100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    I took a day off walking and Did Yard Work instead. I mowed and weeded and my Brother ran the weed whacker and is muttering about where is the leaf blower. Well we both looked and it is MIA. So Out came the brooms.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Terri70 wrote: »
    Just have a quick second, but wanted to tell y'all that the sale on NS giftcards is on at Costco. $59.99.

Hi Terri
    Everybody is ahead of me on that one :)

1mmyeif6nk7h.jpg

Regarding the Costco Sale it shows
    $59.99 After $20 OFF
    $100 Nutrisystem Success Gift Card
    $20 manufacturer’s discount** is valid 6/29/15 through 7/19/15. While supplies last.

• suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hello all...hope everything is well. Ordered my cards yesterday \o/. Nothing sweeter than to get the program to such a discount. Too bad I can't use them on my current box....started processing yesterday sigh.

Still sun sunburned from this weekend but that did not keep me away from my exercise.

Hope everybody is doing well!!
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi All
    Welcome to Wednesday
    I walked to the post office, McDs for Coffee and looped the long way back home, total 2.75 miles. I see that one portion of my order is out for delivery today. I suspect it to be the Shelf Stable foods. I'll know when it comes. As long as my frozen does not sit in FedEx over the Holiday Weekend.
    It is a bit humid, We had thunderstorms go through overnight 4AM'ish time frame. The rain was gone although the streets were still wet when I started out.

Have a Great Day
    Roger

Edit: The phone just rang and voila it was NutriSystem telling me to expect my frozen in the next three days. That usually equates to the same day as the call. As it happens I was really hoping that it would be the Shelf Stable foods :)
    suegen1 wrote: »
    Hello all...hope everything is well. Ordered my cards yesterday \o/. Nothing sweeter than to get the program to such a discount. Too bad I can't use them on my current box....started processing yesterday sigh.

Still sun sunburned from this weekend but that did not keep me away from my exercise.

Hope everybody is doing well!!

Hi Sue
    I was able to use the ones I bought during the earlier sale. I am now on the fence as to whether or not to order more as I still have a 4 or 5 month supply left from the previous sale.

Cheers
    Roger
  • suegen1
    Options
    Roger, I was able to buy 6 cards as sadly I can't afford more to buy at one time...but I take them compared to having to pay the "normal" price. I got an email earlier that mine have shipped....so the next deliveries will be cheaper!!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    suegen1 wrote: »
    Roger, I was able to buy 6 cards as sadly I can't afford more to buy at one time...but I take them compared to having to pay the "normal" price. I got an email earlier that mine have shipped....so the next deliveries will be cheaper!!

Hi Sue
    Do not forget that even at the off sale price you still save $20.01 off of the Gift cards $100 face value. I used a lot of them with this order due to ordering A La Carte to try and get my meals and snacks into balance. What I will do is delay the next order and re-evaluate if I need to do more A La Carte. I had a lot of lunches and Breakfasts left due to the food I bought from people selling it. I look at eBay periodically and have not spotted any bargains lately. Most of my Bargains came from sellers on the Old NutriSystem forums, But that path is now closed.

Cheers
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I just joined NS and I am going to start the Fast 5 on Sunday. That way its a new week and it might make it easier for me. I need to lose 100 to be in the weight requirement. And I am going to need some support. I work odd hours and I hope I can do this NS plan. I am excited and nervous of the change of life style. And some Online friends would be great too.

Hi! FindTheSkinnyMe
    Welcome to the group! You will not find a better place to be! I have a lot to lose, too! I worked shift a long time, but you will figure out your rhythm! I wish I had started this sooner! I have lost 33 lbs, slow, but I have dropped 2 sizes in clothes and can work like a horse outside. I used to have trouble just walking, as many here have had! Don't forget to drink your water!! Glad you are here!! Jan
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Happy Fourth of July week-end! It is almost here!
    I will spend it cutting grass, as the rain showers has got it growing again! I have been working on a little spa/zen area, so I can retire there in between the jobs!

Roger, you have such a quiet determination I think we all admire. You have encouraged me with your walks, so I have grabbed one or two dogs and walked them. It is a short distance, but I am not worried (too much!) about strays and will deal with it IF it happens! It is empowering to get out and enjoy my yard after all these years when I had no time. The dogs like it too!

Good to hear from you all, Teri and Bev! Sounds like you are both doing well!!

Scrappin, I always enjoy your posts! I must say I would always choose the water over the golf- at least in the summer! It is so nice to get rid /organize things when you are in the mood!

The weather everywhere is so weird and strange lately! Glad everyone is safe!

Sue and Val, thanks for blazing ahead for us! You both are so inspiring and are doing so well! Yey!!

Everyone have a safe Holiday!! Thanks for being here!! :smile:
  • scrappin999
    scrappin999 Posts: 84 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    hi all - haven't posted recently as MFP logged me out - been reading tho.

Happy 4th! Be good and nibble, then get back on program!

Anyone see the new NuMi Balance program NS is offering for $100 a month. Seems like dinners on your own - you get breakfast, lunch and snacks - you get to choose shelf stable presorted choices, comfort food or customer favs. The dinners are put together by filling plastic containers they send you - they're touting no calorie counting, nor points, no guessing - you just fill the containers by following a list of choices. Sounds like a nice option - normal price is $150.

DH is fishing - finally. Gorgeous weather here - mid 60s, high 70s today. It's been that way all week - wonderful and most likely the best week of the season. We've had the rainiest 3 wks ever in the last 100 years. I'm supposed to be with him, but woke hourly thru the night - thighs burning - and the full moon was really bright and shining on my pillow. So convinced him to go alone - he left at 7. He should have fun - has a new extension handle for the motor to make it a bit easier, some new tackle and fishing ideas, and is going to an old favorite lake. I'll noodle around with paperwork, etc, and most likely take a nap.

Working on the family tree again -as I signed up for a website I'm paying for and don't want to waste access. Trying to figure out if it's possible to consolidate any of these online trees - Ancestry, My Heritage, Family Search, etc. Or at least pull docs onto my computer. Just read that just because you can access a document now on a pd site, doesn't mean it will always be available. Apparently Ancestry, etc, contract with repositories for 2 - 5 years, and if they can't work out details, have to remove from site - so if you're interested in your tree - save docs to your computer!!!!!

Bummed - was working on a smart search where they find relatives and I just have to transfer info when I started getting script errors, so bailed, and now can't locate that page again. My heritage actually identifies your relationship to the person - nice and easy! I'm thinking I'll see if I can connect by looking at my history - hope so. Made a list of direct ancestor names to pay attention to - I'm back 10 generations, into the 1500s, amazing! Seeing names I had no clue that I was related to - most of them German - also new info. I was always told we were scotch english - had problems initially connecting with the scotch side too. Dad's side is slovak, but quickly hit a brick wall with them as my grandparents immigrated, so I have to deal with Austrio-hungarian-chezch (sp) records, which isn't easy - I don't speak but 4 words of slovak, and those borders changed a lot!

Then I figure I'll tackle current DH family line and his ex-wifes. My exes family (son's dad) is most problematic due to me pulling in unrelated folks, so we may or may not have colorful relatives along with Queen Jane Seymour for real in that line. As much as I want to charge along that line due to potential excitement, need to slow down and pull apart gradually as errors I made are not far up the line. Pulled a single person in where a married person should be - that throws it off entirely, plus peeps can't have kids or get married after they're dead......

Roger - I agree with Buttons - your steadfastness is a huge motivator.

You all sound like you're doing well on your wt loss journey - good for you. Still don't have an accurate scale so unsure where I fall at the moment. I do know there is way too much food in the house, it doesn't fit in my cupboards - some of it really healthy - got an order from Thrive Market, but most of it snacks, and finding I don't really eat that many snacks. My tofu is also homeless as are cans of beans. Need to eat more out of the freezer so I can start making my own TV dinners, right now no place to store them - and I have a 23 cu ft freezer - not just a small one! Trying to eat more seasonably.

Slept thru water aerobics time the other day - one less decision I had to make. Not helping my overall goal tho.

Buttons - thanks for the compliment - glad you enjoy my posts. Not really as supportive as I'd like now that I'm off the NS path - but empathize and relate - so still fighting the good fight and still on the journey.

The weather is so gorgeous here it's almost surreal - kinda waiting for the bomb to go off, if you know what I mean.

Happy weekend - enjoy whatever you're doing.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    Is everybody ready for the Holiday weekend?
    I had plans to walk today until my Knee got extremely painful during the night, Maybe tomorrow morning.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
    88672520.png
    Hi all, I just joined NS and I am going to start the Fast 5 on Sunday. That way its a new week and it might make it easier for me. I need to lose 100 to be in the weight requirement. And I am going to need some support. I work odd hours and I hope I can do this NS plan. I am excited and nervous of the change of life style. And some Online friends would be great too.

Hi! FindTheSkinnyMe
    Welcome to the group! You will not find a better place to be! I have a lot to lose, too! I worked shift a long time, but you will figure out your rhythm! I wish I had started this sooner! I have lost 33 lbs, slow, but I have dropped 2 sizes in clothes and can work like a horse outside. I used to have trouble just walking, as many here have had! Don't forget to drink your water!! Glad you are here!! Jan

Hi Jan
    As You say, Many of us can now walk whereas before It was a struggle.

Cheers
    Roger
    Happy Fourth of July week-end! It is almost here!
    I will spend it cutting grass, as the rain showers has got it growing again! I have been working on a little spa/zen area, so I can retire there in between the jobs!

Roger, you have such a quiet determination I think we all admire. You have encouraged me with your walks, so I have grabbed one or two dogs and walked them. It is a short distance, but I am not worried (too much!) about strays and will deal with it IF it happens! It is empowering to get out and enjoy my yard after all these years when I had no time. The dogs like it too!

Good to hear from you all, Teri and Bev! Sounds like you are both doing well!!

Scrappin, I always enjoy your posts! I must say I would always choose the water over the golf- at least in the summer! It is so nice to get rid /organize things when you are in the mood!

The weather everywhere is so weird and strange lately! Glad everyone is safe!

Sue and Val, thanks for blazing ahead for us! You both are so inspiring and are doing so well! Yey!!

Everyone have a safe Holiday!! Thanks for being here!! :smile:

Hi Again
    We cut the Grass Tuesday and will most likely do it again next Tuesday too. Being able to walk , is a mixed Blessing as since My brother has also lost weight we decided to dump the Yard Service and so it ourselves :)
    I Mowed the Yard and My Brother Weed Whacked. Next time we reverse it. Luckily the mower still runs. It had not been used in several years, A little hard starting with that old gas however and I had forgotten that it has a Prime Button to pump. Oops :)

Cheers
    Roger
    hi all - haven't posted recently as MFP logged me out - been reading tho.

Happy 4th! Be good and nibble, then get back on program!

Anyone see the new NuMi Balance program NS is offering for $100 a month. Seems like dinners on your own - you get breakfast, lunch and snacks - you get to choose shelf stable presorted choices, comfort food or customer favs. The dinners are put together by filling plastic containers they send you - they're touting no calorie counting, nor points, no guessing - you just fill the containers by following a list of choices. Sounds like a nice option - normal price is $150.

DH is fishing - finally. Gorgeous weather here - mid 60s, high 70s today. It's been that way all week - wonderful and most likely the best week of the season. We've had the rainiest 3 wks ever in the last 100 years. I'm supposed to be with him, but woke hourly thru the night - thighs burning - and the full moon was really bright and shining on my pillow. So convinced him to go alone - he left at 7. He should have fun - has a new extension handle for the motor to make it a bit easier, some new tackle and fishing ideas, and is going to an old favorite lake. I'll noodle around with paperwork, etc, and most likely take a nap.

Working on the family tree again -as I signed up for a website I'm paying for and don't want to waste access. Trying to figure out if it's possible to consolidate any of these online trees - Ancestry, My Heritage, Family Search, etc. Or at least pull docs onto my computer. Just read that just because you can access a document now on a pd site, doesn't mean it will always be available. Apparently Ancestry, etc, contract with repositories for 2 - 5 years, and if they can't work out details, have to remove from site - so if you're interested in your tree - save docs to your computer!!!!!

Bummed - was working on a smart search where they find relatives and I just have to transfer info when I started getting script errors, so bailed, and now can't locate that page again. My heritage actually identifies your relationship to the person - nice and easy! I'm thinking I'll see if I can connect by looking at my history - hope so. Made a list of direct ancestor names to pay attention to - I'm back 10 generations, into the 1500s, amazing! Seeing names I had no clue that I was related to - most of them German - also new info. I was always told we were scotch english - had problems initially connecting with the scotch side too. Dad's side is slovak, but quickly hit a brick wall with them as my grandparents immigrated, so I have to deal with Austrio-hungarian-chezch (sp) records, which isn't easy - I don't speak but 4 words of slovak, and those borders changed a lot!

Then I figure I'll tackle current DH family line and his ex-wifes. My exes family (son's dad) is most problematic due to me pulling in unrelated folks, so we may or may not have colorful relatives along with Queen Jane Seymour for real in that line. As much as I want to charge along that line due to potential excitement, need to slow down and pull apart gradually as errors I made are not far up the line. Pulled a single person in where a married person should be - that throws it off entirely, plus peeps can't have kids or get married after they're dead......

Roger - I agree with Buttons - your steadfastness is a huge motivator.

You all sound like you're doing well on your wt loss journey - good for you. Still don't have an accurate scale so unsure where I fall at the moment. I do know there is way too much food in the house, it doesn't fit in my cupboards - some of it really healthy - got an order from Thrive Market, but most of it snacks, and finding I don't really eat that many snacks. My tofu is also homeless as are cans of beans. Need to eat more out of the freezer so I can start making my own TV dinners, right now no place to store them - and I have a 23 cu ft freezer - not just a small one! Trying to eat more seasonably.

Slept thru water aerobics time the other day - one less decision I had to make. Not helping my overall goal tho.

Buttons - thanks for the compliment - glad you enjoy my posts. Not really as supportive as I'd like now that I'm off the NS path - but empathize and relate - so still fighting the good fight and still on the journey.

The weather is so gorgeous here it's almost surreal - kinda waiting for the bomb to go off, if you know what I mean.

Happy weekend - enjoy whatever you're doing.

Hi Shirl
    I am sorry to hear You could not join Your Dh fishing.

I had not seen the NuMi Balance program as I will not be logging in there except at Milestones where I have earned a bear just to get it on record.

I think You are supportive, Helpful and informative!

I say enjoy the good weather, Here where I am we say, Don't like the weather? Wait it will change shortly.
    From Here http://wobmam.com/dont-like-our-weather-wait-5-minutes/
    With all the wacky weather we’ve been experiencing this past week I have a new motto for our state. “Hi and welcome to New Jersey, if you don’t like our weather wait 5 minutes.” This is about right, I live in Toms River it poured like crazy with actual flooding and first responders having to rescue people from their cars on Fisher Blvd. One town over in either direction dry as a bone.

Cheers
    Roger
  • suegen1
    Options
    Good Morning all :). Happy 4th of July everybody!!!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    Happy Fourth of July
    I got out walking yesterday after all, My Knee felt OK by the late afternoon so I got my walk in Between Dinner and Dessert. 2.75 Miles
    Then I was out this morning too for another 2.75 miles and am now officially tired :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Happy Fourth!! I just had to share! I had dropped a pound yesterday, and today I stepped on the scale to " rev" me up and stay accountable, and I lost 2 more pounds!!!! I am ecstatic!! With all the yard work and energy expending I was really losing slowly! I am so happy I am going to hug that new bear that came with my box! And I lost in spite of the fact I had two NS taco chips. And that is why I only order two! I will indulge on them next month when they come again, lol!

Nene, thought of you yesterday being happy with your new a/c repairs. Our lightning was so bad last night I had the a/c off. I was glad the storms passed in time for me to turn it on and go to bed!

Roger, I understand mixed blessing! I am my own yard service- but I am getting in shape! If I can just figure out my weed whacker edger today before the rain!!

Again, Happy Fourth- with a big thank you to all troops who died/suffer for us to be free! <3 Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Buttons
    Congratulations on the losses. I like that phrase "I am my own Yard Service"

Have a Good Holiday Weekend
    Roger
  • Nene1125
    Nene1125 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi Friends
    On June 26 my father passed away. It was sudden and quick so he did not suffer a long time. On June 27 drove up to Va because my oldest daughter gave birth to a healthy 10.5 pound baby boy and on Sunday June 28 my other son In law (1 hour away) was admitted to the hospital for cellulitis. Luckily he is a healthy 34 year old and got out of the hospital Thursday July 2, the belief is that something got his leg 10 days earlier at the beach. Yes we were on the nc coast but it was not a shark. On Monday June 29 we had my fathers funeral and on Wednesday we cleaned out his house. He had a life time right to the property but the family of wife #2 inherited the house so I was anxious to remove personal things. Brought my 86 year old mother in law up to see the new baby(4hour drive) on Friday. We leave to go home this morning.
    With the exception of funeral day I have successfully maintained the program. Will be taking care of son in law that is just out of the hospital and the 5 month and 4 year old grands as daughter goes back to work for a week. Blessed that daughter with new baby and 2 year old are well taken care of by that son in law until the 17th and we will see what is needed at that time.
    Things I have learned this past week......celebrate each precious life........husband of 40 years is still my rock to lean on.........aunts, uncles, cousins and former love interest of my father are just crazy(bless their hearts).... Nothing gets done without a death certificate.....funerals are ridiculously expensive........grateful for written wills.......food is only a fuel source.......lemon pound cake does not fix emotions and after the second bite it just tastes ok.....blessed beyond what I deserve by my mother in law, 2 beautiful daughters their husbands and children.
    I will write more as I get my mind pulled together. Hugs
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Hi Nene, wow! That is a tremendous amount of change with emotional highs and lows. Sorry for the loss of your dad and happy for the new baby and your son-in-law rebounding. You have an amazing perspective; thanks for sharing those lessons. You and your family are in my thoughts n prayers.
    Hugs, Val
  • suegen1
    Options
    Hello Nene, gosh you had so much to deal with during this past month. I am sorry for your loss. I lost my mom 6 years ago and there is not a day that goes by that I miss her so much. So proud of you that you stayed on program as that is hard when you go through such an emotional roller coaster. Sending my prayers to you
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Nene1125 wrote: »
    Hi Friends
    On June 26 my father passed away. It was sudden and quick so he did not suffer a long time. On June 27 drove up to Va because my oldest daughter gave birth to a healthy 10.5 pound baby boy and on Sunday June 28 my other son In law (1 hour away) was admitted to the hospital for cellulitis. Luckily he is a healthy 34 year old and got out of the hospital Thursday July 2, the belief is that something got his leg 10 days earlier at the beach. Yes we were on the nc coast but it was not a shark. On Monday June 29 we had my fathers funeral and on Wednesday we cleaned out his house. He had a life time right to the property but the family of wife #2 inherited the house so I was anxious to remove personal things. Brought my 86 year old mother in law up to see the new baby(4hour drive) on Friday. We leave to go home this morning.
    With the exception of funeral day I have successfully maintained the program. Will be taking care of son in law that is just out of the hospital and the 5 month and 4 year old grands as daughter goes back to work for a week. Blessed that daughter with new baby and 2 year old are well taken care of by that son in law until the 17th and we will see what is needed at that time.
    Things I have learned this past week......celebrate each precious life........husband of 40 years is still my rock to lean on.........aunts, uncles, cousins and former love interest of my father are just crazy(bless their hearts).... Nothing gets done without a death certificate.....funerals are ridiculously expensive........grateful for written wills.......food is only a fuel source.......lemon pound cake does not fix emotions and after the second bite it just tastes ok.....blessed beyond what I deserve by my mother in law, 2 beautiful daughters their husbands and children.
    I will write more as I get my mind pulled together. Hugs

Hi Nene
    I am so sorry to hear of Your Loss. It is not easy, however on the plus side You have a New grandchild now. When My Brother and I had to deal with the death of a parent it had been pre-paid and pre-planned right down to Music for the Church Service. It Made dealing with the grief slightly easier.

I feel bad for You & Sue as not a day goes by that I do not miss my parents.

Have as Good a Day as possible
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    HI All
    I was out this morning too for another 2.75 miles and My Coffee. Tomorrow I will be doing a different route that should hopefully get me by the Produce store for Bananas. I used the last one with my lunch and it was mushy so I blended it into a NS Vanilla Protein Shake Mix.

I actually got some Yellow Beans from the plants that the critters have not eaten. They seem to steer clear of the beans mixed in with the Squash & Basil plants

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Today is my colonoscopy-preparation day (oh, joy!). I've had salt-free chicken broth, lime jello, green tea, and white grape juice...plus the first dose of "that stuff." Mercy! I get take my second does of 'that stuff' at 2:30am...and then have my procedure at 7am. (So...tomorrow...if I say anything odd...it was the anesthesia!!!)

And, our fish, Mr. hungry, died today. He's not been well for a few weeks, so it did not come as a surprise.
  • AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Happy Fourth!! I just had to share! I had dropped a pound yesterday, and today I stepped on the scale to " rev" me up and stay accountable, and I lost 2 more pounds!!!! I am ecstatic!! With all the yard work and energy expending I was really losing slowly! I am so happy I am going to hug that new bear that came with my box! And I lost in spite of the fact I had two NS taco chips. And that is why I only order two! I will indulge on them next month when they come again, lol!

Nene, thought of you yesterday being happy with your new a/c repairs. Our lightning was so bad last night I had the a/c off. I was glad the storms passed in time for me to turn it on and go to bed!

Roger, I understand mixed blessing! I am my own yard service- but I am getting in shape! If I can just figure out my weed whacker edger today before the rain!!

Again, Happy Fourth- with a big thank you to all troops who died/suffer for us to be free! <3 Jan

Great news, Jan!! Getting out there working in the yard sounds like it's great for you! Keep it up!