Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    JxPXXq.jpg

34pu8n.gif

3DBwnE.gif

kR4aTn.gif

ivc5QL.jpg

ptIn8f.gif

A67fOs.jpg

nCEPPT.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 35 degrees and the walking was more or less OK. There is a breeze blowing causing a wind chill on the exposed surfaces that are not covered by the hoodie.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/08/1-in-5-millennials-with-debt-expect-to-die-without-ever-paying-it-off.html
    1 in 5 millennials with debt expect to die without ever paying it off

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/techandscience/drug-to-clear-zombie-cells-from-body-could-be-first-anti-ageing-treatment-after-‘impressive’-human-trial/ar-BBRZpiV
    Drug to clear 'zombie cells' from body could be first anti-ageing treatment after ‘impressive’ human trial

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/01/08/physicians-see-spike-in-patients-with-virus-lasting-a-month-or-more/
    Physicians See Spike In Patients With Virus Lasting A Month Or More

https://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/06/26/dont-believe-everything-you-read-on-the-internet-and-6-ways-to-be-more-skeptical/
    Don’t Believe Everything You Read On The Internet (And 6 Ways To Be More Skeptical)

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/751994/nasa-news-spaceship-crash-asteroid-deadly-strike-earth-dart
    NASA is planning to smash a spacecraft into an asteroid in the next phase of its planetary defence experiment.

Have a Really Good Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hello Guys! I had a lot of reading and some watching to catch up on...Script waiting for me at Costco, house chores are in need of being done...and O has gymnastics tonite...
    Yep, not much to do!! LOL! (that's what retirement is all about, right?)

Don't worry about the many meat vid's. Meat is just not a trigger for me. Nor eggs, and NEVER milk! so you see what's left here don't ya? RIGHT deserts!!! LOL! Now those, yep, those are a trigger. But good to watch and not eat....all of the little 'things' made from veg, fruit and cheeses way to cute!!

Roger do you suppose the deafness isolates people, and therefore may cause depression? I tried to find the actual 'study' that the article was based on...no luck.
    Your brother's idea of non-watching the 1st oval office upchuck was a good choice. No, I didn't watch.. Why would I...for one, you were right about the sequence of the whole charade. I just think he would have made a fab. circus clown/barker for Ringling.
    Hi Valerie
    I seem to have less free time since I retired also :(

I do not know why deafness has that effect. OK I used a link in the original article and found this
    https://www.studyfinds.org/depression-faster-brain-aging-memory-problems-older-adults/
    Depression Tied To Faster Brain Aging, Poor Memory In Seniors, Study Says
    From this article I see this
    Researchers from the University of Miami’s Miller School of Medicine examined 1,111 adults about 70 years old who haven’t suffered from strokes.
    and
    “Since symptoms of depression can be treated, it may be possible that treatment may also reduce thinking and memory problems,” says study author Adina Zeki Al Hazzouri in an American Academy of Neurology press release. “With as many as 25 percent of older adults experiencing symptoms of depression, it’s important to better understand the relationship between depression and memory problems.”
    Which has this link to a press release
    https://www.aan.com/PressRoom/Home/PressRelease/1649

I sometimes wonder if the way politics are handled these days has as one of its aim to turn people off from the process ?
    Ed, great laundry week for ya! LOL.
    I only had one real load of laundry this week. (I wear layers in the winter...so my dark laundry is always my friend.
    Tom E. still trying to kill me. He's getting worse and worse about being in the way of my locomotion!

Oh, I forwarded the pix of the first Dodge Ram to my little brother. I also have forwarded some video's to watch etc. He's just found 'religion' when it comes to eating healthy. Seems as though he's being 'threatened' with a diagnosis of T2D. Was told to lose weight, and they'd watch it till it becomes full fledged diabetes. Offered no other clue how to avoid it. Glad to see he's trying to clean up his eating, and they have (John and SIL) joined a gym, etc. This is a really crummy time to be diagnosed with ANYTHING, because of insurance not covering pre-existing conditions. Note to ALL of us...stay as healthy as you possibly can...now is no time to get tagged with any condition/disease, etc.
    I had been told that I was Pre Diabetic for years, I wish that I had known then what I do now, I could have avoided some numbness in my feet from those many years, Oh well, it is what it is.
    You might warn Your brother that even bear diabetes can cause a slow damage that creeps up on a person.

In what way does insurance not cover Preexisting conditions ? I could have sworn that was a part or the ACA and that it was still in effect ? FWIW I have not run into a limitation based on that.

My Brother liked the Dodge Ram Pix also.
    My watch wants me to get up and 'do anything' for the next minute or so.... yesterday I managed to 'over shoot' my standing goal. (this watch comes with default values) So, I stood up and moved 16/12 12 being the default and 16 what I actually did.! Guess I need to figure out how to bump up the goal a bit.

Ok, Tom E. the 'Valerie killer' is back in the house. So, I need to be on my way to Costco and get my script.

Later...
    (Unless I faint when I see the bill for one 3 month script....I'm in that part where I pay full price for the drugs. Stage 1 I think they call it. If that happens, I'll be given a nice ride in an ambulance and checked into the hospital.............) :wink:
    Nosy watch :wink:

Be careful tripping on things can lead to big problems, A fall in the house sent Mom to the Hospital for example.

I hope You enjoyed the Gymnastics.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. When I first logged on this morning, it was -2C/29F with an expected high of 7C/45F and 0% chance of precipitation.

It's thrilling Thursday! I have been up since about 5 after 6, and was pleased that Lilo let me "sleep in" that late. I've been distracted all morning (and most of last evening) configuring my new Windows notebook computer. I would have loved a newer, better MacBook, but that would have cost WAY more than we can afford right now and I'm not sure, anyway, if I want to continue growing with them as they continue to turn MacOS into iOS, as I was never quite as fond of iOS anyway. All the same, I have loved my Mac machines over the years but it will be fine going back to Windows, as I've kept up with it all along, though not using it all that much. I'll be using it now. And I'm considering going to a Dvorak key layout and trying to learn that, which will be very frustrating at first, I'm sure.

Need to get yesterday's food bowls cleaned up and finish installing the last bit of apps and such on the new Windows notebook. I'm typing this on my iMac.

And in a while I have to get J to the Marta so he can train down to the airport and head off for the weekend, to Miami, or at least that general vicinity, for a big plant show/sale.
    Hi Ed
    I am not sure if the Mac Computers are IOS in anything but name. Apple even refers to my little iPod as a IOS device, Huh ?

You are braver than I trying a new keyboard layout like a Dvorak, I have enough trouble with the slightly different layouts on the AIO, Big Desktop and Laptop keyboards. If it were a desktop keyboard many of them make it easy to move the keytops around, with a laoptop I would likely look for a overlay that can be applied to prevent voiding the warranty unless You wanted to get a external Dvorak keyboard that You could try. I did a quick search and found USB, Bluetooth and Wireless Keyboard mouse combos with the Dvorak layout.

I had a new windows update yesterday when I went to Hibernate this All In One desktop so I chose Update and shutdown. That works for me as I can choose "Restore Previous Session" from the History Tab in Firefox and be right back as if I had Hibernated. I saved the News Links in a wordpad document so that went easy too. Anytime I have a new computer or reload of windows I only install applications AKA Programs when I need them, I end up with fewer that way as there are usually some that I stopped using and never got around to uninstalling. The exceptions would be Anti-Malware and Antivirus.

I hope that J has a good trip.
    Brazilian Cheese Bread (Pão de Queijo)
    I remember buying some of this at the local Whole Foods in the past, It was tasty too.
    KFC SECRET Recipe Revealed? - Deep Fried vs. AIR FRIED - KFC's 11 herbs & spices
    You can find many recipes on the Internet that purport to be the KFC recipe. Deep fried vs Air Fried I'm not sure which would be better, OTOH I am sure that the KFC is deep fried. I do not know if they still do it the way they used to do with a Pressure cooker for the oil cooking.
    Irish People Try American Pringles
    They are trying something I haven't tried :smiley:
    Quick-Roasted Veggie Bowl Recipe
    Looks OK to me, I'll know more once I watch the all of the videos later.
    Can This Chef Hide A Mystery Ingredient in Brownies?
    Maybe, depends on the ingredient :smiley:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,201 Member
    edited January 2019
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! -3C/27F with an expected high of 11C/51F and no chance of precipitation.

I need to get the felines fed and get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up.

J made it to Miami OK, but they had an interesting check-in at the hotel.

The hotel assigned them two rooms and gave them two keys, but the key that gave G, his traveling companion, wouldn't get them into the door they sent them to. From what I can gather, the internal latch had been set.

The front desk assured them there was no one in that room and then (this is where it gets weird) gave J and G, two guests, the tool to open the internal latch. They did so and discovered that the room was, indeed, occupied and the man sleeping in there (fully unclothed) was not a happy camper!

It turned out that they had sent her to the wrong room. Her room was supposed to be next to J's room and they had coded her key for a room a couple of doors down.

Now...whey the *KITTEN* would the front desk assume no one was in the room and give two non-hotel employees the tool to open the inner latch, when there is NO WAY that the inner latch could have been set if the room was not occupied????

For one, they broke any reasonable security rules by giving that tool to guests, rather than sending a hotel employee to check on that. The guests might have been assaulted or even shot by the occupant! And then there's the question of why the person(s) at the front desk would even think that it made sense to not, at that point, check to make sure they had sent her to the right room, and, regardless, re-code her key to another room, rather than allowing two guests to break into an obviously occupied room.

I certainly hope that neither J nor G happens to encounter that particular guest again in their stay, as that would be awkward, at best.

And the personnel who sent them up there, with the tool, needs some re-training on how to deal with such a situation.

So, to get our minds off that bizarre scenario, here is a different check-in tale. Chicken check-in. Or how chicken gets from the farm to the table. Discounting, of course, those chickens that just get grabbed by grandma and go straight to the farmhouse kitchen and then dinner.

https://www.chickencheck.in/farm-to-table/?fbclid=IwAR29kYXbGQfKY5LcapKWbF9Behp38iG8YYuGWi6XT5oy7Q70ArIwbw1QDTM

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Last night's dinner was delicious!

I rubbed the pork loin with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and crushed rosemary, then roasted it, on a rack, uncovered, at 350 for about two hours, having put a half cup of water in the pan under it to keep the drippings from burning. Then, while it was standing, covered, for 30 minutes, I turned the oven to 425 and I baked a box mix Betty Crocker Parmesan Asiago potato casserole, and drained the meat pan drippings to use later for gravy. Then I turned the oven to 475 and popped the pork loin back into the oven to crisp up, for ten minutes. While it was crisping up, I made the gravy, and ate most of my salad.

Then I cut myself a couple of slices of the pork loin, and served them to myself, with gravy, and a nice helping of the potato casserole, about a quarter of it.

xvszfm0dfvod.png
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    Some tips on food prep, apparently?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17Bagme20IM
  • parityanimal
    edited January 2019
    I think I may have actually tried these, many, many years ago and found them to be...edible, technically, but definitely not something I'd choose again. If they were put in front of me, I'm sure I would be OK with eating them, but people could definitely put something more appetizing in front of me. I remember trying a number of the Loma Linda canned meatless "meat" items and finding them all to be rather bland, and with an odd texture, and haven't had any great desire to go back and try them again, or to try new versions of them. They're not BAD, but lord, they aren't good. Or perhaps they're just not to my taste. They stay available so someone must be eating them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2VFTgkSXKQ
  • RogerToo
    Aa4wcO.jpg

429Njk.gif

8Dmn9a.jpg

Kkp0Fq.gif

ldPDIN.jpg

voEJNh.gif

WKvex7.gif

TQwnTS.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and the first money of the new year was found, That would be one whole penny. The Temperature out the door was 17 degrees and the walking was OK due to the absence of any wind.

https://www.onlineathens.com/news/20190110/athens-woman-pushing-car-arrested-for-dui
    Athens woman pushing car arrested for DUI

https://www.news.com.au/technology/science/earths-magnetic-pole-is-on-the-move-fast-and-we-dont-know-why/news-story/341c92307a6b19d25b38836c6097be9d
    Earth’s magnetic pole is on the move, fast. And we don’t know why
    Earth’s magnetic field is what allows us to exist. It deflects harmful radiation. It keeps our water and atmosphere in place. But now it’s acting up — and nobody knows why.

https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/education/article222627985.html#storylink=trendingstories
    This Cal Poly student runs a restaurant out of his apartment. Now he’s writing a cookbook

https://morningconsult.com/2019/01/10/americas-most-and-least-popular-senators-q4-2018/
    America’s Most and Least Popular Senators

https://www.axios.com/regulators-amazon-house-brand-products-385ac5c1-e3e8-4c5f-b7fa-40beca19ceb3.html
    Amazon's house-brand products become a target for regulators

Have a Really Good Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! -3C/27F with an expected high of 11C/51F and no chance of precipitation.

I need to get the felines fed and get yesterday's cat bowls cleaned up.

J made it to Miami OK, but they had an interesting check-in at the hotel.

The hotel assigned them two rooms and gave them two keys, but the key that gave G, his traveling companion, wouldn't get them into the door they sent them to. From what I can gather, the internal latch had been set.

The front desk assured them there was no one in that room and then (this is where it gets weird) gave J and G, two guests, the tool to open the internal latch. They did so and discovered that the room was, indeed, occupied and the man sleeping in there (fully unclothed) was not a happy camper!

It turned out that they had sent her to the wrong room. Her room was supposed to be next to J's room and they had coded her key for a room a couple of doors down.

Now...whey the *KITTEN* would the front desk assume no one was in the room and give two non-hotel employees the tool to open the inner latch, when there is NO WAY that the inner latch could have been set if the room was not occupied????

For one, they broke any reasonable security rules by giving that tool to guests, rather than sending a hotel employee to check on that. The guests might have been assaulted or even shot by the occupant! And then there's the question of why the person(s) at the front desk would even think that it made sense to not, at that point, check to make sure they had sent her to the right room, and, regardless, re-code her key to another room, rather than allowing two guests to break into an obviously occupied room.

I certainly hope that neither J nor G happens to encounter that particular guest again in their stay, as that would be awkward, at best.

And the personnel who sent them up there, with the tool, needs some re-training on how to deal with such a situation.

So, to get our minds off that bizarre scenario, here is a different check-in tale. Chicken check-in. Or how chicken gets from the farm to the table. Discounting, of course, those chickens that just get grabbed by grandma and go straight to the farmhouse kitchen and then dinner.

https://www.chickencheck.in/farm-to-table/?fbclid=IwAR29kYXbGQfKY5LcapKWbF9Behp38iG8YYuGWi6XT5oy7Q70ArIwbw1QDTM
    Hello Ed
    I can explain why they were given that tool. Common sense has been discarded from the educational curriculum as has problem solving.

If I were the guest that they opened the door on I would be all over the hotel with complaints and likely be asking for some form of compensation. How could You sleep well after having the sense of security destroyed like that.

The other question is why the clerk did not double check or at least send a employee with them to use that tool ? So Weird.
    Last night's dinner was delicious!

I rubbed the pork loin with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and crushed rosemary, then roasted it, on a rack, uncovered, at 350 for about two hours, having put a half cup of water in the pan under it to keep the drippings from burning. Then, while it was standing, covered, for 30 minutes, I turned the oven to 425 and I baked a box mix Betty Crocker Parmesan Asiago potato casserole, and drained the meat pan drippings to use later for gravy. Then I turned the oven to 475 and popped the pork loin back into the oven to crisp up, for ten minutes. While it was crisping up, I made the gravy, and ate most of my salad.

Then I cut myself a couple of slices of the pork loin, and served them to myself, with gravy, and a nice helping of the potato casserole, about a quarter of it.
    That dish of food looked so tasty and I loved the browning on the Potato Casserole. The Brown Gravy looks like it turned out great, Is that bits of the Pork Loin in it or bits of Mushroom or ??

I was in the Grocery store Thursday and looked at the hot food section, I picked up Dry Rub Spare Ribs that were not as tasty as usual and since they looked so good a small spoon of Scalloped Potatoes which turned out to taste OK except that Scalloped Potatoes should not be Crunchy !
    Speaking of chickens...
    Old Chicken Joke.
    There are two chickens, one on each side of the road, One chicken asks the other chicken, How do I get to the other side, the one asked that question says "You are on the other side"
    Press The Ground Beef Into The Cake Pan. Then Get THIS From The Sto....
    I can't be bothered to shape things like that.
    Put Dough On Parchment Paper In A Sieve. Sounds Weird, But It's Worth It!
    It does indeed sound weird, a interesting way to do a *Bao Bun Burger* IMO.
    Some tips on food prep, apparently?
    Prepackaging foods ahead maybe ?
    I think I may have actually tried these, many, many years ago and found them to be...edible, technically, but definitely not something I'd choose again. If they were put in front of me, I'm sure I would be OK with eating them, but people could definitely put something more appetizing in front of me. I remember trying a number of the Loma Linda canned meatless "meat" items and finding them all to be rather bland, and with an odd texture, and haven't had any great desire to go back and try them again, or to try new versions of them. They're not BAD, but lord, they aren't good. Or perhaps they're just not to my taste. They stay available so someone must be eating them.
    A meatless Hot Dog, I guess it will take a lot of things to make it edible. As You say someone must be buying them, there would never be enough bought by people that want to try them to keep them on the market.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hello Valerie

I hope Your weather is OK, What I saw in the weather forecasts did not look that good for Your area.

The forecast keeps changing. Friday the forecast from two different TV stations indicated and inch of more and the other a trace or complete miss for my area, Which is it, Likely a third forecast would be different too. All the Computer models and fancy weather satellites and that is the best they can come up with a forecast arrival 30 hours in the future :(

Stay Dry & Warm
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's supposedly soggy Saturday! 4C/39F with an expected high of 4C/40F and 80% chance of precipitation.

Need to clean up yesterday's cat bowls. Felines have already got their food for today set out and most of the canned breakfast food eaten. I took a break from pork loin this morning and had mac and cheese for breakfast.

Need to get a nap in. Haven't changed over on keyboard as yet, but may ponder that when J gets home from Florida. He says he has some stickers that can go on the keys, or he may be able to assist in changing out the key caps themselves. We'll see...I may look into changing them myself. But I fear damaging. I'll probably wait.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    edited January 2019
  • parityanimal
    edited January 2019
    Irish people taste snacks from Malta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB9s9M2dJcQ
  • parityanimal
    Instapot keto cheesecake. Sounds instaresting...er interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz9mEpLvrzk
  • parityanimal
    43 outrageous desserts we definitely don't need to eat before we die...or perhaps eating them all would cause us to die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VZdAU2oIrY