Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning!
    Windy out there..Ted started our morning by asking me if I wanted to go fly a kite!! He was also being snuggled by Tom E. I looked at Tom E, who was staring at me, and said "Fickle cat' LOL. His dog is none to happy with that arrangement! I've offered to let Ted take the cat home with him.....(close your eyes Ed) Ted is not a fan of cats! So this is doubly funny.

The sun was out, but now it seems to be getting overcast, or cloudy? not sure. Not going out to find out either!

Roger rest easy...my Insurance covers me driving my car or someone else's car. Not a biggy. I did call them and they emailed me a temp card, and other stuff to keep in the car til they send me the real deal in the mail.
    Roger laughingly said "No Skateboarding or 5K run, What ever will You do to pass the day ? :wink:" The answer is 'LAUNDRY" LOL!!

Ed, you're making a pretty big 'carrot' with the Aldi's pancakes. I don't eat them often enough to justify having a large bag of them, but it sounds wonderful. I'll leave the sausage patties for you! :)

I think next week we are going to see rain again...Ted set up my indoor/outdoor temp, rain, humidity gauge...and it hasn't rained since! I was beginning to believe I needed to take it down for a day or so!
    My yard has just sprung into full blown spring these past few days. Lenten rose, daphne, perennial periwinkle, daffodils in clumps all over the place, etc. I need to prune my roses back before 'real' spring happens, also will commit 'crape murder' on the crape myrtle that I cut back every year...and the butterfly bush...the list is long!

Will be back later today and watch the video's!
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    lx7UmV.jpg

glc2fA.gif

6tTAMA.gif

AyO8Ou.gif

PHiUSy.png

udBNHu.gif

XvZK8h.gif

d4cjcQ.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 29 degrees. Yesterday afternoon the wind gusts started and this morning while walking the wind gusts and hence the wind chill were still ongoing making it only semi comfortable walking.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/02/07/worst-cities-america-50-places-named-least-desirable-call-home/39006457/
    These are the worst cities to live in America. Is yours one of them?

https://metro.co.uk/2019/02/07/millennials-prefer-music-20th-century-golden-age-pop-today-research-reveals-8462993/
    Millennials prefer music from 20th century ‘golden age’ to the pop of today,

https://www.rt.com/news/450315-south-africa-lost-city-kweneng/?utm_source=miximedia&utm_medium=miximedia&utm_campaign=Miximedia
    200-year-old lost city discovered under South African foliage

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/frozen-and-unresponsive-cat-pulls-off-extraordinary-recovery-after-being-trapped-in-huge-snowbank/70007371
    'Frozen and unresponsive' cat pulls off extraordinary recovery after being trapped in huge snowbank

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article225622500.html
    Mutant squirrels? Seldom seen breed in east NC capable of ‘glowing pink,’ experts say

Have a Great Saturday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! 11C/51F with (according to the Weather Channel page) an expected high of 10C/55F and 20% chance of precipitation. 10C would be 50F, or 55F would be 13C. I guess we'll find out which high temperature(s) are correct later.

I need to get yesterday's food bowls cleaned up and feed the felines. I might get out today but might not.

Of course I would like a nap.
    Hi Ed
    I would love for today's weather to be in the 50s. Yesterday the High temperature was a bit early and then it started dropping throughout the rest of the day and overnight.

*Tabbouleh Tart: Middle Eastern Dumplings Stuffed With Meat & Vegetables*
    I took a quick look at the recipe and except that for these, - ½ red bell pepper - ½ green bell pepper It looks OK.

Stacks of Pancakes, hmm...
    Canned Breakfast Sausage....You Won't Believe What's In It!? - WHAT ARE WE EATING?? - The Wolfe Pit
    I like the Wolfe Pit videos, the food in this one it does not look edible.
    3 Baked Potato Recipes Compared (20 mins vs 45 mins vs 2 hours!?)
    Three awesome baked potato recipes. A 20 minute version with a light tuna mayo topping. A vegetarian baked sweet potato with refried beans, sour cream and a crumble of feta. Or a pro, twice baked, four cheese potato...which one would you try out at home?
    I would try the last one first them minus the sour cream the Vegetarian one and pass on the one with the light Tuna Mayo.

Irish People Try German Snacks
    OK, I wonder what they'll think of them ?

RogerToo wrote: »

Hi Ed
    Just curious as to what type of breakfast sausage, My brother likes the big fat ones and I prefer the small links, either precooked and frozen or the small links that need cooking, I do not recall the brand of those that I see in the Grocery store.

Roger

I like them all, but these were precooked large, thin patties from Aldi. Frozen pancakes from there too. The pancakes come in a large bag filled with packs of three so one pack can be toasted in just a few minutes, in the toaster oven, and two sausage patties take just ninety seconds in the microwave oven.
    Oops, I forgot to mention the Sausage Patties, I like them too :smile: I picked up Eggo Waffles at a good price by using the Coupon in the Circular, I'm trying to decide between them or a NS breakfast English Muffins with Egg, Cheese and Turkey "Canadian Bacon"

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    Windy out there..Ted started our morning by asking me if I wanted to go fly a kite!! He was also being snuggled by Tom E. I looked at Tom E, who was staring at me, and said "Fickle cat' LOL. His dog is none to happy with that arrangement! I've offered to let Ted take the cat home with him.....(close your eyes Ed) Ted is not a fan of cats! So this is doubly funny.

The sun was out, but now it seems to be getting overcast, or cloudy? not sure. Not going out to find out either!

Roger rest easy...my Insurance covers me driving my car or someone else's car. Not a biggy. I did call them and they emailed me a temp card, and other stuff to keep in the car til they send me the real deal in the mail.
    Roger laughingly said "No Skateboarding or 5K run, What ever will You do to pass the day ? :wink:" The answer is 'LAUNDRY" LOL!!
    Hi Valerie
    It always helps to have the ID card for the car insurance. Here in NJ even if You have valid insurance not having the card with you is a ticket-able offense that is hard to defend against if You choose to go to court.

Go Fly a Kite :smiley:

Trying to get rid of Your Cat huh :wink:
    Ed, you're making a pretty big 'carrot' with the Aldi's pancakes. I don't eat them often enough to justify having a large bag of them, but it sounds wonderful. I'll leave the sausage patties for you! :)

I think next week we are going to see rain again...Ted set up my indoor/outdoor temp, rain, humidity gauge...and it hasn't rained since! I was beginning to believe I needed to take it down for a day or so!
    My yard has just sprung into full blown spring these past few days. Lenten rose, daphne, perennial periwinkle, daffodils in clumps all over the place, etc. I need to prune my roses back before 'real' spring happens, also will commit 'crape murder' on the crape myrtle that I cut back every year...and the butterfly bush...the list is long!

Will be back later today and watch the video's!
    I can tell when batteries in my remote sensor for temperature on the porch start to get near replacement time, The one my bedroom starts not receiving a reading when the temperature is low and then all the time. The other two keep working until the batteries are dead, Why the one and it doesn't matter which one I put there so it is not the readout.

Daphne ? That is a new one to me. Just a Nit pick, I thought that they were Crepe Myrtle ? :wink:

I am hoping that the rest of the day goes better than this morning has started out, I went to print something out and Got a Replace Toner message in the printer :(
    Luckily when I bought it I chose to get a spare toner at a discount with the printer so I will be installing that later, Oh well. The starter toner has lasted a long time so...

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,201 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! 3C/38F with an expected high of 13C/54F and 0% chance of precipitation.

I need to do all the usual stuff and we have the monthly regional orchid judging to photograph this afternoon.

I doubt I'll get any nap today. :(

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• GardenKatGardens
    edited February 2019
    Hey! Good afternoon :)
    Nice quiet Saturday morning. Ted made a quick run back to his apartment in ATL, and brought some tools to make a stand for some garden tools..the big ones, like the weed eater, blower, etc....and then he and Maya dog went for a 1.5 mile walk around a near by park..(they do that daily), I have more of the afore mentioned Laundry...going, and that's pretty much my agenda for the day. We MAY make a Whole Foods run just to get me out of the house.

Roger...Our police have instant access from their cars to check on insurance. Yes, we do still have to keep our Insurance Cards with us, but I truly would not have been arrested or cited.
    My 'weather station' has a single display unit in the house, but when the outdoor battery gets low, things do get 'wonkey'. Don't know about the new one with the rain gauge...time will tell on that.
    Daphne blooms early spring (is blooming now) and is a pleasant aroma shrub. Crepe Myrtles bloom summer, and can be a tree, a tall shrub, or a bush depending on variety. I have one tall one in the back, of the Natchez variety..its white and blooms about June and July...and a lilac blooming one in the front, which I believe is also a Natchez, and I poll it every early spring. (like about now! Need to get roses cut back, the butterfly bush, the crepe myrtle, and after bloom will be the forsythia. Roses will demand trimming and 'debudding' the faded blooms all summer long!
    In general, Daphne is a short lived shrub...really neat, compact, and planted near a window or door way will allow you a sweet whiff and you come and go, or open the window. I don't think Crepe Myrtles have an odor.. or at least the ones I have don't. I am drawn to the Natches variety for Crepe's, as they aren't prone to getting powdery mildew like so many things are in the south.

Ok, I have about 3 minutes until my watch will suggest I get up and move around for a minute. Think it will be a good time to move the whites to the dryer! :)

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Did I get this from you all...or off of the net? I think its hilarious. And TRUE!!
    zuvbnzphdrj2.jpg
  • RogerToo
    yzDxdn.jpg

WNLaY2.gif

CvR39z.jpg

Ug0wy8.gif

MVCsmW.png

qU4sds.gif

5I1AyB.jpg
    Look safe to me :smiley:

buqKsn.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and one shiny dime was found. The Temperature out the door was 23 degrees.

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/02/07/hero-dog-save-owner-gas-leak/
    Hero Dog Breaks Out Of House, Leads Police Back Home To Save Owner From Gas Leak

Yuck
    https://detroit.cbslocal.com/2019/02/06/bed-bugs-fall-off-lawyers-clothing-courthouse-forced-to-close/
    Bed Bugs Fall Off Lawyer’s Clothing, Courthouse Forced To Close

https://news.yahoo.com/miracle-treatment-dangerous-drug-indonesia-cashes-kratom-062241748.html
    Miracle treatment or dangerous drug? Indonesia cashes in on Kratom

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/artificial-intelligence-study-human-genome-finds-unknown-human-ancestor-species-180971436/#ppY5jy9gT2zYRh6U.99
    Artificial Intelligence Study of Human Genome Finds Unknown Human Ancestor
    The genetic footprint of a “ghost population” may match that of a Neanderthal and Denisovan hybrid fossil found in Siberia

A few Interesting Links
    https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/08/morning-insiders-missing-cars-chicago/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-08/skyscrapers-made-of-timber-make-comeback-nudged-by-google-unit

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/02/07/children-spend-twice-long-smartphones-talking-parents/

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/07/19/archaeologists-opened-a-mysterious-black-sarcophagus-found-in-egypt-and-they-discovered-a-gruesome-scene/23485830/?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_3733863&ncid=txtlnkusaolp00001361

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! 3C/38F with an expected high of 13C/54F and 0% chance of precipitation.

I need to do all the usual stuff and we have the monthly regional orchid judging to photograph this afternoon.

I doubt I'll get any nap today. :(
    Hi Ed
    I hope You enjoy the show. Lucky me, the toner change took around 5 minutes, the Brother is a little more work than a HP for example. You need to pull the Toner unit, remove the toner portion and replace it with the new toner unit then put the entire assembly into the printer.
    Dim Sum at IKEA!
    Ikea has Dim Sum, that seems weird to me.
    Irish People Try Minnesota Craft Beers
    Interesting, I wonder how good Craft beers really are ?
    This might be the most affordable yet simple and DELICIOUS food you can make. A COMPLETE guide.
    Ethiopian Food is something I never thought about trying.
    🇯🇵 Mochi TOFU Donuts - Pon de Ring - Recipe & Taste Test
    That looks tasty, I shall definitely be watching that one later.
    Pig and cookies
    Weird, I wonder what that is about.

Thank You for the Videos
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hey! Good afternoon :)
    Nice quiet Saturday morning. Ted made a quick run back to his apartment in ATL, and brought some tools to make a stand for some garden tools..the big ones, like the weed eater, blower, etc....and then he and Maya dog went for a 1.5 mile walk around a near by park..(they do that daily), I have more of the afore mentioned Laundry...going, and that's pretty much my agenda for the day. We MAY make a Whole Foods run just to get me out of the house.

Roger...Our police have instant access from their cars to check on insurance. Yes, we do still have to keep our Insurance Cards with us, but I truly would not have been arrested or cited.
    My 'weather station' has a single display unit in the house, but when the outdoor battery gets low, things do get 'wonkey'. Don't know about the new one with the rain gauge...time will tell on that.
    Hi Valerie
    Having a stand for the garden tools sounds like a good thing to me.

Laundry :(
    Whole Foods Run, Walk don't run :smiley: Which FWIW is a name of a movie and here is a link just in case You never saw it, I did enjoy it too.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walk,_Don't_Run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wILPoWNq9Vo

I never looked into it but I suspect that our police can look it up also, however given the way NJ works that info may be out of date.

I would not say mine get wonkey just that they do not transmit as far and the bedroom unit is the one that is furthest away. Good Luck with the rain gauge. I have been pondering whether or not it is worth picking up a entire weather station setup.
    Daphne blooms early spring (is blooming now) and is a pleasant aroma shrub. Crepe Myrtles bloom summer, and can be a tree, a tall shrub, or a bush depending on variety. I have one tall one in the back, of the Natchez variety..its white and blooms about June and July...and a lilac blooming one in the front, which I believe is also a Natchez, and I poll it every early spring. (like about now! Need to get roses cut back, the butterfly bush, the crepe myrtle, and after bloom will be the forsythia. Roses will demand trimming and 'debudding' the faded blooms all summer long!
    In general, Daphne is a short lived shrub...really neat, compact, and planted near a window or door way will allow you a sweet whiff and you come and go, or open the window. I don't think Crepe Myrtles have an odor.. or at least the ones I have don't. I am drawn to the Natches variety for Crepe's, as they aren't prone to getting powdery mildew like so many things are in the south.

Ok, I have about 3 minutes until my watch will suggest I get up and move around for a minute. Think it will be a good time to move the whites to the dryer! :)

Later...
    Thank You for the information on Daphnes. I did know that trimming a Forsythia before blooms removes the blooms.

The Rose bushes are bit of a pain to deadhead, I seem to always manage to get stuck by the thorns :(
    I wonder is Daphne is hardy here in NJ, Let me Google it.
    Did I get this from you all...or off of the net? I think its hilarious. And TRUE!!
    zuvbnzphdrj2.jpg
    It did not come from me, maybe Ed ? I shall be reusing it however.

Thanks, So True too
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,201 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

5C/41F with an expected high of 5C/42F and 20% chance of precipitation.

I need to clean up yesterday's food bowls and feed the felines. Yesterday was national pizza day so we had pizza for dinner. And I had pizza for breakfast.

Laundry may be on the agenda today.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...