Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,207 Member
    edited February 2019
    I have actually gone to the dark side myself and remember Val trying it out, at least for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dckiJ-vycpY
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning...2 days in a row I beat the clock and posted before noon!

Not much happening here... rainy, gray...etc.
    Even Tom E. doesn't want to stay outside for the day...Yesterday he was more than happy to be out in the sunshine!

Jack may be dropping by after they go to church. Meanwhile, I am planning a 'brunch' for today. Tofu scramble, and an orange, maybe salad....

Back later to watch the video's and read articles..

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Tonight I tossed this together.I don't quite know what to call it. It's something between a frittata and a quiche.

I started by preheating the oven to 350, while slowly caramelizing a large onion, diced, with several cloves of garlic, minced, in a 10 1/2 inch cast iron skillet, with half a stick of butter.

Meanwhile I peeled and thinly sliced a large Russet potato and parboiled the slices to soften them some but not fully cook them.

I removed the onions and garlic to a bowl, melted some more butter in the skillet, and layered the potatoes to cover the bottom of the skillet, setting the skillet back on the burner to let the potatoes begin to brown, lightly seasoning the potatoes.

After spreading the caramelized onions and garlic over the layer of potatoes, I stirred together 4 extra large eggs, some shredded cheese, and the rest of that opened carton of whole milk.

I poured that mixture over the stuff already in the skillet and then mixed more shredded cheese with some bread crumbs and sprinkled that all over the top.

I moved the skillet from the stove top to the preheated 350 degree oven and baked it about 35 minutes, until the top was all puffy and golden brown.

After cooling for 10 minutes, to firm up, dinner was served.

lxuer8xdr4jv.png

hetdapgz4hm0.png
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    fmDgKd.jpg

Xg05Yn.gif

CICcsi.jpg
    I have seen better Photoshoping, The word Tide is to sharp :smiley:

lvgnut.gif

alm6ZI.jpg

DdHH23.gif

ACyrGz.jpg

iMBUl7.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 35 degrees. The possible snow in the forecast has not made an appearance, Possibly North of here. The Rain started before 10PM and is still falling.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/760102/titanic-replica-disaster-china-rms-romandisea-qi-river-wuchang-shipbuilding-pictures
    Titanic II taking shape as £125 MILLION exact replica of disaster ship built in China

https://www.bloombergquint.com/business/u-s-student-debt-in-serious-delinquency-tops-166-billion#gs.Zvspext4
    U.S. Student Debt in ‘Serious Delinquency’ Tops $166 Billion

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/talkingtech/2019/02/16/amazon-looks-control-your-smart-home-echo-ring-eero-and-more/2875867002/
    From Echo to Ring doorbell and Fire TV, are you comfortable Amazon with controlling your smart home?

https://www.studyfinds.org/men-more-than-40-push-ups-heart-disease/
    Men Who Can Do More Than 40 Push-Ups Far Less Likely To Develop Heart Disease

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! 9C/48F with an expected high of 10C/50F and 90$ chance of precipitation.

I may go to a memorial service this afternoon but really don't want to go anywhere. Too darn many people dying!
    Hi Ed
    I agree, if I could end death I would, I am not sure why but memorial services and the funeral really bother me :(
    Looks Like Pineapple, Right? You Won't Believe What It R...
    It looked like Pineapple to me :blush:

Low Carb CHEESECAKE BATTLE - The BEST Keto Cheesecake Recipe!
    That reminds me I wish I had thought to get a Aunts 2 Cheesecake Recipes, One was for a really good Cheesecake and the other was one she she fixed for my Diabetic Uncle :(
    Dollar Tree Chicken Sausage YOU WON'T BELIEVE THESE! - WHAT ARE WE EATING?? - The Wolfe Pit
    Dollar Tree's Chop House Gourmet Meats Apple Infused Chicken Sausages and Jalapeno Cheddar Chicken Sausage ? Gourmet is not a word I would associate with any of the frozen or refrigerated foods sold at Dollar Tree, Some are OK and some...
    How to Make Cheesy Crispy Eggs | Keto Brunch Recipe
    I was thinking of not watching this one, However Keto fits my goal of keeping Carbs low so watch I shall.
    I have actually gone to the dark side myself and remember Val trying it out, at least for a while.
    I do watch some of Linus's videos, I missed this one, Thanks
    Tonight I tossed this together.I don't quite know what to call it. It's something between a frittata and a quiche.

I started by preheating the oven to 350, while slowly caramelizing a large onion, diced, with several cloves of garlic, minced, in a 10 1/2 inch cast iron skillet, with half a stick of butter.

Meanwhile I peeled and thinly sliced a large Russet potato and parboiled the slices to soften them some but not fully cook them.

I removed the onions and garlic to a bowl, melted some more butter in the skillet, and layered the potatoes to cover the bottom of the skillet, setting the skillet back on the burner to let the potatoes begin to brown, lightly seasoning the potatoes.

After spreading the caramelized onions and garlic over the layer of potatoes, I stirred together 4 extra large eggs, some shredded cheese, and the rest of that opened carton of whole milk.

I poured that mixture over the stuff already in the skillet and then mixed more shredded cheese with some bread crumbs and sprinkled that all over the top.

I moved the skillet from the stove top to the preheated 350 degree oven and baked it about 35 minutes, until the top was all puffy and golden brown.

After cooling for 10 minutes, to firm up, dinner was served.
    That looks tasty and Your description of the ingredients and cooking process is close to what I thought it was when I looked at it. Just curious what type of shredded cheese, White American or Mozzarella ? Plenty of Butter too :smiley:

Four Servings ?

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning...2 days in a row I beat the clock and posted before noon!

Not much happening here... rainy, gray...etc.
    Even Tom E. doesn't want to stay outside for the day...Yesterday he was more than happy to be out in the sunshine!

Jack may be dropping by after they go to church. Meanwhile, I am planning a 'brunch' for today. Tofu scramble, and an orange, maybe salad....

Back later to watch the video's and read articles..

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    Looks the same here too, I could hear the planes going over low in what is a landing pattern, Looking up I could not see them as the clouds are really low.

I do not blame Your cat for not wanting to stay outdoors given Your description of the weather. I seem to remember that Your weather is not looking that nice for the week ?

Brunch sounds like a good plan to me, Enjoy
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2019
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! 7C/45F with an expected high of 12C/54F and 20% chance of morning showers.

If I want a nap it needs to be this morning as we are taking some cats for routine vet stuff this afternoon.

I used a shredded Mexican blend in last night's layered dinner. White and orange colored.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    edited February 2019
  • parityanimal
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning!
    I'd have been here sooner, but fell into the Vegan Video's Trap!! LOL! Some neat ideas...but some totally eluded me! Oh well..I think I may actually try the jerk burger mix, probably would be good with just the catsup.
    Not raining now, that's coming later today. Tomorrow, afternoon showers, etc. I'm not seeing any major amounts of rain at least not in the next few days. Hopefully their dour predictions of 4-6 inches of rain in ATL is flat out wrong!
    Interesting thing on my street yesterday...some possibly teen ager, was walking thru the cul-de-sac and stopped by my yard to pick a few of my daffodils...What?? I reached up and opened the blinds and I could see that she clearly saw someone was watching...so she sorta nonchalantly dances her self over to the mail box and sticks one of the daffodils between the flag and the box...then she dances herself over to Lu's crepe myrtle and puts another one there....she looked around the circle, and picked a whole fistful of Capri's Daffodils. At that point I called 911. I don't know if they actually came out or not. But she did go back down the street. About a month ago we had a 'dancer' with a phone and earbuds dancing all around the cul de sac. She didn't seem to go into anyone's yards, and there weren't any flowers at that point. I have to wonder if there is a house in the area where hard drugs are available. For sure it wasn't pot.
    Reason I called 911..Lu wasn't home, house on other side is empty (for sale), I don't know if Capri was home or not, and the Dominicans on her other side were not home.....I was sorta feeling like the lone crone over here!

Tom's crying at the door, and wants to go outside. I offered him the chance a bit ago and he turned away and walked into the living room....now I guess I'm supposed to jump up and let him out??? OK, I'll let him outside! :)

Later...(couple of articles I'd like to look at.)
  • RogerToo
    vQ7AiM.jpg

XuFlF8.gif

UvEfGN.jpg

rIxeKn.gif

vPrwXC.jpg

p63H6K.gif

sG9zbI.jpg

3Dv66X.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 27 degrees with a light wind. There was this big white glowing thing in the sky when I went out the door and it was still showing on my return home around 5:50 AM :)

https://nypost.com/2019/02/16/manhattan-atms-are-absolutely-riddled-with-bacteria/
    Manhattan ATMs are absolutely riddled with bacteria

https://nypost.com/2019/02/06/bank-employee-used-atm-loophole-to-score-1m-in-free-cash/
    Bank employee used ATM loophole to score $1M in ‘free’ cash

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8445285/burnt-toast-more-toxic-traffic-fumes/
    BROWN BREAD BREKKIE Burnt toast could be more toxic than TRAFFIC FUMES, scientists warn
    Researchers in the US found the least harmful way to make toast was to turn the bread a light golden brown rather than burning it

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! 7C/45F with an expected high of 12C/54F and 20% chance of morning showers.

If I want a nap it needs to be this morning as we are taking some cats for routine vet stuff this afternoon.

I used a shredded Mexican blend in last night's layered dinner. White and orange colored.
    Hello Ed
    Good Luck with that Nap, I would find trying to get one in the morning nigh unto impossible :smiley:
    Yet another vegan burger!
    It looks OK, However reading the description shows Pineapple, I think I would pass on the Pineapple, a Burger Vegan or otherwise should not be sweet IMO.
    And some vegan sandwiches!
    Interesting, I see from the description that three of then use Jackfruit.
    How To Make Cauliflower Bagels | A Grain Free + Low Carb Recipe
    I love Bagels, My waistline on the other hand does not, I will be interested in viewing this one. Now If I can only convince my brother who handles 90% + of the baking to make some for me if the Video looks good.

10 Coca-Cola Drinks That Embarrassed The Company
    And here I had used the Garlic Coke picture, Oh well, Too late to change it now.
    Garlic Bread - Low Carb, Keto Diet Fast Food!
    Garlic Bread, Yum !

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    I'd have been here sooner, but fell into the Vegan Video's Trap!! LOL! Some neat ideas...but some totally eluded me! Oh well..I think I may actually try the jerk burger mix, probably would be good with just the catsup.
    Not raining now, that's coming later today. Tomorrow, afternoon showers, etc. I'm not seeing any major amounts of rain at least not in the next few days. Hopefully their dour predictions of 4-6 inches of rain in ATL is flat out wrong!
    Interesting thing on my street yesterday...some possibly teenager, was walking thru the cul-de-sac and stopped by my yard to pick a few of my daffodils...What?? I reached up and opened the blinds and I could see that she clearly saw someone was watching...so she sorta nonchalantly dances her self over to the mail box and sticks one of the daffodils between the flag and the box...then she dances herself over to Lu's crepe myrtle and puts another one there....she looked around the circle, and picked a whole fistful of Capri's Daffodils. At that point I called 911. I don't know if they actually came out or not. But she did go back down the street. About a month ago we had a 'dancer' with a phone and earbuds dancing all around the cul de sac. She didn't seem to go into anyone's yards, and there weren't any flowers at that point. I have to wonder if there is a house in the area where hard drugs are available. For sure it wasn't pot.
    Reason I called 911..Lu wasn't home, house on other side is empty (for sale), I don't know if Capri was home or not, and the Dominicans on her other side were not home.....I was sorta feeling like the lone crone over here!
    Hello Valerie
    I hope that prediction for rain totals is wrong, That could be a problem, The Atlanta area seems to either get to much or not enough rain from what I see reported.

My brother tends to keep an eye out the window in the living room, often getting up to see if he does not recognize what he sees. There have been reports on the news from other areas in the Metro New York that people masquerading as sales types knock on the doors and if no answer they go into the backyards and break into the home.

We had a Pushy Solar power type at the door a while back, It seems that someone called the police as two prowl cars showed up, spent some time while the "salesman" sat on the curb working his phone, eventually he got a lecture and a ticket. My guess is that they ran a check on him and the company and that the ticket was that they had not gotten a Peddlers permit beforehand. Once the police were done with him he ended up standing on the corner for a while before being picked up by a company marked van. My Other guess is that the dropped of a bunch of door to door sales people all over town.

FWIW we have a policy of never buying from door to door sales type or from a phone call. Not to mention that they go on a never buy from these people list which we explain to them :wink:
    Tom's crying at the door, and wants to go outside. I offered him the chance a bit ago and he turned away and walked into the living room....now I guess I'm supposed to jump up and let him out??? OK, I'll let him outside! :)

Later...(couple of articles I'd like to look at.)
    I am guessing that You are not surprised by Tom's behavior, Contrary Cat that he is. Jump Up, You are in better shape than either of us if You can jump up :smiley:

Have a Nice Day, Enjoy Your articles
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 6C/42F with an expected high of 6C/43F and 100% chance of precipation.

I ran the dishwasher overnight and it has been unloaded, and I have already cleaned up yesterday's food bowls. I need to feed the felines.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...