100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi All
    I went walking this morning, Again :)
    I ended up walking 3.05 miles Plus a run to Costco where I blitzed through buying the three items I had on my list, Light & Fit Greek Yogurt 18 pack on sale until 8-2 for $9.99, 2 ten packs of the Kleenex Family size on sale for $14.19 and two 5 pond bags of Frozen Normandy Mix vegetables @ $6.49. Each bag is 40 servings so cheaper than the 4 serving size when on sale at the Grocery store @ 99cents.

It was 68 degrees and 37% humidity when I went out this morning at 6:20AM.

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger

P.S. I added a
    NS Equivalent Entrees From Feb 10 2015 by Michelle (m2marsh) here

I am posting the 24 images (pages) of Entrees.

This set of 24 images is the complete NS Equivalent Entrees by Michelle from the Old NutriSystem Forums. These can be used if You run short of NS food before a delivery or to aid when You Flex.
    Daisylee87 wrote: »
    Hi everyone ! Hope all is well.

5mates... When I lost all my weight before I was able to rid myself of all that with lots and lots of different core exercises... Between yoga and a borrowed ab section of p90x that was 20 minutes of where nightmares are born.. It really did make a difference.

Was planning on mowing the yard but it's in the low 90's... Going to have to wait until tomorrow.

Been on the diet since Tuesday... Already lost 3 pounds per my new scale... The old one I had varied so much. Love the new one though! I've also stopped drinking coffee so that's been rough. Been so tired lately without it but hopefully once my body adjusts to all the shock of the changes all going on, I'll be able to function in a non caffeine world

Hi DaisyLee
    My brother and I take turns Mowing the lawn. I try and get started at 8AM as that is the earliest it safe to make noise according to the PD.

In the 90s and it would have to wait for another day :)

Cheers
    Roger
    I would expect that age and how long the fat was there affect whether things snap back in place.
    I'm almost 51, and had that fat belly for more than 30 years. I'd be ELATED if everything snapped back! But, I'm trying to be realistic.
    In all cases, good muscle tone always makes things look better!

Hi Val
    I would be elated to only be 51 again :)
    With the weight I have lost I hope everything tightens up too.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Shirl, how frightening! I am glad you were able to find people to help you out! I am hoping all goes well for you, yep , not the greatest of days! But more than glad you seem to be in control. It hurts when the money goes so fast, but it is something you need, that is for sure! Keep us informed, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

My day went better. I could not walk, my foot was hurting. I thought I had bruised my foot and stepped wrong, maybe pulling a muscle or tearing a ligament.The pain was terrible. Turns out I have gout. I can not believe it. This would be the week or so, as I have had steak twice, a hamburger, and seafood. Just stuff I was missing. I had asparagus for dinner. It turns out all of it is high in purines, which causes the crystals, which causes the pain. I hardly ever eat red meat anymore, so I am shocked I would have a 1st attack from the above, over really a two week period. I wonder if eating so correctly for so long, then splurging had a worse effect than normal. The pain has lessened pretty quickly on the new meds, so I am assuming the diagnosis is more than right. At least the meds are cheap, as they are older than the hills. So...Another reason to eat better!

Bev, good to have you post and catch up! Glad you are doing well! It feels good to be on track, makes me wonder why we get ourselves off track, lol!

Belly fat is helped by core exercises, mostly by toning and supporting. The best thing to get rid of it is not having too much sugar and having the low impact type carbs, not all the white colored (that are so good.) So NS helps with that. Which means you have to pay attention to portion control, much over 35mg. (I think it is mg.) at a time raises your sugar, though it is different numbers for everyone. Always something, lol!

Val and Daisy, thanks for the doggie hints! Keep up the good work!! Jan <3

Hi Jan
    That is the way I discovered I had a tendency to gout. I thought I had hurt my foot, I finally ended up at a Foot Doctor when it got so bad I could barely move. he gave me something that knocked it out be that evening. What a Relief!

Have You asked the doctor if the change form a really healthy diet could have made it flair up?

Good Luck
    Roger

Hi Shirl
    I hope That the new pump arrived promptly, on time and all is now well.

Isn't that always the way that expensive things happen when You are not ready for them. Murphy never sleeps.
    That does not sound like a Good MD, No bedside manner :)

Good Luck
    Roger
  • scrappin999
    scrappin999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Gout - yeouch. Hope it clears up soon. Seems like you play you still pay - bummer.

After all the drama last night, things went very smoothly today. Sugars went as low as 127, will be hooking up the pump in 15 min. The insulin pens are very easy to use as well as very accurate dosage wise. Will keep one long acting and gift the rest to my hand holding nurse friend who is on that type daily. Pump came at 10 am - we had to sign for it - it was flown by Southwest and in a huge sturdy yellow plastic bag - bigger than garbage bags. Haven't checked to see if the doc I was working with last night is staff or a resident - she needs to be more careful about comments she shares with patients, but it's all good, so guess we muddled thru. I have to contact my own endo for one non-critical pump setting as well as trying to get Medicare to cover pump supplies and maybe even replacement pump - most likely on appeal. Of course, they have to be billed for it to be denied.

Eyes really buggy today, didn't turn in until 7:30 am this morning - did doze off and on between taking sugars. Love that endos don't bat an eye when they ask for a 3 am sugar reading.

Thanks all for having my back. Enjoy your Sunday! Son coming over to put a resume together.
  • Daisylee87
    Daisylee87 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am struggling tonight with cravings... I'm still on the fast 5 for the first week for another few days. I really just want to trade the next dinner for a pizza meal that I chose for a day later in the month to help instead of one that's supposed to be the fast 5 meal.

Scrappin: glad things went smoother today for you!
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Shirl- glad things went ok, hope the gout pain goes away soon.

Daisy- I only did one day of fast five because I was jittery and just plain starving (which put me at high risk for giving up and eating the house). So, I just went to the regular program, and I've been doing fine. Listen to your body; if it is to restrictive, then go to the regular program (ongoing, or for just that day if that works for you). Keep the big lifestyle picture in mind...it's not a race, but a new way of feeding your body.
  • Daisylee87
    Options
    Val ... That's about where I am at and wanting to eat everything lol. called nutrisystem and I'm supposed to eat 1800/cal a day. I'm female, 6'1 and down to 328... Even with my 4 cups of veggies, breakfast, lunch, dinner and two shakes... I'm getting about 1000 calories. Then add working out and burning about 300 calories for an hour.. I'm ready to eat the plate too! Drinking double the required seems to help some.. But I'm in a job where peeing is not always an option every 30 minutes either lol. I'm glad there is someone else who went through this. I thought I was going nuts but it def makes me feel better :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I walked 2.79 miles = 7700 steps according to the FB Zip. Yesterdays Dew Point was in the 50s and this mornings is in the 60s and going up to the 70s later today. No Breeze except from passing cars, Warm & Moderately Humid and I did work up a sweat.

Later this upcoming week the temperatures and Humidity climb. They are showing a low of 78 overnight later this week. I may not walk that morning or I may shortcut the walk. :)

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    Gout - yeouch. Hope it clears up soon. Seems like you play you still pay - bummer.

After all the drama last night, things went very smoothly today. Sugars went as low as 127, will be hooking up the pump in 15 min. The insulin pens are very easy to use as well as very accurate dosage wise. Will keep one long acting and gift the rest to my hand holding nurse friend who is on that type daily. Pump came at 10 am - we had to sign for it - it was flown by Southwest and in a huge sturdy yellow plastic bag - bigger than garbage bags. Haven't checked to see if the doc I was working with last night is staff or a resident - she needs to be more careful about comments she shares with patients, but it's all good, so guess we muddled thru. I have to contact my own endo for one non-critical pump setting as well as trying to get Medicare to cover pump supplies and maybe even replacement pump - most likely on appeal. Of course, they have to be billed for it to be denied.

Eyes really buggy today, didn't turn in until 7:30 am this morning - did doze off and on between taking sugars. Love that endos don't bat an eye when they ask for a 3 am sugar reading.

Thanks all for having my back. Enjoy your Sunday! Son coming over to put a resume together.

Hi Shirl
    I am glad to hear things are going better today. But staying up all night, Ouch!

Good Luck with medicare. Talk to Your Doctor and see if they can Justify it for You. A Sympathetic doctor is a treasure.

Good Luck
    Roger
    I am struggling tonight with cravings... I'm still on the fast 5 for the first week for another few days. I really just want to trade the next dinner for a pizza meal that I chose for a day later in the month to help instead of one that's supposed to be the fast 5 meal.

Scrappin: glad things went smoother today for you!

Hi DaisyLee
    Have You talked to them to have them email You a More detailed plan?
    This is what They sent me for the 1800 calorie plan. I printed it out and work from it in conjunction to the menu planner here on MFP. Notice it has me eating something every 2.5 hours as I worked it out. :)
    jmcc5hif51uu.jpg

And high Exercise may need even more calories.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Shirl- glad things went ok, hope the gout pain goes away soon.

Daisy- I only did one day of fast five because I was jittery and just plain starving (which put me at high risk for giving up and eating the house). So, I just went to the regular program, and I've been doing fine. Listen to your body; if it is to restrictive, then go to the regular program (ongoing, or for just that day if that works for you). Keep the big lifestyle picture in mind...it's not a race, but a new way of feeding your body.

Hi Val
    I saw that sort of thing quite often suggested on the old NutriSystem Forums. Some just get to Jittery on the Fast 5 and the Energizing shakes caffeine.

Cheers
    Roger
    Val ... That's about where I am at and wanting to eat everything lol. called nutrisystem and I'm supposed to eat 1800/cal a day. I'm female, 6'1 and down to 328... Even with my 4 cups of veggies, breakfast, lunch, dinner and two shakes... I'm getting about 1000 calories. Then add working out and burning about 300 calories for an hour.. I'm ready to eat the plate too! Drinking double the required seems to help some.. But I'm in a job where peeing is not always an option every 30 minutes either lol. I'm glad there is someone else who went through this. I thought I was going nuts but it def makes me feel better :)

Hi DaisyLee (Again)
    FWIW From what I have seen in the past on the Old Forums, Exercise should not be done on Fast 5, Have You checked with NS regarding that aspect? I also suggest talking to them regarding Your exercise level and if it will have a impact on Your daily calories.

BTW Proteins seem to help with appetite too.
    I like Lean Chicken, Turkey, Beef or Center Cut Pork Chops. Weigh them as it is important not to go with that looks right as a portion.

I and many here like the Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt, most flavors. I use them as a Dessert with Lunch and Dinner as my PowerFuels for those meals. They are that tasty :) Be careful, however You want the Greek Yogurt as it is higher Protein and is what works for a PowerFuel.

You might want to think about Val's advice too. Some just can not handle the fast 5

Good Luck
    Roger
  • scrappin999
    Options
    Val - the gout comment was meant for buttons, just didn't address her as I should have.

Roger - so glad you're here - you're such a help with NS, computers and other things.

Back to normal - DH has a killer headache so in quiet mode today. Chix marsala for dinner. Son should pop in anytime now to do his resume on demand. Meandering around housing out of place items so my visiting friend expected Wed will see the house, not just clutter. Amazed by how lazy I can be about putting things away at times. Enjoy it so much better when everything is in place.

Tomorrow's big plans - pre op and gonna buy the baby shower gift bag for my niece. Don't you love my short to do list!

Have a great losing week.
  • Daisylee87
    Options
    Val: took your advice... Feeling much better eating in the regular plan today. I'm still hungry but that's to be expected as I cut my caloric intake from my unhealthy ways. But I don't feel like I'm weak and going to pass out either as I was waking up this morning. I lost 5.4 pounds since Tuesday so I figure I got my 5 done lol onto the next 125!

Thank you roger for being so helpful. Things have changed since the last time Ive done nutrisystem in 2005. They said light exercise was fine when I spoke with them on the phone... I just think my weight and height just wasn't loving the very low caloric intake. Both nutrisystem and MFP suggested 1800 calories for my build and I was far below that on fast 5. I'm doing much better today as I just gave it up and started on the regular diet plan :)
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Daisy- so glad you're feeling better! congrats on your weight loss...whenever you are hungry or feel like eating, the non-starchy veggies are unlimited, and water helps!

I eat every 3 hours, and am rarely hungry, or jittery. If I'm up in the middle of the night, I grab a zucchini or jicama...no guilt, no damage to my healthy-body goal, and I don't go hungry. This is how I need yo est for life!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I walked 2.8 miles this morning, I got out the door around Sunrise and it must have finished raining shortly before that, 88% Humidity. What helped was that the Sun stayed behind the clouds until after I got home. The town does a good job on our parks, After I got my Coffee at McDs I walked a new route and admired the basketball courts, Tennis, Horseshoe pitches, Etc. and the Children's playground. Lots of nicely maintained Grassy area too. Plus when I decide to extend my walks in the future I can walk around part of the park on the Roadway.

Have a Nice Day
    RogerToo

Eye halve a spelling chequer
    It came with my pea sea
    It plainly marques four my revue
    Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.
    Eye strike a key and type a word
    And weight four it two say
    Weather eye am wrong oar write
    It shows me strait a weigh.
    As soon as a mist ache is maid
    It nose bee fore two long
    And eye can put the error rite
    Its rare lea ever wrong.
    Eye have run this poem threw it
    I am shore your pleased two no
    Its letter perfect awl the weigh
    My chequer tolled me sew.
    Val - the gout comment was meant for buttons, just didn't address her as I should have.

Roger - so glad you're here - you're such a help with NS, computers and other things.

Back to normal - DH has a killer headache so in quiet mode today. Chix marsala for dinner. Son should pop in anytime now to do his resume on demand. Meandering around housing out of place items so my visiting friend expected Wed will see the house, not just clutter. Amazed by how lazy I can be about putting things away at times. Enjoy it so much better when everything is in place.

Tomorrow's big plans - pre op and gonna buy the baby shower gift bag for my niece. Don't you love my short to do list!

Have a great losing week.

Hi Shirl
    I am happy that things are better today. I need to do a de-clutter myself.
    I just did some vacuuming, Scrubbed the Kitchen floor, & cleaned to Toilets in addition to my walking. I am now done for the day :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Val: took your advice... Feeling much better eating in the regular plan today. I'm still hungry but that's to be expected as I cut my caloric intake from my unhealthy ways. But I don't feel like I'm weak and going to pass out either as I was waking up this morning. I lost 5.4 pounds since Tuesday so I figure I got my 5 done lol onto the next 125!

Thank you roger for being so helpful. Things have changed since the last time Ive done nutrisystem in 2005. They said light exercise was fine when I spoke with them on the phone... I just think my weight and height just wasn't loving the very low caloric intake. Both nutrisystem and MFP suggested 1800 calories for my build and I was far below that on fast 5. I'm doing much better today as I just gave it up and started on the regular diet plan :)

Hi Daisylee
    I am glad You took Vals advice, It often helps. I never did the fast 5 as they replaced it on my order with a free week of preselected Shelf Stable foods due to the plan I signed up with.

Do not forget to eat something every 2.5 hours, more or less. And the Hunger will go away fairly soon. FWIW often the Hunger is not so much a hunger as a craving. One test I used is that I was hungry but did not want a Plain Salad or vegetables then it was not a true hunger, instead it was a craving.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • scrappin999
    Options
    Another day of drama for me here in CLE.

Had a low at 3 am - always a great way to start the day.

Thought my minion Tom (jibitz) hopped off my Croc for an adventure across town. Totally bummed. Happy to find him hangin at hm in the den.

Bank called this morning - really set me off - they are trying every angle for us to refinance the remaining equity loan, apparently so they get more interest. They want 6 months bank statements and proof of income - they're my bank.......

Preop today. Everything changed. Too high risk to be done at a surgical center. Even my doc will need to change - so had doc in place, dates in place, and now nothing is in place - it's all up in the air. Guess I divorce the thoughts that I'm high risk as much as possible. Hopefully the pre op won't have to be repeated - if rescheduling exceeds 30 days, it will have to. Plus it messes with my life.

Had lunch off a gift card at Panera - their secret menu no longer exists - only a social media experiment which soared for a year then died. Those sammies are huge - had to eat all of mine as I'd already given myself insulin to cover it - if not, would have brought half home - that was really enuf.

Got my shower wrapping - huge bag, but too cute to pass up - will have to fill with lots of crumbled tissue along with the gifts.

Went to Office Max to check out printers. Been reading reviews. HP seems to have the reputation of being an ink hog - so what does the sales person show me - HP with instant ink. Narrowed down to Canon or Epson - Canon has one with a grey ink, but wasn't in the store. Took info and checked out ink prices - Epson is a bit cheaper - but the Canon is really cool. Back to reading reviews, sale ends saturday.

Rethinking replacing insulin pump - need to discuss with doc. Don't have deep pockets so unsure a huge purchase is the wisest idea at this time. Pancreas needs to be dead for medicare to cover - I'm right at the edge, but not dead. Coverage supplies equaled monthly insulin and pump supplies, but need to break it down futher as not sure how far that amt of supplies will go.

Can't say enuf about Medtronics in CA - many companies wouldn't send an expensive loaner device to a patient without having any financial info on file - but they did. Great company.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi Shirl! Oh, I feel for you; to have everything set for your surgery and then have everything change.

Good for you to know which printers hog ink (grr for the sales dude directing you there).

Wishing you all the best w the insulin pump decision. Frustrating when insurance coverage is the issue.

Wishing all the best for you!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I got out the Door at 5:20AM, Sunrise was at 5:47, It was semi comfortable with the Humidity, However I did beat the heat of the day and Only had sun on my back as I was heading to home. 2.75 Miles, 14 Cents and sweating. The temperatures today are suppose to hit near 90, tomorrow is supposed to be in the 90s and a THI in the triple digits.

I just did a quick run to the produce store, hot outside now.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Another day of drama for me here in CLE.

Had a low at 3 am - always a great way to start the day.

Thought my minion Tom (jibitz) hopped off my Croc for an adventure across town. Totally bummed. Happy to find him hangin at hm in the den.

Bank called this morning - really set me off - they are trying every angle for us to refinance the remaining equity loan, apparently so they get more interest. They want 6 months bank statements and proof of income - they're my bank.......

Preop today. Everything changed. Too high risk to be done at a surgical center. Even my doc will need to change - so had doc in place, dates in place, and now nothing is in place - it's all up in the air. Guess I divorce the thoughts that I'm high risk as much as possible. Hopefully the pre op won't have to be repeated - if rescheduling exceeds 30 days, it will have to. Plus it messes with my life.

Had lunch off a gift card at Panera - their secret menu no longer exists - only a social media experiment which soared for a year then died. Those sammies are huge - had to eat all of mine as I'd already given myself insulin to cover it - if not, would have brought half home - that was really enuf.

Got my shower wrapping - huge bag, but too cute to pass up - will have to fill with lots of crumbled tissue along with the gifts.

Went to Office Max to check out printers. Been reading reviews. HP seems to have the reputation of being an ink hog - so what does the sales person show me - HP with instant ink. Narrowed down to Canon or Epson - Canon has one with a grey ink, but wasn't in the store. Took info and checked out ink prices - Epson is a bit cheaper - but the Canon is really cool. Back to reading reviews, sale ends saturday.

Rethinking replacing insulin pump - need to discuss with doc. Don't have deep pockets so unsure a huge purchase is the wisest idea at this time. Pancreas needs to be dead for medicare to cover - I'm right at the edge, but not dead. Coverage supplies equaled monthly insulin and pump supplies, but need to break it down futher as not sure how far that amt of supplies will go.

Can't say enuf about Medtronics in CA - many companies wouldn't send an expensive loaner device to a patient without having any financial info on file - but they did. Great company.

Hi Shirl
    Good Luck with the surgery reschedule.

The Older HP inkjets were good with ink, the new ones, well..............

BTW I had a Epson and every time I turned it on it wasted ink. At power on it would run a head cleaning cycle so that even if I only used Black print it would eventually stop printing until I replaced the unused but empty color Ink. Plus it had a pad to catch the ink that would eventually fill up and need replacing too.

Cheers
    Roger
  • Daisylee87
    Options
    So today is my birthday... And also happens to be my first week completed on nutrisystem (birthday present to myself was health).. And I am happy to report a 7.2 pound loss. I still have a LONG was to go but I'm hoping for a nutribear in my second shipment. I'm happy with the start and already tell/feel a difference. I actually slept decent for the first time today... I know it's silly but it really does make a difference over a week of not putting junk into my body
  • scrappin999
    Options
    Happy BD Daisy Lee. Hope you make lots of great memories. try to stay close to program and get right back on if you don't.

I'm wrong about HP - not an ink hog, just pricey ink. Did way more research today. The 3 printers I'm considering are all about 99 - but canon w ink is 139, HP w ink is 200 - it really is pricey. Also has the best reviews - 4.5 stars, the rest are only 4. HP will do cardstock, which I occasionally want to do. Canon and HP - envelopes are harder to set up. Epsons do waste ink, the ink is the cheapest, but printers can be noisy, and print heads routinely die.

Supposed to be spiffing house up for friend's visit tomorrow - decided it's good enuf. Fell asleep while watching printer reviews - guess mental stuff drains me too.

Starting over with new doc next week - he is supposed to be fab, plus have great bedside manner. My friend, who is my current doc's sec, didn't realize he does cataract surgery - he's a cornea specialist, so looks like I'm gonna be in great hands - just have to redo the whole schedule.

Really hot here today - stayed in.

• hope4change_val
    Options
    So today is my birthday... And also happens to be my first week completed on nutrisystem (birthday present to myself was health).. And I am happy to report a 7.2 pound loss. I still have a LONG was to go but I'm hoping for a nutribear in my second shipment. I'm happy with the start and already tell/feel a difference. I actually slept decent for the first time today... I know it's silly but it really does make a difference over a week of not putting junk into my body

Happy birthday Daisy!!! What an awesome start...congrats on the pounds lost. That's more than my chihuahua weighs! WTG!
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Shirl, so glad you feel good about the new doc! That makes such a difference.

Hope you and your friend have a fun visit tomorrow.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Roger- you're smart to get your walks in before the heat. I really admire your consistency n commitment! WTG!
  • Daisylee87
    Options
    Birthday at work they had a pitch in for me. Carne asada tacos with all the amazing fixings.. Home made salsa and gucamole.... I was able to resist those.. With all the glorious different types of queso... And I was able to resist the cupcakes until the supervisor came out with one lit with a candle.. So I cheated.. And actually ate cupcakes.. Traded in a snack and a dessert for that. Planned to walk this morning but it's 80 out at 5 am and air is so thick with humidity I would need a knife to get through it. Back on track today for sure! I will have to say those cupcakes didn't taste that great like they used to. They tasted of fake sugar and a chemical taste... So that's something :) not even appealing anymore
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    First time in 33 years...I'm in ONEderland! I will always work to never leave it again.

9d04x2lqt5he.png