Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi,
    Caught up on the posts! I did watch the Toast Soup. At least its a step up from the beginnings of Stone Soup! Now sure I'd 'love it' but like most of these Hard Times recipe's they would be better than starving'
    I did not read why a third of us Americans cannot name all 4 grandparents....just shook my head several times. We really are a screwed up nation.
    Misread Ed's comment about 'the best of everything....' And went back several days trying to figure it out...Yes, it was my jingle for awhile. For sure. I need to go by there, but I think not today.

I am tired, and weak, and just all done in...had to give up 5 or 6 tubes of blood today... The pity was that the waiting room was FULL of people..several with quite a cough! And I was in that area for an HOUR...held prisoner I was. Yup! Also had to make a new appointment for the Annual Physical..they called Sat. afternoon and said Lil Doc would not be available on next Monday...sooooo. Got that taken care of..

Came home to discover sneaky cat was in the garage for the nearly 2 hours I was gone!!! Many Moons ago when he was a little tiger he got into the garage and fell from I guess the top of a long wall of storage shelving...and got stuck. I could hear him...but my older hearing aids were not directional, so I had NO idea where he was. Had to get the help of a neighbor who had 'natural' ears to even show me which side of the garage he was in...Found the little devil...so today's lock in is twice........

I'm going to nap now. I should head for the gym...hate 'should', so napping instead!! LOL!!

Roger I'm guessing you missed that big snow storm by not so many miles as it blew out to sea. My brother in MO took pictures of his snow clearings. (he has a snow plow)..U of MO is closed, so both he and my SIL are home today!

I think that's all I know...and my warm little bed is calling...(I had to set an alarm and get up early to go wait at the doc's.... ::( ) Up early, no banana, no coffee, Pity Party!!!!

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Oh, in case you couldn't see the twinkle in my eye....was just kidding about how I felt. Feel fine. Did have to wait a very long time to donate though. Never had that long a wait. Its been a gray ugly day...had a nice nap. Funny how naps go better in crummy weather!
    Til in the morning......
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    wD0TKg.jpg

CBcU86.gif

ZhktEQ.gif

y2VwaE.gif

si4sBk.jpg

KN3MDq.gif

eaD4Mh.jpg

bbSP1E.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 19 degrees and the walking was OK. I did a mail run and dropped 7 items into the slot inside the lobby as we do not use the Box outside the the post office for obvious reasons, Obvious to us anyway.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/12/europe/german-uboat-northern-france-scli-intl/index.html
    German WWI U-boat resurfaces off French coast

https://apnews.com/c7924a64199e46da88488d5a0fe8c7bc
    Industry wary of alternatives tries to protect a word: meat

https://www.showbiz411.com/2019/01/11/oscar-slagging-2019-dirt-thrown-against-green-book-other-films-is-carefully-orchestrated-and-not-a-coincidence
    Oscar Slagging 2019: Dirt Thrown Against “Green Book,” Other Films, is Carefully Orchestrated and Not a Coincidence

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! 8C/46F with an expected high of 8C/47F and 0% chance of precipitation.

I have been up for hours, but did manage to mostly sleep in until 7:00 by throwing Lilo out when she tried to get me up at her usual 5:30...and then closing the bedroom door to go back to bed. J's plan was delayed and it looked like he wouldn't be able to catch the last train, so I drove to the airport to get him. We got to bed around 2:00 a.m. and I still didn't really want to get up at 7:00 but I'll try to get a nap in.

I have been out and about, having paid off the endodontist this morning, and then went Krogering (for the best of everything, including the price), and then a stop at the vet to get kibble for Lilo.

Val will get that "for the best of everything" bit, as it has been part of their jingle for ages.

Sticking something in the microwave for lunch now.
    Hi Ed
    Not the best thing to have happen, A delayed flight. Was the airport that much farther than the MARTA station ?

Was there anything good selling cheaply at Kroger ?
    *Stuffed Cabbage Cake*
    That sounds like a Giant Stuffed Cabbage to me after looking at the recipe.

5 Keto Recipes That Will Fill You Up
    Interesting, Until I watch this I am wondering the 5 recipes are, I will also reuse this one in a message thread where a couple of people are doing Keto.
    Shuwa Shuwa Slime -Japanese EDIBLE blue SNOT SLIME kit with sprinkles | Whatcha Eating?
    I do not think it would sell here with that name :smiley:
    HERO INGREDIENT Recipe Relay Challenge
    Not everything works with Cauliflower
    Top 10 Foods with Protein and No Carbs
    That sounds really interesting

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi,
    Caught up on the posts! I did watch the Toast Soup. At least its a step up from the beginnings of Stone Soup! Now sure I'd 'love it' but like most of these Hard Times recipe's they would be better than starving'
    I did not read why a third of us Americans cannot name all 4 grandparents....just shook my head several times. We really are a screwed up nation.
    Misread Ed's comment about 'the best of everything....' And went back several days trying to figure it out...Yes, it was my jingle for awhile. For sure. I need to go by there, but I think not today.

I am tired, and weak, and just all done in...had to give up 5 or 6 tubes of blood today... The pity was that the waiting room was FULL of people..several with quite a cough! And I was in that area for an HOUR...held prisoner I was. Yup! Also had to make a new appointment for the Annual Physical..they called Sat. afternoon and said Lil Doc would not be available on next Monday...sooooo. Got that taken care of..
    Hi Valerie
    I have to wonder how many of today's young people even know what stone soup is...

I hate it when I can not get clear of ill people that are coughing, That is a way to end up catching it, I hope You Flu shot works.
    Came home to discover sneaky cat was in the garage for the nearly 2 hours I was gone!!! Many Moons ago when he was a little tiger he got into the garage and fell from I guess the top of a long wall of storage shelving...and got stuck. I could hear him...but my older hearing aids were not directional, so I had NO idea where he was. Had to get the help of a neighbor who had 'natural' ears to even show me which side of the garage he was in...Found the little devil...so today's lock in is twice........

I'm going to nap now. I should head for the gym...hate 'should', so napping instead!! LOL!!

Roger I'm guessing you missed that big snow storm by not so many miles as it blew out to sea. My brother in MO took pictures of his snow clearings. (he has a snow plow)..U of MO is closed, so both he and my SIL are home today!

I think that's all I know...and my warm little bed is calling...(I had to set an alarm and get up early to go wait at the doc's.... ::( ) Up early, no banana, no coffee, Pity Party!!!!

Later...
    No problem from the cat in the garage this time ?

I do not recollect if they mentioned on the weather reports that the snow line was out to sea or not.
    I did see video of the snow fall elsewhere on the TV news, Last night the two news broadcasts I watched could not resist showing the video of a Pickup Truck pulling a 18 wheeler.
    Oh, in case you couldn't see the twinkle in my eye....was just kidding about how I felt. Feel fine. Did have to wait a very long time to donate though. Never had that long a wait. Its been a gray ugly day...had a nice nap. Funny how naps go better in crummy weather!
    Til in the morning......
    I did miss the twinkle :smiley:
    The long wait tells how the Flu season is progressing at a guess.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,189 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 2C/35F with an expected high of 10C/50F and 0% chance of precipitation.

Need to get felines fed and clean up yesterdays bowls. And I need to clear out the refrigerator so the repairman can come and take a look at it this afternoon. I got critical items moved out to the garage last night, either in the big freezer or the little refrigerator out there.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    edited January 2019
  • parityanimal
    edited January 2019
  • parityanimal
    One way to make hot water cornbread. I love hot water cornbread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDe5e83yfr0
  • GardenKatGardens
    I watched the hot water cornbread. Never had, nor had I heard of it. Whoowee!!! Does look good, but she's made me terribly hungry. Going to fix my dinner. Should be back in a bit. WHOOWEE!!! LOL!!
  • GardenKatGardens
    This is 'Piggy Girl' going to finish up for the night. I watched 2 of the vid's Ed...the KC fried Seitan Chicken. I seriously doubt I'd go to the trouble to make myself that recipe, but it was well worth watching....learned a thing or 3 also. Brits have funny names for things...kitchen paper = paper towels...OK... and he put the broth on the hob. Now, I'd heard that before, but it had been quite awhile. Anyhow...will catch the other 2 video's tomorrow morning.

Roger...yeah I wasn't real comfy with the guy who was coughing...but on the other hand, not too many people go to the Doc. when they're healthy, eh?? AND "I have to wonder how many of today's young people even know what stone soup is..." Probably very few...I will have to remember to tell the Grandkids that story next time I'm over. My kids heard it and when I was subbing younger kids at school, I used that story to help them calm down or to 'fill time' if I needed a few extra minutes...Jack made up his own version of it, called Dunham Soup!! Leftovers in a can or two of Chicken Noodle Soup! Was always good, and a cheap easy meal for him.

Cat is acting crazy...I washed his soft plushy blanket, and put it back on the couch...he goes over, comes right back to where I am, loudly fusses at me...walks back to the couch...comes back.ETC. Finally went over there, picked him up and set him on his clean blanket, stood and petted him a bit....he seems to be ok now...Weird weird cat...

Roger I know you get tired of my shopping escapades...but today at the Mexican Market I had a learning experience....I've seen these light green small fat pods before but never knew what they were...well, today I read the price sign (I'm getting better at reading Spanish!) and they are fresh garbanzo beans!!! GREEN garbanzo beans. I will be educating myself tomorrow on exactly what to do next. Whole Foods on occasion would sell 'green garbanzo bean hummus' on their cold bar......and it was delicious...slight green color, not green as grass :) hummus. So, hopefully I can find out what I need to know to pull this off. Like do I dry them? roast them' use them fresh? hmmmmmm.
    Also I got one open in the market, and they are not easy to open...or at least that one wasn't. There has to be an easy way to do that.

Saw a couple of my old gym members at the gym today that I hadn't seen in ages...so I spent well over an hour, more like nearly 2 hours, for 19 minutes of actual working out. But, my whole aim for going was to see if I could
    work my watch....and that part went well.

Ok, have a kitchen to clean up....last night I found a recipe for Creamy Vegan white peppered gravy...you know like what came from the fried chicken skillet...also called milk gravy...Rice flour, unsweetened almond milk, pepper, a tad of salt, and rubbed sage... It is delicious...and I over ate. Made half a recipe...and ate darn near all of it. I have some 'fake sausage patties' in the freezer....this weekend I see sausage gravy over something....maybe biscuits, maybe rice, maybe just the heel of that loaf of Irish Bread on my kitchen counter??? Loved bread and gravy as a kid. (no wonder I was a chunky little kid). (Teen), Collegian), Mom, and Adult. geeze.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    q5Y5nK.jpg

gateR7.gif

XquL3c.jpg
    Pass

LTKyzE.gif

gCVk9F.jpg

Hyh09L.gif

Vmmbtk.jpg

ED2f0G.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 21 degrees and once again the walking was OK. The Weather forecast for Friday, Saturday and Sunday are not looking all that promising after watching the latest forecast this morning.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/magma-under-the-yellowstone-supervolcano-is-rising-and-scientists-warn-that-a-major-eruption-would-devastate-the-entire-planet
    Magma Under The Yellowstone Supervolcano Is “Rising”, And Scientists Warn That An Eruption Would Devastate The Entire Planet

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2019/01/14/detroit-auto-show-debuts-retro-cars/2546120002/
    Detroit auto show 2019: Why GM, Ford, Toyota are bringing dead cars back to life

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/traveler-carries-gun-from-atlanta-to-japan-after-going-through-airport-screening/903900169
    Atlanta passenger gets gun through TSA, alerts officials in Japan he still has it

https://www.bloombergquint.com/businessweek/the-super-secure-quantum-cable-hiding-in-the-holland-tunnel#gs.NFh3QrEV
    The Super-Secure Quantum Cable Hiding in the Holland Tunnel

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/airlander-10-prototype-new-model-gbr-intl/index.html
    World's biggest aircraft, Airlander 10, moves toward commercial model

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 2C/35F with an expected high of 10C/50F and 0% chance of precipitation.

Need to get felines fed and clean up yesterdays bowls. And I need to clear out the refrigerator so the repairman can come and take a look at it this afternoon. I got critical items moved out to the garage last night, either in the big freezer or the little refrigerator out there.
    Hi Ed
    No Precipitation in our forecast until Thursday evening into Friday.

I do not recall You mentioning refrigerator problems, Luckily You had a backup way to preserve the contents. JUst from curiosity, did it just stop cooling ? Free estimate I hope.
    Easy veggie pasta.
    Not being that fond of beets I think I'll pass on trying this one.
    KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN BURGER VEGAN
    Vegan Chicken Burger? It looks OK if a bit too much bread.
    Several vegan options.
    Vegan Steak, Fish Sticks, Mozzarella, and More, Since I do not eat Fish Sticks and am wondering if it is just Mozzarella or Fried Mozzarella...
    The "Steak" Looks good however.
    One way to make hot water cornbread. I love hot water cornbread.
    That is something I never heard of. Does it have a different taste or texture ?

Thanks for the Videos, I'll be watching them in a little while
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I watched the hot water cornbread. Never had, nor had I heard of it. Whoowee!!! Does look good, but she's made me terribly hungry. Going to fix my dinner. Should be back in a bit. WHOOWEE!!! LOL!!
    Hi Valerie
    That is my problem I see something that looks tasty and then I want something to eat that I shouldn't be eating :wink:
    This is 'Piggy Girl' going to finish up for the night. I watched 2 of the vid's Ed...the KC fried Seitan Chicken. I seriously doubt I'd go to the trouble to make myself that recipe, but it was well worth watching....learned a thing or 3 also. Brits have funny names for things...kitchen paper = paper towels...OK... and he put the broth on the hob. Now, I'd heard that before, but it had been quite awhile. Anyhow...will catch the other 2 video's tomorrow morning.

Roger...yeah I wasn't real comfy with the guy who was coughing...but on the other hand, not too many people go to the Doc. when they're healthy, eh?? AND "I have to wonder how many of today's young people even know what stone soup is..." Probably very few...I will have to remember to tell the Grandkids that story next time I'm over. My kids heard it and when I was subbing younger kids at school, I used that story to help them calm down or to 'fill time' if I needed a few extra minutes...Jack made up his own version of it, called Dunham Soup!! Leftovers in a can or two of Chicken Noodle Soup! Was always good, and a cheap easy meal for him.
    I agree, the British use the same words to mean different things such as when they say the Pavement they mean the Sidewalk not the road. That is a new one to me where Kitchen Paper = paper towels :smiley:

I try and go to the doctors once a year for the Wellness Check, They draw blood, Do a EKG etc. Today's youths are being deprived by ignoring things because they are "old"
    Cat is acting crazy...I washed his soft plushy blanket, and put it back on the couch...he goes over, comes right back to where I am, loudly fusses at me...walks back to the couch...comes back.ETC. Finally went over there, picked him up and set him on his clean blanket, stood and petted him a bit....he seems to be ok now...Weird weird cat...

Roger I know you get tired of my shopping escapades...but today at the Mexican Market I had a learning experience....I've seen these light green small fat pods before but never knew what they were...well, today I read the price sign (I'm getting better at reading Spanish!) and they are fresh garbanzo beans!!! GREEN garbanzo beans. I will be educating myself tomorrow on exactly what to do next. Whole Foods on occasion would sell 'green garbanzo bean hummus' on their cold bar......and it was delicious...slight green color, not green as grass :) hummus. So, hopefully I can find out what I need to know to pull this off. Like do I dry them? roast them' use them fresh? hmmmmmm.
    Also I got one open in the market, and they are not easy to open...or at least that one wasn't. There has to be an easy way to do that.
    Did You wash it with a scented laundry detergent possibly. That does not bother me, My brother OTOH uses a Hypoallergenic scent free laundry soap. The other possibility is that it just did not smell right with all the cat odor washed out :wink:

Actually I do not get tired, I learn things :smiley:
    Green Chickpeas, Interesting. FWIW I would think You would use them fresh, Otherwise why not look for dried ones and save the money ? Maybe You use them like the Sweet Peas, Pod and all ?
    Saw a couple of my old gym members at the gym today that I hadn't seen in ages...so I spent well over an hour, more like nearly 2 hours, for 19 minutes of actual working out. But, my whole aim for going was to see if I could
    work my watch....and that part went well.

Ok, have a kitchen to clean up....last night I found a recipe for Creamy Vegan white peppered gravy...you know like what came from the fried chicken skillet...also called milk gravy...Rice flour, unsweetened almond milk, pepper, a tad of salt, and rubbed sage... It is delicious...and I over ate. Made half a recipe...and ate darn near all of it. I have some 'fake sausage patties' in the freezer....this weekend I see sausage gravy over something....maybe biscuits, maybe rice, maybe just the heel of that loaf of Irish Bread on my kitchen counter??? Loved bread and gravy as a kid. (no wonder I was a chunky little kid). (Teen), Collegian), Mom, and Adult. geeze.

Later...
    Now You sound like my brother, he gets to talking and much later he may stop or may go on...

Sausage, Biscuits & Gravy, Yum. When We were at the diner last eating Brunch with a friend my brother asked what happened to the Sausage, Biscuits & Gravy and the Creamed Dry Beef on Toast with the new owners new menus. The waitress who must have been a fairly recent hire said we had that, That sounds good. The Menu seems to be a bit lower in the amount of selections :( The Food was good, Just less of a selection, I did not investigate to see if it was only the breakfasts or everything. I think Milk or cream goes into any gravy my brother makes.

Did You ever throw a couple of slices of bread into the Bacon Grease in the skillet ?

I think I will make a Lower sugar Oatmeal for breakfast as I'm feeling a bit cold even though the room is 70 degrees :(

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. -1C/30F with an expected high of 12C/54F and no chance of precipitation.

I am typing with the Dvorak keyboard layout, albeit slowly.

Need to clean up yesterday's cat bowls and feed the felines.

Refrigerator is all fixed and we didn't lose much.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    edited January 2019