Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning!
    Waiting for the dishwasher to finish rinsing so I can 'hop' into the shower...see Roger, I can hop and jump up! jk!!!
    Hopping left me with a really really sore spine about 13 years ago, when Olivia was 2 and had learned to hop. She and I hopped all over the house that night. (baby sitting)...she was fine next morning...Grammie could hardly move! Jump up from a sitting position, generally means standing up faster than normal!!! LOL!!

Going to see Dr. Pat this afternoon, and then come straight home, because its Tuesday, and Jack will be calling at 4p. I have a couple of phone calls to make from the 'accident' almost 4 weeks ago....I'm waiting for my check also. Afraid it might be lost in the mail. It was sent 9-10 days ago...I mean why not??? One more danged thing...

I will be back later. Couple more emails needing attention have shown up sine I started here....also that video with the frozen stuff that was dipped in chocolate....It DID not need to see that!!! But, now seen its calling my name...loudly! LOL!! On another day it might have caused me to eat that last chocolate bar that's hidden way on the aux pantry. BUT, scale was so kind to me this morning that Nope, can't eat that. But it sure looked good! :)

Later...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    QEFpfZ.jpg

X2rtVC.gif

p1g6sB.jpg

yjhB0X.gif

9uR3Ib.jpg
    Hmm...

0R40Ei.gif

EOIpSF.jpg

4v83Is.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 25 degrees. The moon was visible, Not to visible due to clouds that thickened as I walked.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona/2019/02/18/grand-canyon-tourists-exposed-radiation-safety-manager-says/2876435002/
    Grand Canyon tourists exposed for years to radiation in museum building, safety manager says

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/investigates/foreign-ownership-of-thousands-of-us-aircraft-cloaked-in-secrecy/287-959247e4-3aba-4c0a-a83b-639145e81a64
    Foreign ownership of thousands of U.S. aircraft cloaked in secrecy
    Why does a small East Texas town called Onalaska have more than 1,000 registered aircraft - and no airport?

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article226423575.html
    DNA testing needed to identify mystery animal that attacked and killed NC teacher

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 6C/42F with an expected high of 6C/43F and 100% chance of precipitation.

I ran the dishwasher overnight and it has been unloaded, and I have already cleaned up yesterday's food bowls. I need to feed the felines.
    Hi Ed
    100% chance of precipitation, Snow turning into a mix and then rain.
    I really should do Laundry, OTOH motivation is lacking.
    Irish People Try British Beers
    That poor girl with all that metal in her head.
    You'll Jump For Joy When You Pull This Out Of The Freezer!
    Sweets :wink:
    Keto Bread Recipe
    Thanks, Low carb works for me :smiley:
    BEST PASTA RECIPES 🍝VEGAN
    I suspect that they are not low carb.
    FALAFEL BURGER | FEBURGERARY | THE HAPPY PEAR
    Pass on this one, I can eat real burgers, In fact I plan to pull a container with three cooked Hamburgers out of the freezer for later today and tomorrow.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    Waiting for the dishwasher to finish rinsing so I can 'hop' into the shower...see Roger, I can hop and jump up! jk!!!
    Hopping left me with a really really sore spine about 13 years ago, when Olivia was 2 and had learned to hop. She and I hopped all over the house that night. (baby sitting)...she was fine next morning...Grammie could hardly move! Jump up from a sitting position, generally means standing up faster than normal!!! LOL!!
    Hi Valerie
    I had something similar when I started my job in 1982 where I was unloading a trailer a day as part of the driving and delivery system. I was fine the first day, then I went to get out of bed for day two and sore was a understatement.

I tend to totter into the shower, it is a small one where I can reach out in all directions and touch the walls and not be at full extension. OTOH it does give a bit of comfort to be able to lean back against the wall and still be under the water from the shower head.

That brings up two questions. Am I the only one that takes the bar of soap when it gets to small and puts it into a plastic coffee cup to soften and swell for further use before turning it into a soap paste ?
    Second question, I seem to recall someone saying that Shampoo is good for cleaning soap scum ? I tried it on the glass door and had no success, that could be that I was doing it wrong ?
    Going to see Dr. Pat this afternoon, and then come straight home, because its Tuesday, and Jack will be calling at 4p. I have a couple of phone calls to make from the 'accident' almost 4 weeks ago....I'm waiting for my check also. Afraid it might be lost in the mail. It was sent 9-10 days ago...I mean why not??? One more danged thing...

I will be back later. Couple more emails needing attention have shown up sine I started here....also that video with the frozen stuff that was dipped in chocolate....It DID not need to see that!!! But, now seen its calling my name...loudly! LOL!! On another day it might have caused me to eat that last chocolate bar that's hidden way on the aux pantry. BUT, scale was so kind to me this morning that Nope, can't eat that. But it sure looked good! :)

Later...
    I hope the Doctor visit went well, The news last night covered a check that had been overlooked and then lost 4 years previously that the problem solving Lady on the TV station was able to get reissued. Of course the issuer did check to be sure it had never been cashed first. 9 to 10 days is a long time, unless the Atalanta mail is really slow compared to ours where mailing a payment to processing date is only a few days. I track both accounts with emails showing balances, deposits and checks processed.

Lucky me Frozen things dipped in chocolate do not tempt me. The Chocolate Bar can not be to hidden if You know that it is in the Aux pantry :smiley:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,207 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 3C/37F with an expected high of 7C/44F and 80% chance of precipitation.

I need to do all the usual stuff and may venture out for a few groceries.

Yesterday was just miserable. It was cold and rainy all day with intermittent thunder, some of it quite loud.

Still slowly eating the fudge I made for Valentine's day. J is eating a lot more of it than I am. I deliberately cut it into very small, bite size squares to make my portion control easier.

Breakfast was bacon and oatmeal.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good morning!
    So far my day has gone: Tom E. whining outside my very closed bedroom door...at about 6:30 a. Nope..finally I 'emerged' from my room and there he came across the living room...So fed Tom E. but he was right on my heels..let him out...even though it was not 'drizzling'..he was out, and back in before I could even get my coffee, banana, blueberry oatmeal to my desk...and there he was........ ETC.

I have a dishwasher to unload, and a load of clothes in the dryer, and that may be my 'work' for the day.

Surprised my oldest son didn't disown me. I set my phone on Do Not Disturb...while at Dr. Pat's...and forgot to take it off when I left Pat's...Jack called 3 different times... So, he was already home when I realized what I'd done. (and not for the first time either!) We had a quick call and will talk to him on Thursday afternoon!

Watched the make your own catsup this morning. Sorta smirking. Yes, he did save money over the expensive jar of catsup...but I believe he broke even on the grocery store bottle. What really cracked me up was he started with tomato paste...really?
    When I lived in VA I learned to make the best catsup, starting with whole tomatoes. (had a big garden then)...and it was not thick like store bought catsup, but was SOOOO good. Took some time to make, while the tomatoes cooked, etc.

If I manage to come by a large bunch of ripe tomatoes I just might make more this summer! Any time I remember a recipe for 50 years...you can bet it was good!

Rainy drizzle, gray and none too warm. A great day to stay home!

Oh, he's back...ok... its kitty time.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    2Dbmel.gif

cG9uWj.gif

FZbpLM.jpg

OWPybM.gif

a7NzIr.gif

xQTWBl.gif

AI7b7E.jpg

YeGGxt.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 34 degrees. The moon was semi visible due to clouds.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/02/18/polar-vortex-killed-stink-bugs/
    Researchers: Polar Vortex May Kill Off 95 Percent Of Stink Bugs

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/02/19/petition-to-sell-montana-to-canada/
    Petition To Sell Montana To Canada For $1 Trillion Goes Viral

http://www.thedrive.com/news/26559/virgin-atlantic-boeing-787-dreamliner-hits-801-mph-over-pennsylvania-thanks-to-jet-stream-tailwind
    Virgin Atlantic Boeing 787 Dreamliner Hits 801 MPH Over Pennsylvania, Thanks to Jet Stream
    Nothing like a little breeze at your airliner's back to make it look like you're going supersonic.

https://youtu.be/CwxGDdsI_bU
    Watch the Boeing 787 Dreamliner Swoop and Soar Like a Fighter Jet
    A very large fighter jet. That can hold up to 420 very airsick people

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2019/02/dna-books-artifacts/582814/
    The Lab Discovering DNA in Old Books
    Artifacts have genetic material hidden inside, which can help scientists understand the past.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/fake-milk-real-news-synthetic-alternatives-threaten-traditional-dairy-farms-n973236Fake milk is real news, as synthetic alternatives threaten traditional dairy farms
    To prevent consumers from becoming confused between regular milk and plant-based milk, dairy farmers are asking the FDA to enforce the definition of milk as “lacteal secretion from milking one or more healthy cows."

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 3C/37F with an expected high of 7C/44F and 80% chance of precipitation.

I need to do all the usual stuff and may venture out for a few groceries.

Yesterday was just miserable. It was cold and rainy all day with intermittent thunder, some of it quite loud.

Still slowly eating the fudge I made for Valentine's day. J is eating a lot more of it than I am. I deliberately cut it into very small, bite size squares to make my portion control easier.

Breakfast was bacon and oatmeal.
    Good Morning Ed
    The weather yesterday was a forecast. When I went out the door walking this morning I wore my insulated Waterproof Boots with a nicely aggressive tread. I will say that they are much heavier than what I usually wear so on my return home I sat and rested for a while before getting on here.

I am not going today to CostCo as I have one days worth of something I use including Paper Goods and Frozen Vegetables, therefore CostCo tomorrow giving things a chance to dry up as the snow melts due to the forecast high in the 50s.

At least we did not have Thunder only snow from midmorning to when we both decided to retire a little early.

Small Portions works...

You have described a part of one of my brothers breakfasts. Bacon cooked then onions and egg added as well as Steel Cut Oatmeal cooked with some Cinnamon.
    VEGAN BAJI BURGER | FEBURGERARY with EPIVEGAN
    If I said that Purple stuff looks weird in the sandwich ?
    Low Carb Crack Slaw - BEEF vs. CHICKEN - SO GOOD!
    I never heard of that, a Interesting sounding low carb meal.

The ULTIMATE JAPANESE FOOD BATTLE
    Hmm... What weirdness will they be up to ?
    How To Make Homemade Ketchup - Sugar Free, Keto & Paleo - Bobby's Kitchen Basics
    I have had regular Home Made Ketchup, Just one of many home canned foods that my grandparents made with foods from the garden, Canned Green Beans, Beets, Tomatoes, Apples, Pears, Cherries and Grape Jam (Jelly) and more. They had a great garden. including a Rhubarb patch.

Have a Good Day
    Roger