Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,207 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! 9C/50F with an expected high of 16C\61F and 0% chance of precipitation.

We have a party to attend tonight, so I need to decide what, if anything, to bring. Last time I didn't bring anything, but, as always, did get there early and helped a lot with the set up and organization. I could be lazy and make a big tub of cheese dip and add in that large bag of tortilla chips I just bought. Not really feeling in the party mood just yet and would really appreciate a weekend free of activities.

I did get all the laundry finished and put away yesterday!

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GgMvxTdahU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8YT3eEFONs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHw3rRfRJfM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJmNtuapkG0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyDOfpp6Cn4

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    edited March 2019
    Good Morning! Partly cloudy here...just enough to confuse a cat! (he's in, and asleep on the pillow he commandeered about the time Ted left. (Ted, by the way is sick...cold he says. Hope he's right and not stubbornly brewing a good case of the flu... Flu is raging in GA again. We caught the very early 'epidemic flu and lead the states in October. Now, it seems to be 'back' and moving at full tilt!!
    Jack sent me a text this morning, saying he was sick and would not be at Nate's LaX game. Warning me that I do not want this 'stuff'. Wonder if its what I started in Nov and December?? Taking no chances that another of that family could be shedding virus without symptoms. So, with an over abundance of caution...I'm staying home!
    There will be another game next week. I can wait...

I was glad to see the uTube about Exp. dates and use by dates....This should be noted monthly by our state health departments. Too much waste. I'm pretty conservative with anything dairy...and very lax with frozens, canned, etc.

Roger, you seem to have a pretty good amount of tree nuts available to you! So far, I can and do eat all nuts and peanuts too.

Ed, I got ya about wanting a quiet at home weekend! I even look forward to week days when I have nothing scheduled!

Watched video's this morning. Now I want to go back and read some of Roger's articles. I also have an exercise uTube that I found for doing a 'chair/seated' workout. Don't laugh....if its a good vid then you may work up a sweat! I was amazed at that years ago.

I think I put a bowl of oats and some almond milk in the micro. awhile ago....bet I should go see about it, and have a 'late morning....snack' LOL!

Later...
    Oh, and I don't have any laundry to do, to dry, or to fold..therefore none to put away either! LOL!!
    (I do have several things that require mending......AWK!!! Hate mending.
  • GardenKatGardens
    Mysteriously quiet here tonight! Tom's mad at me. I put the flea stuff on him this evening. He became 'invisible'! He did finally come out of the front of the house, and asked to go out. Hope he comes back soon...having trouble keeping my eyes open and my yawning mouth shut! LOL!!

See you in the morning.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    vPdTEs.gif

YR5nDD.jpg

JdVy4Z.gif

OpiLqr.jpg

4Ffolp.gif

UgkNZA.jpg

9Kk3MF.gif

e8fx4S.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2019
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 30 degrees. The Streets and most of the sidewalks were OK, Except that where the sidewalks crossed the streets many of those areas had lumps of snow thrown there by the Plows so I did 50% or more of the walking in the streets. Tonight's weather forecast as of last night is for snow moving in during the evening hours and enduring through the night into early Monday.
    Although I did not walk yesterday the MFP says that I burned 738 calories while shoveling the sidewalks and driveway.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/28/63-percent-of-millennial-homebuyers-have-regrets-heres-why.html
    63% of millennials who bought homes have regrets—usually because they missed this one crucial step

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/01/grocery-store-stocks-take-a-beating-on-report-that-amazon-will-launch-its-own-chain-of-supermarkets.html
    Grocery store stocks take a beating on report that Amazon will launch its own chain of supermarkets

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/02/28/colorado-state-university-uchealth-surgery/
    Dog Breathing Easy After Breakthrough Surgery Previously Used For Humans

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2019/03/01/care-payments/3001818002/
    Why Americans are suddenly paying $550 per month for new cars

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/02/religion-workism-making-americans-miserable/583441/
    Workism Is Making Americans Miserable
    For the college-educated elite, work has morphed into a religious identity—promising identity, transcendence, and community, but failing to deliver.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! 9C/50F with an expected high of 16C\61F and 0% chance of precipitation.

We have a party to attend tonight, so I need to decide what, if anything, to bring. Last time I didn't bring anything, but, as always, did get there early and helped a lot with the set up and organization. I could be lazy and make a big tub of cheese dip and add in that large bag of tortilla chips I just bought. Not really feeling in the party mood just yet and would really appreciate a weekend free of activities.

I did get all the laundry finished and put away yesterday!
    Hello Ed
    I always liked a weekend off and it has nothing to do with lazy. Why not just stay home ?

I finally got my laundry put away so no more living out of the laundry basket :smiley:
    Lay 4 Onions On Wood. After 1 Hour In The Cold.
    Call me a traditionalist however none of the 10 So called Lasagnas are calling my name. IMO Lasagna is layers of wide flat pasta, some cheeses and Tomato Gravy between the layers and if a Meat version then Crumbled Ground Beef or Crumbled Italian Sweet Sausage or both. No Bread crumbs or Onions or other types of ingredients.
    VEGAN QUARTER POUNDER
    I Know what my brother would say as he sneers at it, a Quarter Pounder needs to be beef. I might try it, It does look like what we used to call A “California burger” which In the earlier half of the 20th century, a California burger came topped with lettuce, onion and tomato as well as Ketchup and Maybe Mayonnaise.
    Ketogenic Diet Friendly Crunchy Philly Cheese Steak Rolls
    Ah Ha, That is more like what I like as a food, It is just that these days there is to much carbs in the Bread used.
    Everything You Thought About Expiration Dates Is Wrong
    Considering that the preview image shows Bread with Blue growths on it ?
    Siga Tibs And Ethiopian Salad With Genet
    I have no idea what Siga Tibs And Genet are, I hope to be enlightened once I watch the Video.
    Oops I thought Genet was a food, looking closer at the description shows "Meals by Genet" :(

Have a Good Day and Thank You for the Video Links
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning! Partly cloudy here...just enough to confuse a cat! (he's in, and asleep on the pillow he commandeered about the time Ted left. (Ted, by the way is sick...cold he says. Hope he's right and not stubbornly brewing a good case of the flu... Flu is raging in GA again. We caught the very early 'epidemic flu and lead the states in October. Now, it seems to be 'back' and moving at full tilt!!
    Jack sent me a text this morning, saying he was sick and would not be at Nate's LaX game. Warning me that I do not want this 'stuff'. Wonder if its what I started in Nov and December?? Taking no chances that another of that family could be shedding virus without symptoms. So, with an over abundance of caution...I'm staying home!
    There will be another game next week. I can wait...
    Hello Valerie
    I saw this article yesterday, You really do not want the latest Flu variant. I hope this is not what Ted Caught. Smart Cat sleeping on a cushy surface.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/03/01/a-new-more-powerful-strain-of-flu-has-just-hit-colorado/
    A New, More Powerful Strain Of Flu Has Just Hit Colorado

The CDC says the milder strain of influenza that had been nailing people from just after Thanksgiving through early February is now being replaced by a stronger, nastier strain. It’s one that makes people a lot sicker than the previous circulating bug
    I was glad to see the uTube about Exp. dates and use by dates....This should be noted monthly by our state health departments. Too much waste. I'm pretty conservative with anything dairy...and very lax with frozens, canned, etc.

Roger, you seem to have a pretty good amount of tree nuts available to you! So far, I can and do eat all nuts and peanuts too.

Ed, I got ya about wanting a quiet at home weekend! I even look forward to week days when I have nothing scheduled!

Watched video's this morning. Now I want to go back and read some of Roger's articles. I also have an exercise uTube that I found for doing a 'chair/seated' workout. Don't laugh....if its a good vid then you may work up a sweat! I was amazed at that years ago.
    In my brothers view milk that has not yet been opened is good past the Use by Date or until it becomes chunky or smell off, Me I am more cautious, which is not why I buy the Long shelf life milk that needs no refrigeration until opens, that is more that I can keep it on the shelf with the canned goods. I also do not worry about Canned goods until well past the use by date and Frozen I am very Lax with, I keep the Basement freezer set really cold :smiley:

I try and find informative or interesting articles, Enjoy.
    I think I put a bowl of oats and some almond milk in the micro. awhile ago....bet I should go see about it, and have a 'late morning....snack' LOL!

Later...
    Oh, and I don't have any laundry to do, to dry, or to fold..therefore none to put away either! LOL!!
    (I do have several things that require mending......AWK!!! Hate mending.
    Mending is not a favorite thing for me either, OTOH if I can extend the useful life, Oh well.

My brother makes Steel Cut Oatmeal with some Cinnamon sprinkled in and no sweeteners or milk of any kind.
    Mysteriously quiet here tonight! Tom's mad at me. I put the flea stuff on him this evening. He became 'invisible'! He did finally come out of the front of the house, and asked to go out. Hope he comes back soon...having trouble keeping my eyes open and my yawning mouth shut! LOL!!

See you in the morning.
    Flea Stuff, No Flea Collar ? Better to have him mad at You than to have fleas in the house.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! 12C/53F with an expected high of 15C/60F and 100% chance of precipitation.

Party was OK. Main foods were fried chicken (this IS the south) and a tasty surprise of pulled beef with barbecue sauce, because one friend's mother (a caterer) overcooked some beef, but only to the point of making it unsuitable for her purposes. Rather than throw it out, she offered it to her son, who slathered it with barbecue sauce and brought it to the party. I must say it was perfect for pulled beef!

Might get out for a couple of things today, depending on the rain pattern. But nothing is critical.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXX2vmo9G80

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1y1t6hY3qY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JnHI2dKlDc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQSh1Cc3zq8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fge4wrtJbJ4&t=3s

• GardenKatGardens
    Hi!
    I came back here to check on one of the vids. and discovered I didn't post. ???
    So, here I am, back again.

Doing some reading, and not much else. I'm having a 'Do Nothing' day. I think we should start a trend...'DoNothingism'. LOL!! So far its working. And the outside is mysteriously dark for 1:30 pm..so I think I'll add 'Nap' to my list for this day. Now I'm hearing what I think is thunder. I'm seriously SURE its time for a nap!

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Oh, why I came back...(with a flash of lightening, and some very, very loud thunder. )
    I've had canned lotus root...but would like to try steaming some from fresh..and I love Bok Choy...so looks like a natural for me... Also glad to see the vid on expiration dates...Obviously these laws requiring them were not thought out with a spin to reality.
    Millennials not happy owning houses? Feature that. (Snark intended)
    Amazon Supermarkets?? Really? From what I read, small stores, maybe buying out a small chain store group...I'm just shaking my head.

More very local thunder following flash of light.
    Nap time!!

Later...

• RogerToo
    vuWjmF.gif

IGME8u.jpg

jcLuQ5.jpg

ESBRSW.jpg

OF0sF0.jpg

RxTkAU.jpg

Rc1F7q.jpg

FwHgIM.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm home and decided last night not to walk today due to the weather forecast and Therefore no money was found. The Temperature outside the door is 34 degrees. There appears to be 3 Plus inches and the road looks slushy add in that there are piles of snow at the foot of the sidewalk and driveway from overnight plowing and getting to the street could be rough. They have already made three more passes down our little street and it appears that they are likely done plowing it. My brother and I will be outside shoveling later.

I just went out the front door and took a couple of shovels full of the snow which is wet and heavy and according the trusty wooden yardstick is 3 inches deep. It would appear that I may be able to drive up to the bank and deposit with some cash back my Pension Check.

https://www.studyfinds.org/spending-20-minutes-public-park-boosts-happiness/
    Spending Just 20 Minutes At A Public Park Boosts Happiness, Study Finds
    BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — Need a pick-me-up? Try a park-me-up. A study by researchers at the University of Alabama-Birmingham finds that spending 20 minutes in a park or green space makes the average person happier.

https://sputniknews.com/science/201902221072666515-fairy-cicles-namibia-new-facts/
    German Scientist REVEALS New Facts About African 'Fairy Circles'

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2019
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! 12C/53F with an expected high of 15C/60F and 100% chance of precipitation.

Party was OK. Main foods were fried chicken (this IS the south) and a tasty surprise of pulled beef with barbecue sauce, because one friend's mother (a caterer) overcooked some beef, but only to the point of making it unsuitable for her purposes. Rather than throw it out, she offered it to her son, who slathered it with barbecue sauce and brought it to the party. I must say it was perfect for pulled beef!

Might get out for a couple of things today, depending on the rain pattern. But nothing is critical.
    Hello Ed
    I had Chinese Takeout Yesterday, It was Sunday AKA Funday :wink:
    I still have the 3 complete Chicken wings in the refrigerator, Hopefully once they are microwaved they will still be crispy, Likely not however. I also have some Baked Pork Loin slices and from the ShopRite a Perdue Baked Chicken Breast, Add in the Uncooked Bacon, and the frozen Fried Kielbasa and 4 Thick Cut Pork Roll that were also fried and frozen and I seem to have a surfeit of proteins on hand. I will likely freeze some of the Chicken Breast, it is a 2.7 pound monster :smiley: I do want to get the wings eaten and the Chicken Breast deboned as Garbage pick up day is in the near future.

The Pulled Beef sounds tasty to me, and being overcooked so to speak was likely really tender too.

Southern Fried Chicken what a surprise to serve in Your area :wink:
    Veggie Loaded Chicken Pot Pie In The Instant Pot
    Sounds good too, No Instant pot, The closest thing in the house is the rice cooker that might work if watched, I know it gets to above boiling having seen the rice cooking through the glass lid. We do have a 8 inch homemade pot pie vacuum sealed in the freezer section.
    Mississippi Beef Short Ribs - Food Wishes
    Boneless Beef Shortribs, Not Shortribs without the bone IMO. I have had Korean style and regular ones in a BBQ sauce, I'm not sure about these with ranch dressing in the sauce. It took me a while to acquire a taste for the NS Chicken, Bacon, Ranch Pizza.
    4 x 3 Ingredient recipes 2 try 1 time in your life!
    They lost me when they mentioned bacon jalapeno poppers as one of the recipes, I suppose I could skip over that one when watching the video.
    sautéed lotus root & bok choy in clear garlic sauce | Mary's Test Kitchen
    One Nit Pick, where they use 3/4 cup vegan "chicken" broth or vegetable broth, IMO it should be called Mock vegan "chicken" broth or vegetable broth or something similar, Opinions ?
    I have Seen Lotus Root and it is a weird looking thing with those holes in it.
    Low Carb Cookies Recipes! Gluten Free & Keto
    I think this one will be very interesting since I am trying to reduce carbs and I love cookies. I am not worried about Gluten Free. Looking at the Preview image one of the 6 looks like a Peanut Butter Cookie and another possibly a lemon cookie.

Thank You for the Videos and Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi!
    I came back here to check on one of the vids. and discovered I didn't post. ???
    So, here I am, back again.

Doing some reading, and not much else. I'm having a 'Do Nothing' day. I think we should start a trend...'DoNothingism'. LOL!! So far its working. And the outside is mysteriously dark for 1:30 pm..so I think I'll add 'Nap' to my list for this day. Now I'm hearing what I think is thunder. I'm seriously SURE its time for a nap!

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    Ever since my brother lost his beloved not wide screen LCD monitor AKA 4:3 Aspect ratio to a thunderstorm he powers down the computer and turns off the power strip. Back in the day before High-speed Internet we did a decent business replacing modems that got fried in lightening storms :wink:

Post, what's that ?

I am already hearing shoveling sounds outside and it is not even 7AM. According to my brother we lost Satellite TV overnight, he never shuts off the TV :smiley: It is working again this morning so my best guess is that the Overnight heavy wet snow blocked the signal.
    Oh, why I came back...(with a flash of lightening, and some very, very loud thunder. )
    I've had canned lotus root...but would like to try steaming some from fresh..and I love Bok Choy...so looks like a natural for me... Also glad to see the vid on expiration dates...Obviously these laws requiring them were not thought out with a spin to reality.
    Millennial's not happy owning houses? Feature that. (Snark intended)
    Amazon Supermarkets?? Really? From what I read, small stores, maybe buying out a small chain store group...I'm just shaking my head.

More very local thunder following flash of light.
    Nap time!!

Later...
    I like the Chinese Moon Cakes made with Lotus Root FWIW. If You look at this Wikipedia link they have a image of the Lotus Root Moon cake and explain that it as follows. A mooncake is a Chinese bakery product traditionally eaten during the Mid-Autumn Festival (中秋節). The festival is for lunar appreciation and moon watching, when mooncakes are regarded as an indispensable delicacy.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mooncake

Lucky You if You can sleep in a loud Thunderstorm.

If they had done some research ahead of buying their home they would not have been surprised by the associated costs, Considering that Millennial's are a very connected generation that is somewhat surprising to me.

The wall street Journal said Amazon is also interested in possible acquisitions to strengthen its supermarket strategy.
    As I see it they speculating, They could be right or wrong, Your guess is at least as good as mine.

I have to wonder how many people confuse Sell by with use by dates ? The milk my brother bought yesterday has a sell by date and the UHT milk I use has a Use by date, Not very consistent even within the same type of product. BTW who hasn't cut off the mold on a chunk of Cheddar cheese and eaten the rest ?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 2C/36F with an expected high of 8C/45F and 0% chance of precipitation.

Sounds like a good day to get out and buy a few things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37KysB34Hbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr-o01qiRYI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRAFj430Cww

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYoG4Lo99aY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0Z1vpJNrtE

• GardenKatGardens
    Hi! Had a nice visit with my SIL and niece Leslie. Leslie lives in Marietta...SIL in Texas.
    Freeze warnings out for tonite, with some sleet/light snow south of the city. So not at my house, which is fine by me.
    When I got home this afternoon I started reading and watching (the meals for one, etc.) the posts....and Rogers links..the really notable Wiki link for Moon Cakes. (definitely not the moon pie and RC of the south Ed!!! LOL!) There are several coffee and dessert places close by me, and I'll be watching this fall. I may have to break a 'no meat/dairy' house rule, but I am a sucker for trying things..at least once. The one with salted duck egg will not be on my list to try. LOL. Just doesn't even sound tasty.

That may be all I know! ???? really. Ouch!

Going to start a load of laundry shortly. I'll at least have one thing done today, besides a clean kitchen sink, and 2 clean cat boxes. I'll take my small victories and just grin.

Hope you've both had great days...Roger careful with that heavy wet snow. (but you live in Jersey, and I know you know all about it.) Ed...stay warm tonite. Down to mid 20's tonite. I mean why not...everything is blooming..like the cherry trees, peach trees, etc.) Troubling is its going south of the city, where the fruit trees are. I'm guessing that our mountain apple trees are not blooming yet.

Ok, I'm rambling...

Later...
  • RogerToo
    0F8VpK.jpg
    Oops

6js8tJ.jpg

m3Km1Z.jpg

nKvcqn.jpg

OHM81P.jpg

zshkHF.jpg

ikWEI7.gif

gPv1Zt.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 2C/36F with an expected high of 8C/45F and 0% chance of precipitation.

Sounds like a good day to get out and buy a few things.
    Hi Ed
    Lucky You, our high temperature today is forecast to be 30 with a normal high of 46 we are not going to get near that for the next few days where the overnight temperatures are forecast to be in the teens.
    Irish People Try American Cricket Snacks
    There is no way I would try them!
    How to Make the Absolute Best Baked Potatoes
    That is a recipe I could use, not often as I have been having a Blood Sugar Problem :(
    EASY VEGAN MEALS FOR ONE
    Vegan Shakshuka, Creamy Vegan Mac & Nooch, and Vegan Buffalo "Chicken" ??
    I have no idea what Nooch is, and since I do not eat Real Buffalo Chicken I am unlikely to eat Vegan Buffalo Chicken :smiley:
    Cut The Zucchini 10x & Put It On The Board
    Hmm... I looked at the recipe and I see Zucchini and Eggplant as well as ham and puff pastry, likely nothing I would eat more than once.
    How to Make Traditional Ethiopian Food With Marcus Samuelsson
    I wonder if he serves this at one of his NYC eateries ?

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking and no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 22 degrees. The Streets are in good shape and as usual most of the sidewalks are OK, excluding at the corners where many have not shoveled out the cutouts to the street. Thus I did most of my walking in the streets.

http://news.trust.org/item/20190303155111-1bfjg
    China's Xinhua presents news using robot news anchor

This was news to me that a Chinese company owner Volvo
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2019/03/04/volvo-speed-limit/3053169002/
    Volvo imposes speed limit on cars to bring attention to 'dangers of speeding'
    Volvo plans to impose a speed limit of about 112 miles per hour on all of its vehicles beginning in 2020.
    The Chinese-owned Swedish automotive brand said it was making the move to bring attention to the dangers of speeding.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger