Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and for once 11 cents was found. The Temperature out the door was 24 degrees however while walking I passed a Time & temperature display that showed 17 degrees.
    Last Year I found a grand total of$4.22.

Yahoo. (You Always Have Other Options)

Mini Review. I liked the new NS Chicken Marsala, 230 Calories 27g Carbohydrates. It was very tasty, I shall be ordering several of these for my next order.

https://www.axios.com/digital-media-layoffs-consolidation-continue-1548289098-d3bd0e23-aef7-4ad5-8778-428391e80ac8.html
    More than 1,000 media jobs lost in one day

Oh Great :(
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-mrsa-ambulances/ambulance-equipment-contaminated-with-drug-resistant-superbug-idUSKCN1OY1U5
    Ambulance equipment contaminated with drug-resistant superbug

https://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article224951810.html
    California city approves 25-cent fee on disposable cups

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1077163/mount-st-helens-volcano-warning-scientist-molten-rock-rising-spt
    Mount St Helens WARNING: Scientist reveals molten rock 'rising FIVE metres a DAY'

https://freebeacon.com/national-security/china-russia-building-super-emp-bombs-for-blackout-warfare/
    China, Russia Building Super-EMP Bombs for ‘Blackout Warfare’
    Report reveals electromagnetic war scenarios

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous Friday! 3C/37F with an expected high of 6C/44F and no chance of precipitation.

Need to get yesterday's food bowls cleaned up and get out to the store.
    Hi Ed
    Remove The Wrapper & Cut The Babybel In Half
    Mini Babybel or Mini Bonel was the first thing I thought of when I saw the image displayed by the Video in Your link.
    Uh Oh...Dollar Tree Sells GROUND BEEF!! - WHAT ARE WE EATING?? - The Wolfe Pit
    Mr. Wolfe sure did not like this one. And the "Ground Beef looks more like some sort of overly ground slush.
    Fluffiest vegan "buttermilk" pancakes.
    They sure do look good. However I can eat regular pancakes except that the Carbs in them especially with Syrup would be way to high.
    How To Make White Castle Sliders At Home
    Since I can get to White Castle near home, I do not think I'll bother trying to make these. The Video will be interesting to View.

Thanks
    Roger

Hi Valerie
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,145 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's sensational Saturday!

Need to get yesterday's food bowls cleaned up and maybe get out to the store for a couple of things.

And as always I would like a nap.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi Guys!
    I know I haven't been here for days....I am doing pretty well...on my way home from O's gymnastics on Thursday evening I was T-boned by a pick up truck. Nice ride to the ER in my very own 'limo' Long hours that night in the ER, etc. Both my boys came and waited with me, and made the night go a bit better...Ted then brought me home, then went to Midtown to get his dog, and all the stuff they'd both need to spend a few days with Mom...
    Nothing broken, no head bump, CT scan of my neck only showed a bit of arthritis!! (like that was a surprise?? LOL)
    Deep soft tissue (bruising)on both legs, which hurt when I try to walk..Xrays showed no broken bones. Doing a bit better every day, but still need my cane to get around.
    Ted and I are going to StateWide Towing where my poor totaled Honda Fit is to get all my junk out of it. You know, like my keys, garage door opener, CD's etc.

So, that's my present life in a nutshell....

(The guy who ran his red light asked several times if I was o'k, and then walked away from the crash...fortunately there was a bystander who'd also been waiting for the light to change, and he flagged down a passing cop...gave him a description of the guy, cop drove back down the street, saw him, and put him in the patrol care. Cited him for leaving the scene, then gave him a breath-o-lizer, and he was above the legal limit...hauled him off to jail for drunk driving... All of this happened while I was trying to decide to get out of my car...I didn't know about all of this happening. So, Friday morning spent the entire morning with the police department, my insurance agent, etc. )

Later...
  • parityanimal

(The guy who ran his red light asked several times if I was o'k, and then walked away from the crash...fortunately there was a bystander who'd also been waiting for the light to change, and he flagged down a passing cop...gave him a description of the guy, cop drove back down the street, saw him, and put him in the patrol care. Cited him for leaving the scene, then gave him a breath-o-lizer, and he was above the legal limit...hauled him off to jail for drunk driving... All of this happened while I was trying to decide to get out of my car...I didn't know about all of this happening. So, Friday morning spent the entire morning with the police department, my insurance agent, etc. )

Later...

Wow! Glad to know you are mostly OK! You know if you need anything you can give me a holler. I can't do anything about the arthritis but share horror stories though.

I did get out to the store yesterday and today. Yesterday I bought the $5.99 lunch at Kroger which also covered today's lunch as they give loads of lunch for the price.

Dinner last night finished off the spaghetti and meatballs.

I have a big piece of sirloin marinating for dinner tonight that will likely also be tomorrow's lunch. I wish I had thought to buy a sweet potato at Aldi this morning but I didn't and I am not getting back out today. I can just have a small baked potato, salad and maybe some green peas with the steak.

I am steadily working on mastery of the Dvorak keyboard layout, but switching back and forth (on different machines) probably isn't helping with that.

Well I need to separate and freeze some chicken and meat from yesterday's Kroger run, so off to it.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• GardenKatGardens
    Hey Ed, I appreciate that. After Ted leaves I will be without wheels. So I may get stir crazy and a phone chat would be great. Or, if I do have wheels either rental or a new ride it could be a coffee chat!
    OK?
  • parityanimal
    Hey Ed, I appreciate that. After Ted leaves I will be without wheels. So I may get stir crazy and a phone chat would be great. Or, if I do have wheels either rental or a new ride it could be a coffee chat!
    OK?

Sounds like a plan!

Tonight Edweirdo didn't interject anything too weird into dinner plans. Just some ideas for the marinade and salad dressing. The marinade for the steak was oil, apple cider vinegar, Italian seasoning, hot paprika, salt and pepper. The salad dressing, home made creamy Italian, and the light sprinkle of cheese on the salad was shredded Italian blend, in keeping with the Italian theme.

Half the steak is left for another meal and I had more than enough to eat.

xcdyd5r6y2f5.png

k3e4ohe7hgg0.png

2mathb2j6n35.png

0tvd0x7f1y4g.png

• RogerToo
    SD0k3Y.png

peGWHG.gif

PWPYTr.png

tLDpoT.gif

2z55zI.jpg

pZYSVv.jpg

geMZVj.jpg

JsG6T9.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's sensational Saturday!

Need to get yesterday's food bowls cleaned up and maybe get out to the store for a couple of things.

And as always I would like a nap.
    Hello Ed
    Nap, Yup, sounds good to me for This afternoon :smiley:
    How To Make Crowd-Pleasing Potluck Recipes
    Pass on the Pepper ones, The other looked good however. I never liked peppers, Why, I do not know. OTOH I will eat the filling out of Stuffed peppers before throwing the peppers away, I also pick them out of the NS Dinner entrees that have them.
    Kids try Rainbow food
    I wonder if the food coloring's are all safe or some more so than others ?

[quote="parityanimal;c-43216251"Top 10 Foods with No Carbs or Sugar
    [/quote]
    Right up my alley, Thanks

Later...

Wow! Glad to know you are mostly OK! You know if you need anything you can give me a holler. I can't do anything about the arthritis but share horror stories though.

I did get out to the store yesterday and today. Yesterday I bought the $5.99 lunch at Kroger which also covered today's lunch as they give loads of lunch for the price.

Dinner last night finished off the spaghetti and meatballs.

I have a big piece of sirloin marinating for dinner tonight that will likely also be tomorrow's lunch. I wish I had thought to buy a sweet potato at Aldi this morning but I didn't and I am not getting back out today. I can just have a small baked potato, salad and maybe some green peas with the steak.

I am steadily working on mastery of the Dvorak keyboard layout, but switching back and forth (on different machines) probably isn't helping with that.

Well I need to separate and freeze some chicken and meat from yesterday's Kroger run, so off to it.
    Huh, that is a worst case scenario IMO being T-Boned. Most cars including mine do not have side impact protective devices.

Hot Food Section or refrigerated section for the lunch ? I know some stores also have a lunch counter, The HyVee in Iowa where I have eaten has cooked to order breakfasts comes to mind, Not having ever been in a Kroger's ?
    Sweet Potato or a Baked Potato, I'm not sure if either one is better or worse for You to eat. In my case I think I prefer baked potato compared to baked Sweet Potato, either ones needs butter melting into it.

I think You are correct, I have enough trouble when I switch keyboards in Windows and that is only due to the no alphanumeric keys.
    OK?

Sounds like a plan!

Tonight Edweirdo didn't interject anything too weird into dinner plans. Just some ideas for the marinade and salad dressing. The marinade for the steak was oil, apple cider vinegar, Italian seasoning, hot paprika, salt and pepper. The salad dressing, home made creamy Italian, and the light sprinkle of cheese on the salad was shredded Italian blend, in keeping with the Italian theme.
    Interesting, Looking at the pan You cooked the steak in reminded me I should pull out the George Forman Grilling machine and do a steak or Burgers in it ahead of time so they van be heated up after being portioned out. My Brother tells me it works well for that.

I think I might have converted the Baked Potato into a loaded Baked Potato or either Bacon chunks or Shredded Cheese on it.

Croutons :wink:

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Guys!
    I know I haven't been here for days....I am doing pretty well...on my way home from O's gymnastics on Thursday evening I was T-boned by a pick up truck. Nice ride to the ER in my very own 'limo' Long hours that night in the ER, etc. Both my boys came and waited with me, and made the night go a bit better...Ted then brought me home, then went to Midtown to get his dog, and all the stuff they'd both need to spend a few days with Mom...
    Nothing broken, no head bump, CT scan of my neck only showed a bit of arthritis!! (like that was a surprise?? LOL)
    Deep soft tissue (bruising)on both legs, which hurt when I try to walk..Xrays showed no broken bones. Doing a bit better every day, but still need my cane to get around.
    Ted and I are going to StateWide Towing where my poor totaled Honda Fit is to get all my junk out of it. You know, like my keys, garage door opener, CD's etc.

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    That stinks, I know You liked that car too. Family is important and it is good that they were close enough that they could show up right away. Our family scattered all over and if they had to come it would take time to fly in from Washington State for example. The Good News is that nothing was Broken. CT Scans show arthritis ? Learn something new every day. What happened to You is why my one brothers wife wanted a full size car or Pickup truck to drive. The Fit is a small car ? Say thanks to the bystander for not being afraid to get involved. To often in New Your City, NYC, they seem more interested in pulling out the Phone and taking video than getting involved or calling the police, So Sad :(

There is a big problem in NYC with hit and runs, some of them also stop and ask are You ok, or just take a Look and take off, When caught they are also usually over the limit for DUI.
    OK?
    Since You were in touch with the Insurance are they offering to pay for a rental ? Or Maybe a Uber or Lyft until a replacement is acquired ? I'm guessing that when You say totaled that is from the Insurance Company or maybe the Towing company ?

How old was the Fit, I'm hoping that the insurance makes You whole again and That the Perpetrator had good insurance which the company that ends up paying.

Have a Better Day Today
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all! It's sumptuous Sunday! I am posting a bit late so will forego the weather report.

Need to get yesterday's food bowls cleaned up and the house is not going to clean itself up!
    RogerToo wrote: »
    I think I might have converted the Baked Potato into a loaded Baked Potato or either Bacon chunks or Shredded Cheese on it.

Croutons :wink:

Have a Good Day
    Roger

If you look closely you will see that I did have bacon in the potato and the salad. :) And, yes, croutons! I love croutons in my salad.

• parityanimal
  • GardenKatGardens
    Quick answers to Rogers questions/comments
    Rog said "Hi Valerie
    That stinks, I know You liked that car too. Family is important and it is good that they were close enough that they could show up right away. Our family scattered all over and if they had to come it would take time to fly in from Washington State for example. The Good News is that nothing was Broken. CT Scans show arthritis ? Learn something new every day. What happened to You is why my one brothers wife wanted a full size car or Pickup truck to drive. The Fit is a small car ? Say thanks to the bystander for not being afraid to get involved. To often in New Your City, NYC, they seem more interested in pulling out the Phone and taking video than getting involved or calling the police, So Sad :(

There is a big problem in NYC with hit and runs, some of them also stop and ask are You ok, or just take a Look and take off, When caught they are also usually over the limit for DUI.

Yes, grateful for the bystander. When I saw the car it was not as bad in daylight as when it happened. Hit mostly in the front wheel well, and the driverside door, which if they intend to fix it, the doors have to be ordered from Japan..its a 2013, the last model to be mfg in Japan...
    And no, it was I who had looked at the car and pronounced it dead. I have insurance that will cover up to $500 in car rentals. So, If I get a small econ. model I should be ok. Right now would be afraid to drive because the leg that brakes and feeds is the one that hurts.... Ted's willing to hang for a while longer... Ted's big white Husky is here, and Tom E. I was not sure how that would work out...but so far, so good. Both animals keep track of the other, but no misbehaving....so far...fingers crossed.

Later...