May Morning Coffee and Gratitude List

Options

Replies

• sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful you guys are still posting your positive thoughts. We had a sunbreak around noon, and dog and I were out in it in a flash. But I'm glad it's been cool here.
    @DreamOn145 I sure hope your progress continues, and @retirehappy, it's so great when weather cooperates!
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Grateful for this lovely Sunday that is not too hot or humid! I will take any of those days in FL at this time of year! dh is off for the day so maybe I can convince him to go to the farmers market!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    It is lovely this morning, but more rain expected late afternoon, so we went to Metzger's Farm open space, and did a nice walk. Also took the spotter and observed the nesting Giant Blue Herons that have decided to nest on one of the lakes there. So pretty and fun to watch. There are also coyotes and turtles and so many birds I can't keep track of them all. Lovely morning walk and adventure.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Grateful to my fitness challenge team at work! We are far ahead of other agencies, but we still have until mid-June to go! $25 gift card per winning participant! Neat challenge. 50 points a day for 30 minutes of cardio. 50 points a day for 30 minutes of something fun or relaxing -- can be a workout or reading or playing with kids, etc. Our team must average 3000 points per person after 42 days. I've earned the full 100 points each day since we started! My team is very active, but it is harder to get people to remember to log there progress.
  • sharondtd
    Options
    Charlie, I bet you contribute the lion's share of the points with you dedication and attention to logging!
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options
    We can only earn 100 in a day! I've gotten them every day, but so have most others. We really have a good team! But, it is nice to have the LOL 50 point requirement (LOL = Live Out Loud). Makes you take some time for yourself. I don't use my workouts (although you can, it just can't be the same workout that you log for your cardio). Mine are more like 1/2 hour at my little favorite wine bar. Tai Chi. Reading. I did a facial and manicure. Morning with granddaughters. Whatever, as long as it is something you enjoy! Afterall, being healthy takes time and some of that should be for your mental health, not just your physical. :)
  • sharondtd
    Options
    Ah! Understand now. Sweet idea.
  • DreamOn145
    Options
    I am grateful today for the positive, uplifting spirit that always shows through in this group. Coming here always gives me a boost!

And I am also grateful, as I stand here at my standing desk, for my never ending curious nature. Three days before I die, I will probably start a new diet lol
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    bvifun wrote: »
    I'm so grateful that today I awoke early and the whole pack (me, DH and 2 dogs) got to have a lovely beach walk while it was still cool. This is such a beautiful place to live.
    Wanda

@bvifun - where do you live? I am on North Carolina. This weekend is gorgeous!
  • relaxed91859
    relaxed91859 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for my family and friends. For being able to get up have a cup of coffee listen to the birds chirp and just plain relaxing on this beautiful Sunday. and most of all I am thankful for my lord Jesus who died for me and you and rose from the dead and now lives !!!!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Finally the sun is out this AM. Rain is expected by noon, so I am going to appreciate it while I can.

Hope everyone makes good decisions on this holiday weekend.
  • sharondtd
    Options
    My brain still works. So very glad for that. Downloaded a new app called BodyCalc and got it working, although I did accidentally buy the $1.99 pro version. I'm exercising the ol' cerebellum learning the new calculators.
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    I am grateful for my family and friends. For being able to get up have a cup of coffee listen to the birds chirp and just plain relaxing on this beautiful Sunday. and most of all I am thankful for my lord Jesus who died for me and you and rose from the dead and now lives !!!!

Amen!
  • DreamOn145
    Options
    I am grateful this morning for the standing desk idea! It's helping.

I am also grateful for YouTube! Just this week it saved me plumber costs when I learned how to fix my drain. And now, since I do not have a class I want to attend here until Fall, I have found a T'ai Chi instructor I am very interested in following! That is an incredibly diverse channel! I am glad that the Roku3 has allowed me to view it in my livingroom!
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am grateful that my flare up is abating and I feel human again.

@vicky1947mfp I live in the Caribbean and I think this is the hottest, driest May since we moved here 12 years ago. We really need rain.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Afterall, being healthy takes time and some of that should be for your mental health, not just your physical. :)

So true! I'm trying to remind myself of this every day, in this very busy season in my life. ~ Kathy

• vicky1947mfp
    Options
    bvifun wrote: »
    I am grateful that my flare up is abating and I feel human again.

@vicky1947mfp I live in the Caribbean and I think this is the hottest, driest May since we moved here 12 years ago. We really need rain.

Oh! You live in paradise. So lucky. :)
  • DreamOn145
    Options
    This morning I am just so grateful for this amazing little dog we rescued three weeks ago. He seems to have passed the stage where he is kind of watching us constantly to see what happens next. Poor little guy lost his home, then lived in rescue for 3 weeks, then was kidnapped by us and dragged on a six hour drive to yet a new home. He really didn't know what to think! But he now has passed adjusting and moved into taking over. I love the way he runs to my dh every time he hits the recliner, then flops on his back in the crook of hubbies's arm and is snoring in a minute flat. lol So trusting and so loving. Pets just add so darn much to our lives.

We need rain here too!! It has been incredibly hot and dry here in Panama City. Amazing when you are surrounded by so much water. Water water everywhere and not a drop to drink!

I am grateful that I don't live in Texas and sending prayers to those people this morning!
  • relaxed91859
    relaxed91859 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am grateful that I am still able to work with little aches and pains, for the friends that I have met on MFP and for my family. I am also grateful for the rain we had last night.
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options
    Am grateful for medical science and my cardiac implant. Went for device check yesterday and it needed adjustments. I seemed to notice a difference almost immediately.