Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,189 Member
    edited January 2019
    Several burger gadgets reviewed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWLkFZ_ZJ2c
  • parityanimal
    edited January 2019
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Noon!!
    Yeah, news on. Read only so far today. Several of the video's I want to watch. AND I want to compliment your brother Roger...some really great 'toons' today. Will send several of those to share with my 'non-fb' friends.

I finally got on my recumbent bike. Its quite old, (what isn't in this house?), but the watch still reports my heart rate, etc. It shorted me one minute, but not worth quibbling about. May/may not go to the gym. I'm pretty good here.

Those Green/fresh garbanzo beans! They do need to be shelled, and cooked. Though the cooking process is in water. And only for a few minutes...so that's all good. Looked for a recipe for Green Garbanzo Bean Hummus. And first recipe on the list?? Was Whole Foods! I"ll shell and cook what I have, but I think I will need a few more pods of beans. They are not really pricy, so not an issue. The hummus is worth the extra fuss, and so seldom on the cold bar, that I don't mind making some. At least once! :)

Yeah Roger, Tom E. is very careful not to be caught 'in the garage'! He's just a funny critter!

Ok, I need to do a couple odd chores and then think about lunch. I also think my load of dark clothes are all dry in the dryer...so first chore..... Yep!

Later...

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member

01/16/2018 100%

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 27 degrees with a breeze. The Weather forecast for Friday, Saturday and Sunday are not looking all that promising.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/de-blasio-pitches-plan-to-seize-private-property-of-problem-landlords-opponents-cry-communism
    NYC Mayor De Blasio pitches plan to seize private property of problem landlords, opponents cry ‘communism’

https://apnews.com/e5f748251c2245da8ff84acab19edf36
    Why US classrooms are starting to resemble arcades

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20190109-what-we-can-learn-from-overweight-pets-about-human-obesity
    Our pets: the key to the obesity crisis?
    Even animals that aren’t eating too much or exercising too little are getting fat. If we can figure out why, we may have the key to our own obesity crisis – and how to stop it.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/01/15/st-charles-cars/
    Chicago Residents React To Police Checking Unlocked Cars In Western Suburb

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/religion/2019/01/15/lifeway-research-survey-says-young-adults-dropping-out-church/2550997002/
    What new LifeWay Research survey says about why young adults are dropping out of church

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    6Bp9q9.png

eg77sX.gif

yZbNje.jpg

ao5D5w.jpg

qHRExp.jpg

eg77sX.gif

aSjD2o.gif

kVFM59.gif
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. -1C/30F with an expected high of 12C/54F and no chance of precipitation.

I am typing with the Dvorak keyboard layout, albeit slowly.

Need to clean up yesterday's cat bowls and feed the felines.

Refrigerator is all fixed and we didn't lose much.
    Hi Ed
    I am sure that with a bit of persistence and usage that You master the Dvorak keyboard layout.

That's good news, Being curious, what was the problem ?
    Guilt free snacking.
    Guilt free snacking, That's for me.
    Kids Try "Pizza" from ATW
    Hmm... That sounds interesting.
    Vegan Cauliflower Wings | 2 Ways
    They Look Good, I would skip the Pickle chips however.
    Several burger gadgets reviewed.
    Hands work for me, My brother bought a metal gizmo that allows the thickness to be adjusted and these days it sits covered in dust in the cupboard.
    Chia healthy parfait?
    Pass on this one.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Noon!!
    Yeah, news on. Read only so far today. Several of the video's I want to watch. AND I want to compliment your brother Roger...some really great 'toons' today. Will send several of those to share with my 'non-fb' friends.

I finally got on my recumbent bike. Its quite old, (what isn't in this house?), but the watch still reports my heart rate, etc. It shorted me one minute, but not worth quibbling about. May/may not go to the gym. I'm pretty good here.

Those Green/fresh garbanzo beans! They do need to be shelled, and cooked. Though the cooking process is in water. And only for a few minutes...so that's all good. Looked for a recipe for Green Garbanzo Bean Hummus. And first recipe on the list?? Was Whole Foods! I"ll shell and cook what I have, but I think I will need a few more pods of beans. They are not really pricy, so not an issue. The hummus is worth the extra fuss, and so seldom on the cold bar, that I don't mind making some. At least once! :)

Yeah Roger, Tom E. is very careful not to be caught 'in the garage'! He's just a funny critter!

Ok, I need to do a couple odd chores and then think about lunch. I also think my load of dark clothes are all dry in the dryer...so first chore..... Yep!

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    Thanks to my brother for those Cartoons, He seems to find them :wink:

I should start using my recumbent again, especially given the forecast for Friday through Monday for my area.
    That would be precipitation starting around Midnight tonight, Then Saturday evening into Sunday and whatever is left will freeze into a slippery mess for Monday when the temperatures are dropping into the single digit.

since You like the Hummus why not make it.

Laundry is a chore for me too.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    edited January 2019
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 0C/32F with an expected high of 10C/49F and 70% chance of precipitation.

Need to get the felines fed and yesterday's food bowls cleaned up. And I need to get my pot roast started and get to the doctor so he can berate me for the holiday eating habits.

The refrigerator actually just needed to be power cycled. But since we had been unable to use the ice maker or in-door filtered water for ages, due to a leak in the water line, we had that repaired while we had a technician here.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    edited January 2019
    And dinner is started. Yes, there is a big chunk of bottom round under all that.

No need to click. It is just a picture.

v0rv5e13s22c.png
  • RogerToo
    CFrcE7.jpg

4z58ne.gif

lnwW7I.jpg

D0Io8a.gif

RodXh7.jpg

JF6KyT.gif

WoKJeq.jpg

1TrdP1.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm home and did not go walking Thus no money was found. I decided to sleep in today as I was very tired and decided why take the chance of slipping on the snow. The Temperature outside is 30 degrees. The Weather forecast for Friday for snow overnight was accurate, Even where they brined the street it is mostly white.

https://www.bloombergquint.com/businessweek/united-neuroscience-s-alzheimer-vaccine-just-might-work#gs.H166B1qu
    A First Step for a Family Biotech’s Vaccine Against Alzheimer’s

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/16/well/move/exercise-brain-memory-irisin-alzheimer-dementia.html
    How Exercise May Help Keep Our Memory Sharp
    Irisin, a hormone that is released during exercise, may improve brain health and lessen the damage that occurs during Alzheimer’s disease.

Not a Surprise to me FWIW
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nyc-restaurants-cut-staff-hours-to-cope-with-minimum-wage-hike-hitting-15/
    NYC restaurants cutting staff hours as minimum wage hits $15

https://www.sfgate.com/weather/article/airplane-wheelie-Truckee-Tahoe-airport-snow-13540108.php?utm_source=sfgate&utm_medium=article&utm_campaign=breakingnow
    'Sierra cement' knocks airplane onto its tail on runway at Tahoe airport

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fake-washington-post-newspapers-distributed-dc-1176560
    Fake Washington Post Newspapers Distributed in D.C.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 0C/32F with an expected high of 10C/49F and 70% chance of precipitation.

Need to get the felines fed and yesterday's food bowls cleaned up. And I need to get my pot roast started and get to the doctor so he can berate me for the holiday eating habits.

The refrigerator actually just needed to be power cycled. But since we had been unable to use the ice maker or in-door filtered water for ages, due to a leak in the water line, we had that repaired while we had a technician here.
    Hi Ed
    So what You are saying is that Your refrigerator crashed just like a computer does. Did You get the filter replaced or is it replaceable ? I would think it is changeable.

We had a ice maker in the previous refrigerator and when it died with the scant use of the ice maker we did not bother getting an ice maker in this one.
    All About Eggs
    I had scrambled eggs fried in butter yesterday for Breakfast, Tasty. The three recipes in the video do not sound as if they are something I would eat. Avocado Toast with Poached Eggs, I never eat poached eggs , Shakshuka, lost me at the Peppers, Egg Soufflé with Bacon Arugula Salad, Meh.
    Stick The Ice Cube In The Mashed Potatoes
    Potatoes, Yum, Yum :blush:
    Chefs Review Kitchen Gadgets Vol.7
    I have to wonder who buys these and why. Many of them appear to be solutions in search of a problem :smile:
    I Went To A Super Fancy KFC
    black truffle chicken wings and crawfish paninis. ? Sounds expensive, especially the Black Truffle Chicken Wings. Crawfish or any form of seafood water dwellers, Pass.
    Hearty No-Lettuce Salads To Help You Reach Your Goals
    In what world is it a salad without some version of lettuce ?
    And dinner is started. Yes, there is a big chunk of bottom round under all that.

No need to click. It is just a picture.
    Looks delicious, Do I see 1/2 Onions, Potatoes, Baby Carrots and of course seasoning ?

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Hi Valerie
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fabulous foggy Friday! 8C/46F with an expected high of 13C/56F and 10% chance of precipitation.

Need to clean up yesterday's cat bowls and feed the cats. Breakfast was leftover roast.

The water leak was in the line to the refrigerator, so I had the water to it shut off and no water was getting to any part of the refrigerator. No filtered water or ice because simply no water. We had been that way for a year or two at least.

I did install a new filter, of course.

I need to get laundry started.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...