unzV3d.gif

qbFewS.jpg

VJGOfs.gif

iBZCop.jpg

gU9dzr.gif
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 13 degrees. Monday when the Temperatures dropped, with overnight temperatures and wind causing a wind chill in the -10s to -20s I did not go walking. This morning it was a bit warmer and less windy so I did go out walking after heating up the 1/2 pot of coffee left over from yesterday.

https://triblive.com/business/technology/14522280-74/rocking-beds-and-pillows-that-nudge-when-you-snore-tech-wants-into
    Rocking beds and pillows that nudge when you snore: Tech wants into your bed

https://www.bradenton.com/news/local/article224745285.html
    Battle over Virgin Mary painting at a trailer park goes to a higher authority — the attorneys

https://www.bradenton.com/news/nation-world/national/article224806200.html#storylink=trendingstories
    Another high blood pressure/heart medicine recalled for possible cancer-causing element

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8234795/dubai-plane-emergency-landing-cabin-poisoning-fears/
    JET 'PLAGUE' ALERT Dubai-bound plane makes emergency landing over cabin poisoning fears as passengers say they are ‘suffocating and turning green’
    Fearing mass poisoning on board, the pilot decided to make an emergency landing in the southern Russian city of Volgograd

https://townhall.com/columnists/walterewilliams/2018/12/19/fda-policies-kill-n2537571
    FDA Policies Kill

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous arctic Monday!

-6C/22F (feels like 15 - I'll just take their word for that, thanks) with an expected high of 6C/42F and no chance of precipitation. It's *KITTEN* cold out there!

I was feeling cold when I got up, but once I got moving I was OK.

For breakfast I made a real cold weather treat for me, that I haven't had in quite a long time. Fluffy biscuits and sausage gravy!

I dumped an unmeasured amount of self rising flour into a medium bowl, added a good blob of butter flavored shortening, blended into the flour with a fork, a splash of white vinegar, and some whole milk, in lieu of buttermilk, to make a couple of large drop biscuits.

While these were baking in the toaster oven, I made gravy.

I made a roux with some oil and flour, browned the roux slightly, added salt, pepper, and milk, and cooked, stirring often, until thick, and added a lot of turkey sausage crumbles and cooked a little longer just to heat up the sausage.

I feel nicely full and totally satisfied. :)

Definitely want to get a nap in today, as the cats weren't having the "let me sleep in" thing this morning..
    Hi Ed
    That must be cold for Your area, for here the 42F is above our average temperatures for this time of year. Today is supposed to warm up into the 30s with warmer weather for Wednesday and even warmer for Thursday & rain before going down for Friday onward.

Sausage & Gravy Biscuits, Yum, Yum.
    I have in the past used the Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles to add to the toppings on the NS Pizzas and they worked OK.
    I guess it's not a secret lasagna any more...
    I agree that How To Make Secret Lasagna means not a secret, Once You tell someone it is not a secret :wink:
    VEGAN ALDI - Tasting NEW Products
    I noticed they are hiding their faces in the screen displayed in You Video Link, Hmm...
    I Won The Great American Baking Show But It Never Aired
    Looks good to, A shame but she has moved on from it and is making something out of the experience.
    Breakfast Muffin: A Muffin With An ENTIRE Breakfast Inside!
    The first thing I thought of when I looked at the Video here was "Scotch Egg Variant"

Have a Great Day
    Roger

Hi Valerie
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good morning!
    My page split at the photo of something wrapped around a hard boiled egg. Going to quit there, and come back later.
    Had a fun, really fun afternoon with O yesterday. The selfie should I figure out yet again how to post it here was just after we had snacks at Chic Fa Lay...(or however they spell it)...I splurged and had not only a diet Coke, but also an order of the waffle fries. Tasty treat! O ate her usual chicken nuggets :)
    Lots to do today, cuz tomorrow I will be in Atl all day and Jack's calling at 4 cuz he's working from home today. So, gotta get done, what's gonna get done today.
    After shopping with O when I got home, I changed clothes and actually went back out to the gym!
    I don't know if its battery saving or just what Roger, but it did the same again this morning. I was awake middle of the night, and it didn't give me credit for my up and moving around time until this morning. So my 'stand' time went from 2/12 to 4/12. Whatever!!!
    I so wish I'd had my phone in my pocket this morning...I am defrosing the little refrigerator that's in the bar...it always causes a mess, so I decided to be proactive and put 2 old bath towels on the floor...and I guess Tom E wanted me to 'see' that something was amiss, cuz he sat on those towels in front of the open refrig. door!! Looked so funny. He seems to notice things that are 'amiss', and he either meow's me to death, or like today sits where the problem is (in his mind) until I do something! I really regret not having the pix, cuz I'd have posted it for Ed so he could see how helpful my cat is...LOL!!! What would we do without our furry friends?

Yesterday outside turned out to be really nice. Sunny, not windy, etc. Today, not so much. Overcast. There was some early morning sun, but it's gone. :(

Ok, laundry is ready to move to dryer, and gym is next on the list... so is lunch...Also need to put gas in the car, etc. geeez...how did I manage to work all those years????

Later (to read and watch vid's)
  • GardenKatGardens
    Forgot...eating lunch and I thought about it...soooooo
    3rm4e5ezgz5z.jpeg
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,145 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! I've been up since about 5:40 but distracted by this and that.

I think I just need to clean up yesterday's cat bowls and take a nap!

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Possibly dangerous food trends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9koIjeS1dt4
  • RogerToo
    SyodYY.jpg

9yfS4N.jpg

cczBX8.gif

ihL8pX.gif

mPIneV.jpg

vWV5n9.gif

rk44gy.gif

ChvrkH.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 27 degrees. There is a slight breeze outdoors, I have a 1/2 of my cup of coffee left for tomorrow, that means 16 ounces left for tomorrow. The weather forecast is for Rain moving in for the evening into Thursday. Thursday's High temperature is forecast to be 59 degrees before the weather turns colder.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/antony-cleopatras-long-lost-tomb-13886561
    Antony and Cleopatra's long lost tomb 'FOUND and is set to be uncovered'
    Archaeologists in Egypt have identified an area in Taposiris Magna, around 18 miles from Alexandria, where they believe Mark Antony and Cleopatra (VII)'s bodies are

https://www.wnd.com/2019/01/big-data-meets-big-govt-new-irs-spy-software/
    Big Data meets Big Gov't: New IRS spy software
    Exclusive: Daniel J. Pilla explains agency's plan to surveil your finances

http://www.climatedepot.com/2019/01/20/global-warming-update-montreals-fete-des-neiges-winter-snow-festival-cancelled-due-to-extreme-cold/
    ‘GLOBAL WARMING’ UPDATE: Montreal’s Fête Des Neiges (Winter Snow Festival) Cancelled Due To Extreme Cold!

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/jan/21/dutch-surgeon-wins-landmark-right-to-be-forgotten-case-google
    Dutch surgeon wins landmark 'right to be forgotten' case
    A Dutch surgeon formally disciplined for her medical negligence has won a legal action to remove Google search results about her case in a landmark “right to be forgotten” ruling.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2019/01/21/amazing-4500-year-old-stone-circle-actually-built-1990s-farmer/
    ‘Amazing’ 4,500-year-old stone circle was actually built in 1990s by farmer, admit archaeologists

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/754355/bible-news-christian-mount-sinai-saudi-arabia-neom-super-city-god-moses-ten-commandments
    Bible site where ‘God met Moses’ to be BULLDOZED for 'super city' by Saudi Arabia

https://nypost.com/2018/11/17/colleges-are-raking-in-revenue-from-rejected-applicants-fees/
    Colleges are raking in revenue from rejected applicants’ fees

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!
    My page split at the photo of something wrapped around a hard boiled egg. Going to quit there, and come back later.
    Had a fun, really fun afternoon with O yesterday. The selfie should I figure out yet again how to post it here was just after we had snacks at Chic Fa Lay...(or however they spell it)...I splurged and had not only a diet Coke, but also an order of the waffle fries. Tasty treat! O ate her usual chicken nuggets :)
    Lots to do today, cuz tomorrow I will be in Atl all day and Jack's calling at 4 cuz he's working from home today. So, gotta get done, what's gonna get done today.
    After shopping with O when I got home, I changed clothes and actually went back out to the gym!
    I don't know if its battery saving or just what Roger, but it did the same again this morning. I was awake middle of the night, and it didn't give me credit for my up and moving around time until this morning. So my 'stand' time went from 2/12 to 4/12. Whatever!!!
    Hi Valerie
    I like Chicken Nuggets as long as they are crispy, I usually Salt them to taste as there are enough carbs in the breading without adding a sweet sauce :smiley:
    Waffle Fries, That would be slices of Potato that are cut to look like waffles.

Apple Tech Support for the Watch ?
    I so wish I'd had my phone in my pocket this morning...I am defrosting the little refrigerator that's in the bar...it always causes a mess, so I decided to be proactive and put 2 old bath towels on the floor...and I guess Tom E wanted me to 'see' that something was amiss, cuz he sat on those towels in front of the open refrig. door!! Looked so funny. He seems to notice things that are 'amiss', and he either meow's me to death, or like today sits where the problem is (in his mind) until I do something! I really regret not having the pix, cuz I'd have posted it for Ed so he could see how helpful my cat is...LOL!!! What would we do without our furry friends?

Yesterday outside turned out to be really nice. Sunny, not windy, etc. Today, not so much. Overcast. There was some early morning sun, but it's gone. :(

Ok, laundry is ready to move to dryer, and gym is next on the list... so is lunch...Also need to put gas in the car, etc. geeez...how did I manage to work all those years????

Later (to read and watch vid's)
    A Busy day from Your list of to do items. I found that interesting that Your Cat detected that it is a problem from the open door on the Little refrigerator. I could see the moon through thin clouds while I was walking.
    Forgot...eating lunch and I thought about it...soooooo
    3rm4e5ezgz5z.jpeg
    Nice Picture, I could be wrong but I detect a resemblance between the two of You.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! I've been up since about 5:40 but distracted by this and that.

I think I just need to clean up yesterday's cat bowls and take a nap!
    Hi Ed
    I was a bit distracted upon my return from walking and am therefore later than usual posting here.

[quote="parityanimal;c-43194612"Andy Makes Mushroom Larb with Peanuts
    [/quote]
    I was wondering what Larb was until I read the description, a Lot of Thai food seems to have peanuts.
    Possibly dangerous food trends.
    I was wondering what the heck that black soft serve cone was, then I read the description and found out it is activated charcoal soft serve, Black Ice Cream, Yuck.
    Folded Pork Cutlet (Layered Pork Katsu)
    The Breaded Pork Cutlet looks tasty too.
    MYSTERY BOX FOOD CHALLENGE
    2 episodes of this, Interesting.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning.
    Here's how it rolls at my house today.
    Stop at Kaufman tires darn low tire light is on...again
    Drive to Decatur to see Dr. Pat..then if time appropriate drive to Whole Foods for some Chicken Fried Tofu, and be at Jimmy's shop by noon for a hair cut...home, change into gym wear and get my 30 minutes in...Jack's calling at 4 this after.... YIKES!

Be around later today for reading watching and interacting..

(Roger, my granddaughter...)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! Been up since about 5:30 this morning but distracted by various and sundry. I did get out round noonish to get some cat food and lunch. A mediocre felafel platter from PITA. Won't be getting food from there again. It is just a few doors down from the pet store where I buy my canned cat food, and this was their third chance on having food that wasn't either too salty or just mediocre.

Need to clean up yesterday's cat bowls and get a nap in.
    ——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...