Slow Losers Club

Options
RogerToo
RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
Hi All
This message thread is for those that are slow losers. Feel free to post.
Roger

Replies

• BAILEEMARIE
    BAILEEMARIE Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am a very slow loser! I have 10 more pounds to loose and bet I won't loose those pound before summer's end and that is with an in ground lap pool in the backyard, a park a mile down the road, a place at the lake with trails and Planet fitness! and yes. .. I do move everyday! NS has helped me the most with portion control,drinking gallons of water, small meals and NS friends keeping me on track!
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,167 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Hi Roger and Marie.
    Good luck, Marie. I have a lot more to lose. I wanted to lose 30 pounds, but went to the doctor and found out I've shrunk an inch, so now I want to lose 40 pounds.....I can't afford to get any shorter! :p
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Vix
    I used to be taller too from what I remember. I thought having to have shorter pants legs was due to the weight I was gaining. Then when I measured my height last year I was shocked, Horrified even, I was shorter and had to adjust my goal weight down just like You. I had set it somewhat high anyway and then researching on the Internet I found out It should be 15 pounds lower than what I remembered the doctor telling me many years ago.

Oh well, I have adjusted my goal weight to the new what it really should be and an keeping on working to get there.

Have a Nice Sunday
    Roger
  • lorajs
    lorajs Posts: 15 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Do these message boards work on the app version too?

I also have to mention that even though I had reached my goal I am back to slow losing again. I think that big pound loss was a fluke with my scale. And then I got a new scale which shows a 1lb heavier weight than my old scale. So I think I still have 1.5lbs to get back to my initial goal. And then I would like to lose at least 7lbs before I start full on maintenance.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon everyone;
    Lora-I'm not sure about the app version. I hope someone comes along that has the answer.
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    lorajs wrote: »
    Hi everyone!
    Do these message boards work on the app version too? .

Seems to work ok from the app too. I'll stick with my pc though I think lol. Never was able to type fast on my phone :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    I prefer my lap top. I suppose it is all about what you are use to. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Hey Roger, are we moving to this thread from the Slower at 50 thread? Either way is ok with me.
    Off to yoga in a bit, see if I can handle it yet.
    Have a good day, everyone. ;)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Morning Vix-I think it would be a good idea for us to move over here. There was some confusion on the other thread as to nutrisystem and slow weight loss.
    Enjoy your yoga.
    I am running errands and puttering around the house today.
    Have a good day. :)
  • GSwizzleGary
    GSwizzleGary Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    In my weight loss journey so far, all of my weight has come off slowly... even at the beginning when I weighed 375. I have resigned myself to the fact that I can never put up big weekly numbers, but I do remember that slow and steady wins the race. :) Thanks for starting a thread for those of us who fall into this category.
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 322 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I only saw Roger posting on the slower at 50 thread so I posted here. Now that I am almost 60 my weight loss is as slow as a snail. When I was 49 I lost 90 pounds in 10 months. This time in the same 10 months I have lost 40 pounds. Yes I know 40 lost is better than 40 gained, but it is very frustrating to me to see the scale go down and up and down and stay the same.
    I am assuming it has a lot to do with the fact that I was a fat child and was sent to weight loss camp at the age of 12. Since than I have been on and off diets all my life. I am sure my metabolism is screwed up even though the Doctor tells me I am within the range. It is on the low end of that range but she wouldn't give me anything. So I struggle every day. I try to only weigh myself twice a week. It is sad that we are all struggling, yet nice to see that we can support each other in this struggle.
    z55387af06aeb6.gif
    16077007.png
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi all,
    Amanda, I've been dieting since age 11 too. You've done amazingly great! It took me a year and a half to lose 50 pounds. I have since gained 20+ back which I am trying to lose now.
    Welcome Gary...ha....another thing about this group is that we'll be here for a really long time! So long term support. :)
    Jo, I agree. Plus we're getting some great new people to join us. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    ssflbelle wrote: »
    I only saw Roger posting on the slower at 50 thread so I posted here. Now that I am almost 60 my weight loss is as slow as a snail. When I was 49 I lost 90 pounds in 10 months. This time in the same 10 months I have lost 40 pounds. Yes I know 40 lost is better than 40 gained, but it is very frustrating to me to see the scale go down and up and down and stay the same.
    I am assuming it has a lot to do with the fact that I was a fat child and was sent to weight loss camp at the age of 12. Since than I have been on and off diets all my life. I am sure my metabolism is screwed up even though the Doctor tells me I am within the range. It is on the low end of that range but she wouldn't give me anything. So I struggle every day. I try to only weigh myself twice a week. It is sad that we are all struggling, yet nice to see that we can support each other in this struggle.
    z55387af06aeb6.gif
    16077007.png

Hi Amanda
    I have been fighting the slow down in weight loss lately too.

Cheers
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Amanda, I've been dieting since age 11 too. You've done amazingly great! It took me a year and a half to lose 50 pounds. I have since gained 20+ back which I am trying to lose now.
    Welcome Gary...ha....another thing about this group is that we'll be here for a really long time! So long term support. :)
    Jo, I agree. Plus we're getting some great new people to join us. :)

Hi Vix
    I did really great at first. This year it seems to have slowed down dramatically. I am trying to see what effect dropping a 100 calories a day has.

Wish Me luck
    Roger

P.S. I am trying a new software to disable the Caps Lock key, I' am tired of typing likE THIS and having to back up and fix it. :)

• Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone;
    Welcome Amanda. Congrats on your weight loss so far, you are doing awesome. :) When I first joined NS in 2009 I lost 30 lbs in 5 months. Now I am struggling to lose the 30+lbs. I put back on. How did you get your signature and ticker to show up on the thread?
    Welcome Gary-you are right slow and steady does win the race. We are learning new eating habits along the way. :)
    Roger-good luck with dropping the 100 calories. I hope it works for you. :)

Jo

• RogerToo
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon everyone;
    Welcome Amanda. Congrats on your weight loss so far, you are doing awesome. :) When I first joined NS in 2009 I lost 30 lbs in 5 months. Now I am struggling to lose the 30+lbs. I put back on. How did you get your signature and ticker to show up on the thread?
    Welcome Gary-you are right slow and steady does win the race. We are learning new eating habits along the way. :)
    Roger-good luck with dropping the 100 calories. I hope it works for you. :)

Jo

Hi Jo
    I hope it works too, If Not, Nothing ventured, Nothing gained! :)

Try Looking in my Tutorials thread here, I also put the codes for many other things in today.
    How I put my Signature here is in that Message thread.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • pamherring62
    pamherring62 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This week wasn't the most successful with poundage lost (only about a pound-to-pound and a half. But when I measured Saturday morning....I was shocked!! Down 4 inches in one week. Woohoo! Don't understand it, but I'll take it. :smile:
  • eku0
    Options
    Congrats Pam, that's great. :)
    Good luck Roger.
    Hi Jo.
    Have a good night, everyone. ;)
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    This week wasn't the most successful with poundage lost (only about a pound-to-pound and a half. But when I measured Saturday morning....I was shocked!! Down 4 inches in one week. Woohoo! Don't understand it, but I'll take it. :smile:

WOW 4 inches in one week that is fantastic. I haven't taken any measurements since I started back last June after having gained back a huge amount of weight from my initial weight loss. I am waiting until I get to my halfway mark.
    z55387af06aeb6.gif
    16077007.png
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Amanda, you can feel good knowing you are doing this. I'm sure you must feel so much better than when you started. You are doing great. :)
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! It is nice to hear we all have the same problem! It feels like I am not losing, but I am in those perimeters of 1-2 lbs. a week,(mostly 1!) I do stop and plateau at the same places I had stayed the same weight before as I was gaining. I try to keep that in mind. I was able to buy jeans that were 1 size smaller, and some of my tops I get to wear cutting grass, as they are a little baggy! And I cut grass faster! Small victories!