100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Jan and Shirl I'm so glad to hear from you ladies.
    I finished that 'killer' project n let my boss know that I was available if she needed me, but was still really dragging. She told me to take a couple days off and rest. I invited Em into my room for a Dr Who marathon (Netfix)... And I SLEPT! (Poor kid...time w mom and mom is unconscious!) Literally just got up for food, water, restroom...then back to bed. I can sleep tonight and tomorrow too!
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    It was a beautiful morning outside today, I walked to McDonalds for Coffee and covered 2.75 miles. I almost broke a sweat it is so nice, Low Humidity and it was 65 degrees when I left :)
    Currently I have windows open in the front and back of the house rather than running the AC.

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Hi All!
    It has seemed like a crazy few weeks. It is kind of miserable here, though it could be worse, no fires or floods! It has been hovering in the upper 90's with humidity of 60% and dew points in the mid 70's. Next week is hotter with highs in the near 100 mark without the humidity and all factored in. The thunderstorms dump enough to grow my grass a little too much! I am outside a lot and I sure would rather not be! LOL!

Nene- So sorry to hear about your Dad. Such a time is never easy. I am glad you had some good news though with your grandson born and son-in-law making good progress. You have sure had a lot going on! You always seem to have such a pleasant and upbeat outlook! I really admire that!

Val-Glad your tests were coming back with good, normal results, your daughter's too! Sorry about Mr. Hungry, cute name. I was not very lucky with my fish care! I am sorry you have been under the weather lately. Those hours make it hard to recoup, sometimes it is hard to know if you are getting sick, or are tired. I hope you shake it pretty soon and start feeling much better!

Ms Diva and Daisylee, glad you are excited about the program. As you get into the swing you will see it does work. We all have some slips, but most food is pretty good, and filling. I have lost around 34 lbs or so, and I have not done that good in a long time. I look at the NuMi site on occasion and log weight there, but I like this site for recording food. Recording is a good thing, no matter where! And I love this group!

Shirl, Glad to know about the ancestry heads up, I need to back up my stuff! I hope you find out what is going on medically! Take care!!

Sue, you are just an inspiration- you are on such a roll, and eat far more wisely than I do!! Keep it up!

I have been swamped with my too big yard and my little, growing foster dog! She is a hound/ spaniel mix. She has some medical problems I have dealt with this month, but she is getting better. She is rather a needy little soul and energetic at the moment, though sweet and affectionate! She is only 10 months, and I may be a little old for puppyhood! LOL! We walk, and of course that 95 plus degree weather is so delightful! But at least we are both tired after! I can't let Roger have all the fun walking!! My 16 year old border collie is not really enthused with her, though occasionally he laughs and wags in spite of himself!

Take care all!! We are doing pretty good I think! Sometimes it is hard to fit it all in, but the alternative is not such a pretty picture, so we must be persistent and constant and accountable MOST of the time! LOL! Jan <3

Hi Buttons
    Our Dew point has been in the 50s for yesterday and Today, so nice!
    Tomorrow it goes back up to the 70s so I feel for You, High humidity and 91 in the forecast for Sunday .

I was looking at a dog walking its human during my walk today. I see that often FWIW.

Cheers
    Roger
    Jan and Shirl I'm so glad to hear from you ladies.
    I finished that 'killer' project n let my boss know that I was available if she needed me, but was still really dragging. She told me to take a couple days off and rest. I invited Em into my room for a Dr Who marathon (Netfix)... And I SLEPT! (Poor kid...time w mom and mom is unconscious!) Literally just got up for food, water, restroom...then back to bed. I can sleep tonight and tomorrow too!

Hi Val
    You must be so happy to be caught up and able to rest. Dr. Who marathon, which Doctor? There have been so many.

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
  • Daisylee87
    Daisylee87 Posts: 67 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Buttons: I also have a 10 month old hound mix! She bounces off the wall all day until she's ready to snuggle down at night! Hopefully loosing weight will allow me to walk her further then I currently do and wear her out for more then an hour... Oh to have her enegery!

My Nutrisystem shipped today according to the email even though I cant track it yet on fed ex. It's going to be a hot miserable weekend here with humidity and heat index into the 100's... Hoping the chocolate won't melt. Yikes. Thankfully I have a porch area and the door is on the east side so it won't get that hot afternoon sun. Can't get here soon enough!

My back has been hurting a lot lately every time I wake up. And I tried sleeping in the guest room where that mattress has only been slept on maybe 3 months out of the year I've had it total.. Didn't help. I'm a side sleeper and wondering if my weight has anything to do with it.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Daisylee87 wrote: »
    Buttons: I also have a 10 month old hound mix! She bounces off the wall all day until she's ready to snuggle down at night! Hopefully loosing weight will allow me to walk her further then I currently do and wear her out for more then an hour... Oh to have her enegery!

My Nutrisystem shipped today according to the email even though I cant track it yet on fed ex. It's going to be a hot miserable weekend here with humidity and heat index into the 100's... Hoping the chocolate won't melt. Yikes. Thankfully I have a porch area and the door is on the east side so it won't get that hot afternoon sun. Can't get here soon enough!

My back has been hurting a lot lately every time I wake up. And I tried sleeping in the guest room where that mattress has only been slept on maybe 3 months out of the year I've had it total.. Didn't help. I'm a side sleeper and wondering if my weight has anything to do with it.

Hi Daisy, as I lose weight and increase my activity, my dogs (I have four) are loving it! I had worked up to jogging with them 2 miles a day; but had a set-back when bronchitis put me out of commission for a week. Just started back yesterday... Only walking a little over a mile. They were thrilled to be out w me, but wanted our previous pace. Hope that you and your hound enjoy your new healthy lifestyle!
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi Roger. My good sleep continued through the night!
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi All
    I woke up early this morning 5:45 and after looking out the LR window, decided to start my walk early due to what last nights weather forecast was saying. I was out the door at 6:05 AM, Saw a fair amount of others walking, jogging and walking their dogs, probably for the same reason. Sunrise was around 5:45 but I never did see the Sun through the overcast. Sometime after 8AM The forecast Thunderstorms and rain arrived so I made the right decision starting early. Nice looking day now with more Thunderstorms forecast for later on.
    2.75 miles walk today. Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer & even higher humidity.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger

Hi DaisyLee
    if only on that energy.

I usually can track the Shipment the morning after I get the email. Of course I also get it the next day as I am one state east of the Pennsylvania warehouses.
    My Delivery Address includes Deliver to inside porch as the second delivery address line. The FedEx and UPS drivers both do that and Knock on the front door too. USPS is a 50/50 whether it will be on the outside step or inside the screen door to the porch.

If You get Melted Chocolate there are several ways to handle it.
    1. Call Customer service for a replacement.
    2. If it is Bars, put them in the refrigerator to harden the chocolate for easier eating
    3. 3. If it is the NutriChocolates Dessert that melted You can finish melting them and use them to make Chocolate Covered Strawberries for example. Also I can post some recipes from the Old Recipes Posts on the old NS forum that uses them.

I just checked and if You go to here http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10192342/nutrichocolate-chunky-by-ktmoore1960#Item_1
    You can use them to make a Nutrichocolate Chunky candy.

I am also a side sleeper for many years. With the Weight loss I am sleeping better and longer and my back is so much better too. I suspect that is Your problem too. My Banana with Breakfast as the SmartCarb has (Knock Wood) eliminated the leg cramps that used to wake me up many nights too.

Look Forward to a much better Quality of Life.
    Good Luck
    Roger

Hi Daisy, as I lose weight and increase my activity, my dogs (I have four) are loving it! I had worked up to jogging with them 2 miles a day; but had a set-back when bronchitis put me out of commission for a week. Just started back yesterday... Only walking a little over a mile. They were thrilled to be out w me, but wanted our previous pace. Hope that you and your hound enjoy your new healthy lifestyle!
    Hi Roger. My good sleep continued through the night!

Hi Val
    Good News with the Sleep :)

TBH I do not see how anybody, even a Superman could jog with bronchitis

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • scrappin999
    scrappin999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    For sure not NS related, at all.

I need a new all in one printer that includes a fax. I've gotten Epsom the last few times and love it until the printer heads go out - then it needs replacement. I don't need a photo printer, I have a Canon printer dedicated for that purpose. I started looking at good reviews - printers run anywhere from 70 - 400. Confusing tho.

Any one have a great or horrid printer?
  • Daisylee87
    Options
    Mm chocolate covered strawberries sound like an amazing idea! If they aren't melted, they will be for sure at some point!

My package should be here Tuesday! Thankfully I'm off that day.

Walked Monster (aka Bailey the pup) this morning around 5... Was already almost too hot. The old man, 7 year old lab, isn't fairing so well. He has hip problems so I need to keep him moving but I think I'm going to have to shorten it to half the neighborhood for him. Colder air is supposed to come in tonight after then storms so hopefully we can get out tomorrow morning no problem.

Scrappin: I am completely ignorant to electronics... I always bug my brother about them. Usually what I do though is go to Amazon and read reviews on whatever I'm buying in my price range that does what I want and go from there. Maybe they will have a bunch of printer reviews to help with the selection process
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi Roger - Still improving...did about 1/2 walk and 1/2 jog today. :)

Hi Shirl - I have a Kodak WSP 5250 printer/scanner that's been working for years now (well the scanner died last year, but printer going strong)! I didn't research it at all...I just got lucky. No fax though.

Hi Daisy - My doggies are some of my best motivators for walking (and now jogging) more. I take Oscar and Spike first on a shorter route (Oscar goes lame quickly because previous owner neglected his Lyme's Disease so it's permanent; and Spike, well he's little); then I take Duke and Lucy on a longer route (both full of energy!). We try to go before daybreak...gets hot here in TX too!

ea8vl79x6ail.jpg

Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday!
    ~Val
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    It was 77 degrees at SunRise and Humid. I decided to walk anyway. At least by getting out before 6AM I missed having the sun beat down on me making it even worse. I still worked up a bit of a sweat :)
    2.75 Miles walked despite the weather.

I did get lazy and let my brother pick up 2 Lettuce and some smallish Bananas for me at the ShopRite Grocery Store.

The weather forecasts are showing the THI or as they seem to be calling it now feels like temperatures over 100 Degrees for most of the state including the next town over.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    For sure not NS related, at all.

I need a new all in one printer that includes a fax. I've gotten Epsom the last few times and love it until the printer heads go out - then it needs replacement. I don't need a photo printer, I have a Canon printer dedicated for that purpose. I started looking at good reviews - printers run anywhere from 70 - 400. Confusing tho.

Any one have a great or horrid printer?

Hi Shirl
    My Suggestion would be to rethink if I needed a All-In-One. I would think about either a Monchrome Laser or a Color Laser printer. I use a cheap $50 Brother and get 4000+ pages on the toner. Ink jets can eat You up. If You can do without Color printing since You have a Canon for that a Monochrome printer might work. I also Like HP, My complaint with Epsons is the printheads as You say.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Mm chocolate covered strawberries sound like an amazing idea! If they aren't melted, they will be for sure at some point!

My package should be here Tuesday! Thankfully I'm off that day.

Walked Monster (aka Bailey the pup) this morning around 5... Was already almost too hot. The old man, 7 year old lab, isn't fairing so well. He has hip problems so I need to keep him moving but I think I'm going to have to shorten it to half the neighborhood for him. Colder air is supposed to come in tonight after then storms so hopefully we can get out tomorrow morning no problem.

Scrappin: I am completely ignorant to electronics... I always bug my brother about them. Usually what I do though is go to Amazon and read reviews on whatever I'm buying in my price range that does what I want and go from there. Maybe they will have a bunch of printer reviews to help with the selection process

Hi Daisy Lee
    I am thinking about trying this recipe I posted that uses NutriChocolates, I would love to have some Chocolate peanut Clusters. Plus it looks really easy to make which is my speed :)
    Chocolate Peanut Cluster, Counts as 1 Dessert + 1/2 Power Fuel
    wlxtn73xuid4.jpg

Good Luck
    Roger
    Hi Roger - Still improving...did about 1/2 walk and 1/2 jog today. :)

Hi Shirl - I have a Kodak WSP 5250 printer/scanner that's been working for years now (well the scanner died last year, but printer going strong)! I didn't research it at all...I just got lucky. No fax though.

Hi Daisy - My doggies are some of my best motivators for walking (and now jogging) more. I take Oscar and Spike first on a shorter route (Oscar goes lame quickly because previous owner neglected his Lyme's Disease so it's permanent; and Spike, well he's little); then I take Duke and Lucy on a longer route (both full of energy!). We try to go before daybreak...gets hot here in TX too!

ea8vl79x6ail.jpg

Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday!
    ~Val

Hi Val
    So in effect You are getting two walks :)

The last two days I have been getting out the door before 6AM. That way I can most of my walk in before the Sun is on me.

Cheers
    Roger
  • scrappin999
    Options
    Val - good looking family!
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Thanks Shirl - They are my family! There's a saying that goes something like, "Someday I hope to be as awesome as my dogs think I am."

I am so grateful that I can work from home whenever I choose...so I get an extra walk in (rather than sitting in traffic!), I can be here for Em to talk with whenever she wants, and I get to take ALL my dogs "to work" with all the comforts of home. I certainly have enjoyed my four days off...SLEPT Thurs, Fri, and Sat...and caught up with all my responsibilities today (laundry, dishes, groceries, etc.).

Hope everyone has a super week!
  • nwsocal
    nwsocal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Roger I cannot find the 100% challenge anywhere. Help please!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Everybody
    I got a later than planned start with my walking today. Original plan was to be out the door at Sunrise, Sleep intervened and since I do not turn on the alarm function these days I was out the door a hour 10 minutes later :)
    It was 82 degrees and Humid when I got out the door, I took a westerly direction in to keep the morning Sun out of my Eyes and since that also takes me by the Lake on mostly shady routes it helped a little bit. I also chose that routing since I had more than one way to bail out of the walk and cut it short that way. I did get 2.75 miles in but I was in a near terminal sweat condition and worn down by the time I got home. That heat and Humidity takes it out of a person. It is time to create a few new routes for my walking too.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    nwsocal wrote: »
    Roger I cannot find the 100% challenge anywhere. Help please!

Hi
    I am putting links to three Groups currently in use. The 100% Challenge is in middle Link. The next One will also be advertised and placed there as well as options to select a Theme from in the near future.
    Here are other Groups I created.
    NutriSystem Food Reviews
    Nutrisystem Users Challenges
    NutriSystem Plan Recipes

More Coming Soon

I hope this helps
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Gracious- I am not doing too well! I need to get re motivated!

Daisy, Walking "Monster" sounds like a hoot! MayMay does not know how to walk at all. I need to work on that. I am trying the giving a treat method every little bit. Any suggestions welcome! Val with all your rescues I know you must have dealt with that! Yep,hounds are energetic, but she loves to play ball and frisbee, and even plays well by herself at times. Thank goodness. She ran under my 16 yr old border collie,he was a little shocked, but she did not touch him doing it, so it was pretty funny. She is learning to be gentle with him.

I changed up my food a bit. I think I was tired of it- I am going to check on the recipes and see if that helps! I need to give myself a talking to!! Wish it was cooler and less humid! Wish I was not so grumbly! LOL! Perseverance!
  • scrappin999
    Options
    Roger - good thoughts about the printer. Only issues - what do I do when I need a fax? go somewhere and pay? I've intermittently used that feature. The other issue is DH is a woodcarver and fly tyer. He shares the printer from his laptop and wants colored pics when he prints. Guessing we can route his printing to the Canon, but it's usually not on. Plus I'm scanning a lot of books and memorabilia which I need a flat bed scanner for. As well as we enlarge copies of designs Dave is working on. Suggestions?

didn't sleep last night, by choice. Went to bed at 4, very tired, but in awe of what God created for us. An online friend did a once in a lifetime trip to Alaska, driving from Wisconsin via ALCAN highway to Fairbanks, plunking for 10 days and taking the ferry back to Washington. She set up a separate photo album with thousands of drop dead gorgeous pics. I didn't want to have to navigate FB to try to pick up, so stayed up. Tired today, but really in awe.

Thanks for your printer feedback, keep em coming! The printer cost isn't as important as the ink cost as we all know. Who knew we'd need an ink budget, as well as a cottonwood bark budget in this house!
  • Daisylee87
    edited July 2015
    Options

Daisy, Walking "Monster" sounds like a hoot! MayMay does not know how to walk at all. I need to work on that. I am trying the giving a treat method every little bit. Any suggestions welcome! Val with all your rescues I know you must have dealt with that! Yep,hounds are energetic, but she loves to play ball and frisbee, and even plays well by herself at times. Thank goodness. She ran under my 16 yr old border collie,he was a little shocked, but she did not touch him doing it, so it was pretty funny. She is learning to be gentle with him.

The only way I can walk her is with a gentle leader.. It's amazing. She fights for about two house lengths and realizes it's a much better choice to walk besides me for the remainder of our walk which is just over a mile around the neighborhood.

Food should be here tomorrow! Got the fruit and veggies bought, cleaned out the fridge and cabinets. Do the drinks require anything special? I get the fast 5 with my first order and couldn't find if they required milk for the shake or not.
  • hope4change_val
    Options

The only way I can walk her is with a gentle leader.. It's amazing. She fights for about two house lengths and realizes it's a much better choice to walk besides me for the remainder of our walk which is just over a mile around the neighborhood.

Food should be here tomorrow! Got the fruit and veggies bought, cleaned out the fridge and cabinets. Do the drinks require anything special? I get the fast 5 with my first order and couldn't find if they required milk for the shake or not.

The shakes just need water...I like them with ice in the blender...more like a treat!
  • hope4change_val
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Well, I'm not the only one at home w increased fitness...Oscar (my 9yo, 110 lbs. mastiff/lab)...is very perky and insisted on additional jogging today! Previously I limited him to 1 or 2 laps around our block to prevent his pain n lameness. After his 2 laps this morning, I tried to drop him off at home and take my other dogs on the long route. Oscar did a happy dance asking to go with; I told him no that he had to stay home. He gave a sad whine, then (to my complete surprise) totally destroyed the baby gate! I couldn't be upset...he just wanted his favorite thing...me! He did great jogging two additional laps. He was tuckered after, but no pain!
  • hope4change_val
    Options

I changed up my food a bit. I think I was tired of it- I am going to check on the recipes and see if that helps! I need to give myself a talking to!! Wish it was cooler and less humid! Wish I was not so grumbly! LOL! Perseverance!

Jan- give yourself a fresh start! Remember your reasons you want to lose the weight...losing weight helps you feel better, look better, have better blood tests, get your shoes on more easily, get in/out if the car more easily. Explore the produce section and try something new! Make the NS food "different" by adding different veggies and proteins. Like I've been loving adding canned chicken, diced red onion, and a little BBQ sauce to my NS pizza. Scrumptious and on plan. Lots of ways to dress up and spice up the NS basics.

I'm with you on the heat/humidity thing...even at 6 am, it's hot n muggy. Not my favorite.

For teaching doggies to walk nicely, the gentle-lead that Daisy mentioned works well. I like the Ceasar Milan approach of making the doggies watch you by your changing directions until they realize it is their job to watch you.

Now that I'm trying to take all four at once (and jogging rather than walking), it's more like driving a stage coach because we can't all fit next to each other. The only issue this morning was they all smelled something really interesting (that I obviously didn't smell) and they all came to a dead stop...and I didn't...almost tripping over everyone.
    Sorry I'm talking so much tonight...must be feeling better!