Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning!
    Gray, colder than we've had for awhile....nobody wants to go out...not me, not cat, not dog....
    Ted's in the garage hanging peg board for me. It's not warm out there either. I offered to bring the space heater but he said he was doing ok...?
    Will watch video's and there are a couple of the articles I'd like to read.
    Got tickled this morning watching Emmy and the Tofu donuts. I'll bet they are good. I doubt I'll make them, but its a great idea...nice protein boost in the morning. :)
    My diet is shot.
    Last night Ted and I had our personal choice of poisons from Whole Foods...and night before that he picked up Indian food from Poona's...and, and, and don't forget the 3 days worth of breads we bought at the Mexican Bakery...well the up shot of all that is I lost a pound and a half..??? What? Wait...how can that be??? Don't know. LOL!!!
    It still hasn't rained, and doesn't appear as it will today..just sprinkles. Some Day I'm sure my rain gauge will show rain.... I know it works, as Ted finally went out and poured half a cup of water in it!!
    I haven't watched the video about the gal who says she quit sugar for a week... I quit sugar for the month of January. Lasted less than one day!! Can you say addiction?

Ok, lots to do. First I need to get up and just 'move' says the watch. I know many would consider this hourly reminder a pain in the butt, however I rather like being reminded to get away from the computer screen periodically.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,206 Member
    edited February 2019
    Tonight, braised sirloin tip, in a rich brown gravy made with onions, mushrooms, a generous amount of Sangiovese (red wine), and a squeeze of tomato paste. I served it over creamy, buttery mashed potatoes.

While it simmered, I was drinking some of the wine and had some with the meal as well. I don't anticipate having any wine left in the bottle by the end of the evening as the last of it is in the glass now.

ar0v63ogk614.png
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    WKp3Ar.jpg

lXgy9u.gif

sgfT7A.png

uZBtTJ.gif

h3FgRd.jpg

PFtzTV.gif

nKXLxv.jpg

s2dhxy.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 29 degrees. I decided to walk and the footing was OK, I could hear the surface I was walking on making crunchy noises OTOH. I was careful to keep checking traction periodically as I walked.

https://www.sfgate.com/nation/article/Yellowstone-trespass-foot-bath-hot-spring-geyser-13254622.php
    Clueless man tries to bathe feet in Yellowstone hot spring
    He ignored warnings, jumped barricades to enter thermal area

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/06/4-of-the-5-most-affordable-retirement-spots-are-in-florida.html?recirc=taboolainternal
    4 of the 5 most affordable retirement spots are in this state

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/07/9-affordable-us-vacation-spots-for-2019.html
    9 vacation spots you can actually afford for 2019

https://sputniknews.com/science/201902101072289654-stone-structures-western-sahara/
    Traces of Unknown Civilisation Found in Western Sahara - Reports

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2019/02/08/las-vegas-bunker/
    Looking For A Doomsday Bunker? This One Is For Sale In Vegas For $18M

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/could-women-white-sway-venezuelan-soldiers-blocking-aid-021353085.html
    Could women in white sway Venezuelan soldiers blocking aid?

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

5C/41F with an expected high of 5C/42F and 20% chance of precipitation.

I need to clean up yesterday's food bowls and feed the felines. Yesterday was national pizza day so we had pizza for dinner. And I had pizza for breakfast.

Laundry may be on the agenda today.
    Hi Ed
    100% chance of precipitation for Tuesday and I'm going with 100% for today looking out the window :smiley:

By the time I saw that it was National Pizza day on the TV news it was to late to pull out a NS pizza as I had already eaten my days worth of food :( I may have one today for dinner as Pizza sounds good to me.
    Easy Keto Peanut Butter Cookies | Nutter Butter Copy Cat Recipe
    Interesting, Worth a look later when I am done with reading and responding to messages.
    Why Do We Love Fair Foods So Much? | Proof Podcast From America's Test Kitchen
    Why, I'll go out on a limb and say tasty foods we do not get elsewhere :wink:
    I Quit Sugar For A Week || Mayim Bialik
    IMO Sugar is an addictive substance. Your opinion ?
    Low Carb SHIRATAKI NOODLE Review & Taste Test - Tips for the BEST Shirataki Noodle Recipe!
    I have the Miracle noodles sitting on the counter and have not yet tried them so I am very interested in this video.
    Tonight, braised sirloin tip, in a rich brown gravy made with onions, mushrooms, a generous amount of Sangiovese (red wine), and a squeeze of tomato paste. I served it over creamy, buttery mashed potatoes.

While it simmered, I was drinking some of the wine and had some with the meal as well. I don't anticipate having any wine left in the bottle by the end of the evening as the last of it is in the glass now.

ar0v63ogk614.png
    That looks so good I'm jealous of Your taste buds.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!
    Gray, colder than we've had for awhile....nobody wants to go out...not me, not cat, not dog....
    Ted's in the garage hanging peg board for me. It's not warm out there either. I offered to bring the space heater but he said he was doing ok...?
    Will watch video's and there are a couple of the articles I'd like to read.
    Got tickled this morning watching Emmy and the Tofu donuts. I'll bet they are good. I doubt I'll make them, but its a great idea...nice protein boost in the morning. :)
    Hi Valerie
    It isn't the best looking day outside here, OTOH where I am the snow has ended and I told my brother that if he does go to the Barber to give me a heads up as I could use one. mine is getting a bit long.

I'm not sure how Tofu Donuts would taste to me and if they would be worth the effort to acquire all the ingredients etc.
    My diet is shot.
    Last night Ted and I had our personal choice of poisons from Whole Foods...and night before that he picked up Indian food from Poona's...and, and, and don't forget the 3 days worth of breads we bought at the Mexican Bakery...well the up shot of all that is I lost a pound and a half..??? What? Wait...how can that be??? Don't know. LOL!!!
    It still hasn't rained, and doesn't appear as it will today..just sprinkles. Some Day I'm sure my rain gauge will show rain.... I know it works, as Ted finally went out and poured half a cup of water in it!!
    I haven't watched the video about the gal who says she quit sugar for a week... I quit sugar for the month of January. Lasted less than one day!! Can you say addiction?

Ok, lots to do. First I need to get up and just 'move' says the watch. I know many would consider this hourly reminder a pain in the butt, however I rather like being reminded to get away from the computer screen periodically.

Later...
    Diet, Yesterday was not great for me, My brother picked up some of the hot foods at the Grocery Store. One meatball, I do not know how they managed it but the darn thing was tough. One over a inch thick slice off of a big meatloaf, How they could call what was entirely Ground Beef meatloaf in a gravy with onions is beyond me, And a Thin Cut Pork Chop in a gravy with button mushrooms. Ha no wonder the scale was up 0.5 pounds this morning, I just looked at the receipt and that weighed 1.23 pounds and guess who ate it all yesterday :( Yup You guessed it.

As I said in the replies to Ed, Sugar is addictive IMO as are many if not most carbohydrates.

The scale moves in strange and wondrous ways :wink:

I would find those get up prompts annoying even if they were for my good.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 3C/38F with an expected high of 12C/55F and 40% chance of mostly p.m. showers.

I need to do all the usual stuff and might need to get out to buy a few things.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    RogerToo wrote: »

Diet, Yesterday was not great for me, My brother picked up some of the hot foods at the Grocery Store. One meatball, I do not know how they managed it but the darn thing was tough. One over a inch thick slice off of a big meatloaf, How they could call what was entirely Ground Beef meatloaf in a gravy with onions is beyond me, And a Thin Cut Pork Chop in a gravy with button mushrooms. Ha no wonder the scale was up 0.5 pounds this morning, I just looked at the receipt and that weighed 1.23 pounds and guess who ate it all yesterday :( Yup You guessed it.

Roger

Ah, yes, the ever tricky meatball. Coincidentally, one of today's videos will explain how they managed a tough meatball as it is actually easy to accidentally do. Pay attention to the chatter as they make the turkey meatballs!

Sugar and fat are both addictive!
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi!
    Morning went by in a flash of phone calls, etc. etc. Cleaned bathrooms, meant to mop the front hall, but, that's when the phone went nuts... I'm really over Doctors...all of them, (well except Dr. Pat my Chiro)
    Oh, well. Think that's all under control now. And I know they all think they are doing this for my best....
    Missed my nap time this afternoon, ? maybe? LOL!
    No news here, just a dreary day...which will be better than Tues and Wednesday...showers and drizzle and rain. Dr. appointments both days too. lovely.

Sugar and yes to a degree fat are both addictive. Sugar sets off the same part of the brain as Heroine. Don't think fat does that? I do think that kicking sugar is every bit as hard, maybe more, that quitting cigarettes. And THAT was a chore!

Thinking I'll come back to the articles and video's...somebody please tell Emmy her mouth is not big enough to eat whatever that is she's holding up!!! Will be curious as to what that is...

Later...

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday!

12C/54F with an expected high of 18C/65F and 100% chance of precipitation.

Need to do all the usual and try to get that last load of laundry finally folded and put away!

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...