Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 39 degrees. Yesterday in the evening into earlier this morning there was some rain that had ended at some point in time before I left the house, Things were wet but not super wet so it was OK for walking.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/gm-mosquitoes-playing-god-way-wipe-malaria/
    GM mosquitoes: playing with God or the only way to wipe out malaria?

https://www.breitbart.com/faith/2019/02/05/pew-actively-religious-people-more-likely-to-be-very-happy/
    Pew: Actively Religious People More Likely to Be ‘Very Happy’

https://www.france24.com/en/20190204-gut-feeling-study-links-depression-digestive-bacteria
    Gut feeling: study links depression to digestive bacteria

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2019/feb/04/womens-brains-are-four-years-younger-than-mens-study-finds
    Women’s brains are 'four years younger' than men’s, study finds
    Analysis of metabolic brain age may explain differences in cognitive decline rate

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/10/01/new-jersey-gas-tax-increased-again/
    New Jersey’s Gas Tax Jumps For 2nd Time In 2 Years

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/02/04/rain-tax-likely-to-become-reality-in-new-jersey/
    ‘Rain Tax’ Likely To Become Reality In New Jersey
    ELIZABETH, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — New Jersey is one of the highest taxed states in the country.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90301427/a-shockingly-large-majority-of-health-news-shared-on-facebook-is-fake
    A shockingly large majority of health news shared on Facebook is fake or misleading

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

14C/57F with an expected high of 21C/70F and 80% chance of precipitation.

I don't think I have to go anywhere today so probably won't. Need to clean up yesterday's food bowls and feed the felines.

I am pondering what to make from the ground chuck I thawed up and I think chili may be the winner.
    Hi Ed
    We hit 100% precip yesterday and today and there is a possibility of more Friday :(

Being Lazy I did the same thing with the bargain Ground Beef I picked up Tuesday and Made Hamburgers, Lined a baking pan with Aluminum foil and Baked them, Then I scraped off the mush that is likely blood and put them in a bowl lined with 2 paper towels and between layers to drain. Currently they are in the refrigerator where I will use three of them today, Three tomorrow and the balance on Saturday, much of the first batch is broken into two portions in the freezer. Now that the Beef is cooked it can be used in many ways, including a really meaty chili.
    WHO KNEW......Dollar Tree Sells BONELESS Chicken Breast?!? - WHAT ARE WE EATING - The Wolfe Pit
    If I said I knew they sold that, the price per pound is not that great IMO.
    Stick 2 Forks In The Eggplant & Things Will Really Start To Heat Up!
    Since I never acquired the taste foe eggplant....
    SPAM Teriyaki FRIED RICE! - WHAT ARE WE EATING?? - The Wolfe Pit
    I seem to remember seeing that in the ShopRite, I have OTOH never tried it, I do love regular Spam fried super crispy.
    Cheesecake Flan - Food Wishes
    It could be tasty, I like a good creamy Cheesecake, not so much Flan OTOH but combined :smiley:
    Sweet Potato Brownies | Deliciously Ella | Vegan
    I just previewed the recipe and it looks High Carb, Am I wrong ?
    Update: Chili won in the ponder. This will be cooking all day and will be several meals.
    I see beans in that Chili, My brother only wants Meat Chili with no beans, Which is strange since we grew up eating Mom's Chili made with Kidney beans, That is still my preferred version and bean FWIW.
    I may be freezing some of this chili. Delicious, but it is a lot.
    I did look like a lot to me, It also looked like a Crock Pot, OTOH the lid look like the one for my rice cooker down to the little vent thing in it.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,201 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 18C/64F with an expected high of 25C/77F and 0% chance of precipitation.

Need to do all the usual around here, and may get out to a store. Breakfast was sausage and pancakes. Lunch will likely be chili.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• RogerToo
    Good Morning.
    Gray with occasional wet dripping = UGLY! That's today.
    My agenda for the day? Add an app to my watch..See Little Doc at Noon, ..if not raining proceed to Kroger for a shopping before Ted leaves. Guess I'm going to have to drive my car today. Yikes!!!
    Also need to call Ins. to tell them I HAVE a new car... :)!

This morning I see my cat (you know Tom E. the one who runs from strangers) all snuggled up on the couch with Ted!!! I offered to let Ted take him home...that didn't fly. ;( oh, well!!

Teriyaki SPAM??? Will have to watch that out of curiosity!
    Also several of the others. I think I also missed a vid or two yesterday...
    Roger...is that 'poor' croc going to loose that tooth tomorrow?? and be forever friends with the fly?? LOL!

Ok, thats about all I know so

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    Your weather reminds me of yesterday afternoon prior to the rains arrival.

I have a feeling that the more apps running in Your watch or phone the shorter the battery life ?

I do not know, I suspect so and that it was not drawn however since I have not run across it on the site.

I am somewhat surprised that You drove the car home without calling the Insurance agent and having insurance on the car. Unless Your policy gives you a grace period ?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning!
    What a day yesterday did end up being...
    I do have a fracture in my fibula...the smaller of the two leg bones that go from knee to ankle. Hmmm. But, Little Doc says it should heal on its own, as it is a non-weight bearing bone. However she will feel better if I see an Ortho Surgeon. Well...........I spoke to several places that do not take 'third party' insurance..State Farm in this case,(their term not mine). Today I did find a Doc...googled him...not seeing any red flags...so I have an appointment for an opinion, and an x-ray of my LEFT knee which is getting more sore every day for about the past week! Earliest appointment Wednesday 2-13-2019. Yeah, glad this isn't an emergency!

Ted's still here. His trip to Kroger yesterday for 'essentials', followed by a pick up at VeGreen, 2-3 doors from Kroger, turned out to be not exactly a smooth move. VeGreen is closed on Wednesdays. We had forgotten that. So dinner was a bagged salad and a frozen Amy's Chinese Noodle with vegetables and sauce made with cashews. It was tasty. Will eat that again!
    Right now Ted and Maya are having a morning walk at the park that is nearby.

I think he may go home for a couple days. I'll be fine. Have frozen dinners, made a batch of rice this morning, bags of frozen vegetables...from peas to stir fry mix. I will not starve! And will behave and not go skateboarding, or a 5K run. LOL!!

Dog and boy have returned. Lunch is about 2 minutes away...

Later...

• RogerToo
    UCkN7f.png

S6tfAh.gif

87euuL.jpg

YEHlZ0.gif

CfMuj3.jpg

MghnRp.gif

1GpuIz.jpg

vq2A05.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 43 degrees. I heard rain hitting the Window AC a little after midnight. When I left the house it had ended and then as I neared the house a light rain started up.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/feb/06/exercise-health-move-all-day-standing-desk
    Forget standing desks: to stay healthy, you've got to move all day
    If you want to dedicate yourself to a lifetime of good habits, don’t start at the gym. Start at the office

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-best-reads/2019/02/06/mans-defense-double-murder-case-scientology-made-me-do/2703324002/
    Man's defense in double murder death penalty case: Scientology made me do it

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-6669889/Watching-TV-BOWEL-CANCER-hour-day-increase-young-peoples-risk.html
    Sitting in front of the TV for two hours a day raises your risk of bowel cancer by 70%, scientists declare amid sharp rise in cases
    Study looked at sedentary behaviours of nearly 90,000 US women
    Two hours a day was associated with a 70% increased risk compared to less
    Findings were independent of participants weight and level of exercise

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/8363761/nasa-marco-spacecraft-mysteriously-disappear-after-mars-fly-by/
    OUTTA SPACE Nasa’s real ‘Wall-E’ mysteriously disappears after Mars fly-by – and sister spacecraft ‘Eve’ is missing too

Manhole explosions happen in New York City Too
    https://www.ajc.com/news/traffic/breaking-manhole-covers-blowing-off-major-midtown-street/9NB2vgBDb8tVpwzZgyWAiP/
    10 ‘very large explosions’ send smoke into the air, shut down major Midtown streets

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 18C/64F with an expected high of 25C/77F and 0% chance of precipitation.

Need to do all the usual around here, and may get out to a store. Breakfast was sausage and pancakes. Lunch will likely be chili.
    Hi Ed
    Just curious as to what type of breakfast sausage, My brother likes the big fat ones and I prefer the small links, either precooked and frozen or the small links that need cooking, I do not recall the brand of those that I see in the Grocery store.
    Mama June's Sketti - KETCHUP + BUTTER spaghetti | Honey Boo Boo Recipe Taste Test
    Although I do often put butter on pasta I always use either Homemade, Canned Cento brand Pizza Sauce or a Jar such as one of the Ragu flavors. Ketchup just sounds wrong.

I never tried Spaghetti Squash, Hmm... Brits try Japanese foods, Some of it could be tasty, Pass on Sushi for me.

Vegan Egg Dish ? The "Egg" looks like a hard boiled egg, I'll know if it tastes like an egg once I watch the Videos.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    What a day yesterday did end up being...
    I do have a fracture in my fibula...the smaller of the two leg bones that go from knee to ankle. Hmmm. But, Little Doc says it should heal on its own, as it is a non-weight bearing bone. However she will feel better if I see an Ortho Surgeon. Well...........I spoke to several places that do not take 'third party' insurance..State Farm in this case,(their term not mine). Today I did find a Doc...googled him...not seeing any red flags...so I have an appointment for an opinion, and an x-ray of my LEFT knee which is getting more sore every day for about the past week! Earliest appointment Wednesday 2-13-2019. Yeah, glad this isn't an emergency!
    Hi Valerie
    I find it interesting that it does not need some form of immobilization even if not weight bearing.

Weird that the left knee is getting more painful. About the only way to get taken care of by a doctor right away is if You are at the window bleeding :( Good Luck with the Knee
    Ted's still here. His trip to Kroger yesterday for 'essentials', followed by a pick up at VeGreen, 2-3 doors from Kroger, turned out to be not exactly a smooth move. VeGreen is closed on Wednesdays. We had forgotten that. So dinner was a bagged salad and a frozen Amy's Chinese Noodle with vegetables and sauce made with cashews. It was tasty. Will eat that again!
    Right now Ted and Maya are having a morning walk at the park that is nearby.

I think he may go home for a couple days. I'll be fine. Have frozen dinners, made a batch of rice this morning, bags of frozen vegetables...from peas to stir fry mix. I will not starve! And will behave and not go skateboarding, or a 5K run. LOL!!

Dog and boy have returned. Lunch is about 2 minutes away...

Later...
    The best made plans sometimes go awry, Around here for example the Thai restaurants, Sample size of two FWIW close on Mondays, Close for a couple of hours between Lunch and dinner and open only for dinner on Sunday.

I'm not surprised he might go home, Sometimes You just want to check on things and pick something up.

No Skateboarding or 5K run, What ever will You do to pass the day ? :wink:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! 11C/51F with (according to the Weather Channel page) an expected high of 10C/55F and 20% chance of precipitation. 10C would be 50F, or 55F would be 13C. I guess we'll find out which high temperature(s) are correct later.

I need to get yesterday's food bowls cleaned up and feed the felines. I might get out today but might not.

Of course I would like a nap.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    edited February 2019
    RogerToo wrote: »

Hi Ed
    Just curious as to what type of breakfast sausage, My brother likes the big fat ones and I prefer the small links, either precooked and frozen or the small links that need cooking, I do not recall the brand of those that I see in the Grocery store.

Roger

I like them all, but these were precooked large, thin patties from Aldi. Frozen pancakes from there too. The pancakes come in a large bag filled with packs of three so one pack can be toasted in just a few minutes, in the toaster oven, and two sausage patties take just ninety seconds in the microwave oven.