Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 37 degrees. The Weather forecast for a snowfall overnight was a giant fail. Later Today into tomorrow is not looking good with the temperatures forecast to first warm up and then drop to 5 degrees overnight. Whatever rain that has not dried up will be freezing hard overnight through Monday when the Temperatures drop with the overnight temperatures and wind causing a wind chill in the -10s to -20s.

Mini Review. I liked the new NS Homestyle Beef and Vegetables at 210 calories and Total Carbohydrate of 22g. The One thing I did not care for was a Pepper taste to the sauce. The rest was tasty and the beef was tender and a decent amount.
    From the NS reviews
    1. I really liked it, but it needs a little more salt, and LESS pepper!
    2. Too much pepper for my taste.

I shall be ordering this again on my next order. Just not a huge quantity.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/01/18/opinion-the-radiation-risk-posed-when-you-undergo-ct-scans/
    Scannell: The radiation risk posed when you undergo CT scans
    Researchers estimate that nearly 2 percent of future cancers could be related to computerized tomography

https://nypost.com/2019/01/16/alarming-burnout-is-making-doctors-want-to-kill-themselves/
    ‘Alarming’ burnout is making doctors want to kill themselves

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article224681235.html
    Vandal in SUV plowed into this Kentucky man’s snowman. He didn’t know about the stump.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/01/17/theater-for-dogs-plano/
    Theater For Dogs Now Open In Plano

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/punishing-blizzard-ice-to-hammer-northeast-and-then-arctic-air-freeze-up-to-cement-snow-and-slush-in-storms-wake/70007187
    Blizzard to dish out up to 40 inches of snow in northeastern US as dangerous ice storm takes aim farther south

https://www.studyfinds.org/stress-can-literally-shrink-your-brain-study-finds/
    Stress Can Literally Shrink Your Brain, Study Finds

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-01-17/norway-readies-big-brother-gps-based-taxation-mile-driven
    Norway Readies 'Big Brother' GPS-Based Taxation Per Mile-Driven

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying soggy Saturday. Or at least the claim is that it will be soggy later. 10C/50F with an expected high of 17C/62F and 90% chance of precipitation, but a bit later in the day.

So of course today is the day I have to take J to the MARTA station so he can fly out to Arizona for a week.

Need to feed the felines and fold (and put away) the remaining laundry.
    Hi Ed
    I did see what showed as a fairly heavy amount of rain over Atlanta.
    At least You escaped this happening.
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 37 degrees. The Weather forecast for a dangerous snowfall overnight was a giant fail.Later Today into tomorrow is not looking good with the temperatures forecast to first warm up and then drop to 5 degrees overnight. Whatever rain that has not dried up will be freezing hard overnight through Monday when the Temperatures drop with the overnight temperatures and wind causing a wind chill in the -10s to -20s.

Stay Dry and Warm
    And...what is Mr. Wolfe eating now?
    I saw this yesterday as a side link off of one of Your links.
    A Waterburger :smiley:
    Keto Meal Prep Breakfast Ideas!
    Interesting, I shall use this one elsewhere.
    3 ways to prepare sweet potatoes.
    Since I like them Baked, or Boiled or Canned only I think I shall pass on watching this one.
    Vegan Dry Pot "Fish"
    Dry Pot is a new one to me, I shall have to watch this one later.
    And let's see what the kids have for dessert!
    Who does not like a moist sweet cake ?

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi! I'm getting nowhere, in a hurry today! My own fault.
    Roger the Green Hummus was TOO delicious. I ate some last night after taking the pix....and was going to have a couple bite while the sweet potatoes (lunch with spinach and TBA vegetable or two) steamed. The bad news is that I ate the whole thing....the good news? It was absolutely delicious. Popping the little green garbanzo's looked daunting, but I did it while watching the evening news...then cooked the little beans in a pot of salted water for 3 minutes. I kept them in the refrig for another day, cuz I didn't have time to make the hummus. But it was worth the wait.

The food video's all looked interesting. I loved the bibimbap. Tofu would def. work. And then there was the other selections from Tasty....I watched the one about Japanese cooking. Lots looked delicious. Also lots of eggs! Meaning Japan must be overrun with chickens!!! Oh my word!!! I don't think her idea (or the Japanese) for cheese cake is quite the same as ours..probably good though. She used parchment paper in some interesting ways, etc. Always something new to see/learn.

Tom E tried going outside on this really damp dreary day...both times came right back in! And he's been asleep on the couch ever since. I think he's on to something. Nap time!!!

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    Since I do not preplan most of my day, I never think I am getting nowhere :wink:

Been there done that, I have had foods that I planned to eat over three days and when I looked at the plate it was empty :(

Yesterday my Brother made a Homemade Chicken Pot Pie, Two actually, Both a fair size, Chopped up pre cooked chicken, Mixed vegetables with No potatoes, a Home made gravy and he used a Pie Crust from the Grocery Store as the Crust, On top only as that is how he feels they should be made. I had a small Piece and it was tasty, The second one has been Vacuum Sealed and is residing in the Freezer :smiley:

I suspect that what I think of as a proper Cheese Cake, Being a fairly dense baked with only a bottom Crust is not what much of the world calls a Cheese Cake.

I Do not Blame Tom E for coming back in, Not a hard decision to make, stay outside where the weather is damp and dreary, or come back into a warm and dry environment.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,145 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's superlative Sunday! 1C/33F with an expected high of 3C/37F and 0% chance of precipitation. Sounds like it might be a somewhat pleasant, if cold, day.

Need to feed the felines and get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up. And I want a nap today.Nothing else hot on the agenda.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Stuart tries 50 year old military rations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOz6yloJE0I
  • parityanimal
    edited January 2019
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    And, for dessert, let's join the Irish people trying Hostess snacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAGKg6O9eUM
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Day! Noon happened a bit ago!
    I've done laundry, bedding, and it's almost ready to come out of the dryer. (interupted by Tom, who wanted out. Stood in the door, sniffing, then turned tail and left the door to me! The cold wind was blowing into the house. Can't blame him!!
    I"ve done part of my exercise for the day. Will do more later. I'd entertained the idea of going to the gym...Ha! Not unless this wind dies down. I've cooked rice, cleaned up after the cat, and other chores. Lots still to do, so I guess I can safely say I will l not be bored this after!

Tomorrow, O and I are going shopping together. !!!. She texted me Fri evening asking if I wanted to do that. Of course I did. I'm hoping its 'inside' the Mall of GA, and not a satellite store that she needs a ride to!! :)

I'm learning that the watch is not up to instantly recording some of the simpler things. Like I spent several minutes unloading the dishwasher, and rinsing the rice, etc....all standing, but limited 'moving'. I checked. No credit for 'standing'...until just a bit ago, and bingo my standing count went from 4 events to 5. (I all but yelled at it for not giving me credit...suppose that helped??? LOL!!)

I can't wait to see several of these video's and ditto on the articles. I will have plenty to keep me busy while I get the rest of my exercise goal!

Not looking forward to the weather we've been promised for the week, ending next weekend with ?snow?. Not time to panic, its a week off, so chances are not too great that the kids will be making snow men or women!

Later...

• parityanimal
    Midnight super blood great spirit moon! Good morning and good night y'all. It's past midnight and I've turned into a pumpkin.

qtrgp5b6smae.png
  • RogerToo
    WIUQoW.jpg

3tFFqu.gif

CfVWri.jpg

7mwtvv.gif

k1Dz9u.gif

KYmjt6.gif

lWJtmb.jpg

SLiRqK.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm home and did not go walking and therefor no money was found. The Temperature outside is a bone chilling 7 degrees with a wind chill overnight -10s to -20s. Not going out in that and I will have to look at the weather forecasts for tomorrow this evening as what I saw a few minutes age showed a overnight of 10 degrees. The Key will be wind, no wind for Tuesday. The one good thing is that it is a Holiday and around where I am the roads are dry, further North the road conditions are variable.

https://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/the-us-military-used-lasers-to-shoot-down-a-drone-in-19-1713754569
    The US Military Used Lasers to Shoot Down a Drone in 1973

https://gizmodo.com/the-computer-simulation-that-almost-started-world-war-i-1686123550
    The Computer Simulation That Almost Started World War III

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/777x-gigantic-plane-could-change-080000250.html
    777X: the gigantic plane that could change flying forever is nearly here

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/mini-pigs-growing-to-be-a-big-problem
    'Mini pigs' become growing problem as animal shelters become inundated with overgrown swine

https://komonews.com/news/local/scientists-id-another-possible-threat-to-orcas-pink-salmon
    Scientists ID another possible threat to orcas: pink salmon

https://www.kentucky.com/news/local/counties/fayette-county/article224555325.html
    So-called ‘flushable wipes’ pile up in Lexington sewers

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's superlative Sunday! 1C/33F with an expected high of 3C/37F and 0% chance of precipitation. Sounds like it might be a somewhat pleasant, if cold, day.

Need to feed the felines and get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up. And I want a nap today.Nothing else hot on the agenda.
    Sunday it was quite a bit warmer here, then the rain moved out for long enough to let things dry up and then in the afternoon the Arctic Blast of cold air moved in.
    Stuart tries 50 year old military rations.
    I could be wrong, however 50 Year Old Peanut Butter, Jam & Crackers will likely not kill You, The Peanut butter may have turned rancid and the Jam to crystallized jam OTOH The Cracker depending on the recipe is likely good for more years. And off topic, Fruit Cake seems to last forever when properly made.
    HIGH PROTEIN CARIBBEAN FEAST! VEGAN
    Not Being a fan of Caribbean food, at least the ones I have tried...
    More keto diet meals.
    I doubt the claim that this is "The Only Keto Diet Video You Need To Watch". Having said that the left hand food looks tasty.
    More vegan meal prep.
    I suspect that Valerie will get more out of this than I will :wink:
    And, for dessert, let's join the Irish people trying Hostess snacks.
    Looks interesting, I either do not remember the taste from when I was young or my impression from the last time I tried a that the filling had a chemical aftertaste means they tinkered with it.
    Midnight super blood great spirit moon! Good morning and good night y'all. It's past midnight and I've turned into a pumpkin.

qtrgp5b6smae.png
    I turned Pumpkin around 10PM and it was supposed to start at 10:45PM and I could not stay awake, darn it, I wanted to see it too. Thanks for the Photo.

Currently between typing here I am drinking the Coffee I brewed, I also have enough left over to Microwave for tomorrow whether or not I decide to go walking. I pulled the Thermal Bottoms out of the dresser drawer in case I do go walking, Carhart brand if anyone is curious.

Thank You for the Videos and Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Day! Noon happened a bit ago!
    I've done laundry, bedding, and it's almost ready to come out of the dryer. (interrupted by Tom, who wanted out. Stood in the door, sniffing, then turned tail and left the door to me! The cold wind was blowing into the house. Can't blame him!!
    I"ve done part of my exercise for the day. Will do more later. I'd entertained the idea of going to the gym...Ha! Not unless this wind dies down. I've cooked rice, cleaned up after the cat, and other chores. Lots still to do, so I guess I can safely say I will l not be bored this after!

Tomorrow, O and I are going shopping together. !!!. She texted me Fri evening asking if I wanted to do that. Of course I did. I'm hoping its 'inside' the Mall of GA, and not a satellite store that she needs a ride to!! :)

I'm learning that the watch is not up to instantly recording some of the simpler things. Like I spent several minutes unloading the dishwasher, and rinsing the rice, etc....all standing, but limited 'moving'. I checked. No credit for 'standing'...until just a bit ago, and bingo my standing count went from 4 events to 5. (I all but yelled at it for not giving me credit...suppose that helped??? LOL!!)

I can't wait to see several of these video's and ditto on the articles. I will have plenty to keep me busy while I get the rest of my exercise goal!

Not looking forward to the weather we've been promised for the week, ending next weekend with ?snow?. Not time to panic, its a week off, so chances are not too great that the kids will be making snow men or women!

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    I do not Blame Tom E for that, I am not even inclined to open the door and see how it feels outside. I do feel sorry for those that have to be outside in this weather, That would be Firemen, Police, and even the delivery people that deliver from Chinese and Italian. I also suspect that later on the News Broadcasts will be talking about how many no start calls AAA have done today. The Poor Firemen must be covered in Ice from fighting fires.

It is not the amount of walking I usually do, however The only walking today is likely to be from here to other rooms in the house :( Tomorrow is another day :wink:

I believe that the watch recorded the standing, and that to save battery life it only syncs periodically and only then if there is something to sync. Transmitting is what uses more power from the battery. I have two remote sensors on the front porch, one goes to three receivers on the main floor and the other connects to the Clock Radio. The Clock Radio one is so I can see what the outside temps are at night in a dark room. That one seems to update every few minutes, Likely to enhance battery life. BTW I might have yielded to temptation and yelled at it just to feel better, It isn't as if anyone would be close enough to hear the yelling. The watch may even prioritize and upload heavy activity instantly ?

There is a warming trend for the upcoming week with rain and possibly snow for several days of the week :(

BTW I put most of today's coffee into a Thermos since the bedroom is running cooler that usual, 69.5 degrees and that is where the gauge is at head height, I suspect that where I am sitting is cooler since heat rises.

Enjoy the Shopping Trip with O
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous arctic Monday!

-6C/22F (feels like 15 - I'll just take their word for that, thanks) with an expected high of 6C/42F and no chance of precipitation. It's *KITTEN* cold out there!

I was feeling cold when I got up, but once I got moving I was OK.

For breakfast I made a real cold weather treat for me, that I haven't had in quite a long time. Fluffy biscuits and sausage gravy!

I dumped an unmeasured amount of self rising flour into a medium bowl, added a good blob of butter flavored shortening, blended into the flour with a fork, a splash of white vinegar, and some whole milk, in lieu of buttermilk, to make a couple of large drop biscuits.

While these were baking in the toaster oven, I made gravy.

I made a roux with some oil and flour, browned the roux slightly, added salt, pepper, and milk, and cooked, stirring often, until thick, and added a lot of turkey sausage crumbles and cooked a little longer just to heat up the sausage.

I feel nicely full and totally satisfied. :)

Definitely want to get a nap in today, as the cats weren't having the "let me sleep in" thing this morning.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    I guess it's not a secret lasagna any more...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSyOEbr0tKg