Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    And it's now 3:30AM and I'm wide awake. Later today hoping to get in to see my chiropractor. And to then see my Doc. Dinner out tonite. Ted found a restaurant that is local, and menu sounds interesting. Update on that will follow:). Our Tuesday predicted snow has been downgraded to rain. Fine with me!
    Later...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    tSKJV7.gif

vM8Nd7.gif

VSVXNU.gif

2vvX7e.gif

UfEGqd.jpg

RylZZh.gif

dNvULU.jpg
    True or false ? I do not know

xOS8Ue.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 30 degrees.

Smells crooked to me FWIW, Interesting read.
    https://www.kxan.com/news/investigations/man-loses-home-after-bastrop-county-leader-plants-no-trespassing-sign/1637084874
    Man loses home after Bastrop Co. leader plants 'no trespassing' sign

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/25/opinion/sunday/steve-jobs-never-wanted-us-to-use-our-iphones-like-this.html
    Steve Jobs Never Wanted Us to Use Our iPhones Like This
    The devices have become our constant companions. This was not the plan.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/25/actually-young-people-really-could-kill-harley-davidson.html
    Millennials may claim another victim: Harley-Davidson and the classic American motorcycle

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/travel-troubles/110138959/nightmare-air-new-zealand-flight-to-invercargill-leaves-20-per-cent-of-passengers-vomiting
    Nightmare Air New Zealand flight to Invercargill leaves '20 per cent' of passengers vomiting

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/health/110199547/dunedin-neuroscientist-discovers-new-way-to-help-stroke-victims
    Dunedin neuroscientist discovers new way to help stroke victims

Slime at work
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/local-news/papakura-courier/110194480/humble-72yearold-auckland-woman-has-plants-ripped-from-garden-gnomes-stolen
    'Humble' 72-year-old Auckland woman has plants ripped from garden, gnomes stolen

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/world-war-3-cometh-syria-is-threatening-to-bomb-the-airport-in-tel-aviv-and-iran-is-pledging-to-wipe-israel-off-the-map
    World War 3 Cometh: Syria Is Threatening To Bomb The Airport In Tel Aviv And Iran Is Pledging To Wipe Israel Off The Map

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all! It's sumptuous Sunday! I am posting a bit late so will forego the weather report.

Need to get yesterday's food bowls cleaned up and the house is not going to clean itself up!
    RogerToo wrote: »
    I think I might have converted the Baked Potato into a loaded Baked Potato or either Bacon chunks or Shredded Cheese on it.

Croutons :wink:

Have a Good Day
    Roger

If you look closely you will see that I did have bacon in the potato and the salad. :) And, yes, croutons! I love croutons in my salad.
    Hi Ed
    I must have overlooked the bacon, after looking again I see the bacon. Bacon is tasty in a salad :smiley:
    Another keto bread.
    Thanks, I shall need to look closer into this one. I will also send it to others I know are on a Keto Diet.

[quote="parityanimal;c-43220563"PEANUT BUTTER CANNON BALLS & Stew Soup - cooking with MRE ingredients
    [/quote]
    Huh, I looked at the prices for MRE meals as I was somewhat curious as to how they tasted, Then I saw the price and was not that interested :wink:
    Low Carb CINNAMON ROLL BATTLE - The BEST Keto Cinnamon Rolls Recipe!
    I'll be forwarding this one too as well as looking carefully at it, I love Cinnamon Rolls, if only the ones You can buy were not so high calorie and high Carb. Many Thanks
    And for sweets we do not need to eat...
    Agreed, Now if only I can convince my Sweet Tooth :(

Lucky Us here in NJ with a arctic Blast moving in with overnights between 0 and 10 degrees and wind chills down to -20 degrees, I may stay indoors a day or two this week.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Quick answers to Rogers questions/comments
    Rog said "Hi Valerie
    That stinks, I know You liked that car too. Family is important and it is good that they were close enough that they could show up right away. Our family scattered all over and if they had to come it would take time to fly in from Washington State for example. The Good News is that nothing was Broken. CT Scans show arthritis ? Learn something new every day. What happened to You is why my one brothers wife wanted a full size car or Pickup truck to drive. The Fit is a small car ? Say thanks to the bystander for not being afraid to get involved. To often in New Your City, NYC, they seem more interested in pulling out the Phone and taking video than getting involved or calling the police, So Sad :(

There is a big problem in NYC with hit and runs, some of them also stop and ask are You ok, or just take a Look and take off, When caught they are also usually over the limit for DUI.

Yes, grateful for the bystander. When I saw the car it was not as bad in daylight as when it happened. Hit mostly in the front wheel well, and the driverside door, which if they intend to fix it, the doors have to be ordered from Japan..its a 2013, the last model to be mfg in Japan...
    And no, it was I who had looked at the car and pronounced it dead. I have insurance that will cover up to $500 in car rentals. So, If I get a small econ. model I should be ok. Right now would be afraid to drive because the leg that brakes and feeds is the one that hurts.... Ted's willing to hang for a while longer... Ted's big white Husky is here, and Tom E. I was not sure how that would work out...but so far, so good. Both animals keep track of the other, but no misbehaving....so far...fingers crossed.

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    Worst case T-Bone getting hit on the drivers side :(

The front wheel well could be bad if the Sub-frame is bent or the suspension and steering needs to be replaced too. I suspect You could be right as 2013 means it is a 6 year old car. And I am sure You kept everything working properly as well as immaculate. Do they have Enterprise car rentals down where You are ?

I hope Your right leg feels better quickly, Interesting that is the leg that bothers You.

So far so good with the animals, Yea.
    And it's now 3:30AM and I'm wide awake. Later today hoping to get in to see my chiropractor. And to then see my Doc. Dinner out tonite. Ted found a restaurant that is local, and menu sounds interesting. Update on that will follow:). Our Tuesday predicted snow has been downgraded to rain. Fine with me!
    Later...
    I saw the time stamp and said to myself, some one is up late or really early :smiley:

And Our weather that is supposed top hit here Tuesday is forecast to start as rain and change to a mix and Snow.

Enjoy the Dinner, It is always fun to try a new eatery, I'm guessing that one big qualification was that it serves Vegan. BTW Does Vegan cooking out also mean that they have to have separate kitchens if they also serve meat ?

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,145 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday!

Lilo let me sleep in this morning until 6:45! I appreciated it since I was up late picking J up at the train station.

I have already been out to Aldi and Walgreen's. I need to get yesterday's food bowls cleaned up and get something together for lunch.

Watch out at Walgreen's for wrong pricing.

I realize, of course, that this signage was printed with the wrong number, since I am sure it is supposed to be less expensive per item if the customer buys two.

All the same, since this is what they had up, I insisted on a correction when the single item I was buying rang up at $3.99. They fixed it.

qo6gx16fqpk3.png

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    kMEupI.jpg

1H8SFX.gif

2fosEB.jpg

EC43Za.gif

H7U7R3.gif

Z0my6f.gif

WdVSyQ.jpg

IYeXQU.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 27 degrees. The weather forecast as of this morning is that rain will start this afternoon turning to Snow with the arctic Blast moving in overnight. The overnight Lows for Wednesday & Thursday are forecast to be in the single digits with bitter wind chills down to -20 in some parts of NJ

Mini Review. I liked the new NS Chicken Marsala, 230 Calories 27g Carbohydrates. It was very tasty, I shall be ordering several of these for my next order.
    https://medicalxpress.com/news/2019-01-poor-mental-health-physical-ailments.html
    Poor mental health can lead to physical ailments

DeBlasio, NYCs Mayor...
    https://nypost.com/2019/01/27/doe-incompetence-makes-a-mockery-of-all-de-blasios-grand-school-visions/
    DOE incompetence makes a mockery of all de Blasio’s grand school visions

So Weird, NYC is a Major Financial Center
    https://nypost.com/2019/01/26/nyc-is-the-most-financially-distressed-city-in-the-nation/
    NYC is the most financially distressed city in the nation

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday!

Lilo let me sleep in this morning until 6:45! I appreciated it since I was up late picking J up at the train station.

I have already been out to Aldi and Walgreen's. I need to get yesterday's food bowls cleaned up and get something together for lunch.

Watch out at Walgreen's for wrong pricing.

I realize, of course, that this signage was printed with the wrong number, since I am sure it is supposed to be less expensive per item if the customer buys two.

All the same, since this is what they had up, I insisted on a correction when the single item I was buying rang up at $3.99. They fixed it.
    Hi Ed
    I would not be surprised if You are correct, OTOH the ShopRite Grocery Store some items on sale are marked with a higher cost if bought singly and others buying one gets the same price per unit as if the sale quantity were bought.
    Dollar General MEATBALLS IN A CAN?? WHAT ARE WE EATING?? The Wolfe Pit
    Interesting, I bought those and ended up not eating them, I palmed them off on my brother and he was underwhelmed. Thus I am curious as to how Mr. Wolfe liked them. BTW the Sauce looks like Tomato Soup instead of a Real Tomato Sauce as used with Pasta and Meatballs.
    3 Tofu Recipes
    Looks tasty to me.
    3 Tofu Recipes Oil Free - SOS Free
    SOS Free ? I will be curious as to what this shows.
    Irish People Try American Jams
    I do not know how this one will play out, How many different ways are there to make Fruit Jam.

Thank You for the Videos
    Roger

Hi Valerie
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 8C/47F with an expected early high of 9C/48F and then cooling temperatures down into the freezing by mid evening, with 90% chance of precipitation for the day, but predicted for the morning hours so I don't anticipate any major weather related issues from it.

Need to me fed, and get the felines fed and try to get a nap in. Might get out this morning if it's not TOO cold and rainy...

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    edited January 2019
    The real reason Sbarro is disappearing? Well, without watching yet, I would think it's because they sell overpriced, mediocre pizza?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ers-tVeTBDw
  • parityanimal
    edited January 2019
    Supposedly false facts people allegedly believe about McDonald's. You see I got two grains of salt into that description. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_AXWFhluAI
  • parityanimal
    POWER smokeless grill. We haven't had a review from this guy in a while!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82_LJz76NSs
  • parityanimal
    Why Subway's $5 footlong had to go away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_t-Kbshock
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning!
    I think I've recovered from yesterdays marathon outing! Good heavens. Left home shortly after 10 a.m...home around 5. In that time went back to the hospital and got the x-ray and CT scan, left there went to Lil Doc's office and were really quickly seen by her...she spent time looking at my leg, asking questions, and giving me some heads up about what to expect: possible more bruising, needed ace bandage my leg to inhibit the swelling, more time elevated leg, etc. Another x-ray in a week to second check for fractures, which sometimes do not present on initial, and immediate x-rays. (that makes sense)...etc. Then home, had short time to 'inhale' a PB&J and an orange, and on to see Chiro...Dr. Pat, oh my. She had to fix my entire skeleton almost!! No lower back, but hips, up, ending with back and neck. I sure felt much better. She said the repeat x-ray should be 2-3 weeks instead of one...but I'm not getting into an argument between the two of them.....!!!!!
    Well, Ted left to pick up some items from Kroger, and just texted me from Whole Foods if I wanted/needed anything from there...bet there's a story there. I know he's making tabouli later today...hmmmm & Yumm!!!

I will say that I am feeling some better today, but it's morning...seems to get worse with the day. Also my shoulder is still quite sore. (that was a new symptom when I woke yesterday, and not a good one)..
    Enough of this...

I did watch the tofu SOS video. The bowl with broc. and what looked like chicken fried Tofu, (and isn't quite, but looks very good)...looks a lot like my dinner last night. I had left over Sesame Tofu from VeGreen with rice, and some perfectly steamed chopped broc. florets that Ted steamed for me. It was a great dinner.

Roger I can't wait to read a couple of your articles...looks like 'food for thought'! I kinda got tickled at your comment about the picture of the meat balls in sauce from Dollar store. Made me remember my 8 or so months living in Marlton NJ. My next door neighbors appeared to be 'ghosts' that fall when we moved in... Someone would show up on Wednesdays bring in bags of groceries, hang laundry on the clothes line, cut the grass and disappear again for a week.?????? I decided there must be an elderly shut-in in the house, and someone came once a week to help. Couldn't have been more wrong!!! LOL!...Ralph and Marie turned out to be wonderful and delightful neighbors. He ran a fishing boat at the Jersey Shore...and took parties out during the week ...in the late fall they came home to stay over the winter. Both were from Italy. In their late years...like 70's near 80+..could remember some things about living in Italy as children, etc. Loved the local wineries. And their afternoon wines. Gosh, I couldn't go over there in the afternoon. You HAD to have a little wine, and by the time my hubs came home I was 'happy' as all get out! Poor kids had been home (next door) alone for hours, etc. Marie had 3 older sisters, the eldest in her 90's...and she was a trip!!! They would all go grocery shopping together, I'd sometimes see them there. They'd laugh cuz I'd talk to myself while going up and down the isles, (from having a kid in the basket for years) and I'd get a good chuckle at some of the things the eldest sister would say...bawdy ole gal! Never knew what was about to come out of her mouth!! OMG I loved those gals... Marie tried her best to teach me how to make 'real' Italian Red Sauce. Unfortunately it didn't 'take'...hers was delicious...mine not so much. My kids, after I'd spent the entire afternoon stirring etc the sauce would take one bite and suggest quite vocally that next time I should just buy a jar or Ragu!!! LOL!! No wonder I don't like red spaghetti sauce! :) Some day I'll tell you about the most memorable Christmas Eve I ever spent with Ralph, Marie, the sisters, and about 40 others all related adults, kids, etc. It was wonderful.

Ted, on his way home...I should end this before he shows up with the groceries he's purchased. There will be questions of where should I put this- that...dog and cat underfoot...I understand that this morning Maya let Tom E. know she didn't appreciate him eating her food!!! OOPS! I slept thru that...bet it was 'interesting'.

Later...