Leslie Sansone May 2015 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Hi Brenda, AKA zichab, I am sorry I was away and did not sign in I didn't know you had surgery, but I am glad you a feeling better, do take it easy because you don't want to rip something and be laid up longer for recovery.
    Glad to see your walking again.
    Dawn :)

Thanks Dawn-Oddly enough, I really have not been able to over due-discomfort reminds me to take it easy. :laugh: I am simply amazed at how much being in good health matters to our recovery from a major health problem. It is so much more then weight loss. Who knew??? :smile:
    Brenda
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    113/100 What an emotional morning I had. My son, niece and I all participated in MY first 5K race. I did great and found that I am very competitive. LOL I raced my heart out...I walked as fast as I could and even sprinted at times. My adrenaline was at an all time high. I came home and did 2 more miles with Leslie. The emotions came after I crossed the finish line and realized that a year ago I could not have completed this race. I now have officially renamed the race as "From heart attack to 5K!" I think I have more races in my future but I am hurting so I think I may now need to focus on pacing myself and not trying to "beat" everyone in front of me. LOL
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,453 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    May 100 miles

5/1 Vivofit Tracked 3.6 miles
    5/2 Vivofit Tracked 3.3 miles=6.9 miles total
    5/3 Vivotfit Tracked 1.6 miles=8.5 miles total
    5/4 Vivofit Tracked .6 miles=9.1 miles total
    5/5 Vivofit Tracked 2.6 miles=11.7 miles total
    5/6 Vivofit Tracked 1.3 miles=13 miles total
    5/7 Vivofit Tracked 0 miles =13 miles total
    5/8 Vivofit Tracked 2.4 miles =15.4 miles total
    5/9 Vivotfit Tracked 5.2 miles=20.6 miles total
    5/10 Vivofit tracked .9 miles =21.5 miles total
    5/11 Vivofit Tracked 1.7 miles=23.2 miles total
    5/12 Vivofit Tracked .8 miles=31.2 miles total
    5/13 Vivofit Tracked .9 miles=32.1 miles total
    5/14 Vivofit Tracked 1.3 miles=33.4 miles total
    5/15 Vivofit Tracked 1.4 miles-34.8 miles total
    5/16 Vivofit Tracked .8 miles=35.6 miles total
    5/17 Vivofit Tracked 1.1 miles=36.7 miles total
    5/18 Vivofit tracked 2.6 miles=39.3 miles total
    5/19 Vivofit Tracked 1.9 miles=41.2 miles total
    5/20 Vivofit Tracked 2.4 miles=43.6 miles total
    5/21 Vivofit Tracked 1.4 miles=45 miles total
    5/22 Vivofit Tracked 1.6 miles= 46.6 miles total
    5/23 First Neighborhood walk outside since surgery!!! Woo Hoo!! 2.37 miles=48.97 miles total
    5/23 Vivofit Tracked .73 miles =49.7 miles total
    5/24 Neighborhood walk=2.71 miles =52.41 miles total
    5/24 Vivofit Tracked 1.1 mile=53.51 miles total
    5/25 WAH-Fast & Firm-4 Really Big Miles!!!! YES!= 57.51 miles total

Pinky Congratulations!!!!! Many women do not realize that in the US, heart attack is the number one killer of both men and women now. As women, we need to stay on top of our diet, exercise, cholesterol and blood pressure as much as men! I am in awe of you for coming back from a heart attack to doing a 5K!!! You are incredible and an inspiration to all of us!!!!! :drinker:

Walk Strong Everyone!!! :bigsmile:
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    Thank you Zichab for your kind words. :)

119/100 I hurt but I still walked today just a s much slower pace. I completed my 6 miles with my son at the park.
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    t
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    113/100 What an emotional morning I had. My son, niece and I all participated in MY first 5K race. I did great and found that I am very competitive. LOL I raced my heart out...I walked as fast as I could and even sprinted at times. My adrenaline was at an all time high. I came home and did 2 more miles with Leslie. The emotions came after I crossed the finish line and realized that a year ago I could not have completed this race. I now have officially renamed the race as "From heart attack to 5K!" I think I have more races in my future but I am hurting so I think I may now need to focus on pacing myself and not trying to "beat" everyone in front of me. LOL

Oh Congratulations, what an achievement. You might need a couple of days to relax but you did it. Yay!!!!!!!
  • bgoddess2003
    Options
    Went for a walk/stroll with my husband about a half mile. Right now there is so much pollen it's hard to breath o actually had to come home and easy my glasses. Anyway, I'm glad to be tracking again.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    123/100 4 miles at the park this morning.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am so sorry not to have been here logging walks, or even have had the time to peek into what everyone has been doing during our May walk challenge. I will be the first to confess that I have lost track of myself and have not been eating well (or tracking food), and I am also neither fitness walking nor working in the garden/yard, so both of my exercises have fallen by the way side.

I have been incredibly busy with my brother, now recovering here at my home from the hit and run accident in January, and his therapies. He has had therapists in every week day and also has 2 lists of exercises that I need to monitor or assist with, plus cooking for him as well as hubby. Hubby's work hours are so varied that it is hard to combine their meals much of the time, and I don't eat the same foods that either of them eat, so by the time I have finished with them and hand washing the dishes I've already found whatever to snack on or some chocolate :o . So I really fell back into my old way of stress-eating, especially with chocolate ;) , since he has been here.
    That has to end - today. So... I recorded breakfast and actually made myself find time to eat it.

His home health therapies finished last week, and he will be starting out patient PT when that gets cleared with insurance. So I have to figure out how to fit that into my day also. In the meantime I have stepped up his walking since his therapists aren't here to do some of that with him. Our focus is now to increase his ability to walk longer using the cane instead of the walker.

I need to make the time to do my own walking and exercise besides what I do with him as I must walk very slowly with him at this time. Before the accident he used to be able to walk fast and long distances as he rode the bus or walked to wherever he went when he was living on his own before January.

So I'm determined to be back here again and get back to what I was able to do because I know I went backwards and regained some weight.

So, here is to our last few days left in May.
    :flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Brenda, this morning as I was reading all of the posts that I have missed since the last time I posted here earlier in the month I read of your emergency abdominal surgery and the awesome compliment from your "cute surgeon" about your incredible abs thanks to Leslie walks o:) . What an amazing NSV!!!
    Your recovery sounds like it is coming along splendidly thanks to your walking and exercising that you had been doing, and are doing again. I am so proud of you!!

I want you to know that while reading your posts after surgery you have encouraged me specifically to take care of myself again, and to get back to and to stay on track again, no matter how busy I am with my brother. It must become a priority again for me to use exercise and diet to combat the stress that I have been experiencing since January when my brother was injured.
    Wishing you a speedy recovery and complete return to feeling strong and healthy again.

Blessings and hugs to you <3

• texasgardnr
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Wednesday (May 27th) 30 minutes outdoors slow walking with brother and 3 miles LS 5K With a Twist DVD

233 minutes: Additional minutes not recorded here while I have been walking (slowly) with my brother while he is using his walker or cane during this month.

My goal: is to workout or walk at least 5 x a week.

So far: 15.5 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 0 outdoor minutes (in the neighborhood or in a park)

So far: 263 minutes of slow therapeutic walking with brother (with him using walker or cane)

So far: 0 minutes "other" forms of exercise

I'm going to be recording only the minutes that I'm walking with my brother specifically to build up his endurance and stamina. I especially look for higher curbs and little 'hills' and 'obstacles' for him to avoid, so that he becomes stronger and is able to walk outdoors and to go places again. These additional minutes will be those outside of the house because he does his other therapy walks while walking inside the house on his own where it is "safe".
    It is pretty slow walking with him, but every step counts for me :) .

• bgoddess2003
    Options
    wow, May seems to be a tough month for everyone health wise.
  • bgoddess2003
    Options
    I did 2 of the 3 miles from the dance video this am. Trying to back into the swing of things.
  • bgoddess2003
    Options
    Walk/dance video 3 miles and ran for 5 minutes or 6 houses, trying something new.
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    way to go pinky!!! great job on the race and your goal!

5/18-5/27

41 miles with Leslie

136 mile total with Leslie

35 miles outside

81 miles total outside

212 miles total

goal 150 miles~~~ MADE MY GOAL!!!!!

Happy walking!!!
  • Mawskittykat
    Mawskittykat Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    05/24/15 Walked 1.25 mile
    05/25/15 Walked 1 mile
    05/26/15 Walked 1 mile
    05/27/15 Walked 1 mile

May total 42/50

2793411.png
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    bandit5125 wrote: »
    way to go pinky!!! great job on the race and your goal!

5/18-5/27

41 miles with Leslie

136 mile total with Leslie

35 miles outside

81 miles total outside

212 miles total

goal 150 miles~~~ MADE MY GOAL!!!!!

Happy walking!!!

Thank you! Well look at you go! Wonderful and a mind blowing 150 miles done!! BRAVO!
  • texasgardnr
    edited May 2015
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    I must've missed your post when I was trying to catch up on everyone's posts last night. Pinky, Your post is an awesome testimony to your determination to turn your health around! And you have!! What a difference a year has made for you. Congratulations for participating in the "From heart attack to 5K!" <3

• texasgardnr
    Options
    Thursday (May 28th) 4 mile Super Challenge

So far: 19.5 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 263 minutes of slow therapeutic walking with brother (with him using walker or cane)

So far: 30 minutes "other" forms of exercise

• PinkyPan1
    Options
    128/100 Walked an additional 5 miles on the golf course today.
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Friday (May 29th) 3 mile Walk Your Belly Flat

So far: 22.5 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 30 minutes "other" forms of exercise

Y'all are walking very strong! <3