rlshelor
rlshelor Posts: 596 Member
Spring Awakening
Exercise Challenge
70 Day Challenge
Running from Monday Mar 30th to Sunday Jun 7th

SpringAwakening_Lrg_zpsjh1ivccv.jpg

The Rules are Simple:

• Decide your goal for the challenge. Whether it is minutes, miles, number of sit-ups or some other measure that is important to you. Most of us use minutes as our goal. To calculate your goal decide how many days you plan on working out and multiple by how much you expect to do each day. The challenge is a 70 days or 10 weeks. You determine your goal. Make it attainable but challenging.

• We recommend you create a little diary or Windows document to track your exercise numbers. This can include the date started, ending date, total minutes of your goal and your daily or weekly goal. This way it will be easier to reflect on how you are doing mid-challenge and even after the challenge has ended. I personally use a spreadsheet to track my workouts.

• Create a ticker to display your numbers through out the challenge. There are several places to get tickers including the NS website under the Community menu, www.tickerfactory.com, www.lilyslim.com and www.myfitnesspal.com; among others.

• Get Moving!! Any vigorous movement that is outside your daily routine counts. But be sure to make a mental note of how many minutes you did it. For example, pulling kids in wagon through park 20 mins, dancing at wedding 42 mins, sit-ups 6 mins, walking fast 30 mins, etc.

• Try to check in with the challenge group daily. Give us a short note to tell us what you did, how you feel, what worked, what didn't. And of course, tell us how many minutes you ticked off toward your total goal. When you post your minutes, please highlight them in red and bold. We also like to cheer if your activity has caused your scale to go down so feel free to tell us about your weight losses too. We are a great group for encouragement, support and advice.

• Don't forget to read everyone else's posts and to give them some love for their efforts.

• After you have posted and commented, update your ticker and notice how far it jumped toward your goal. At first it will seem like a very long distance...but suddenly, your goal will be in sight. That is the best part, watching that ticker move ever closer to your goal.

JOIN US ANYTIME!
ALL ARE WELCOME!!
NO CUT OFF TIME FOR JOINING

Thanks to Lori and Carol, who created our very first challenge back in January 2011.
Thanks to Marjorie, who kept the threads running for so long.
And thanks to everyone who participates and sweats in support of each other.

Replies

• rlshelor
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Here is the thread to continue the exercise challenge started on the NS discussion boards.

motivational-sticky-note.jpg
  • plussizeannie
    plussizeannie Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! Found it

ANNIE
    pound_sm.jpgcommitment_sm.jpgcommunity_sm.jpg
    n5lEm7.png

• momof42010
    momof42010 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am here too. Just wondering if we will keep posting on NS board, or just move over here right away???
    Thanks Roger...you are amazing to take time to do this even though you are going through so much.
  • momof42010
    Options
    Oh by the way this is TXMama2014...Jo-Ann. I guess I will work on tickers and such.
  • rlshelor
    Options
    I know its kind of hard for some to continue to check and post on both sites. I will check in on both sites until the NS boards shut down. I'm not sure if everyone in the challenge is going to be coming to the MFP thread because it seems like there are a lot of different options out there. People seem to be going in different directions.

Great job on the Tapout workout Jo-Ann. That is amazing.

d748a07fcd2790d3a5887a7277561ba5.jpg
  • oklawdog
    oklawdog Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am really not trying to complain but NS is making me upset with the shut down of the boards. Urgh….. Anyway. 4.93 miles for me on Monday 4/27 for total of 179.23 miles so far.
  • DISNEYHOLIC6
    DISNEYHOLIC6 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    GOOD THING U PUT UP A LINK ROGER OR I WOULD HAVE NEVER FOUND YOU.
  • mariska9664
    mariska9664 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Roger! :smile:
  • mariska9664
    mariska9664 Posts: 233 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    4/28 - 55 minutes Jazzercise
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i haven't been posting as i should BUT i have been hitting the step goal i posted originally.

this challenge has been instrumental in getting me moving again. almost halfway to goal on my miles and i believe there were only one or two day's i didn't get the entire 7500 steps in.

considering i wasn't doing ANYTHING prior to this, a huge THANK YOU to the challenge organizers :smiley:

~kel

weight.png

exercise.png

vn2jvb.pngCQTRRw
    1416528000_15_1_USD_3_default.png
  • momof42010
    Options
    I don't mind posting in both places until the boards come down.

4/27 - 50 mins (Wii Just Dance)
    4/28 - 45 mins (TapOut XT Core Combat - Can't believe I was able to get through that, did take some breaks, but still I hanged in there...proud moment for me)
  • jennifer433
    jennifer433 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Jennifer61 here. Finally have some internet service. Our Wilson booster should be here today so hopefully that will help.

4/24 - 3.62 walking miles
    4/25 - 6.67 walking miles
    4/26 - 7.11 walking miles
    4/27 - 5.01 walking miles
    4/28 - 5.19 walking miles

Hope to be posting more regularly if the Wilson booster does its thing. Hope everyone is well and enjoying spring weather.
  • jennifer433
    Options
    I also did water aerobics for an hour on both 4/24 and 4/27. All the extra exercise is making me hungry and hard to stay 100%.
  • yankny631
    yankny631 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    4/28 75 Mins elliptical

Guess I have to start my own spreadsheet to track my exercise. Ill miss the ticker for that!

Thanks for starting a thread over here Roger. Best Wishes for speedy recovery!
  • rlshelor
    Options
    Glad to see more people finding their way over here.

GoxzY_zps1e24e6b6.jpg
  • rlshelor
    Options
    Surgery is scheduled for 8AM tomorrow. I will checking when I get a chance tomorrow.

38223eb2-a0c7-49bf-9cfc-6c15e96628ae.jpg{
  • momof42010
    Options
    Good luck Roger.

4/28 - 65 mins (35 mins Elliptical; 30 mins weight training)
  • oklawdog
    Options
    Good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    rlshelor wrote: »
    Surgery is scheduled for 8AM tomorrow. I will checking when I get a chance tomorrow.

38223eb2-a0c7-49bf-9cfc-6c15e96628ae.jpg{

• oklawdog
    Options
    4/28 8.78 miles for total of 188.01
    211.99 to go.
  • jennifer433
    Options
    4/29 - 4.08 walking miles

Total: 93.18 walking miles.

Roger, praying all goes well with your surgery.