Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    RRh5Qs.gif

yNJaXk.gif

UyqkvT.jpg

0T9QZu.gif

z72f6o.jpg

ufdMlg.gif

Rc5EoU.gif

O3jkz5.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 33 degrees. I decided to walk and so far the snow in the forecast has not made its appearance. According to this mornings weather forecast Only Central and North NJ will see snow that turns to sleet and rain with the south NJ areas seeing rain. It looked as if we are in the 1 to 3 inch of snow before the changeover.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/feb/10/john-kirk-martin-county-kentucky-sheriff-suspends-/
    Kentucky sheriff suspends all law enforcement over lack of funding

https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-environment/428776-power-grid-serving-65-million-may-be-at-risk-in-east-midwest
    Power grid serving 65 million may be at risk in East, Midwest

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/feb/09/why-spanish-sleeping-habits-under-strain
    Siesta no more? Why Spanish sleeping habits are under strain
    Spaniards eat later and stay up longer than their European neighbours because of the siesta. But now that’s under threat

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi!
    Morning went by in a flash of phone calls, etc. etc. Cleaned bathrooms, meant to mop the front hall, but, that's when the phone went nuts... I'm really over Doctors...all of them, (well except Dr. Pat my Chiro)
    Oh, well. Think that's all under control now. And I know they all think they are doing this for my best....
    Missed my nap time this afternoon, ? maybe? LOL!
    No news here, just a dreary day...which will be better than Tues and Wednesday...showers and drizzle and rain. Dr. appointments both days too. lovely.

Sugar and yes to a degree fat are both addictive. Sugar sets off the same part of the brain as Heroine. Don't think fat does that? I do think that kicking sugar is every bit as hard, maybe more, that quitting cigarettes. And THAT was a chore!

Thinking I'll come back to the articles and video's...somebody please tell Emmy her mouth is not big enough to eat whatever that is she's holding up!!! Will be curious as to what that is...

Later...
    Hello Valerie
    I am seeing on the home page that I go here from that there are 14 new posts since yesterday when I posted. Since I only see one from You that means that Ed has been busy :wink:

I'm guessing that all those phone calls were doctors calling since yesterday started the week ?

Dreary Days are marginally OK if You can sit inside looking out. Having to be out and about in rain, Pass.

I'm not totally sure regarding fat on the other hand in the past I used a lot of Sugar and Half and half or whole cream on my cereal not to mention slathering on the butter on bread or lots into Mashed Potatoes and Baked Potatoes. Butter being my preference vs Sour Cream that I never developed a taste for.

Quitting Cigarettes was one thing I never dealt with, Dad and my Brother both smoked until one day they quit cold turkey.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 3C/38F with an expected high of 12C/55F and 40% chance of mostly p.m. showers.

I need to do all the usual stuff and might need to get out to buy a few things.
    Hi Ed
    $1.00 Kahiki Rockin' Egg Rolls - WHAT ARE WE EATING? - The Wolfe Pit
    I got the feeling that they surprised Mr. Wolfe and that he liked them.
    Chinese Fried Sesame Balls
    I have had them in the past and they were tasty.
    GIANT TAKOYAKI 🐙Octopus Balls Recipe & MEGA Takoyaki Maker Gadget Test
    Way big to be stuffing into Your mouth that way and they lost me at Octopus Balls, No Thanks
    How to Make the Ultimate Italian-Style Turkey Meatballs and Kale Caesar Salad
    The Preview screen shows Diner Style Favorites, Nothing I ever saw on a menu at a Diner.
    I suspect that my one Grandmother would be turning over in her grave at Turkey Meatballs.
    Can This Chef Recreate My Childhood Cookie?
    I could be wrong but likely yes a good chef can come close to or recreate something based description.
    RogerToo wrote: »

Diet, Yesterday was not great for me, My brother picked up some of the hot foods at the Grocery Store. One meatball, I do not know how they managed it but the darn thing was tough. One over a inch thick slice off of a big meatloaf, How they could call what was entirely Ground Beef meatloaf in a gravy with onions is beyond me, And a Thin Cut Pork Chop in a gravy with button mushrooms. Ha no wonder the scale was up 0.5 pounds this morning, I just looked at the receipt and that weighed 1.23 pounds and guess who ate it all yesterday :( Yup You guessed it.

Roger

Ah, yes, the ever tricky meatball. Coincidentally, one of today's videos will explain how they managed a tough meatball as it is actually easy to accidentally do. Pay attention to the chatter as they make the turkey meatballs!

Sugar and fat are both addictive!
    If I said that was the first tough meatball I remember having be it homemade or store bought...
    Back down this morning to what I weighed Sunday Morning, Likely due to most of that food being proteins except for whatever gravy soaked into the meats.
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

12C/54F with an expected high of 18C/65F and 100% chance of precipitation.

Need to do all the usual and try to get that last load of laundry finally folded and put away!
    Stay Dry and Warm, It could be a bit of a cold rain depending on when it falls.
    DIY LOVE SAUSAGE - bacon-wrapped-heart-shaped-fried-egg-filled sausages - Valentine's Day Recipe
    Looks and sounds OK to me, Sausage, Bacon and Eggs, Except that the Egg Yolks do not look cooked, Yes You caught me I prefer my Yolks cooked, Which is a change from when I was Young when I liked them runny to dip my toast into.
    Why You Should Absolutely Never Eat The Food At Starbucks
    I am going to go with the foods are Carbohydrate loaded, Full of calories and fats until I watch the Video.
    Draw A Large 2 On The Pan & Your Dinner Guests Will Be Amazed
    I though they looked like a Cream Puff being filled.
    The Biggest Mistakes People Make When Shopping At Aldi
    I am guessing that the answer is Impulse buys ?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hello from the sunny south....er, wrong day for that!! Rain, fog, etc all wet stuff. Rain gauge says 0.65 inches today. I know for a relative short time span, we got a pretty good downpour!
    Fortunately my Chiro appt. was early enough that I was home and eating lunch before it started. :) Dr. Pat is pleased with my progress. I took her the written report of my CT scan. and the second x-ray showing healing happening! The CT shows arthritis in C4 & C5. I asked her if that isn't what my initial injury was 30 +
    years ago. Yep it was. That is how I met Dr. Pat! Bent over at work one night to write on the top of a box, and couldn't stand back up. Several of us at the Red Cross went to her...(the initial injury was attempting to carry some wet big bags of garden soil up to my 2nd floor apartment one afternoon.) But she said that the arthritis was very slow forming...Yea fruits and veggies!

Tomorrow I meet the Ortho Doc. Not looking forward to that. If all goes well tomorrow, (meaning no cast on leg) then Ted will be going back home to live in ATL. I know he's ready to go home. And I'll enjoy my little house again..BUT I most certianly will miss him being around too.

Ed...are those clothes folded and put away? Funny that we all 3 seem to have 'laundry issues'. So far I'm caught up...folding and putting away has been most of my activity these past 3 weeks. And letting the cat in and out. :)

Roger, hope your weather holds as predicted and you miss a big snow storm. I'm tired of snow, and we haven't had even the first flake!! LOL!!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,206 Member
    eing around too.

Ed...are those clothes folded and put away? Funny that we all 3 seem to have 'laundry issues'. So far I'm caught up...folding and putting away has been most of my activity these past 3 weeks. And letting the cat in and out. :)

They are folded and put away, though that almost didn't happen today. While my frozen chili was warming up slowly, I did finally get that done. They were washed Sunday!
  • RogerToo
    3ZUgqT.jpg
    Failure to Check spelling

KfsLl2.gif

xSLQbI.jpg

qjzIgq.gif

Uxx5cZ.jpg
    ???

p3nK4Q.gif

OVH2Tl.jpg

TuYh3O.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 35 degrees. I decided to walk after checking traction underfoot. Due to the slush I did wear the insulated waterproof boots that have a decent grip on the surface due to a deep tread pattern.

https://moneywise.com/a/ch-b/people-cant-flee-these-us-cities-fast-enough?t=The American Cities Where People Just Don't Want To Live Anymore&utm_campaign=1513041&utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=Desktop&utm_term=hearstlocalnews-sfgatecom&utm_content=134861242
    The American Cities Where People Just Don't Want To Live Anymore

https://sputniknews.com/world/201902111072315126-mount-sinai-location-in-saudi-arabia-documentary/
    Saudis Are Hiding the Real Location of Mount Sinai, Bible Researchers Claim

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/feb/10/plummeting-insect-numbers-threaten-collapse-of-nature
    Plummeting insect numbers 'threaten collapse of nature'
    Exclusive: Insects could vanish within a century at current rate of decline, says global review
    Why are insects in decline, and can we do anything about it?

https://www.apnews.com/b815a808f6e3431fa262a414512efdd2
    Dog DNA testing takes off, and generates debate

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/watch-what-next-georgia-might-tax-netflix-and-downloads/4v12VCHoefdEWQJTmggvJI/
    Watch what’s next: Georgia might tax Netflix and downloads

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/11/chicago-most-corrupt-city/
    Chicago Is The Most Corrupt American City: Report

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/02/11/french-mayor-issues-barking-ban-village-following-complaints/
    French mayor issues 'barking ban' in village following complaints about rowdy dogs

https://www.wate.com/news/national-world/heaven-has-a-wall-grocery-store-ad-mailer-stirs-controversy/1770130859
    Heaven has a wall: Grocery store ad mailer stirs controversy

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hello from the sunny south....er, wrong day for that!! Rain, fog, etc all wet stuff. Rain gauge says 0.65 inches today. I know for a relative short time span, we got a pretty good downpour!
    Fortunately my Chiro appt. was early enough that I was home and eating lunch before it started. :) Dr. Pat is pleased with my progress. I took her the written report of my CT scan. and the second x-ray showing healing happening! The CT shows arthritis in C4 & C5. I asked her if that isn't what my initial injury was 30 +
    years ago. Yep it was. That is how I met Dr. Pat! Bent over at work one night to write on the top of a box, and couldn't stand back up. Several of us at the Red Cross went to her...(the initial injury was attempting to carry some wet big bags of garden soil up to my 2nd floor apartment one afternoon.) But she said that the arthritis was very slow forming...Yea fruits and veggies!
    Hi Valerie
    I'll go with the Sunny South, it sounds nicer :wink: Rain :(

IMO sometimes it is worth paying more per pound to buy lighter bags of things that need to be shifted from here to there, Especially worth it as I get older and hopefully wiser.

Slow forming arthritis does not sound so bad. Yesterday had a raw uncomfortable feel to it even indoors at 73 it felt cold to my brother & I.
    Tomorrow I meet the Ortho Doc. Not looking forward to that. If all goes well tomorrow, (meaning no cast on leg) then Ted will be going back home to live in ATL. I know he's ready to go home. And I'll enjoy my little house again..BUT I most certainly will miss him being around too.

Roger, hope your weather holds as predicted and you miss a big snow storm. I'm tired of snow, and we haven't had even the first flake!! LOL!!

Later...
    Good Luck at the ortho. Little House ? I watch some of the house flipping shows and what they think of as a little house have 1200 square feet or more. This house is 900 square feet on the ground floor due to a addition back in the 50s and others in the neighborhood are around 600 square feet. This is not counting the attic or basement for them.

The weather was not as predicted, The snow never really accumulated around here, it waffled back and forth between snow, sleet and rain and ended up around a inch deep for a lot of the state. The overnight temperatures kept if from being too bad outside if somewhat slushy. On my return home I cleaned the balance of the snow off of the car, it had already slid off of the Trunk and hood and the sides.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    eing around too.

They are folded and put away, though that almost didn't happen today. While my frozen chili was warming up slowly, I did finally get that done. They were washed Sunday!
    Hi Ed
    We tend to put the frozen items in the refrigerator to defrost, Items such as meat portions or the Pea Soup come to mind.

Last night my brother warned me not to use the pea soup in the refrigerator as ha had left it out on the counter overnight and it did not sit well when he used some of it the next day, I do appreciate the warning as he has a cast iron stomach and if it bothered him what would it have done to me ?

Looking at my laundry basket it is about 1/2 full so no rush to do laundry for a few more days, maybe Saturday or Sunday, Sunday while my brother runs to the ShopRite on his Sunday grocery run.

FWIW the news broadcast last night said some items would be going up in price. Surprise, Surprise, Not.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,206 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 2C/36F with an expected high of 13C/54F and 0% chance of precipitation.

I went nowhere yesterday but today sounds like a good day to go shopping.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning..
    A quick hello before I head to the shower. Today is meet Ortho Doc and get his opinion on my healing right, broken leg. I DO NOT WANT A CAST....maybe I should write that on my leg???? LOL!

Looks sunny outside. but my weather thingy, (Another annoying Tech Name :) ) says its only 40 degrees. Humm, no sun bathing today..LOL again!

Doesn't surprise me that GA would tax Netflix, etc. THey'd tax the very air we breathe if they could... I was surprised to see that the Gov. was not supportive of the idea. A check + for him.

Not much else happening. Cat still snuggling with Ted in the mornings. :) Its really funny.
    I need to go outside if just to breathe for awhile..need some fresh air. Will consider that later today.

Again, haven't really investigated all the video's and articles...and then there are the 30 emails in my mail box, and an hour lecture I'd like to watch, etc. I did watch the dog show last night...that was fun...love seeing the dogs all primped and on their best behavior... I know nothing about the ins and outs of judging dogs, but was a bit surprised at the Best In Show winner. I'd have bet money on a couple of the other dogs... :)

Later...