Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's supposedly soggy Saturday! 4C/39F with an expected high of 4C/40F and 80% chance of precipitation.

Need to clean up yesterday's cat bowls. Felines have already got their food for today set out and most of the canned breakfast food eaten. I took a break from pork loin this morning and had mac and cheese for breakfast.

Need to get a nap in. Haven't changed over on keyboard as yet, but may ponder that when J gets home from Florida. He says he has some stickers that can go on the keys, or he may be able to assist in changing out the key caps themselves. We'll see...I may look into changing them myself. But I fear damaging. I'll probably wait.
    Hi Ed
    Nothing wrong with Mac & Cheese for Breakfast as long as it fits your dietary needs. If it was left over as if that would happen here, I would likely crisp it up in the skillet using Butter rather than Oil.

Laptop keyboards are very delicate and messing with them may void the warranty, Thus my suggestion for a external Keyboard or a key overlay. OTOH I do tend to the cautious side, a Lot :wink:
    One possibility is see if You can get a second keyboard for Your model to try the changeover with then if successful swap it in. Depending on the brand You might find a hardware service manual available from the manufacturer, Some are better than others, also look and see if YouTube has any how to videos.
    Instapot keto cheesecake. Sounds instaresting...er interesting.
    I reused this for someone doing Keto :smiley:

43 outrageous desserts we definitely don't need to eat before we die...or perhaps eating them all would cause us to die.
    Likely the latter is my guess.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Hi Valerie
  • RogerToo
    VPB22z.jpg

YBkB1y.gif

3yn4dM.jpg

xtfYAR.gif

CNy2AI.jpg

pp75y7.gif

qU2wKx.jpg

H3l1hs.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 30 degrees and the walking is OK. The snow in the forecast for my area is either not coming or is delayed, the forecast showed it overspreading my area overnight before the time I would be out the door. So far so good, Since I have not seen any weather reports today I do not know if further South which was forecast to be hit harder is getting any snow.

https://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Woman-can-t-hear-men-with-deep-voices-due-to-rare-13526385.php
    Woman can't hear men with deep voices due to rare condition

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/tel-aviv-ai-generates-food-pictures/
    A.I. can generate pictures of a finished meal based on just a written recipe

http://www.philly.com/health/opioids-pets-veterinary-medicine-abuse-20190111.html
    Pet opioid prescriptions have soared, Penn study finds. But who’s really using the meds?

https://www.sfgate.com/technology/businessinsider/article/gout-on-the-rise-symptoms-treatment-kings-disease-13523419.php
    A painful disease once known for afflicting wealthy kings is making a comeback, and fad diets like keto may be partly to blame
    Gout is on the rise as more Americans indulge in purine-rich foods like beer, bacon, and beef.

Have a Really Good Sunday
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Roger, could you hear me thinking of replies to your cartoons and the links to various subjects? LOL!!
    The cat perched on the sheep...top right..that's how Tom E.'s patterns look. :) Also, cats have found 'body warmers'....ha ha..no dumb kitties here!
    The man fishing in a pot hole... speaks volumes! Bet he catches a cold at best.
    burned the people, what to do with the letters? I've often wondered about that!! Gotta love the English/American language.

"https://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/tel-aviv-ai-generates-food-pictures/
    A.I. can generate pictures of a finished meal based on just a written recipe'
    Now this I want to see!!!! WOWZA!!!

Yep gout is called the affliction of the kings...its a form of arthritis, caused by inflammatory foods we eat. Not limited to meat... its really too bad there is a 'pill for that'....change in diet is a healthier, cheaper, way to go!!! Also I know people who swear by Tart Cherry Juice...again, a choice. Pill or a known inflammation fighter food.

Ok, going to post, pull up the next page and see what Ed's been up to....betting my money on more delightful food adventures???, cats???, laundry???, ok, tooo many Eduardo hats to mention them all.... :)

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Oh Dear!!! No posts from my fellow Gwinnett poster...
    Wonder if he has a keyboard problem....I hope not. That would be frustrating,...and I hope J is home to help!!! if not now, very soon!!

See, if that was my leftover mac & cheese, and I wanted to reheat it....toaster oven, or non stick pan. Why add more fat to an already fat dish? Just me... remember I'm the nut who's latched on to the phrase "The fat you eat, is the fat you wear". That phrase is something akin to "what is once seen, cannot be unseen"...

Ok, I have some battery corrosion in a couple of my battery op wax candles....my fault...I want to get them cleaned up, and may very well use them on my dining room table...(yup, they are on timers!)

I have a great bag of tea bags, Peppermint Chocolate flavor...and it is sooo good. I think I will fix that before I clean the candles. Hopefully will make the cleaning up a bit more enjoyable!?!?

Later...
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,189 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! 3C/38F with an expected high of 9C/49F and 10% chance of precipitation.

I've been up since about 5:45 but distracted by this and that. Now I'm pondering being distracted by lunch, which will finish off that pork loin. I've almost lost track of how many meals I got out of it but it was quite a few. I think lunch will put it at 7. That comes out to about 10 oz of protein per meal, which is a bit more than most eating plans call for but I generally go for a bit more protein and less carbs and fat, though I'm less strict about the fat than some.

Need to clean up yesterday's cat bowls and get a nap in. J is coming home very late tonight and, assuming he can catch that last MARTA train from the airport, I need to be at the station to pick him up. My plan is to be there, but not exactly with bells on...

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    Toast soup. For when you REALLY ain't got much around to eat...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b74jmh-wlEg
  • RogerToo
    Js7n5O.jpg

yWEA14.gif

odw80v.gif

LWhx4y.gif

BD4Dwe.jpg

OwI9mg.gif

Rwgo5Q.jpg

2iayDy.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 24 degrees and the walking was OK. While out walking I did see fairly close up 2 female deer.
    Yesterday's Snow was a non event in my area and ended before 9 AM. The roads had be brined and the brined area stayed snow free. According to the weather reports Sunday evening south NJ had a lot more snow.

https://weather.com/photos/places/news/2014-10-10-scariest-airport-runways-20130516
    World's Scariest Airport Runways (PHOTOS)

https://nypost.com/2019/01/11/widely-cited-study-of-fake-news-retracted-by-researchers/
    Widely cited study of fake news retracted by researchers

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/12/us/washington-highway-sign-420.html
    Washington State Wants to Stop Theft of Mile 420 Signs. Its Solution? Mile 419.9.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/01/12/man-forced-deny-running-japanese-restaurant-despite-having-large/?li_source=LI&li_medium=li-recommendation-widget
    Man forced to deny running Japanese restaurant, despite having large sign displaying his name outside

https://www.studyfinds.org/family-tree-history-third-americans-cant-name-all-grandparents/
    Do You Know Your Family History? Third Of Americans Can’t Even Name All 4 Grandparents, Survey Finds

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Roger, could you hear me thinking of replies to your cartoons and the links to various subjects? LOL!!
    The cat perched on the sheep...top right..that's how Tom E.'s patterns look. :) Also, cats have found 'body warmers'....ha ha..no dumb kitties here!
    The man fishing in a pot hole... speaks volumes! Bet he catches a cold at best.
    burned the people, what to do with the letters? I've often wondered about that!! Gotta love the English/American language.

"https://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/tel-aviv-ai-generates-food-pictures/
    A.I. can generate pictures of a finished meal based on just a written recipe'
    Now this I want to see!!!! WOWZA!!!

Yep gout is called the affliction of the kings...its a form of arthritis, caused by inflammatory foods we eat. Not limited to meat... its really too bad there is a 'pill for that'....change in diet is a healthier, cheaper, way to go!!! Also I know people who swear by Tart Cherry Juice...again, a choice. Pill or a known inflammation fighter food.

Ok, going to post, pull up the next page and see what Ed's been up to....betting my money on more delightful food adventures???, cats???, laundry???, ok, tooo many Eduardo hats to mention them all.... :)
    Hi Valerie
    Nope, I didn't hear You thinking, Could I be losing my hearing ?

Heh, Wool Body warmers for the cats. Some fishermen need little excuse to go fishing.

Ah ha, I had forgotten that Cherries or Cherry juice as a treatment for gout is supposed to work. If You ever had a Gout attack You would be glad there is a pill for that. I had an attack back in the 70s and had no clue why my foot was so painful. I went to a foot doctor and was educated and given some pills that knocked it out quickly. That was my first and last attack thankfully.
    Oh Dear!!! No posts from my fellow Gwinnett poster...
    Wonder if he has a keyboard problem....I hope not. That would be frustrating,...and I hope J is home to help!!! if not now, very soon!!

See, if that was my leftover mac & cheese, and I wanted to reheat it....toaster oven, or non stick pan. Why add more fat to an already fat dish? Just me... remember I'm the nut who's latched on to the phrase "The fat you eat, is the fat you wear". That phrase is something akin to "what is once seen, cannot be unseen"...

Ok, I have some battery corrosion in a couple of my battery op wax candles....my fault...I want to get them cleaned up, and may very well use them on my dining room table...(yup, they are on timers!)

I have a great bag of tea bags, Peppermint Chocolate flavor...and it is sooo good. I think I will fix that before I clean the candles. Hopefully will make the cleaning up a bit more enjoyable!?!?

Later...
    Well, I know what You are saying about adding fat, OTOH I am not saying to have it swimming in it, I just like it crispy and a Butter Pat in the skillet will keep it from sticking while adding a bit of taste.

I use Duracell for 99% of my battery needs. The good for using them is that if they leak once they are dead the crud that builds up brushes off easily and doesn't seem to corrode the contacts. I hope Your corrosion comes of easily.

Peppermint Chocolate flavor, I hope they taste better than the White Chocolate Seltzer does. That is one of the few things that both my brother and I threw out after tasting it and we hate wasting food.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! 3C/38F with an expected high of 9C/49F and 10% chance of precipitation.

I've been up since about 5:45 but distracted by this and that. Now I'm pondering being distracted by lunch, which will finish off that pork loin. I've almost lost track of how many meals I got out of it but it was quite a few. I think lunch will put it at 7. That comes out to about 10 oz of protein per meal, which is a bit more than most eating plans call for but I generally go for a bit more protein and less carbs and fat, though I'm less strict about the fat than some.

Need to clean up yesterday's cat bowls and get a nap in. J is coming home very late tonight and, assuming he can catch that last MARTA train from the airport, I need to be at the station to pick him up. My plan is to be there, but not exactly with bells on...
    Hi Ed
    Our snow was just enough to cover the surface before melting off, It did make our chance of Precipitation 100%.
    That does sound like a fair amount of protein, Am I remembering wrongly that too much protein can cause problems ?

And if J misses the last train ? In our metro area mass transit runs overnight if at a reduced rate.
    Impossible Burger now impossibly close to the real thing
    Looks real, If anything I thought that the Impossible Burger was made using vat grown meat before I read the description under the video. BTW the tomatoes did not look very ripe either.
    The mother of all dishes?
    A meal with *Beef Tenderloin With Homemade Bacon Butter, Duchess Potatoes, and a Spinach Parmesan Sauce* sounds pretty good to me.
    Toast soup. For when you REALLY ain't got much around to eat...
    I actually watched this one yesterday maybe a sidelink off of one of the videos You posted.
    I Tried Authentic Chinese Sweet and Sour Pork For The First Time
    Interesting, I'll be sure to watch this one first when I start watching the Videos later.
    I Made a Giant Dorito Burrito
    Since I do not care for Doritos this is something I would not make.

Thanks for the Video Links
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! 8C/46F with an expected high of 8C/47F and 0% chance of precipitation.

I have been up for hours, but did manage to mostly sleep in until 7:00 by throwing Lilo out when she tried to get me up at her usual 5:30...and then closing the bedroom door to go back to bed. J's plan was delayed and it looked like he wouldn't be able to catch the last train, so I drove to the airport to get him. We got to bed around 2:00 a.m. and I still didn't really want to get up at 7:00 but I'll try to get a nap in.

I have been out and about, having paid off the endodontist this morning, and then went Krogering (for the best of everything, including the price), and then a stop at the vet to get kibble for Lilo.

Val will get that "for the best of everything" bit, as it has been part of their jingle for ages.

Sticking something in the microwave for lunch now.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...