Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! 5C/41F with an expected high of 19C/66F and 0% chance of precipitation. Sounds like a lovely day, but sure doesn't sound like January!

Need to pay some bills, clean up yesterday's cat bowls, and maybe do a little sweeping up and straightening up. Might even decide to go outside and make some vitamin D.
    Hello Ed
    So far so good for today, Later this evening if I remember last nights weather forecast a mix of Rain, Sleet or snow moves into the area with the type of precipitation depending on where You are. This is supposed to last into early Tuesday :(

Outside for natural Vitamin D vs ingesting it :smiley:
    Some things to make when the pantry is nearly bare.
    Looks like it will be interesting.
    Some low carb dinners.
    A timely video as that is what I need in my diet.
    I think this first one would be good with chicken instead of tuna. The second one looks pretty good, but both have too many carbs I think.
    Canned Chicken looks like Tuna and to me is a perfect replacement for most things. I will likely make nothing from this video as Too many carbs would be bad.
    7 hearty meals with, according to them, awesome fillings.
    From the list below the video most of them sound as if they would be high carb.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi. Finally some screen time. Ted came out...and it was lawn time. He blew the last of the neighbors oak leaves, and I trimmed my butterfly bush, and cut off the zebra grass. Plant will be so happy...I usually get busy and it doesn't get cut back before the new growth starts. I also napped after Ted left. We had a 'watch' session. Simple little things...like when I was in Kroger the phone started ringing, if I had put the palm of my hand over the watch, it would have silenced the ringing. Not cancel the call, just silence the noisy ringing! How neat is that? I don't really know how the Apple watch expels water, but you can wear it swimming, in the shower, washing dishes, etc. because of its water spitting ability!
    2000 steps...the exercise is a separate entry. It is dependent on heart rate rising and temperature also..So, when I get back to the gym my step count will be separate from my around the house, etc. (I think...you realize I haven't been to the gym yet. But I can tell the watch I'm going to use the row machine...and it gives me a countdown, and then it records the length of time I use the machine. Some of our machines are blue tooth enabled, so I'm curious to see how that works...also I have indoor walking (think TM) or outdoor walking, running, etc.
    Hello Valerie
    Getting the yard ready early I see. I see that there are lots of neat features in the Apple Watch, excluding the price :smiley:
    To change gears...we had a SUNNY weekend. That after 7...Seven weekends to all rain, or part rain. Sure was nice to see that shiny object in the sky! Going to be partly cloudy tomorrow...still beats the heck outta rain!

Ah, the pig....Its orange and has yellow spots..I'll try to take (if I remember) to send a pix later. Its latex, its a dog toy, it OINKS! I'm sorry, I laugh every time I look at it. So I am going to give it to Jack...they have 2 dogs who play with toys...Ted's dog doesn't play..at all. Neither did his first Husky..) I had more fun with that dufuss pig in Kroger....all the way to the checkout, and the checker had one for her dog..and the bagger could hardly stop laughing at the grunting pig. So, I set it on the floor, and made it grunt and freaked out Tom E. He wouldn't go down the hall where it was.. I really didn't think he'd freak...so pig is on the hall table, and only oinks when Tom's outdoors!
    We did have a bright shiny thing come out yesterday afternoon, It appeared at the worst possible time since around 2:30 to 4:30 it reflects off of the Porch window into my eyes when I try and watch the Noon news off of the DVR.

Dufuss or Doofus or ??
    I wonder if it freaked the cat out because it was a new loud noise ?
    Tamale pie would be a quick and so easy way of having tamale's without having to soak the husks, make the corn maize, fill, roll, bake, etc. Yeah...much easier to make the pie. Same with the taco pie... and please, Roger, please do not judge Mexican food by what you buy at Taco Bell...is like comparing a McDonalds hamburger with a big thick T-bone steak. Nothing wrong with either, but..... Also, in my opinion some of the best foods I've eaten have come from little hole in the wall places!

I have a cat crying at me. Thinks after eating a tin of food, and a couple tablespoons for canned tuna, and having a small hand full of kitty treats..he thinks I should give him more treats???? Ho ho ho!

t3dtkaqem7k8.jpeg
    Yep...dog toy that oinks LOL for days now!

Later...
    I'm not judging all Mexican Food by what I had a Taco Bell, I am also throwing in what I tried in some of the other Mexican Eateries. I had more Authentic Mexican out in the Newport Beach area of California.

Comparing McDs Burgers to a Steak is sort of like a Apples to Oranges. McDs to Burgers from other eateries is another thing, FWIW I do like a Big Mac once in a while. Not to mention the commercials for some of their limited time Burger look pretty good, That means the commercial is working. I had Good BBQ from small roadside locations in the south on vacation too.

The thing to remember is that to a Cat You are the servant :wink:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,201 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! 4C/39F with an expected high of 18C/66F and 0% chance of precipitation.

Need to feed the felines and clean up yesterday's cat bowls. Probably need to do some laundry since J is back, but he hasn't got that ready to roll just yet.

As it should be a pleasant day, I may get out in it and let the sun shine on me for a minute or two to grow some more of my own home made vitamin D, though I do take a supplement for that.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    edited January 2019
  • parityanimal
    edited January 2019
    Mistakes to avoid when cooking pasta. Plus a bonus video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPm8GKknSmY
  • parityanimal
    What if you only ate pizza for a year? Aside from being as big as a house and probably never wanting to see pizza again, as long as you live, that is...assuming you even survive the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShIMcNfDkbM
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning!
    It's not quite 9 a.m. Tom's been feed and is now outside, (his choice)...and my friend laundry is swimming, er..washing. Coffee tastes good this morning. It's the first time I've really enjoyed it since before Christmas. :(
    I've read everyone's posts..but only watched the pizza video. (was curious to see where they were going with that one.) Several of the others look interesting...as do several of your articles Roger, as well as the cartoons! I've been enjoying the Shoe cartoons, thanks for posting them!

Ed, glad J is home again! I know a couple of kitties are glad as well!! Question from curiosity ...do your cats try to walk in front of you, between your feet, and other 'health risks' (LOL). I can't imagine that they do, or you'd never be able to walk across a room with 4 of them. I'm guessing Tom E. being a lone cat does this maybe as cue's to what he wants? Like being guided to the cat food cabinet? or the door? I just figure one day the old guy will succeed in tripping me, and some part of me will get broken. Not a fun thought. But I have learned to walk cautiously and not go just tearing thru the house at full throttle.

Sunny morning. I think its supposed to be partly sunny all day! Score another win for the weather!
    (Somebody I've never seen around here before is surely enjoying the sunshine. Tall female, wearing a bright red jacket has come dancing her way up our street, and is now just 'getting down' in the cul de sac. This gal is not walking.)
    Maybe a new way to 'spice up' your morning walks Roger??? LOL!!

Ok, laundry is ready to visit the dryer, and I need to get going...

Later...

• parityanimal

Question from curiosity ...do your cats try to walk in front of you, between your feet, and other 'health risks' (LOL). I can't imagine that they do, or you'd never be able to walk across a room with 4 of them. I'm guessing Tom E. being a lone cat does this maybe as cue's to what he wants? Like being guided to the cat food cabinet? or the door? I just figure one day the old guy will succeed in tripping me, and some part of me will get broken. Not a fun thought. But I have learned to walk cautiously and not go just tearing thru the house at full throttle.

I believe that ALL cats do this. It's almost like instinctive or something. They somehow know exactly where to dash (and when) to be the most in the way. If I'm going down the hallway, they suddenly decide not only to race me but to do so by running between my legs, perhaps to ensure that they win the race. If I try to put a foot down where they won't be, suddenly that's where they dash to and I nearly fall trying to NOT step on them.

Sometimes I have to quietly push Dinah (or another, but usually Dinah) to one side with my foot to finish making their breakfast as she wants to sit right under there in case I drop anything that she can eat.

We shuffle a lot instead of necessarily picking up our feet...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Ed!!! Shuffle sounds like a really great idea! I will have to try that. If I leave the kitchen or the dining room I can watch on the floor for a shadow that is not mine! That way I'm not 'taken by surprise'. Sometimes I do accidentally do step on little toes...I hate when that happens...I think it bothers me more than Tom E. he'll let out a yelp, and continue on under my feet. I do not understand cat.
    But I shall try shuffling and see if that helps. Thanks!!!
  • RogerToo
    8NKNQu.jpg

vP3nZe.jpg

2FpDRE.jpg

Xmdjxp.gif

rM2NV0.jpg

L8NDee.gif

kO2btY.jpg

dv3R8R.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 32 degrees and the walking was OK considering. I say considering since there was a light freezing rain falling that left a pebbly effect on all the exposed surfaces that were above street level. Luckily the streets and sidewalks were not icy.
    Looking out from the porch I could see one Deer standing in the street, When I stepped out it ran around the corner and joined 2 more.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1067563/wiltshire-news-trowbridge-woman-fined-feeding-birds-wiltshire-council-maureen-francis
    Woman fined for feeding birds in HER OWN garden

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/04/opinion/sunday/metoo-new-yorker-conde-nast.html
    Must Writers Be Moral? Their Contracts May Require It
    “No way. I’m not signing that,” a New Yorker writer said when she saw the terms.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/local-las-vegas/e-cigarette-ignites-fire-on-flight-from-las-vegas-to-chicago-1566622/
    E-cigarette ignites fire on flight from Las Vegas to Chicago

https://news.gallup.com/poll/245789/record-numbers-americans-leave.aspx
    Record Numbers of Americans Want to Leave the U.S.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/hard-digest-inmates-eat-holiday-steak-during-shutdown-while-prison-n954971
    Hard to digest: Inmates eat holiday steak during shutdown while prison workers go unpaid
    Some Florida prisoners mocked the guards while feasting on a New Year’s Day lunch of grilled steak, garlic macaroni biscuits and holiday pies, worker says.

Have a Really Good Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! 4C/39F with an expected high of 18C/66F and 0% chance of precipitation.

Need to feed the felines and clean up yesterday's cat bowls. Probably need to do some laundry since J is back, but he hasn't got that ready to roll just yet.

As it should be a pleasant day, I may get out in it and let the sun shine on me for a minute or two to grow some more of my own home made vitamin D, though I do take a supplement for that.
    Good Morning Ed
    The rain/freezing rain/snow seems to have arrived on schedule. Since I was seeing the freezing rain I'm going with Snow north of me and rain south of me :) As long as the traction on the streets stays OK the morning rush may be OK.

Laundry day today :( Not my favorite chore due to the required folding.

Enjoy the Sun
    The new fast food?
    The Image looks like flattened Plantains in the process of being fired, I'll find out how accurate I am once I watch the Video :smile:
    Mistakes to avoid when cooking pasta. Plus a bonus video.
    Mistakes, overcooking or under-cooking, who wants crunchy pasta. The text under the video says "This is why you'll never drip-dry pasta with a sieve again" I drain mine and TBH I do not reserve the water the pasta was cooked in which is likely the mistake referenced above. I want mine dry so that the Butter and then the Tomato Gravy adhere or in the case of Mac & Cheese the Butter followed by the cheese adhere, especially critical with the Kraft Dinner so it is not to creamy and that the contents of the cheese packet adhere. I also do not use milk with my Kraft Dinner.
    What if you only ate pizza for a year? Aside from being as big as a house and probably never wanting to see pizza again, as long as you live, that is...assuming you even survive the year.
    With so many varieties of Pizza ?? Do You remember the person that only ate Subway food for a period of time and there was someone else that only ate Potatoes and neither blew up into a whale.
    Perslice Review: "Perfect" Cake Slicer?
    A solution in search of a problem as I see it. I'm sure that there are more durable versions in use commercially.

Question from curiosity ...do your cats try to walk in front of you, between your feet, and other 'health risks' (LOL). I can't imagine that they do, or you'd never be able to walk across a room with 4 of them. I'm guessing Tom E. being a lone cat does this maybe as cue's to what he wants? Like being guided to the cat food cabinet? or the door? I just figure one day the old guy will succeed in tripping me, and some part of me will get broken. Not a fun thought. But I have learned to walk cautiously and not go just tearing thru the house at full throttle.

I believe that ALL cats do this. It's almost like instinctive or something. They somehow know exactly where to dash (and when) to be the most in the way. If I'm going down the hallway, they suddenly decide not only to race me but to do so by running between my legs, perhaps to ensure that they win the race. If I try to put a foot down where they won't be, suddenly that's where they dash to and I nearly fall trying to NOT step on them.

Sometimes I have to quietly push Dinah (or another, but usually Dinah) to one side with my foot to finish making their breakfast as she wants to sit right under there in case I drop anything that she can eat.

We shuffle a lot instead of necessarily picking up our feet...
    Interesting, I know I do not need a trip hazard in my life. Good Luck avoiding Your Cat.

That makes sense as a reason for Dinah to do that, unless it is some sort of cat curiosity ?

I tend to shuffle and I have no explanation why, I had not noticed it until my brother mentioned it.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    It's not quite 9 a.m. Tom's been feed and is now outside, (his choice)...and my friend laundry is swimming, er..washing. Coffee tastes good this morning. It's the first time I've really enjoyed it since before Christmas. :(
    I've read everyone's posts..but only watched the pizza video. (was curious to see where they were going with that one.) Several of the others look interesting...as do several of your articles Roger, as well as the cartoons! I've been enjoying the Shoe cartoons, thanks for posting them!
    Hello Valerie
    Does that mean You have been drinking the Coffee but not really enjoying it ? I'm sorry to hear that if true.

I am interested in the Pizza video too.

I try and pick interesting news that appeals across a broad spectrum as well as the best cartoons out of the many I get via my brother.
    Ed, glad J is home again! I know a couple of kitties are glad as well!! Question from curiosity ...do your cats try to walk in front of you, between your feet, and other 'health risks' (LOL). I can't imagine that they do, or you'd never be able to walk across a room with 4 of them. I'm guessing Tom E. being a lone cat does this maybe as cue's to what he wants? Like being guided to the cat food cabinet? or the door? I just figure one day the old guy will succeed in tripping me, and some part of me will get broken. Not a fun thought. But I have learned to walk cautiously and not go just tearing thru the house at full throttle.

Sunny morning. I think its supposed to be partly sunny all day! Score another win for the weather!
    (Somebody I've never seen around here before is surely enjoying the sunshine. Tall female, wearing a bright red jacket has come dancing her way up our street, and is now just 'getting down' in the cul de sac. This gal is not walking.)
    Maybe a new way to 'spice up' your morning walks Roger??? LOL!!

Ok, laundry is ready to visit the dryer, and I need to get going...

Later...
    Lucky You, Sunny and reasonably warm too.

If I tried dancing down the street they would be picking me up off of the street especially after a crowd built up.
    I remember one time back in the 60s or 70s It was a nice day and I was stuck waiting through the lunch period to make my pickup so I crawled under the truck and stretched out, I woke up surrounded by people asking if I was OK.

Laundry is on my list too, I pulled the washcloths and towels this morning to throw in with the rest of the colored clothes.
    Ed!!! Shuffle sounds like a really great idea! I will have to try that. If I leave the kitchen or the dining room I can watch on the floor for a shadow that is not mine! That way I'm not 'taken by surprise'. Sometimes I do accidentally do step on little toes...I hate when that happens...I think it bothers me more than Tom E. he'll let out a yelp, and continue on under my feet. I do not understand cat.
    But I shall try shuffling and see if that helps. Thanks!!!
    Shuffling is likely why my shoes do not last as long as they used to last.

Don't feel bad no one really understands cats :smiley:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 9C/49F with an expected high of 18C/64F and 30% chance of precipitation.

Need to feed the felines and clean up yesterday's cat bowls. I used the last syringe/needle combo to give Lilo this morning's shot so I need to get to the vet for some more of those, and while I'm out I'll probably run by Kroger and check out the used meat section.

And I need to get J to make sure his laundry is ready so I can run that today.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    edited January 2019
    Val, all the videos today are rather...meaty, though some of the ones in this first one could certainly be made vegan. A restaurant pastry chef tries to make dinner for 50 using mostly leftovers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G28lW0dvg4U
  • parityanimal
    Exotic meat party, video 1 of 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8CZXwftrlo
  • parityanimal
    Exotic meat party, video 2 of 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgVGhWJIcOM
  • parityanimal
    Exotic meat party, video 3 of 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNvFg0ykVho
  • GardenKatGardens
    Hi Guys.
    I'm sure you all will read this in the morning.
    Trip to see my Chiro...she had some adjustments to make from my coughing for 3 weeks!
    Then I begged off from going to Trader Joes with Ted. Went to Whole Food grabbed what was going to be lunch when I got home, and a few other items...can you say yellow phalaenopsis?? WOW..and on sale, a whole wall of on sale orchids for $10 each. Mine of course is, I think, special. It had a big main branch with 2 o pen blooms, and half dozen or so buds..and TWO side branches that are not a developed yet as the main branch...this little guy is going to bloom for many months! I've never had a yellow one..so I'm excited! My Whole Foods trip was some what of a disappointment....no Chicken Fried Tofu..which is why I went there!!! But they did have a marsala tofu and I got some mashed sweet potato and their vegan mac & cheese...and, she said hanging her head...a vegan chocolate chip freshly baked cookie. I who wasn't going to eat junk til March...hmmm only a month into January. I have no backbone! am easily swayed! and my conscious is in Fla. on vacation???? :)

Made myself a nice stir fry tonite. Tom has eaten, and I'm looking at this vial of meds for my cough...I really want to sleep...I only half want to watch the POTUS try to defend his position on the wall...and I would really like to see Pelosi have her say...but I know I'll just fall asleep. Will have to hear about it tomorrow. (no replay in my house).

I have now successfully meet my goals for calorie burn, movement (every hour), and the breathing moments for 12 days now! Not to shabby. I hope I can get back to the gym next week. On the good side. Scale says I've lost a pound since New Year....that was BEFORE I ate the cookie!! LOL!1

Roger I did skim thru the posts, hope your weather didn't get any worse....freezing rain is not a good thing.
    Ed...I beat ya...did my clothes load yesterday!
    Ok..going to try to get Tom E. Cat to come into the house....and I'm going to bed!

Later...