Any ladies in their 50s on this board?

Options
13»

Replies

• 19jackie54
    19jackie54 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just turned 60 and am having some of the same issues as you all. Losing muscle and keeping the flab away. I still have 5-7 pounds to get to where I want to be and it is so much slower than before. But protein and activity give me the best results. Nice to meet you all.
  • skinnykins432
    skinnykins432 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I will be 55 this year and I am 5 weeks into the 5:2 diet. I am not overweight but have tummy fat that needs to go and I know the benefits of intermittent fasting will do me good
  • ANGELxHEART
    ANGELxHEART Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    For some reason, everything I just wrote fell into a black hole, so I'll have to come back later and try again...
  • leslieunderthesun
    leslieunderthesun Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm just starting the journey to lose 15 lbs at age 52. I just started a new group called Motivated Women in Their 50's, in case any of you would like to join.
  • iplibrarian
    iplibrarian Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I am 52, 5'5" and currently at 142. My goal is to be 130 once again. I've gotten lazy the past few months and haven't worked out. I have also let the stress of moving get to me and often binged in response. Both my husband and I were practically at 365 days of logging into My Fitness Pal when we decided to move across town. Both he and I stopped logging in for months. Back on and at 15 days in a row!! I am always looking for new friends for support and encouragement. Send friend requests!!
  • latanyamckenzie
    latanyamckenzie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 trying to lose 40 lbs. Health issues would be much better if those fat cells were gone. I'll be anyone's friend who needs me. Just add me.
  • sweetpeas2022
    sweetpeas2022 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 54 this year. I have used this app quite successfully in my eyes, didn't have a lot of weight to loose about 10 kg. I was 3kgs from my goal when I quite successfully did a wonderful job of spraining my ankle. Landed up having surgery on it, have now been couch/Crutch bound for 6 weeks and have managed to put all my weight back on. Not feeling great about it, very depressed. Got another week and a half until I see the doc. It sucks.
  • dimple_gal
    dimple_gal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am 51 and have lost 16, with 11 to go, or at least that's what my goal says. I am pretty happy with my current size, so really not as worried about the weight as I am keeping on the lifting and running and diet program. My bigger goal is to keep strong and healthy so that when (if) I ever get to retire I will be able to fully enjoy it!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Yes, that just happened this year. Is something supposed to change drastically now?
  • janezeeb
    janezeeb Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Resolve2B I am loving Fitnessblender. Go to the website and not just Youtube. They have such a variety of workouts from 10 quickies to long and strenuous. They have cardio, strength and even just stretching. If you sign up (also free) you can save workouts. I am finding if I don't feel like working out, I make myself do at least a 10 minute one. I usually feel so much better that I add another 10 or 15 minute workout and before you know it you've done 30 minutes. Even on the day I babysit my grandsons, I can squeeze in a quick 10 minutes.
  • MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I've only lost a few pounds so far but doing good on loosing inches and my pants are looser. I can not believe how hard it is to move those extra pounds..... lol . My goal weight is to be at a healthy 130 lbs. I'm 5'5" started out at 153 lbs now at 148.

Oh my! You are my fitness twin! ;) I'm 49, same height, same weight, same goal! I was doing well last year, and then I got out of all my good habits. Next thing I know, all my clothes are feeling tight. (Sheesh! Did they all shrink?) So I get on the scale and screamed EEEEEEEK! I was back up more than 10 lbs. So, here I go...AGAIN. Kicking myself because I'm having to work so hard just to get back to where I was (upper 130's - lower 140's) before I can even begin to head towards my goal of 130. URGH!!