-recover-until-6-years-after-having-a-baby-study-finds/
    Parents' sleep doesn't recover for years after having a baby, study finds3

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2019/02/28/Meat-grown-in-labs-could-hit-the-market-this-year/3501551219166/
    Meat grown in labs could hit the market this year

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! Still got that third load of laundry to fold and put away, and I need to get out to buy a few things. I'll wait until about 10:00 and lighter traffic for that.
    Hello Ed
    Third Load of Laundry, When I get one load I do mine, since everything is colors I have no need to separate Whites from Colors. OTOH my brother has to do two on laundry day, Whites and Colors. Whites Get Bleach, Blueing and Boraxo in addition to Laundry Soap.

I would do that to if I had to drive through traffic, The only traffic I do drive in is the end of the rush hour when I go to Costco.
    VEGAN ASIAN UMAMI BURGER
    I shall pass on eating one of those as it sounds more expensive than the real thing, I had thought it was pulled pork until I read this "We made an amazing shredded jackfruit "pulled pork" burger with a mushroom and tofu based sauce"
    Unwrap 3 Mozart Balls & Put Them Directly On Top – Unforgettable!
    That is the first time I ever heard of Mozart Balls, Looking at the description for the " * Mozart Ball Cake: Marzipan & Chocolate Cream Dream *" makes it look to calorie laden for me :(
    8 Popular Foods We Don't Eat Anymore, Here's Why
    Interesting, The list shows these
    TV Dinners 0:35, Yes
    Congealed Salads 2:05, Nope
    SunnyD 3:46, Yes
    Hi-C 5:22, Yes
    Bubble Tape 6:33, No
    Ambrosia Salad 7:16, Yes
    Crisco 8:29, Yes In a pie Crust or to fry with
    Cottage Cheese 9:30, I still do and it seems popular in the dairy aisle to me.
    Take A Roll From The Bread Box & Tap It On The Counter Several Times – Pure Heaven!
    When I saw the preview image I wondered what they were going to do with a Portuguese Roll. I'm ambivalent regarding these, "* Fried Pasta Shell Bites Stuffed With Meatballs & Cheese Balls: Hearty Snack On A Stick *"
    The French Chef - SNL
    A useless show these days, It is time for them to retire Parody in favor of humor. Back when it was actually funny. While demonstrating how to bone a chicken on "The French Chef," Julia Child (Dan Aykroyd) has an accident with a very sharp knife, so she tries to improvise a tourniquet out of a chicken bone and kitchen items.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

I am sure you could make the bread and bake it in the oven. It might take a little bit longer, as most kitchens are not as warm as the interior of the bread maker and this will impact the rising times.

Since I can get the spatula all the way under the patties, and I try to wait until the first side is good and crisp, they don't fall apart.
    Since we are retired time waiting for the yeast to cause a bread to rise is not that important :smiley:
    As I recall when my brother makes bread he sits it in top of the refrigerator where it is warmer.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Just a quick hello...I need to step into t he shower and then get on the road to ATL. Chiro appt. need banana's, and I think I'd also like some more of that Chicken Fried Tofu. Will go nicely with the sweet potato, steamed mixed greens, and the last drop of the white peppered gravy that I have in the refrigerator!

Roger are you allergic to all tree nuts? And since peanuts aren't really a 'nut' can you eat them? I sure hope so or else I will spend the rest of the afternoon today feeling sorry for you!!! See, my world would be very unhappy without any nuts at all! Also, I am very sensitive to poison ivy, but can and do eat pistachios and mangos with no apparent issues. ?!?!??!

Ok..time is flying by... I'll be on the road at 10 a.m also...hope not to run into Ed, or anyone else while driving. I've had enough of that already!!!

Later...
    Hello Valerie
    The Nutritionist my brother sees told him he was eating too many Bananas.

I can eat most tree nuts, Black Walnuts and English Walnuts, Pecans, Hickory nuts, Brazil Nuts and more. Peanuts also do not bother me and as far as I can remember they are a legume and a Nitrogen fixer too.

Since I do my darnedest to steer clear of Poison Ivy I do not recall if I am sensitive or not, I likely am based on the nuts I am sensitive to.

Good Luck with the Chiro and shopping
    Roger