Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    iXKyvW.gif

85VoFV.gif

M8nquM.jpg

XGucua.gif
    So True

7AAuQP.jpg

SAFP8H.gif

KTwNtN.jpg
    o:)

ResLp9.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 41 degrees and the walking was OK considering that there is a brisk breeze blowing making it feel colder than yesterday IMO.

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-advice/travellers-stories/mum-saves-almost-17k-for-lavish-holiday-thanks-to-a-bizarre-hobby/news-story/c0a04b8d2dbb711ba5c8ca0177879959
    Mum saves almost $17k for lavish holiday thanks to a bizarre hobby

https://www.latimes.com/travel/la-tr-hawaii-big-island-post-volcano-20190106-story.html
    Hawaii Island isn't itself anymore. Lava and quakes have transformed it in interesting ways

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/01/07/monarch-butterfly-numbers-drop-86-california/2499761002/
    Monarch butterfly numbers plummet 86 percent in California

https://www.studyfinds.org/study-hearing-loss-linked-depression/
    Hearing Loss Linked To Depression In Older Adults

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019/01/04/la-sues-weather-channel-illegally-selling-private-data-mobile-app-users/
    LA Sues Weather Channel For Illegally Selling Private Data Of Mobile App Users

Have a Really Good Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 9C/49F with an expected high of 18C/64F and 30% chance of precipitation.

Need to feed the felines and clean up yesterday's cat bowls. I used the last syringe/needle combo to give Lilo this morning's shot so I need to get to the vet for some more of those, and while I'm out I'll probably run by Kroger and check out the used meat section.

And I need to get J to make sure his laundry is ready so I can run that today.
    Hi Ed
    Interesting, Can I guess that the syringes need a prescription or to be dispensed by the vet ?

Used Meat Section or Marked down AKA Bargain meats section ??

On the Plus Side I finally did my Laundry yesterday, Washed, Dried, and folded. Still to be done is put away mostly in the dresser drawers. I also weeded out two socks that had holes worn in the heels. That seems to be where they wear out anymore. I do have plenty of them washed and more unopened in the sock drawer too so no worries.
    Val, all the videos today are rather...meaty, though some of the ones in this first one could certainly be made vegan. A restaurant pastry chef tries to make dinner for 50 using mostly leftovers.
    When I looked at the video preview here I thought that was Marcus Samuelsson, Then when I opened it in another tab my guess was confirmed, I will be watching later. I know he has eateries in New York City from watching the Food Channel.
    Exotic meat party, video 1 of 3.
    In general I am not a fan of exotic, part of that being availability and thus price.

In Number Three, Pig Tongue, hmm...
    I have had Beef Tongue at a friends house where it was served with a raisin sauce. Nothing I would rush out to buy although I was nice, ate some and complimented Nadine on here cooking.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Guys.
    I'm sure you all will read this in the morning.
    Trip to see my Chiro...she had some adjustments to make from my coughing for 3 weeks!
    Then I begged off from going to Trader Joes with Ted. Went to Whole Food grabbed what was going to be lunch when I got home, and a few other items...can you say yellow phalaenopsis?? WOW..and on sale, a whole wall of on sale orchids for $10 each. Mine of course is, I think, special. It had a big main branch with 2 o pen blooms, and half dozen or so buds..and TWO side branches that are not a developed yet as the main branch...this little guy is going to bloom for many months! I've never had a yellow one..so I'm excited! My Whole Foods trip was some what of a disappointment....no Chicken Fried Tofu..which is why I went there!!! But they did have a marsala tofu and I got some mashed sweet potato and their vegan mac & cheese...and, she said hanging her head...a vegan chocolate chip freshly baked cookie. I who wasn't going to eat junk til March...hmmm only a month into January. I have no backbone! am easily swayed! and my conscious is in Fla. on vacation???? :)
    Hi Valerie
    That is why I try and let my brother do all the Grocery Shopping. The Grocery stores excel at tempting You to impulse buy items that You would not otherwise buy with things like Placement and even the scent. That is why Bakeries always worked at getting the smell of baking outside the door.

Marsala Tofu, Was it worth buying again. The Vegan Mac & Cheese was it tasty as You wanted ? Once Again, the Cookie was likely based on where it was in relation to the Hot Foods. The Whole Foods here has the Bakery next to the Hot Food area and the products look so good.

I did have some temptation type items yesterday that my brother brought back from a meeting. Those would have Been Sausage & Peppers, I took some of the Sausage and fished out the Sauteed Onions to go with them passing on the Bell Peppers. I also had some Lemon Chicken too. To compensate I skipped Dinner :wink: That seems to have worked as the scale showed that I was down from yesterday.
    Made myself a nice stir fry tonite. Tom has eaten, and I'm looking at this vial of meds for my cough...I really want to sleep...I only half want to watch the POTUS try to defend his position on the wall...and I would really like to see Pelosi have her say...but I know I'll just fall asleep. Will have to hear about it tomorrow. (no replay in my house).

I have now successfully meet my goals for calorie burn, movement (every hour), and the breathing moments for 12 days now! Not to shabby. I hope I can get back to the gym next week. On the good side. Scale says I've lost a pound since New Year....that was BEFORE I ate the cookie!! LOL!1

Roger I did skim thru the posts, hope your weather didn't get any worse....freezing rain is not a good thing.
    Ed...I beat ya...did my clothes load yesterday!
    Ok..going to try to get Tom E. Cat to come into the house....and I'm going to bed!

Later...
    The weather improved TBH, Then Around 11PM I heard rain hitting the window AC so things were nicely soggy :( outside this morning with a brisk breeze that is doing a good job drying things up.

Trying to avoid politics here, I did not bother to watch it either although I could have instead We finished watching the 5PM news and a show called "The Science of Stupid" a British TV show off of the DVR. We find it hilarious.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_of_Stupid

I can describe the broadcast despite not watching it, Potus says something and then the Networks put thei interpretation on it or fact check it until the end then the other side speaks. When or if You watch it let me know if I am right, Thanks.
    FWIW My brother decided to record it for later watching on the DVR from the CSPAN channel.

Congratulations on meeting Your goals
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,201 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 6C/42F with an expected high of 8C/47F and 0% chance of precipitation. So it's a bit cooler today than it has been, and the heat was even on when I got up. Or rather when Orion decided it was time to get up, and started bouncing off the walls in the bedroom.

Need to get one load of laundry folded and maybe start some bedclothes. And I need to feed the starving felines (I know they are starving because Dinah, as usual, is giving me the fisheye) and perhaps get out the door to Aldi and get some salad makings.

I've set a 4.41 pound pork loin out of the freezer and intend to cook it Friday. That should feed me for several meals. I just have to decide on sides. Depending on just how I decide to cook it, dressing/stuffing could be lovely with that, but mashed potatoes might be good too. Either one would need to be moderated in quantity, of course, and I would like to make some gravy to go with it if I prepare it in a way where stuffing or mashed potatoes would be good with it. I could, of course, slice it up into thick, boneless chops, and cook them in a barbecue sauce, which would also be good, and then the sides would likely be somewhat different.

At any rate, I am going to pop in some videos below, and then feed the felines and fold that laundry. Maybe get started on bedclothes or might wait on that.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    These both look pretty tasty. I'm sure the beef roll in the first one would be quite tasty without the bun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HDVJ3r6mis
  • parityanimal
    These are all just too cute!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rc-g0U8VVg
  • parityanimal
    These look like delicious things to do with baguettes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w802VgqVTrw
  • parityanimal
    How the world's first burger was made?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pnj_E5XFG4
  • parityanimal
    edited January 2019
    And more for laughs than anything, the "best" and "worst" Little Debbie snack cakes. Really? I think they are all pretty bad, at least health wise. Little Debbie is NOT our friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9NOJhNC9ew
  • RogerToo
    wRIyvP.jpg

0OmhHn.gif

AaOVLZ.jpg

t9KIJI.gif

DBO9Vy.jpg

DS4Klt.gif

rdGhou.jpg
    Yuck

MwsPtj.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 33 degrees and the walking was OK.
    There was a light snow falling as I went out the door, it appears to have ended by the time I returned home and it was enough to whiten the streets and not enough to cause traction issues while walking.
    With the small raise in the amount of SSI it works out to be $9.93 a month more than last year. I have not decided what to do with that huge sum :)

https://www.macon.com/news/nation-world/national/article224080395.html
    Frenzy stops traffic when chicken tenders spill on road. Don’t eat them, drivers told

https://abc7.com/society/ca-could-be-1st-state-to-discourage-use-of-paper-receipts/5037830/
    California could be 1st state to discourage use of paper receipts

https://abc7.com/health/experts-say-too-much-variety-may-be-dieters-downfall/5037897/
    Experts say too much variety may be dieter's downfall

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-08/samsung-phone-users-get-a-shock-they-can-t-delete-facebook
    Samsung Phone Users Perturbed to Find They Can't Delete Facebook

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/nepxbz/i-gave-a-bounty-hunter-300-dollars-located-phone-microbilt-zumigo-tmobile
    I Gave a Bounty Hunter $300. Then He Located Our Phone

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/NYC-Health-Care-Guarantee-Mayor-de-Blasio-504046171.html
    NYC Mayor Guarantees Comprehensive Health Care for All in Historic Surprise Announcement
    It's not health insurance; it's the city paying for direct comprehensive care for those who can't afford it or are undocumented, a spokesman said

Have a Really Good Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 6C/42F with an expected high of 8C/47F and 0% chance of precipitation. So it's a bit cooler today than it has been, and the heat was even on when I got up. Or rather when Orion decided it was time to get up, and started bouncing off the walls in the bedroom.

Need to get one load of laundry folded and maybe start some bedclothes. And I need to feed the starving felines (I know they are starving because Dinah, as usual, is giving me the fisheye and perhaps get out the door to Aldi and get some salad makings.

I've set a 4.41 pound pork loin out of the freezer and intend to cook it Friday. That should feed me for several meals. I just have to decide on sides. Depending on just how I decide to cook it, dressing/stuffing could be lovely with that, but mashed potatoes might be good too. Either one would need to be moderated in quantity, of course, and I would like to make some gravy to go with it if I prepare it in a way where stuffing or mashed potatoes would be good with it. I could, of course, slice it up into thick, boneless chops, and cook them in a barbecue sauce, which would also be good, and then the sides would likely be somewhat different.

At any rate, I am going to pop in some videos below, and then feed the felines and fold that laundry. Maybe get started on bedclothes or might wait on that.
    Hi Ed
    I guess it would not work to close the door to keep the cats out of the bedroom ?

Whee, Your laundry is started, Possibly I am weird in that everything I wear or sleep on or sleep under are all colored items. The Only whites I have would be a couple of white shirts to go with the suit. Thus I can throw anything that needs washing into one load.

Regarding the Pork Loin, Boneless chops, Stuffed Chops or a roast or a combination of all of them. Pulled Pork sounds good too.
    These both look pretty tasty. I'm sure the beef roll in the first one would be quite tasty without the bun.
    They do seem like they could be tasty, Bacon :wink: I'm not so sure about a beef roll in a Hot Dog Bun.
    I like real Beef Hot Dogs with Cheese, or Bacon or both and of course Chili Dogs.
    These are all just too cute!
    Interesting, OTOH likely nothing I would find a use for however.
    These look like delicious things to do with baguettes.
    Once again interesting, I suspect I would lean to the Ground Beef Version.
    How the world's first burger was made?
    Toasted Sandwich Bread and no Condiments ? I wonder how Texas Toast would work ? A shame I am trying to reduce carbs and thus some of these would be modified to use the low calorie, low carb bread.
    And more for laughs than anything, the "best" and "worst" Little Debbie snack cakes. Really? I think they are all pretty bad, at least health wise. Little Debbie is NOT our friend.
    Little Debbie has a been a School lunch staple for many a year.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/entertainment/dining/2019/01/09/njs-best-hot-dog/2517514002/
    And the best hot dog in NJ is...
    That's the way I like a Hot Dog Fried not boiled :smiley:

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Hello Valerie
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hello Guys! I had a lot of reading and some watching to catch up on...Script waiting for me at Costco, house chores are in need of being done...and O has gymnastics tonite...
    Yep, not much to do!! LOL! (that's what retirement is all about, right?)

Don't worry about the many meat vid's. Meat is just not a trigger for me. Nor eggs, and NEVER milk! so you see what's left here don't ya? RIGHT deserts!!! LOL! Now those, yep, those are a trigger. But good to watch and not eat....all of the little 'things' made from veg, fruit and cheeses way to cute!!

Roger do you suppose the deafness isolates people, and therefore may cause depression? I tried to find the actual 'study' that the article was based on...no luck.
    Your brother's idea of non-watching the 1st oval office upchuck was a good choice. No, I didn't watch.. Why would I...for one, you were right about the sequence of the whole charade. I just think he would have made a fab. circus clown/barker for Ringling.

Ed, great laundry week for ya! LOL.
    I only had one real load of laundry this week. (I wear layers in the winter...so my dark laundry is always my friend.
    Tom E. still trying to kill me. He's getting worse and worse about being in the way of my locomotion!

Oh, I forwarded the pix of the first Dodge Ram to my little brother. I also have forwarded some video's to watch etc. He's just found 'religion' when it comes to eating healthy. Seems as though he's being 'threatened' with a diagnosis of T2D. Was told to lose weight, and they'd watch it till it becomes full fledged diabetes. Offered no other clue how to avoid it. Glad to see he's trying to clean up his eating, and they have (John and SIL) joined a gym, etc. This is a really crummy time to be diagnosed with ANYTHING, because of insurance not covering pre-existing conditions. Note to ALL of us...stay as healthy as you possibly can...now is no time to get tagged with any condition/disease, etc.

My watch wants me to get up and 'do anything' for the next minute or so.... yesterday I managed to 'over shoot' my standing goal. (this watch comes with default values) So, I stood up and moved 16/12 12 being the default and 16 what I actually did.! Guess I need to figure out how to bump up the goal a bit.

Ok, Tom E. the 'Valerie killer' is back in the house. So, I need to be on my way to Costco and get my script.

Later...
    (Unless I faint when I see the bill for one 3 month script....I'm in that part where I pay full price for the drugs. Stage 1 I think they call it. If that happens, I'll be given a nice ride in an ambulance and checked into the hospital.............) :wink:
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. When I first logged on this morning, it was -2C/29F with an expected high of 7C/45F and 0% chance of precipitation.

It's thrilling Thursday! I have been up since about 5 after 6, and was pleased that Lilo let me "sleep in" that late. I've been distracted all morning (and most of last evening) configuring my new Windows notebook computer. I would have loved a newer, better MacBook, but that would have cost WAY more than we can afford right now and I'm not sure, anyway, if I want to continue growing with them as they continue to turn MacOS into iOS, as I was never quite as fond of iOS anyway. All the same, I have loved my Mac machines over the years but it will be fine going back to Windows, as I've kept up with it all along, though not using it all that much. I'll be using it now. And I'm considering going to a Dvorak key layout and trying to learn that, which will be very frustrating at first, I'm sure.

Need to get yesterday's food bowls cleaned up and finish installing the last bit of apps and such on the new Windows notebook. I'm typing this on my iMac.

And in a while I have to get J to the Marta so he can train down to the airport and head off for the weekend, to Miami, or at least that general vicinity, for a big plant show/sale.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...