Bloody Premium!!!

Options
nicsflyingcircus
nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,454 Member
Apparently I got "blessed" with the option to upgrade to premium today. It broke my custom macros, $*&$*&(*&($)*&($)(*. Useless pile of crap. At least my pie chart and such are still working, but it adjusted my macros so now instead of 5/85/115, they are 0/87/116 (or 0/25/75 percentage-wise). If I set carbs to 5%, they pop up to 17 and skew eveything. *kitten* YOU MFP!!!!

Minor thing I suppose, but geez.

Replies

• glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    At least you don't have to look at those Baskin Robins Ice Cream Cake banner ads...
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Oh I still have ads, because I didn't upgrade. 50$ to set my macros my grams? No thanks :disappointed:
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I made sure mine were where I wanted them before I got the option to switch to premium. If I go to the goals page, it yells at me because when you round the percentages, apparently I'm at 105%.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Twibbly wrote: »
    I made sure mine were where I wanted them before I got the option to switch to premium. If I go to the goals page, it yells at me because when you round the percentages, apparently I'm at 105%.

Mine were set where I wanted them. With the change, they got brute forced to the nearest percentages
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I don't have premium and I don't have ads. I use Chrome and have the Adblock Plus app - it's free and it works.
  • Twibbly
    Options
    Twibbly wrote: »

Mine were set where I wanted them. With the change, they got brute forced to the nearest percentages

Interesting. Mine didn't change.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Sajyana wrote: »
    I don't have premium and I don't have ads. I use Chrome and have the Adblock Plus app - it's free and it works.

I don't care about the ads, it is more the macros irritating me

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options

<3<3<3

• greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options

Me too!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I got the premium offer today, and I have purposely not opened MFP on mobile since it happened. I think that may be the difference. I plan to never open MFP on mobile again until I hear there's a fix for the script. My macros are still at the numbers I set them. 5 more lbs, and I'll have to make the decision to try opening the "change goals" page, and that may be the point where I have to go back to sparkpeople, where they'll at least let me see my net carbs without a script.
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I actually like that "other" ^^ place better.
    Better reports, better exercises, better recipe database ...

Unfortunately they have a miserable international food database. MFP has had 99% of the foods I needed throughout Europe and Australia.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I saw the premium option on my phone, but I still wasn't tracking much, so I hadn't worried much. My phone service got deactivated for reasons, and so my main access is over a PC at random times...pretty much only use wifi to keep my streak on weekends.... But yeah, if it totally breaks my functionality, I'll be super cranky too.
  • JPW1990
    Options
    OK, according to the script page, it sounds like it will still work web only, but he's not planning on fixing it again? At least, as of his last comment at the end of the page. http://karoshiethos.com/2013/08/13/javascript-bookmarklet-for-enhanced-macro-goals-in-myfitnesspal/

He says if he changes macros on web and syncs to iOS, it's still working. I'm on android, went ahead and checked my phone. My macros are all jacked up on my phone, and it won't correct them with syncing. The web numbers are still accurate, though.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I have the premium offer, but it hasn't really messed with anything. I had to go check because I don't actually log anything or pay attention to what my macros say. LOL

It does sound annoying for those who it is messing with. It also seems to mess with those who are more likely to be upset by it.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    They got me too. Oh well, I know where I'm shooting for each day and that's what matters. If I were still getting adjusted I would be in a tizzy. My biggest complaint against mfp would be the McDonald's ads on mfp. Can they be any less supportive?
  • Twibbly
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    They got me too. Oh well, I know where I'm shooting for each day and that's what matters. If I were still getting adjusted I would be in a tizzy. My biggest complaint against mfp would be the McDonald's ads on mfp. Can they be any less supportive?

Yup!
    At least you don't have to look at those Baskin Robins Ice Cream Cake banner ads...

• nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    It does sound annoying for those who it is messing with. It also seems to mess with those who are more likely to be upset by it.

indeed. yikes.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    It's not a huge deal, just dumb that mfp did it. I know my macros anyway, just trying to track my fat-protein ratio mostly.

Also, I ate like 1100 cals worth of cow today. Throw in my hwc and slice of cheese on a burger and it's still all cow.
  • JPW1990
    Options
    It's not a huge deal, just dumb that mfp did it. I know my macros anyway, just trying to track my fat-protein ratio mostly.

Also, I ate like 1100 cals worth of cow today. Throw in my hwc and slice of cheese on a burger and it's still all cow.

Not huge for those who are aware of it. My "new" mobile only macros dropped my protein from 92 to 80, while simultaneously increasing my calories by 80. My protein is already at the low end of my range. 80 is below the calculator's safe min.
  • greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Is it my imagination or are there more glitches in the free version since they rolled out the premium?