Meativore May {{May 1 Check-In}}

Options
124»

Replies

• LaurenLK
    LaurenLK Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    tried to make cheese chips. didn't work. ate a quarter pound of cheese. so, that's a thing that happened.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    So far, so good! (Editing to add because I forgot to mention again:) I did have a touch of avocado and a piece of Keto coffee cake (ruled.me recipe) on Saturday, but less than I anticipated. I had about a shot of tequila last night because my boss brought me a bottle back from Mexico and with Cinco, I decided it would be non-apocalyptic and polite to have a taste. I drank it with a full glass of La Croix flavored water after my first sip.

Aside from the planned non-compliance, my biggest deviation has been mayonnaise and coconut oil, so I figure I'm pretty much just fine. I've still been tracking, but since all my carbs are from seasoning, eggs, and heavy cream, I'm not stressing anything.

The behavior of the scale seems about the same (up and down depending on what I've had.. up the day after high sodium, down after dehydrated days, that usual bit).

After a few days off for body recovery, I'm back to weights and body weight stuff (did core yesterday). My calf may have been strained so I'll skip the elliptical for a couple days so I don't undo the therapeutic massage I had yesterday. Will resume push-ups, too. I imagine this will cause the scale to go up again a bit.

(Also edited to add:) I learned that the fare at my grandfather's 100th birthday on Saturday will be steak filets, so I'm all set! I wasn't that worried, and plan to do the 'carry and misplace' technique if there's any cake.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    LaurenLK wrote: »
    ate a quarter pound of cheese. so, that's a thing that happened.

Just say "4 ounces"; doesn't seem like so much then. :blush:

• PasPlus
    PasPlus Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have been VLC (0-10g) for some time so do not get the side effects some of you mentioned - possibly a 'welcome to ketosis' moment - drink lots of water and don't avoid the good salt. I very reluctantly had to stop the meatavore challenge as my appetite dropped to nothing and I could not eat without forcing myself and then feeling mentally challenged as a result :/ (have had to add nuts for calories). I envy you all - stay strong - I am cheering for you.
  • LaurenLK
    LaurenLK Posts: 17 Member
    Options

kirkor wrote: »
    LaurenLK wrote: »
    ate a quarter pound of cheese. so, that's a thing that happened.

Just say "4 ounces"; doesn't seem like so much then. :blush:

Ha! That's true. It *felt* like a lot at the time. Only 4 oz. Thanks! :)
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I think I'm coming through the worst of it. Today is day 4 of meativore for me as I started late. I'll also be doing my check-ins late because the scale is not at my house, so can't check until Sunday.

The first 3 days were hell by any standards. I'm now taking digestive enzyme pills for the reflux and it's going... ok. At least it stops before it gets to my mouth. It's tollerable. But last night keto stix started changing to "small" and today I'm feeling MUCH better. I'm also trying to eat earlier in the day BEFORE I get hangry.

had some calf cramping the last two days so started mag citrate last night, no cramping this morning, we'll see how that goes.

I like the simplicity of the meat thing. Dont' know if the monotony will get boring or will stay feeling efficient.

Edited: oh and I'm tracking again. mostly for calories. Just curious.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    gsp90x wrote: »
    But last night keto stix started changing to "small" and today I'm feeling MUCH better. I'm also trying to eat earlier in the day BEFORE I get hangry.

That's great! I always try to get my husband to eat before it gets too late in the day. He gets grumpy, and it's like a snickers commercial (where instead of a snickers bar I hand him a stack of bacon).