Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited February 2019
    QkLRzd.jpg
    Dang that's cold :smiley:

CkQWuU.gif

7v2idf.jpg

ZpYhGV.gif

W0RiWM.jpg

2YIVSl.gif

QeQpZ4.jpg

GVqx1X.gif

• RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and for once money was found, 2 shiny 5 Nickels . The Temperature out the door was 30 degrees. Sunday here in NJ most of the state was around 50 degrees with a reported 60 degrees in Trenton the state capital.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/01/well/mind/anxiety-drug-shortage-buspirone.html
    Shortage of Anxiety Drug Leaves Patients Scrambling
    There are no good alternatives to buspirone, so patients who rely on it are struggling.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/8335749/lasers-could-beam-messages-directly-to-a-listeners-ear-like-whispering-secret-from-afar-scientists-say/
    SOUND IDEA Lasers could beam messages directly to a listener’s ear ‘like whispering secret from afar’, scientists say
    It's hoped the technology could one day be used for headphone-free TV watching without disturbing others or warning people of danger discreetly in situations like an active shooter attack

https://detroit.cbslocal.com/2019/01/31/ford-looks-to-wearable-technology-to-ease-burden-for-assembly-workers/
    Ford Looks To Wearable Technology To Ease Burden for Assembly Workers

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6659257/Screen-limit-children-New-official-guidelines-state-youngsters-need-break-phones.html
    Screen limits for children: British Government lays out its first official guidelines for youngsters' web use - as it tells parents to enforce breaks every two hours and BAN social media at bedtime

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/8333600/european-colonisers-massacred-so-many-natives-in-the-americas-that-it-cooled-the-planet/
    ANCIENT SLAUGHTER European colonisers massacred so many natives in the Americas that it cooled the planet
    Invaders killed 56 million American natives by 1600

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,189 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! 3C/38F with an expected high of 18C/64F and 20% chance of precipitation.

Need to clean up yesterday's food bowls and feed the felines. Dishwasher is running now so after a while I will be putting dishes away.

A good example of how much I care about football would be that I don't know who won the Super Bowl. I would be much more interested in a Superb Owl.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    edited February 2019
    I do watch the Super Bowl commercials, after the game, because they are usually great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ha-DhoSu24
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    Americans and Egyptians swap snacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UULtZZYb-Sc
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! 12C/53F with an expected high of 14C/57F and 30% chance of precipitation. Not a lot on the agenda today, other than the usual hoped for nap.
    Hi Ed
    We are headed into a short stretch of nice weather and above average temperatures here in NJ, Whee.
    This Colorful Bunch Makes Something Really Awesome Meatballs
    Hmm..., 1 garlic clove, tsp cumin, tsp thyme, tbsp cayenne pepper are something I do not use. Usually meatballs here have Italian Breadcrumbs, Egg as a binder, and a little onion.

That does remind me that there was a coupon in the ShopRite circular for 80% lean Ground Beef in the family size package for $1.99. According to the Meat department person my Brother talked to they are having trouble keeping up with the demand. My brother had to wait in line to get a package and when he got one off of the newest tray and turned back from putting it in the cart there was only one left. They Grind 80 pounds at a time and package it in 3 pound packages. The one he picked up is already in the oven baking after having been formed into Hamburger Patties. I may run out Tuesday and use a second coupon on the key tag I use and get another one for the freezer being somewhat of a cheapskate. Also a Coupon for $2.99 one pound package of Oscar Mayer bacon, A good price too.
    Mr. Wolfe is really a glutton for punishment, isn't he?
    Turkey WATER Loaf & Gravy!?!? - WHAT ARE WE EATING? He does seem to find a lot of watery items there. I'm going with a negative do not buy review.
    BLACK SAPOTE - chocolate pudding fruit - TASTE TEST
    She does seem to get a hold of weird foods.
    7 Recipes To Help Keep Your Resolution
    That food doesn't look good to me, What do I know OTOH ?
    Ultimate Super Bowl Snack Food Recipes
    The one on the left looks like they ruined Pigs in a Blanket by using them that way. The other one I shall not know until I watch it.
    I can't really say how badly the game is affecting us here in the northeast burbs. I presume major issues further in though. I never even try to go anywhere far from home on big game weekends if I can help it.

Thanks for the feedback
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    It's going to be nicely warm outdoors today, but there will also be rain. I'm betting the roof of the Mercedes Benz Stadium will be closed.

Looks like I DID Forget to post yesterday...thanks for the heads up on that Roger!!

Everything is still a bit off kilter. Not used to having another human in this house. Good Human Son...very helpful and thoughtful, but still another voice! another being. :)

Ted's been jumping up and down letting Tom E. in and out, feeding Tom, he's (Tom) has quickly adopted Ted. :) The only part to play for my contribution is cleaning the litter box. Why do I feel like I got the *kitten* job??? LOL!!

I have crackers and hummus, and Skinny Pop popped corn for watching the Super Bowl. Like I need any of those, but. .... Maybe I can just call them supper! I don't routinely watch football, just the Super Bowl game! I hope the Pats win. Said that to some one, and was quickly told I would be in a minority i the South if I did! eh, so what!!!

Tomorrow we go car shopping. Since I want another little Honda Fit, I think this will be a pretty easy job!

Off to check my blood pressure, and other silly chores..

Wishing both of you a fun day. Big game or not!

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    I sort of wonder how much it added to the cost to have closable roofs on these stadiums and what the Maintenance costs are per year.

At least You will not be lonely :smiley:

Poor Ted doing that for Your Cat, Litter Box duty, Yup that would be the worst job.

I hope all Your chores went easily.

I see that Your hopes were dashed by the Patriots :(

Good Luck finding the car with only the features You want, dealers tend to load them with high profit margin features.
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Tonight's bratwurst and onions with seasoned roasted potatoes.

pni9265yvrhc.png
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi, it's still Monday...just a lot later Monday than usual.
    Got my new Honda Fit today. 2019. Dark gray...a bit more modern looking, bluetooth for my phone, so I can be 'hands free'...and that's nice! Dash looks a bit different...same stuff, just in different places. My old trunk liner works on the new car, same for floor mats. We haven't put the trunk thingy on it yet, so I don't know if that will also fit. If not, I will give the old one to Ted, as our cars were alike...and I'll go back to Honda and get one that does fit my new Fit.

Tomorrow To Atlanta to see Dr. Pat. I'm sure I need a bit of adjusting. Also tomorrow back to Eastside for those repeat x-rays...My schedule is not very conducive for naps. :( Wednesday I'm off to see Little Doc, and I think Ted's going to head home. He will be here one day short of 2 weeks. Both of us live alone with our respective furry 4 footed roommates. :) Dog likes cat food! We have to keep Tom's food up off the floor. Maya, the big white husky loves wet cat food!!!

My Lenten Roses are blooming, and Daphne will be also in about 2 weeks. Spring is gonna happen!!! Daffodils have big fat buds...love my daffy dills!!

I'm too tired to think. I will have to catch up on reading articles and watching video's tomorrow???

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! 3C/38F with an expected high of 18C/64F and 20% chance of precipitation.

Need to clean up yesterday's food bowls and feed the felines. Dishwasher is running now so after a while I will be putting dishes away.

A good example of how much I care about football would be that I don't know who won the Super Bowl. I would be much more interested in a Superb Owl.
    Hi Ed
    It is very hard for me to disagree with wondering which team of overpaid athletes won. I get the feeling You are thinking of it more as a Stupor Bowl :wink:
    I do watch the Super Bowl commercials, after the game, because they are usually great!
    I generally can't be bothered to watch commercials either. They have been previewed all over the TV news lately.
    Someone's top vegan tips.
    I wonder what their credentials are for creating those tips ?
    Queso Dip - Mexican-Style Warm Cheese Dip
    Not using a traditional Dip, What I use as a dip is a small portion of Ketchup, Thousand Island, BBQ sauce or Mayo for Certain sandwiches straight from the Jar or bottle :blush:
    Americans and Egyptians swap snacks.
    Interesting, I wonder how that went, Maybe when I watch it I'll know :smiley:
    This Vegan Pepperoni tastes SOO Real
    As they show it in the video preview it looks like a Pepperoni Pizza so that would also mean a Vegan Cheese and Crust.
    Tonight's bratwurst and onions with seasoned roasted potatoes.
    Looks good, do You also use Sauerkraut with the Brats ?

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    3x6n6y.gif

KiP3G1.gif

jIwrHP.gif

10S0Rd.gif

bgvvyS.jpg
    This Little Piggy

uR80zY.gif

DVRWnD.jpg
    Don't Worry

FiFL5D.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 35 degrees. Yesterday here in NJ most of the state was near 60 or over 60 degrees.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/31/man-slapped-with-nearly-5k-hospital-bill-after-fainting-from-flu-shot/
    Man slapped with nearly $5K hospital bill after fainting from free flu shot

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/02/us/hawaiian-flight-33-turn-back/index.html
    A Hawaiian Airlines flight headed to Maui returned to LAX three times over unrelated issues

https://www.sfgate.com/science/article/arbuckle-sacramento-sinking-subsidence-drought-13585409.php
    Tiny Northern California town is sinking, new report finds

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/life-under-isis-led-these-muslims-christ-n963281
    Life under ISIS led these Muslims to Christianity
    "If heaven is made for ISIS and their belief," said one convert, "I would choose hell for myself instead of being again with them in the same place, even if it’s paradise."

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/philmatier/article/San-Francisco-where-street-addicts-outnumber-13571702.php
    San Francisco — where drug addicts outnumber high school students

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi, it's still Monday...just a lot later Monday than usual.
    Got my new Honda Fit today. 2019. Dark gray...a bit more modern looking, bluetooth for my phone, so I can be 'hands free'...and that's nice! Dash looks a bit different...same stuff, just in different places. My old trunk liner works on the new car, same for floor mats. We haven't put the trunk thingy on it yet, so I don't know if that will also fit. If not, I will give the old one to Ted, as our cars were alike...and I'll go back to Honda and get one that does fit my new Fit.

Tomorrow To Atlanta to see Dr. Pat. I'm sure I need a bit of adjusting. Also tomorrow back to Eastside for those repeat x-rays...My schedule is not very conducive for naps. :( Wednesday I'm off to see Little Doc, and I think Ted's going to head home. He will be here one day short of 2 weeks. Both of us live alone with our respective furry 4 footed roommates. :) Dog likes cat food! We have to keep Tom's food up off the floor. Maya, the big white husky loves wet cat food!!!

My Lenten Roses are blooming, and Daphne will be also in about 2 weeks. Spring is gonna happen!!! Daffodils have big fat buds...love my daffy dills!!

I'm too tired to think. I will have to catch up on reading articles and watching video's tomorrow???

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    Whee, 2019 model :smiley:

I will also admit that I am happy with the 99 Buick as it has nothing like WiFi or Bluetooth which I would not use anyway. Now You have to get used to the new layout. Trunk Thingy ? You already mentioned that the trunk liner fits which makes me wonder what the other thing is ?

Eastside is a Hospital ? Good luck at the Chiro.

Weird Dog liking Cat food :smile:

Wow, Lenten Roses blooming already, do they usually bloom ahead of the Daffodils.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 13C/55F with an expected high of 21C/69F and 10% chance of precipitation.

I need to feed myself and the felines and clean up yesterday's food bowls. I may get out for a few things but nothing is critical.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...