Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 14 degrees, It was still cold outside.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/01/30/unlicensed-bay-area-walgreens-pharmacist-issued-more-than-700000-prescriptions-watchdog-says/
    Bay Area Walgreens’ fake pharmacist handled more than 700,000 prescriptions, state agency alleges
    Three area Walgreens locations could lose pharmacy license

https://www.apnews.com/c17d96857ebd4f7c9449b2eac8a7c27c
    Nearly half of US adults have heart or blood vessel disease

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/on-air/as-seen-on/7-Eleven-Plays-Piercing-High-Pitch-Sound-Targeting-Homeless_New-York-505143632.html
    7-Eleven Plays Awful High-Pitched Sound to Boot Loiterers
    A Portland convenience store installed a high-pitch sound generator to clear out homeless loiterers. (Published Thursday, Jan 31, 2019)

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/01/31/philadelphia-weather-confusion-on-roads-as-bitter-cold-freezes-traffic-lights/
    Philadelphia Weather: Confusion On Roads As Bitter Cold Freezes Traffic Lights

Hell has frozen over β€” seriously
    The low temperature was minus 15 degrees in Hell, an unincorporated community in Livingston County, Michigan. The high temperature was minus 4, prompting some on social media to note that Hell had literally frozen over.
    It's -7 degrees in Hell, Michigan, right now, with a wind chill of -28. You know what that means people...
    Hell has literally frozen over.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/1080414/type-2-diabetes-diet-food-pulses-beans-chickpeas-lentils-lower-blood-sugar
    Type 2 diabetes: The one 'star' pulse to add to your diet to lower blood sugar
    TYPE 2 diabetes can be controlled by following a diabetes-friendly diet that is low in sugar and calories, but research has also shown adding certain foods to your diet can also help to improve blood sugar levels. Pulses have been found to be beneficial to people with diabetes, with one particular β€œstar” pulse.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited February 2019
    Good Morning!
    Is my computer playing games with me? I don't see a Feb 1 from Ed??
    Roger I read several of the articles. May have to ban you from posting things from the UK..LOL!!! I loved this line:
    "No wonder most cat owners are doolally." From the comment section of the article about Toxoplasmosis. So I have a new trait to explore....Doolally!! Made me laugh out loud!
    Doing laundry right now is a breeze, start washer add detergent to the water as it fills, throw in the clothes and I may, or may not catch the rinse cycle for my Downy...(I have Costco Dryer Sheets as back ups) Ted takes dry clothes to my room, and tosses them on the bed, and sometime before I go to sleep in the evening things get folded or hung. Easy Peasy!

I am feeling MUCH better today! Both my leg, and my shoulder. I just have to remind myself not to over do...
    I've also become a near pro at wrapping Ace bandage on my leg! I've fumbled with that process in the past, so I now count that as a new skill. :)

Ok, Computer announced its eleven o'clock, and I have paperwork to fill out....

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    I had noticed Ed's absence too...

No Fabric Softener or Dryer sheets for me. I am not a fan of the scent and I know it bothers my brother and TBH they come out of the dryer soft enough for me.

I am happy to hear that You are feeling much better, May that trend continue.

There is no doubt in my mind that the British look at some things differently than we do.

The news links my brother finds from there seem to do a much better coverage of Our and Global news the the news networks here do.

I had problems in the past with the Ace Bandages too, not so much wrapping them around the Knee as keeping them in place as the day went on.
    For giggles...
    Came from my CNN news feed! Finally something share worthy. :)

The robots are coming
    They really are taking over. They're cleaning our houses, stocking grocery shelves and parking cars at the airport. And now they're beating us at Jenga.

Hope your day goes well.
    Our local TV news, non network covered the Jenga playing robot and had video of the robot making a couple of moves. To go with the Robot theme here is this one:

Scientists invent 'self-aware' robot that operates ON ITS OWN and able to REPAIR ITSELF
    SCIENTISTS have created a self-aware robot capable of operating on its own without any instructions, in a major scientific breakthrough.
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1080325/science-robots-self-aware-mechanical-arm-artificial-intelligence-columbia-university

TBH I find the AI robots a bit scary, mostly as to the impact they will have on employment.

The robots are not coming, they're here :wink:

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I swear I posted. Oh well, I did not say anything astonishing so not gonna bother reposting. I want a nap.
    Hello Ed
    I have been know to create a post and blow the actual posting, usually if I use the preview button.
    The Ultimate DIY BURGER? πŸ‡§πŸ‡· X-TUDO = a fried egg, potato sticks, sausage, peas, corn, cheese...
    I am not a fan of Fried Egg on some foods, as a ingredient in a Breakfast Sandwich with other meats and cheese or egg & cheese or by itself, then Yes, Not on a burger however. When I saw the Potato Sticks I though they were thin cut fries, I have been know to put French Fries in a Hamburger Sandwich or a Hot Dog Sandwich, Who hasn't ?

What You Definitely Don't Want To Order At Cracker Barrel
    Just from curiosity, I searched Cracker Barrel location and it is 26 miles and 28 miles away according to Google Maps. That would explain my not going there.
    Kids Try Weird Soda Flavors
    My brother brings home some unusual flavors of soda. Grapefruit Toranja and Sarsaparilla Sodas in the fridge.
    Kids Try Giant Food
    Interesting,

Thank You for the Video links, I'll watch them in a little while
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    FWIW Mr.G the Channel 11 Weatherman Friday evening said he is not a Groundhog day fan and Yes the Groundhog would see his shadow and that we would have 6 more weeks of weather :wink: Beating Punxsutawney Phil and Staten Island Chuck to the punch :smiley:

Have a Good Groundhog Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,189 Member
    Howdy all y'all! It's satisfying Saturday! 16C/61F with an expected high of 19C/66F and 0% chance of precipitation.

I have been up for ages but distracted by all the usual stuff.

Need to clean up yesterday's food bowls and it's nearly time to figure out lunch. An afternoon nap would be lovely too.

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    Rr1R04.jpg

WbY39Q.gif

kRQ5Fn.jpg

GlYMij.gif

oyAYZD.gif

9r37ik.gif

U93P7X.jpg
    Fridge Magnets :smiley:

xDNSQC.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 26 degrees, It was still cold outside.

https://apnews.com/21f228bfeee34c9a916106ebe0ffce1f
    A deluge of drones fly over Super Bowl stadium, despite ban

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/in-depth/news/taken/2019/01/27/civil-forfeiture-south-carolina-police-property-seizures-taken-exclusive-investigation/2457838002/
    TAKEN: How police departments make millions by seizing property

https://www.news.com.au/travel/world-travel/north-america/man-who-died-in-mexico-flown-home-without-brain-stomach-and-heart/news-story/6474b0c9a1131613c48d4101a23da44c
    Man who died in Mexico flown home β€˜without brain, stomach and heart’
    The body of a Korean man who died in Mexico was returned to his wife β€˜without brain, stomach and heart.’ His widow is now petitioning authorities to return her husband’s organs.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/woman-finds-sperm-donor-after-using-dna-test-raising-questions-about-donor-anonymity/
    Woman uses DNA test, finds sperm donor β€” and pays a "devastating" price

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all! It's satisfying Saturday! 16C/61F with an expected high of 19C/66F and 0% chance of precipitation.

I have been up for ages but distracted by all the usual stuff.

Need to clean up yesterday's food bowls and it's nearly time to figure out lunch. An afternoon nap would be lovely too.
    Hello Ed
    I keep falling into the Internet and surfacing much later :wink:

Here is a quick question for both of You, How much of a problem is the Super Bowl AKA stupor bowl causing in Atlanta ? I saw news articles reporting that there was a shortage of Limos and that There is a problem with Drones.
    Irish People Try American Lifesavers
    Before watching this one, how can anyone dislike the sweet fruitiness of Lifesavers ?
    Β£1 Frozen Microwave Kebab
    That is not what it looks like to me. To me a Kebab is meats and vegetables on a skewer, Unless I am confused ?
    Air Fryer Ribeye Steak and Baked Potato Dinner AND MORE!!!
    IMHO the meat needed more time in the cooker, I prefer mine well done :smiley:
    Chefs Review 50 SHADES OF CHICKEN Cook Book!!
    50 shades ?

Have a Great Day
    Roger

Hello Valerie
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! 12C/53F with an expected high of 14C/57F and 30% chance of precipitation. Not a lot on the agenda today, other than the usual hoped for nap.

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Mr. Wolfe is really a glutton for punishment, isn't he?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gxqlspMtqA
  • parityanimal
    I can't really say how badly the game is affecting us here in the northeast burbs. I presume major issues further in though. I never even try to go anywhere far from home on big game weekends if I can help it.
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning!
    It's going to be nicely warm outdoors today, but there will also be rain. I'm betting the roof of the Mercedes Benz Stadium will be closed.

Looks like I DID Forget to post yesterday...thanks for the heads up on that Roger!!

Everything is still a bit off kilter. Not used to having another human in this house. Good Human Son...very helpful and thoughtful, but still another voice! another being. :)

Ted's been jumping up and down letting Tom E. in and out, feeding Tom, he's (Tom) has quickly adopted Ted. :) The only part to play for my contribution is cleaning the litter box. Why do I feel like I got the *kitten* job??? LOL!!

I have crackers and hummus, and Skinny Pop popped corn for watching the Super Bowl. Like I need any of those, but. .... Maybe I can just call them supper! I don't routinely watch football, just the Super Bowl game! I hope the Pats win. Said that to some one, and was quickly told I would be in a minority i the South if I did! eh, so what!!!

Tomorrow we go car shopping. Since I want another little Honda Fit, I think this will be a pretty easy job!

Off to check my blood pressure, and other silly chores..

Wishing both of you a fun day. Big game or not!

Later...